The Vitamin Shoppe Logo

The Vitamin Shoppe

Having problems with The Vitamin Shoppe?

The Vitamin Shoppe reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 6, 2009. The latest review Rude & disrespectful service was posted on Apr 21, 2020. The latest complaint Order Late was resolved on Dec 22, 2011. The Vitamin Shoppe has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 17 reviews. The Vitamin Shoppe has resolved 2 complaints.

The Vitamin Shoppe Customer Service Contacts

2101 91st Street
North Bergen, New Jersey

The Vitamin Shoppe Complaints & Reviews

Apr 21, 2020

The Vitamin Shoppe — Rude & disrespectful service

While shopping at the Vitamin Shoppe store located at 10, 201-A Katy Fwy, Houston, Tx 77024, I got into a...

Mar 24, 2020

The Vitamin Shoppe — Age/Race Bias

I was denied employment at your store located at 1740 Arden Way, Sacramento, Ca because of age discrimination...

Aug 13, 2019

Vitamin Shoppe — sales associate

I've been purchasing my Vitamin K from my local Vitamin Shoppe since 2007 usually I get a store brand 100...

The Vitamin Shoppe — houston

10/14/2018 Sunday @ 12.55 pm location Katy at Fry rd and I10 I stop almost everyday to get a couple of...

The Vitamin Shoppeauthorization hold and charge

I placed an order for an three items and knew the amount of charge would be around $100. The next I check my account and notice the same amount was charged to my account twice. I thought I made an error and submitted order twice but after speaking to rep., she stated that they put an authorization hold before they ship the item and then when the order goes out they actually charge my account.

When I asked why there was still two charges on my account, she said once my items ship, the one charge would just fall off. However it takes 3-5 business days for it to be reversed. Meanwhile, I cannot use my funds from my own account during this time period.

On their website, it specifically says that no charges will be made until the order has shipped.

I was extremely upset to find out about this practice and said I would no longer order from them and they would lose me as a customer. I asked the supervisor what she would willingly do for me as a longstanding customer she went blank. I asked again and the only response was an offer of 10% off yet another order. I told her to keep it and vowed never to order from them again.

The Vitamin Shoppeproduct was damaged during delivery.

I was promised 10% off with free shipping, instead I see a full charge for full price plus shipping on my case of Bang. I decided to let it slide, but now I get a last minute notification that my product was damaged and the only way to get a refund is to ship back a product, or return it to store, but I don't even have a product to return!! I would just like my refund and some sort of compensation for all of this trouble.

The Vitamin Shoppe — unethical behaviour of manager

Vitamin Shoppe in Beavercreek, OH. Their manager, Courtney Countryman is rude, unprofessional, and unethical...

The Vitamin Shoppeonline order not delivered at store. order # wo17380439

I placed an order online with Vitamin Shoppe for 2 bottles of Maitake extract. The order was supposed to be sent to the Pasadena Store, 181 South Lake Ave. Ca. 91109 for pick up.

I called the store several times. In a rude manner I got told by the store manager they have not received any order what so ever. I called customer service 4 times. I got told the order was shipped. In total I have made 6 calls. When I asked for a search based on the tracking number I got told the order number is invalid!

Today, Wednesday the 15 I called customer service again. This time a lady told me the order was never shipped. I can not believe it! The lady offered me a refund.

I am very disappointed. I will never use Vitamin Shoppe again for placing an order online. Due to my bad experience and a rude attention over the phone, I will avoid the Vitamin Shoppe Store as well.

The Vitamin Shoppeshipping

Will never be ordering from this company again. This is the second time in a row having a problem with Vitamin Shoppe and their shipping. I was supposed to receive 2 cases of bang on Friday, June 8th. Instead I never received them and now UPS is telling me the package has been damaged and can no longer be delivered and has to contact Vitamin Shoppe. I want the two cases of Bang I ordered AND I want either store credit or an additional 2 cases for the inconvenience that always seems to come around whenenever I order from your company.

shipping
        shipping

The Vitamin Shoppe — the manager at vitamin shoppe in largo fl

There is a very rude, a very nasty, and very disrespectful manager at this vitamin shoppe who needs to go. I...

The Vitamin ShoppeAvoid at all costs

I ordered an item with in-store pickup. I was notified that I had to wait for a confirmation letter before going to the store. Judging by their website information my order should have been ready within two hours, but I never received their email I decided to contact them and clarify the issue. I was said that I can pick my order in 2 days. After that, I canceled my order wishing to just stop it.

The Vitamin ShoppeI will never order from them again

I ordered an item 09/07/2017 and got only 2 of 5 things in a month. At first, I sent them an email asking for explanations. I didn't get any answer. Then I called their customer service and they said that the rest will be sent in 2 weeks due some circumstances. I'm interested why I wasn't told before, why I didn't receive emails... I didn't expect something could go wrong. Their help is useless and this was the last time I ordered something from them.

The Vitamin ShoppeI will not use them again!

I have ordered two products from The Vitamin Shoppe online store (www.vitaminshoppe.com) and received only one item. Their customer service rep said that second item was no longer in stock and said their company will give me a refund. That was too good to be true, I never got my money back. These cheaters gave me nothing but empty promises and claimed they already issued my money and said that there was probably some problems with my bank. Are you kidding me? This site is terrible and The Vitamin Shoppe support is highly unprofessional! I will not use them again!

The Vitamin Shoppe — Suspicious taste, smell and color

bought Pomegranate Concentrate, 100% Juice, 16 oz. The juice has strange taste, has a strong smell reminding...

Wilmette

The Vitamin ShoppeNo order but money taken

I placed an order on Vitamin Shoppe's website or at least I tried. When I submitted the order, I received a message stating that the site was down for maintenance. No new orders appeared in my account summary, but a charge for the "non-order" I tried to place posted to my checking account. I called customer service and was told that the system will post the charge to my account whether the order was accepted by the system or not. She then told me I could place an order with customer service, but my account would be charged again : (. I chose to take my business elsewhere. I will not shop at another Vitamin Shoppe, online or in person. By the way, it would have been nice if Vitamin Shoppe would have posted a notice on their homepage letting people know about the site maintenance/issues. I would not have wasted my time if I had be forewarned.

• Ri
                    RicO45 Jan 04, 2010

I was at the Vitamin Shoppe, in Brooklyn on Court street. I was thinking of buying a box of #10-sugerless gum, which sold for $24.90. I looked at the same item (one package) priced at $1.79. So of course I bought the individual packs, which were cheaper. I pointed this out to the manager and all he had to say was that the company has done this on several items and they have gotten complaints about their pricing. But nothing has been done to lower the price for the bulk items.

I think all the consumers of Vitamin Shoppe should be made aware of this practice and start complaining to corporate headquarters or start boycotting the store until this practice is corrected.

• Bo
                    bobtheman Aug 09, 2009

Were they muslim? If so, probably a terrorist.

• In
                    InBoston Aug 09, 2009

Well...if the employee was some conservative Christian ###, I'd be berating them, too--damn the laws. These people have to learn.

• Mu
                    musiccitycustomer Aug 09, 2009

Witnessed Manager of the Vitamin Shoppe in Madison, TN, Diane, berating a store employee (apparently an assistant manager) in front of a customer because of his religious beliefs. This manager needs to be made aware of laws protecting employees from this type of abusive treatment.

• Lt
                    lta Jul 06, 2009

My name is Robert jackson.I went to the store last week at vitamin Shoppe to buy a multivitamin. I enter the store I saw an African man staying behind the counter and another Asian girl, Khorsheda was on the phone, talking her own language, and it was so loud that I cannot concentrate on my shopping. The matter was upset me that she should not use her phone in the store, even though she did, she should not use any bad work. I was there around ten min. and gradually she was using f word like many times. The way I understand she has very knowledge and manner problem. She was sit-down in the backside and having a conversation with someone and using bad ### work like she was at home. I am strongly advice the vice-president---Marcia that she should train her employee very well before she put people on the floor Otherwise, The vitamin Shoppe will be out of order. I think this company does care customer, if you do u should teach employees. The way she was doing it was not feel like she was on duty. However, I did not tell her anything, just said --"I will be back."It makes me mad to spend my money in knowing place. Company should be more care full in order to stay in this situation.

Vitamin ShoppeOrder Late

Ordered an item last month on 11/17. The item said it shipped in 1-4 days. Was this a typo did they mean 1-4 weeks? Well, I emailed them on Friday and got a robo email stating that someone would respond in 24 hours. Nothing. I just talked with customer service and they said I should get the item 2-6 business days (1-2 days extra for handling) from the 28th. How do you order an item in November and do not get it until the next year. I asked do I get a coupon for the wait. She apologetically said that we won't charge you for shipping. I was like I bet you won't since it was your mistake. So I told her no more Vitamin Shoppe Internet or store for me.

• Li
                      Lil Ole Me Jun 23, 2011

I was searching for protein bars online and found the best price at the Vitamin Shoppe. They advertise on their website that if you order before 5pm, the order would ship the same day and it would be free. So I placed my order, received a confirmation and one week later, no products. I called and customer service told me that because I was a new customer they placed my order on hold until I called to verify my address. So I verified and was told that it would ship the next day. Another five days went by and still nothing so I called again. Here I am sitting here almost two weeks later empty handed. Their prices may be very good but their internal procedures suck!

Vitaminshoppe.comDo not use them

Found website thru Nextag.com for discounted pet nutritional supplement I wanted. Vitaminshoppe.com had it for 40% discount, plus all other items were at that price. However, if you disconnected and reconnected, or left site open for a few minutes, prices reverted to only 10% discount.

Finally completed an order @40% discount totalling over $170. Took long time to receive, so checked UPS tracking and found package was damaged, returned to company and resent to me. When I received it, some items in box damaged, and all covered w-either shampoo or hand lotion.

Evidently original damaged package had just been repackaged, no matter condition of contents, and resent to me. When I contacted company by e-mail, as of 5 days later, have received no reply, other than automated one that they had received my comment.

Would never use this company again or recommend it to anyone.