The Sweepstakes Audit Bureautrying to scam me

D Review updated:

they sent me a letter saying i won [protected] dollars. they asked me to send them 5 dollars so they could verify my identity..for 12 million dollars i'd have sent blood and tissue samples!lol..i hate a liar and thats about all they are..crooks!

• Km
    km_pg Mar 05, 2010

I pray that you did NOT sent that $5 to them. If so, I would change all of your information IMMEDIATELY!!

• Pe
    PETER KOROMA Mar 27, 2010

HELLO DEAR,
    I WILL APPRECIATE IF YOU CAN CHANGE MY IMFORMATION FROM THIS BOUNCH SCAMMING PEPEOPLE. THEY SENT ME THE SAME NOTIFICATION ABOUT A$12, 000, 000 WINNING I SENT THEM THE $5.00 PLUS POST IT THATS A LOT.
    WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR ME AT THIS TIME BECAUSE I JUST POSTED THE MONEY YESTERDAY
    MY NAME IS PETER LIVING IN ALEXANDRIA VIRGINIA.

• Do
    Donkeypattycow May 04, 2010

To be honest, I have absolutely no idea if this is true or not. I looked at the envelope of the letter I got from THE SWEEPSTAKES AUDIT BUREAU. `Personal And Confidential`. Saying that you are Eligable, meaning: You have not won anything yet. I also looked at the envelope and saw a face. You have to look carefully but I saw it in the light. I've been scammed by publishers clearing house. And wow talk about scam? Well thats all I have to say, I did not send no five dollars to anyone. So ta ta.

• Do
    Donkeypattycow May 04, 2010

Oh yeah can't forget, they did say the eligibility is for winning $12, 000, 000.00 dollars. Came from Dallas, Tx. I wonder how many other people have gotten this? If this really is a scam or not?????

• Gw
    gwendy424 Jul 02, 2010

My 82 year old mother has been receiving numerous letters from various sweeps (both in & out of USA), including Sweepstakes Audit Bureau. Note these companies do not give phone number or email address. I have sent 2 letters & cannot get them to remove her name from their mailing list. I have filed complaints with local police, FBI, Federal Trade Commission, Federal Communications Commission, and Attorney General's Office - all of them have been no help.

• Th
    Thom J Sep 29, 2010

Yeah I just got one...sitting in front of me and I got right on line and this/you is what I found.. Knew it was a scam right away. If any of us had won 12e+06 bucks, don't you think it would be a bigger official annoucement? I don't know, never won, LOL
    They should be put away...
    Thom

• Ar
    Art Kitowski Feb 03, 2017

I agree. There is no assistance for elderly not only others to prevent these scams.

• Ia
    iaoc Aug 14, 2017

I also received the same type of letter. Thanks to you, I did not send the $5.00
    I agree, they should be held accountable! This is wrong
    Jo - Houston, Texas

• Co
    Cosmo19 Nov 01, 2017

Why don't people learn how to read the letters better? If you don't understand the letter than don't respond. I got the same letter and in no way does it say that I won, just like your letter does NOT say that you won $12, 000, 000.00! " It clearly says, "Prize Report Funds Remain Unclaimed !" Key word "REPORT." It also says, "your respnse is required to ensure that you don't forfeit your right to win sweepstakes (plural (s), as in multiple sweepstakes)." In the box before the $12, 000, 000.00 it says, "CASH ELEGIBILITY" Come on read the letter people! It also tells you that if you don't send the 5 bucks then that may result in your loss, " the reason you may result in a loss, because you won't get the report from them on what sweepstakes are available for you to enter, so if you don't enter you can't win! If you all read the back of the letter it is crystal clear as well, telling you it is "A REPORT" of all the sweepstakes you can enter with a chance to win up to that amount! Believe me, I don't work for the company, and like all of you I hate these letters that you open, hoping you finally hit the jackpot, but any one with common sense, should know that you don't pay any money to recieve winnings, and if you slow down to read the letter correctly, or have someone else read it then you might not be spending money, thinking your getting money! And for people that are angry about sending the money and saying ignorant comments like, like they should be held accountable and such, news flash they have done nothing, but sold people a list of sweepstakes for $5 bucks, just like their letter states! Now if you don't get your list of sweepstakes for your 5 bucks, now you have a legitimate right to complain or take action!

• Co
    Cosmo19 Nov 01, 2017

@Cosmo19 Please excuse the typos, for I don't see a way to edit after posting.

• Ti
    Tifani Horne Apr 29, 2018

I got a letter too I already don’t believe it at all! It was actually scamming... ain’t nobody to allow to waste my time.

Comments

• Li
    Lisa Dowdell Sep 19, 2018

I got a letter in the mail i know this was a scam right away first of all I know I didn't enter no sweepstakes second you don't pay no fee for your winning when you get your winning you pay taxes but it come out with your winners so if I was all don't send them no money just throw it away it will save your money