The Salvation Army USA / manager service, dressing rooms being closed 2 hours before closing

United States Review updated:

I went to the S.A. in Hadley MA tonight to shop. The hours were posted that the store was open until 9:00 pm. I got there at 7:30, spent 15 minutes picking out clothes and then was told that the dressing rooms had closed at 7:00. If I was able to return clothes and get money back I would have been okay with this, but I am not going to buy clothes if I can't try them on OR return them.
I asked to speak to the manager. She told me that; 1. I should have called first(!) When a store says that it will be open till 9:00 I assume I'll be able to use the dressing room until at least 8:45. I shouldn't have to call a store ahead of time to make sure the dressing rooms are open! 2. Then she said she closed them early because the customers are such slobs (excuse me, I'm a customer, not a slob thank you, and standing right here), she is understaffed and doesn't want her staff to have to stay until 11:00 cleaning up. So I asked her if I could have a written note allowing me to return the clothes if they didn't fit at which point she basically lied to me by saying I could bring things back and come see her and she would see what she could do, but I should make sure that the things I buy are in my size (as if I wouldn't do that anyway?!). The reason I'm saying she lied is that when I asked her for a written note allowing me to return things she very rudely stalked off without answering me and simply pretended I no longer existed.
So perhaps this manager is understaffed, but if she is going to close the dressing rooms 2 hours before closing time and be unwilling to interact with customers who are trying to buy clothes then at the very least the store needs to have a sign RIGHT OUT FRONT that says "dressing rooms closed for the night" so that customers don't waste their time picking out clothes that they won't be able to try on. Even better would be if the website said "dressing rooms close at 7:00" so that customers like me don't waste time and gas driving to the store.
Also, clearly this manager's rude treatment of a customer was unacceptable.

Dr
Jun 12, 2019

Comments

• Fi
      Jun 12, 2019

I don't believe you. You seem to mistake not getting what you want as rude. If the manager walked out on you it was probably because you were difficult.