The Porch Swing Companyoutdoor couch + cushions

A Sep 01, 2018

his company is a scam and a horror. I ordered an outdoor couch for my rooftop in New York City. The item was apparently ready for shipping a week earlier than anticipated. Fedex called me to schedule delivery at which point I learned that they would be leaving it on the sidewalk as the company did not provide further assistance.
I was shocked. I don't buy couches every day and I've never ordered anything without a delivery option directly inside.
They informed that I had paid extra for "liftgate service" which I has mistakenly taken for delivery inside. What it really means is that they use a machine to take the item out of the truck and put it on the sidewalk. Has NOT paid $75 dollars for that I would have been expected to remove the couch myself.
Perhaps this is standard for other consumers, but it was a first for me. I called the company in a panic and after a few tried finally got a woman named Darlene, who understood my problem and offered on behalf of the company to pay for "white glove service." I thought that was lovely and considering the misunderstanding - a combination my furniture-buying ignorance and their lack of detailed warning on the website. She assured me the white glove service would contact me the next day to schedule the delivery.
I waited for two days. After which I tried calling the company. No answer. EVER. For day. So I wrote to their customer service.
This is when it gets very ugly. The customer service appears to be an automated system working from key words and supplying attachments with small print from the website. They never sign a name and continued to tell that if I intended to return the item there was a return policy of 20% of the sale price. I DID NOT WANT to return it. I wanted simply to schedule the delivery. I tried to make this clear again. I tried calling again.
The automated email service always responded with "Thanks for following up!" I was starting to lose my mind.
In one email they told me to call FEDEX, as FEDEX would provide the delivery. They gave a number. It was wrong. I called FEDEX myself and tracked down my shipment. I asked them if they would in fact be providing the "white glove service" and they said they do not offer that, and that WEST CHASE SHOPS never authorized it, and that the item was already in process of being returned.
I tried so many times to get through to them. It devolved into details about a freight elevator and that they would not assemble it for me... many smaller conflicts that would never have come up had the "White Glove Service" they promised actually called me to schedule.
Based on the numerous email exchanges, several of my mine became angry and desperate while their computer program remained cool, you could take away the idea that I somehow wanted to return it. But I NEVER ASKED TO RETURN ANYTHING. I only wanted a delivery.
They charged me $1650, and I still do not have the couch. I tried the Better Business Bureau as well as my credit card dispute center. Everyone gets worn down by their automated customer service. THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. It's a trap, it's infuriating and I feel helpless.