Menu
The Hindu
reviews & complaints

The Hindu
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

8 complaints
2 resolved 6 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of The Hindu. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
5:06 am EDT

The Hindu - News paper

I made an online subscription of one year for THE HINDU newspaper from February 17, 2016. Initially, the vendor (Mr. N B Khot) was not taking any delivery charges but for the last 2-3 months, he has been demanding Rupees 25 extra for delivering the newspaper. I refused to pay delivery charges as it is already included in the package, when I made the whole payment for one year. Please look into the matter and arrange for some other vendor who does not demand for extra delivery charges from his/her customers. Or you may please refund my balance amount and take your coupons back.
Please look into the matter urgently.
Thanks

Update by Rituss
Sep 21, 2016 5:06 am EDT

Please look into the matter urgently.
Thanks

4:31 am EDT

The Hindu - Newspaper

I have made online subscription for The Hindu Newspaper from February 17, 2016 to February 16, 2017 (for a year). The vendor had been supplying newspaper regularly but for the last 2-3 months, he has been asking for extra delivery charges of Rupees 25 /- every month. I was told that the delivery charges were already included in the payment made online for subscription. Now, he is insisting for extra delivery charges. Please look into the matter at the earliest as I have not received the newspaper for the last 5 days and if possible, arrange for an alternate vendor as the current one has stopped delivering.

Thanks and regards,

Ritu Singh
Address: N 268, Reserve Bank Staff Quarters
North Avenue Road, near Rajesh Khanna Garden
Santa Cruz (West0, Mumbai- 400 054
Mobile No.- 8097502416

8:30 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have subscribed to annual subscription plan of The Hindu Newspaper. The supply has been very irregular. Even if they 'choose' to deliver, they deliver newspaper at 8 in the morning (It's almost past one hour from my office working time). Number of complaints to Hindu Complaint (Toll Free Number - 180030001878) doesn't provide any resolution. They give lot...

J
1:21 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I'm Jagdish dubey. This is the subscriber Id-9915005065 & the Complaint No 060809. i took a one year Hindu newspaper subscription online on 25th march 2016 and its been 30 days I haven't received the paper yet. The delivery was supposed to start from 1st April. I have called on the Customer Care almost 100 times and every time I have been given a false...

1:47 am EDT

The Hindu - Irregular delivery of news paper

Sir, I subscribed to THE HINDU daily ENGLISH newspaper vide their order no.HYD520365 DTD 03/03/2014 by paying Rs.699/ (FOR ANNUAL ). F or the last 20 days I am not getting news paper. On enquiry the vendor revealed that the paper boy is stopped the job and promised to see the alternative. After few days, I complained to the HINDU customer care, they in turn handed over the complaint to Mr.Vinod, Area Manager, The Hindu. Surprisingly, he is saying my subscription is only for half-yearly and requested me to scan my subscriber voucher. Same has been scanned to him. The Area Manager has handed over this to his subordinate Mr. T.Saibaba (RRE). On my own interest when I contacted Mr. Saibaba, he is asking me to find out who is the paper boy coming to my area. So, I really got annoyed with all this and started purchasing from nearest stationary shop. My complaint is that either THE HINDU Customer care or the Area Manager/RRE no body bothers. Morever Mr.Saibaba is giving a task to me that I have to find out a paper boy and have to inform him. Kindly look into this and help me. Thanking you, R Venkata Subbaiah.

J
4:22 am EDT

The Hindu - Misusing official phone

often one lady calling to my husbands phone 9841599939.if i pick the call she will cut the call.her name is ramya from guidy.i didn't see her.but she has affair with my husband through office phone.she is misusing your official phone.pl check.the following are the office numbers she is using.0444430910141, 044446451903 .pl inform and check to the following country club manager.if she is under him ask him to stop and to give memo.

M
12:25 am EDT

The Hindu - Non delivery of paper

Sir,
I have paid an amount of Rs.225/- by cheque no:233106 dtd.05-05-2014 towards the subscription of The Hindu news paper for six months to the firm Kasturi & SonsLtd, Circulation Department.D.No:50-19-9, TPT Colony, Seethammadhara, Visakhapatnam-530013 [Land phone: 0891-2536159/2536163;Mobile No: 09849498771] through a marketing agent S.SANTOSH [Cell no:09550545812 / 9502154934] who forced me to subscribe.Un fortunately I didn't get the paper till to this date! It was my mistake that I have shown some mercy to this man who was wandering in the hot sun to catch customers for subscription.In spite of several reminders through phone didn't get any response from the persons ! Can you help me?
Regards
एम के प्रेम कुमार / M.K.Prem Kumar मुख्य तकनिकी अधिकारी / Principal Technical Officer सीएसआईआर - राष्ट्रीय समुद्र विज्ञान संस्थान CSIR-National Institute of Oceanography प्रांतीय केंद्र / Regional Centre १७६ लासोंस बे कालोनी / 176, Lawsons Bay Colony विशाखपट्टनम - ५३० ०१७ / Visakhapatnam - 530 017, IN -------------------------------------------------------- Ph: +91-891-2539180 (Ext: 329) Fax: +91-891-2454595 Mob: +91-9441956194

V
7:34 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have recently subscribed "The Hindu" newspaper on a daily basis.The subscription offer stated that the customer would receive 180 issues for 180 days by paying Rs.180 directly from the Hindu office by their agents . Accordingly, we must start receiving the newspaper from April first before six O' clock everyday in the morning as agreed by their agent. But...

The Hindu contacts