The Habitat ShopExchange & Returns/ Scam owner

O

The worst experience ever. The owner is a very dishonest person and a liar.
On August 30th, I was walking by the area and saw the store. I decided to check it out. The owner told me that it was the store grand opening night and If i buy the dress from him he would give me a 20% discount only because it first night opened. I thought he was being super nice and unfortunately I purchased the item. On the next day, I made up my mind and I decided to exchange the item. The owner wasn't there and the staff was very rude. They told me that the entire store was on sale including that dress. Therefore, I couldn't exchange the dress. It was a total lie because when I went there on Thursday, there was no signs of sale and they didn't mention anything. I called the store several times to try to get hold of the owner but no one answered. OnSeptember 4th, I went back to the store to speak to the owner and finally he was there. As soon as I walked in, he announced he was on sale, which he didn't do when I first went there. He said he wouldn't exchange the dress and he denied that he never said about the discount because it was the opening night. Additionally, he said that I could file a claim against him and he would win because he is the owner and his right. ALso, he said that was his word against mine. Who would win? Unbelievable!! On the top of that, he asked me to leave his store because he didn't want to escalate the issue. As I was dealing with a low class, sneaky, dishonest person, I decided to leave and filed a claim with the American Express. Also, I filed a claim against him at Better Business Bureau. Stores like this should be prohibited of operate. They violate the right of the consumer He is very dishonest and doesn't stand up for what he says.
I encourage people to file a claim against this store at the Better Business Bureau.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices