The Coca-Cola Companycoke zero 20 oz bottle

N Jun 05, 2019 Review updated:

Bought bottle of Coke Zero tonight and opened took a drink and noticed the bottle top smelled like mold or mildew. Smelled the cap and the inside of cap also smelled the same.. poured soda out into a cup and didn't smell bad tasted a bit weird. It is one of the new bottles . I would place bets that I drink more Coke Zero than most people in America and can tell when it's off. I dumped the remainder of the bottle before thinking it could have helped if I saved it. My apologies. Have there been any other complaints? Thanks for listening. Code stamped on the bottle is AUG1219 LPC1949 if that helps
-Jim Botelho
[protected]@yahoo.com

coke zero 20 oz bottle

• Dj
    DJP1321 Jan 13, 2020

I just googled “musty smelling Coke Zero” because this is the second bottle I’ve opened that smelled like a dirty dish rag! It’s definitely inside the cap. I plan on calling Coke and asking what’s up. I’ll report back what they say.

• Bo
    Bob Philly Sep 09, 2020

I've had the same issue on several occasions from 20 oz. Wawa coke bottles. Just drinking one that prompted me to look this up and find this page. The soda itself id fine but cap and top of bottle have very strong mildew smell. I'm guessing it is a summer time issue.

• 86
    8667kim shelton Oct 17, 2020

I just found this googling musty Coke Zero. I have the same issue in the last two 6 packs of bottles I bought from Walmart. It’s almost like an after taste or smell. I have been feeling weird and wondering if it’s from this. Also wondering if they are spraying them with some type of disinfectant for covid. Anyway it’s gross! Reminds me of dirty dish towel smell.