The Book Depository Logo

The Book Depository

Having problems with The Book Depository?

The Book Depository reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 14, 2009. The latest review I did not receive my order even though it's dispatched in system was posted on Sep 26, 2021. The latest complaint order never showed up was resolved on Sep 30, 2014. The Book Depository has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 174 reviews. The Book Depository has resolved 10 complaints.

The Book Depository Customer Service Contacts

60 Holborn Viaduct
London, England, Greater London
United Kingdom - EC1A2FD

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with The Book Depository Customer Service. Initial The Book Depository complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for The Book Depository above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about The Book Depository. Discuss the issues you have had with The Book Depository and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

The Book Depository Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

The Book DepositoryBook order not arrived

I bought 4 books (Order number BDU-806-[protected]) in the last week of July 2019, which were dispatched on August 8th. Until today (!?!?) they haven't arrived in Portugal although the delivery to Peru takes 25 working days. I'm asking myself how is it even possible? Can anyone explain me what takes so long? Another thing is why there is no proper a tracker of my order?

Annoyed customer

Respond

The Book DepositoryNon-delivery of three items purchased, no response from customer service, limited ways to contact the company

I have ordered three tarot decks and they were all dispatched on August 6th but I didn't receive them up until now. I have tried to contact the company, sent two emails but no responses up until now. It's been longer than 48 hours that I have sent the emails but their customer service is simply not responding.

I have read some of the complaints on here and I see that many people have been having the same issue, and the worst part of it is that they do NOTHING to solve the problems. I am hoping to get a response from the company AND the full amount refunded back into my account because I did not get the delivery.

And no, nothing's wrong with the post office in my hometown. I called them & went there personally and they said they never got the merchandise.

Order # BDM-162-[protected]

The Book DepositoryComplete lotr trilogy (audio cd): 9 cd's

Hello there.

Re: Amazon Order: Order # [protected]

I ordered the above item in 2017 but have only very recently started listening to the CD's.

Sadly one of the discs has some scratches which I thought might have just been sound effects.

However I cleaned the disc with a micofibre cloth, played it again and the sounds continue even during the narration
      so I think it must be faulty.

I appreciate that I have had the set for a considderable time now but this is the first time of playing so
      am wondering if I can either get a replacement or refund please?

From a brief glance through current products selling onAmazon ot doesn't look as though this edition is still available
      but I culd be wrong.

Yours Faithfully,

Neil Dudley

Respond

Book Depositoryfailure to respond to emails about non-delivery of order

I have purchased a book and a set of Oracle Cards from them on July 10th, 2019 and they say it was dispatched on July 15th from UK. This order was a gift to my friend in Spain and it was to be posted there. Yes, the address is correct. Since start of August (today 7th ) I have been emailing them. No replies. I went to their FB page and sent a message today, there was a response and once I informed them about my complaint - dead. Nill. Nada. Nothing. Total silence. As Amazon aquired this company in 2011, I tried contacting them about this. They refuse.

Aug 05, 2019

The Book Depository (Star Track International, P O Box 6082 Chullora NSW Australia) — order ref: bdm-409-[protected] (items returned with packing slip for refund in april 2019)

I returned two books with packing slip to the above address, books were purchased last April and returned for...

Jul 19, 2019

The Book Depository — paid for three rare books

PAID for three rare books. BDM - 655 - [protected] 12 July 2019 Still no email confirmation regarding...

Book Depositoryordered book

Book Depository failed delivery and made wrong account refund and claimed that is nothing, they can do to correct it.
          They are irresponsible. Every email you sent get directed and replied by another/other persons. There is no accountability established and these people "lip serviced" agents and do whichever is least effort and convenient for they to act. The sequential response falls onto the next other person. So they don't care sincerely upon your compliant neither they r willing to do a proper response. Whatever that is easiest n less effort = that will be their response. Your complaint will go round and round till it died of natural death.

The Book Depositorybook depository

Have not received one of three books in the same order after more than one month. I keep getting templated responses from the email customer service that do not solve the issue and just looks like they want to prolong this until I forget about it. keeps telling me to check with my local post office (which they don't give any tracking number for), and they keep adding the amount of time I should be waiting. more than 1 month is already ridiculous!

The Book Depositorynever received the items

I ordered two doreen virtue card decks that I wanted to give as gifts. I have waited two weeks, when your website says they will arrive from and within Australia within 2-3 working days. Today, I have finally received one of the decks, but not the second one. and I have two emails stating that I have ordered and paid for two card decks and then received an email that I have ordered one. I have paid for two and I also have my crdit card statement. I have sent numerous emails and I am going to take action to consumer affairs and contact my bank if I do not receive and answer.
              BDU-127-[protected]

All I want is the other card deck I paid for or a refund on one of the decks $21.99

Respond

The Book Depositoryorder number bdg-360-[protected] (order date: 2nd march 2013 - quantitative methods and techniques for planning, c. wong - paperback

Customer Details
                Name: Jose Luis dos Santos Fernandes
                Email: fernandes.[protected]@gmail.com
                Order No.: BDG-360-[protected]
                Postcode: 3030-327 Coimbra, Portugal

Customer Query:

To Book Depository,
                Dear Sirs,

I have ordered the Quantitative Methods and Techniques for Planning, C. Wong - Paperback through Order number BDG-360-[protected] on the 2nd of March, 2013.

Since the Order BDG-360-[protected] has been placed on the 02-03-2013, year after year, or even less, I have asked Book Book Depository for the paperback I have ordered and paid for.

Almost 6 years have passed since I ordered and payed for the book, and I am most interested in asking C. Wong or Book Depository, for any special reason for such delay about not sending me the paperback?

I now complain against the Book Depository for not sending me the paperback I ordered and paid for it on 02-03-2013.

In order to justify all my insistence with the Book Depository, I attach many of the mails I have wrote and received from Book Depository, doing with the matter.
                But still until now, no Quantitative Methods and Techniques for Planning, C. Wong - Paperback ordered by Number BDG-360-[protected] on the 2nd March 2013 has been sent to me.

So, once more I ask the Book Depository to please be gentle and good enough to send me the "Quantitative Methods and Techniques for Planning By (author) C. Wong - Paperback", that I Ordered and payed for on the 2nd March 2013, once it has been republished on 2/4/2019, or even any other time before this date.

After waiting and asking the Book Depository for along 6 years, why are you always saying that the item has been delayed at the publishers, while at this moment I still can find out in the internet, lots of information about the above referred Paperback, such as:

*Book Depository*

Format: Hardback
                Published: 04/02/2019
                Availability: Available
                List Price: £60.00

Now, 6 years after I have ordered and paid for the Paperback (the real great value at the time), I can't see any reason or good justification for not having it from the Book Depository.

Thankfully, with my Best Regards,
                Jose Luis dos Santos Fernandes

I attach the mails I have wrote and received from Book Depository along 6 years, all converted in .jpg:

Respond

The Book Depositoryincorrect item - order reference order number-789-[protected]

Customer Details

Name: Manpreet Kaur

Email: [protected]@hotmail.com

Order No.: Order number BDU-789-[protected]

Postcode: 1473

I got my my order however one of the book which i needed urgently is missing from the shipment .i have ordered book -Matching Supply with demand - An introduction to operations Management however your team sent me a book with name - Curing & Smoking by Steven Lamb.

I contacted team and inform. same instead of resolving this issue they response so unwilling to help .I told situation that have my classes from next week need book urgently however answer is cant do much . This is not customer oriented behavior .

Respond

The Book Depositoryshare me any docs to prove you sent out

no actions to help customer.
                    if you lost big money for website that you ever trust. what will you do?

waiting for deck more than 30 days (as website shown 7-10 days)
                    when I asked, answer is "check the local post office"
                    already checked for many times till post officer complained and looked down me why don't know tracking no.needed to follow the parcel.
                    when I sent mail back to "bookdepository" told me repeat, check local post office and address. Are you deaf or blind? I told you ten times tracking no.!!!

share me any docs to prove you sent out

The Book Depositorynon-delivery of books

I am a regular customer of Book Depository. I normally get very good service here but three books relating to the Maigret series were not delivered.
                      I inquired as to why the books had not arrived and found out that the address was incorrect.
                      I was then given a screen shot of the address but having bought many books from this webiste and all of them to the same address it seems strange that there should be any discrepancy about my address
                      I am still waiting for the books

The Book Depositorytwo books never arrived

It is this Book Depository
                        they sell books they never deliver
                        I ordered two small books, never arrived!!

If there is anyone who can help or look at this false kind of trade!!
                        dr Elham Khalil
                        Langestraat 20- B
                        Netherlands

Free delivery worldwide

Your order is on its way

Order number: BDU-190-[protected] Order date: 9th April 2019
                        Hi Elham Khalil,

We're pleased to let you know that your order is winging its way to you, and is due for delivery according to the times below.

Shipping address:
                        Noord Holland
                        1211 GZ
                        Netherlands

Order details Qty Item price Total
                        Etched in Stone: Archeological Discoveries That Prove the Bible Etched in Stone: Archeological Discoveries That Prove the Bible (Paperback)
                        By (author) Lisette Bassett-Brody, Foreword by Lon Solomon
                        Available - dispatched from the UK in 6 business days 2 £10.69 £21.38

Book Depository Customer Service Team

The Book Depositorybooks never arrived

I ordered X 3 university books on the 20/02. The first order never arrived so they were resent approximately around 8 March. Two of the books have now arrived and not the third. I am now 6 weeks into my semester and my last textbook has never shown up. When I complained over email, they just keep offering to repost but this will be the third time and they are not offering fast post so I could be waiting up to another ten days. These books were ordered nearly two months ago.

Apr 04, 2019

The Book Depository — urgent - order bdu-657-[protected]

Dear Book Depository, Please help. I sent inquiry to [protected]@support.bookdepository.com regarding below order...

The Book Depositorylate publication and refund which is lost

Elaine Chan
                            Order number BDU-882-[protected]

I bought book in Nov 2015 which was waiting publication. Since it has been 3.5 years, I asked for cancellation and refund.

I did not receive my refund. They could not even tell me the details of my credit card. Considering it has been 3.5 years and I have cancelled some of my credit cards, it is not unreasonable.

Nope...the answer I get from 2 officers is that refund has been made. Therefore, it is now my problem. No book, no refund. Just my loss.

3.5 years with no updates when it will be published then a refund which was made without checking if I still hold the credit card.

What should have been done is for Book Depository to check with me - we will make the refund to Visa/master credit card end XXXX. Do you still have the ccredit card?

It is disappointing!

Mar 11, 2019

The Book Depository — Robotic replies from cs on their book order cancellation

To: Mr Steve James Please look into the matter that requires your favorable response to resolve...

Feb 14, 2019

The Book Depository — ordering and price drops

So I trusted these guys... big mistake, I set up an email alert for a product which duly they alerted me when...

Feb 02, 2019

The Book Depository — my book ordered in 2018 hasn’t received yet!

Dear person-in-charge I have ordered book from your company on 10Dec18, it was dispatched on 12Dec18. I...