TerminixPathetic customer service and fraud

For background, I signed up Terminix service on 08/29 through James (Contact#[protected]). He came to our community and signed-up around 15 people. I happen to be there at my neighbor and signed almost at sunset time. He was in hurry and signed in rush giving the conception that its $80 per year (whereas HomeTeam is $240), so it was no brainer for me to make that call.

The first few concerns I had with Terminix was that I received multiple statements with my first and last name screwed up differently on different statements. And sometimes even the street address is different; I guess postman somehow delivering looking at my name. I sent email on 09/16 for which I don’t have response until today.

I paid my first bill for $80 presuming yearly payment. Lately, when I got my second bill for $80 I spoke to my neighbors. At least few of them cancelled and got the bill waived. One of my friends who lives on same street was with same conception and paid only $20 and disconnected the service.

So far, I spoke to Terminix (incoming) around 20-25 times and every time I mentioned my concerns, but I find the customer service hard to understand both ways. And worst thing is that I get call but no one responds and sometimes it’s hard to understand their English. However, there was one time I spoke to lady where I clear explained for half hour or so and I mentioned about the weird statements I get and the call drop-offs. And she took it up carefully and mentioned that second bill for $80 will be waived, however for first bill she can’t give refund unless she gets approval. I was supposed to get call back which I didn’t until date from that person.

The last I made is on 04/28, that’s when I see notice from collection which took me on surprise despite several calls with Terminix. Today, I spoke to Cimir, Trevor and Linda. None of them were service managers and weren’t in favor. The worst part is that the notes didn’t capture the information I spoke to the lady last time where the fee is waived. However, they said John Henkil (service manager) declined, not sure where he came from as I doubt he heard me and my concerns. Having said that, at the end of the call I clearly got consent from Linda that I can go ahead to seek attorney and post the facts on social websites.

In the end, I ignored the credit of $40 (whereas my neighbor paid only $20). And now, if I am still being insisted to pay another $80, I am not ready for it. I would rather seek my other channels despite all pain I had with Terminix. If you are looking at only my opinion, then please feel free to look into details of customers withdrawn from Terminix.

• Eb
    Ebrad May 28, 2011

This company is a rip off, they will send a bill for an unscheduled
    appointments and which they sprayed the outside of my house only, because no one was at home. I will never use this company again nor reccomend this company to anyone

• Mr
    MrG Jun 16, 2011

Has anyone noticed that the annual cost for Terminix's Termite protection plan has more than doubled since the year 2000?

The average annual increase over that perod has been 7.76%. Compare that to the rate of inflation and you will know why the Big T is so profitable.