Tata Skyvery very poor customer service!

K

I have shifted my residence and I sent a fax three days back to tata sky requesting for reinstallation of dish at my new residence. But till now no one has turned up, they even not bothered to call me at least. I have called their ### call center thrice, they keep on telling "you will get a call from Bangalore office to fix up an appointment". But nothing happened so far. I have never seen this kind of ridiculous customer care. This is really bull s**t.

• Kr
    Krupa Ravindran Jun 09, 2016

I HAD TAKEN A MULTI CONNECTION SET UP, TATA SKY SENT SOME TECHNICIAN HOME, THIS PERSON INTALLED 2 HD BOXES AND TOOK RS6240 FROM US, BUT HE ACTIVATED ONLY 1 BOX.
    wHENEVER I CALL THE SUPPORT THEY SAY THE OTHER BOX IS IN PENDING STATUS, THEY DONT HAVE THE DETAILS OF THE TECHNICIAN WHOM THEY SENT WHOM.
    The technician has ran away with my money.
    The worst customer care support from tata sky and sending fraud technicians home.
    No ethics on how to behave with the customer

Manju Kumari Kashyap Jun 03, 2016

Most humbly and Respectfully, I wish to inform
    you that on my Tata sky
    subscriber id [protected]. I am frequently facing Picture frizzing
    problem, poor/dull picture quality, indicator issue in set top box,
    low signal and strength quality also from more that 50 days and from
    20 June, 2014 facing screen blue issue and still persisting. I am
    unable to watch television from 20 June, 2014. Few Tata sky work order
    number is - DS0DQ99, DETOPB3, DLSIOLW, and DMLPE6N.

On the other hand I also want to draw your kind attention towards Tata
    sky Installer Behavior and service center manager behavior with me. On
    22 Jan, 2013 Tata sky service center manager behaved very cheaply and
    giving me threatening at that time in bad manners. On 1st Feb, 2014
    Tata sky disconnected my connection without any notification for 2-3 days.
    On 26 Feb, 2014 your installer named Ganesh Baraik behaved rudely and
    says abusive language to me. On dated 11 June, 2014 Tata sky installer
    named Gauri Shankar told me that we simply rectified your issue but you
    have informed higher authority of Tata sky. On 1st Feb, 2014 Tata sky
    disconnected my connection without any notification for 3 days. Regarding
    all these issue I have also informed timely to Tata sky service In-charge
    named (Mr.Janardan) in Ranch, Jharkhand but no improvement and as it is
    still persist.

On 19 June, 2014 I got a call at Tata sky end from [protected] and
    told me that we will charge Rs.150 for visit and your set box will not
    covered warranty but sir my Tata sky connection is in annual service
    commitment and on Tata sky official site very clearly mentioned that
    set top box will cover in ASC and no visit charges also. This is
    clearly showing that Tata sky is not following his policy and making
    full to public.

These all clearly showing that how Tata sky services is extremely
    cheap and worst. Field executive officer of Tata sky behavior is worst
    whose name is mentioned above.

Therefore, I kindly request you to take extremely against M/s Tata Sky
    Ltd. and provide me compensation of Rs.1500 for all such activates,
    Mental Harassment which happened with me and refund of whole Tata sky
    connection including subscription. For this I will be highly great
    full to you from bottom of my Heart.

Thank You.

• Ab
    Abhijeet Thorat Jun 03, 2016

My Subscriber Id no is - [protected]. I have made repetitive installation requests however there is one standard scripted reply stating that there is a local cable operator issue and the installation will be done in 8 days. This is a standard reply I am getting for last month for the Subscription taken in month of September. Unfortunately whenever you call TATA Sky Customer Service desk the call automatically gets disconnected with 5 minutes stating "Maximum Call Duration reached". I have spoken to almost all Supervisors but none of them have been able to provide any support. Need help.

• Vi
    Vivek Hanchate Mar 14, 2016

New Tata sky comedy channel no 102 is bull ###, who is running this channel total waste of time watching this channel, I actually added it assuming it may be gud but no use not proper characters, programs comedy scenes are totally waste so irritating .. Please stop this channel and maintain your reputation Tata sky was better before. STOP 102 channel or else improve it .

• Gi
    Girish Bhalla Feb 16, 2016

I also have a Tata Sky connection for my TV, and I have connected the chassis of the TV set top box to the mains earthing through a 500mA glass fuse in it, s fuse holder and I do not have any problem with the TV reception. You can try this at home or better by telling an electrician to do it. Rest I reccomend the Tata Sky group to put a 47-100pf(250volts) ceramic capacitor from the signal ground to chassis ground(mains earth), the ceramic capacitor passes all the RF noise and leakage currents to the ground. Girish Bhalla, New Delhi, India.

• Fa
    fazalali Feb 15, 2016

Bad service, Please dont go it, i paid money online thursday and its monday am still waiting for installation, they charge for their calls and i have lost more than Rs 400 for calling them, their response is bad

• Gr
    gracy kannan Dec 06, 2015

I want to add telugu pack but first i want to register my phone numbther:[protected].with tatasky i call to custumer care but they dint give response to my quation the service was very very very bad.

• De
    Deep Gupta1 May 04, 2015

Very Bad Service Of TATA SKY. I am Shifted in PUNE. and call there CC but there CC call not connected. After two days it is connected and they told me that with 48 hours ur instalation will be done. But till now it is not done when i call there CC, it is not connected always one recorded message "UR call will be answred with in 2 Minutes.". I wait more than 1 hours but still that message come. Very bad service of TATA SKY. Now i am decided to change my DTH.

• Pa
    Parag Bhavsar Apr 10, 2015

Details
    No Signal .. No Service .. Tata sky fooling people by giving various committements .. that technical will call and location distributor will call and resolve your issue but they never. It has been around a week now they have not responded after calling to them 3 times a day .. they are not responding to anything nor giving committement and refunding advance subscript amount paid and amount paid for device .. If they are not capable of providing service and maintain all things required to provide service they should not even do this business. Why they are playing with customer ?? and taking and blocking their money ..

Tata Sky company is fooling customer. They are not willing to help customers any how. I have already paid 2 months advance payment plus device worth 2500/-. They should not carry on business if they can not provide service to customer .. They are just selling things to customer and fooling them .. I have talked several times to Call Centers - Malay/Valay and Sudam but they are just fooling people by saying that they will call you back or provide subscriber id to their senior for quick action or provide subscriber id to location technical .. nothing happening.. Customer care representative are not giving any commitment of resolving issue they are just saying that technician will call you and resolve your problem ..

This is very frustrating to customers and they are making people fool and frustrated .. They should be penalized for fooling peoples/customers .. otherwise they will not take lesson out of this ..

Parag Bhavsar ( [protected]) - [email protected]

• Ij
    ijupu73 Apr 06, 2015

No Kannada channels are coming since 5 days, even after calling continuously and complaining no action is taken for the subscriber id : [protected]

• Dr
    Dr.aradhya Apr 03, 2015

I am using TATA sky for last one year. earlier I had Reliance BIG TV which was working fine set top box had problem and even after 2 days as promised BIGTV people did not come to check the issue. I decided to shift and bought TATA sky because of the reputation (good will) in other business TATA has thinking TATAs are not like Reliance. Now I realize Reliance BIG TV is better than the TATA sky. since last one month often the TATA Sky is not working. complaints raised no response no one is bothered to give us the status of the lodged compliant. complaint no.SR1203151310247. at home all are fed up and I am unable to concentrate on my work due to family members frustration. I want to disconnect TATAsky and decided to use local cable operators set-top box which is better though should compromise on quality atleast can have peace of mind...(an upset TATA Sky customer)

• Kh
    khare Jan 08, 2015

I want to discontinue TATA sky services. My id no- [protected]. with immediate effect.
    Thanks..

• Si
    siva121 Jul 12, 2014

My subscriber no is [protected]. I have been using basic super value pack for the past 3 years and suddenly it has been changed to supreme sports kids channel without my knowledge. The regional language subscribed to me is kanada whereas I want Tamil. When i enquired the center they are telling the rule says they cannot change it for 30 days. Do you want me to remain without tv for 30 days.What is the solution for this?

• La
    lalitP Jun 10, 2014

You must try other sources of contacting Tata Sky to ensure your work gets done. You can address your complaint to tata sky’s official handle @tatasky. They will arrange for a callback and assist you accordingly or you can contact Tata Sky customer service. They are quite prompt in their reply and will help you out. It is more effective way of getting your work done. You can write to them at [email protected] or call their Toll Free Number at [protected]. The best part is it is available 24X7. I am sure they will look into your matter and resolve your issue.

• Rv
    Rvedi Jun 06, 2014

We have been really harasses by the customer care from Tata sky. Have taken a year membership and the account is deactivated since so many days. On calling the customer care they have the power to say "if you want switch to some other subscriber". It is a really horrible experience and is the second time in 2 months. If you still have some decency left, please call back and resolve the issue. Subscriber id - [protected] *The worst service ever*

• De
    DeepakM Nov 22, 2013

Hi,

I have been a Tata sky customer for the past 2years and my customer id is [protected]. I recharge every month with an amount of Rs 700.. I was happy with the services of Tatasky uptil now and now the treatment and the sheer ignorance of your call center is disappointing.

I have an HD connection & a standard connection. In the month of Aug 13 the Standard set top box stopped working & so the representative came home & he changed the box & a charge of Rs 500 was levied to me. Was ok to pay that time. Infact paid. But no T&C were informed to me that it has only one month warranty & if the set top box again stops working, again I will have to pay.

Last month again the same issue occurred & the set top box stopped working. When I called the helpline to complain about this, the call center executive named Priyanka was not at all helpful and bluntly told me that if the same is not working & if it is replaced the charges will be levied again. I explained the entire scenario to her but she was on her word that “sir the charges will be payable. I denied to pay for the same.

Then the next day I receive a call from TATASKY asking about the problem faced by me. Again I had to repeat the same thing. This has happened over & over again that I have to repeat the entire scenario to each n every executive on the Helpline & the person calling from TATASKY.

Don’t you guys have a history of the customer or what??? I asked for a Nodal officer’s number but no response on that number as well. I am not getting any help from tatasky. This is the worst service I have got from a service provider like tatasky. I have called again on the customer care a team leader named Arvind promised me that he will get my issue resolved he told me that will get the set top box without any charge & if the same is charged the amount will be reversed. Also got a call from Tatasky a lady on call confirmed to me that once I recharge my account the amount will be deducted & to call the customer care & the same will be reversed back. Now when I call I am not getting proper resolution & everyone is repeating the same thing that I have to pay for the charges.

The set box which was replaced again had a problem & this your technician Ajay had visited on last Saturday & he checked & he told me he will get it replaced with another one which he had. That set to box also had a fault & he did not replace. On Tuesday again a technician named Sartaj who was so RUDE on call came & he said there is no issue & he left from there.

I request you now, NO I DEMAND you guys to look into this and reverse my charges urgently because you can’t fleece people like this for a blunder which you guys have made . I WONT BE PAYING THIS CHARGE DEMAND THAT MY CHARGES GET REVERSED OR ELSE ILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO SWITCH TO ANOTHER PROVIDER.

• C0
    c'kanth Nov 16, 2013

I too faced same problem. They just created a work order, and there is nobody to actually come & do the work. They are openly saying that they cant confirm a date & time for installation @ new premises. Do they expect us to wait 24/7 @ our homes.

I didn't know that there isn't any escalation matrix also.

• Go
    Golay Roshan Oct 14, 2013

Tata sky is become baggy of the worse customer care centre. Please check my Job No [protected] date 11 Oct, 12 Oct, 13 Oct and 14th Oct. Customer care centre is simply giving false commitment not able to assign job in time. Only they can do .re take the complain and give again false commitment. This is ridiculous. Any higher authorized person is alive?

Prasad S g Sep 20, 2013

Fraud tata sky : the channel mentioned in the broucher are missing

• Hu
    huzaffa Sep 07, 2013

Tata Sky is fraud. My subscriber id [protected] I had issues with the connection in Jul'2013 and no one attended to resolve the issue. There was lot of escalation done but of no help. They gave multiple connections from my disk TV which was not right second there was a balance of more than 2K in my account which they said they cannot refund. Today i got a call from them saving that my connection was still live and the balance was just INR1400 how can this happen since i had already got new connection on 03 Aug for Videocon Dish TV and had requested them to disconnect my connection in July itself.

• Ra
    Ramaniyam Feb 10, 2012

Tata Sky has just stopped 2 more Malayalam Channels. When you call them up all of them give irresponsible answers. Worst service. I am just waiting for my subscription period to be over. They said they cannot refund the money. Never, Never subscribe to TATA SKY dth services.

• Um
    umakant katlawar Oct 20, 2011

from 6 days costormer care and servise enginees giving me a rong information for relocation timing and not attending yet the tata sky servise providing department is very poor and not fulfill their commentments.
    umakant katlawar.

Sandeep Sule Aug 29, 2011

I have booked online TATA SKY connection & received shocking service, even after repeated followups they did not complete installation even after 8 days. People are very Arogant, & customer service no. is useless.

mayankbajpai Aug 18, 2011

respected sir, this ISto inform you that i have pur chase two set up box with the name of KALPANABAJPAI MY I.D ----NUMBER IS-[protected]-DATED-31-12-2007.WE WERE WACTHING TATA SKY .BUT NOW WE ARE FACING PROBLEM TO CONTINEU THE TWO SET UP BOX .THATS WHY WE HAVE STOP WACTHING IT, IT IS MY PERSONNEL REQUEST TO SEPRATE THE ID NUMBER.WE TALKED SO MANY TIMES TATA SKY EXECUTIVE, BUT NO BODY REPLY IT.
    REGARDS KALPANABAJPAI
    #[protected]
    [email protected]
    I, D. [protected]

charu Aggarwal Jul 11, 2011

I have lodged my complaint for not receving signals. I was ensured that engineers would come next day. Today 4 days have lapsed but i have not received any respond except one fake call. I have tried the number 100 times from where i got call but now none is picking my phone. The tatasky service is worst. when we delay even for a day in making payment they disconnect our network then dont you think we should also deduct their money for the days we dont get their services.

• Ro
    robin saxena Jun 25, 2011

Tata sky is one of the worst service provider in the country, they were relying on the advertisement by the bollywood stars as it was one of the poor customer care service they were having, lets us see till what time they will survive in the country like india - robin saxena, national vice president, media( B.J.P), Sports cell

prabhaakar pt Jun 20, 2011

i had reqeusted for relocation of tata sky connection as i was transferred from goa to mumbai
    GAve reqeust on 12.06.2011. It was promised that it will done in 72 hours.
    But today is 20.06.2011. No engineer visited.

• Ti
    timonline Apr 26, 2011

Tata sky is horrible! They dont even have a complaints link on their website. No email ID for support/complaints. Only call center to increase ur agony. If u have proper reception, thank ur stars. If u hav a problem, be ready to throw it out. It will cause less heart ache...

• Ar
    Arnab Bag Apr 07, 2011

Extremely poor service regarding communication & new Tatasky installation!!! I have appiled for new tatasky connection through online paying all the required money. The site saying that the installation will be done within 3-5 days. 31st of March I've applied for the same & today is 7th April; 7 days gone. No one even contacted me for a single time for this installation. Even through out this 7 days, everyday I called to customer care requesting & complaing about the same but no response I got. Every time the customer care representaive said that we'll contact you within 2 hours & do the installation very soon within a day but, just leave about the installation, no one even called me for a single time. I just beome mad by requesting & complaining again & again but still not a single response from their side. I don;t know when they will contact me & when they will set-up everything. I am tooooooooooooooooo much disapointed. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Manish Shukla Mar 29, 2011

Very poor service after fixing a appointment with the customer they do not come really big shame on TATA for making such companies
    Think first before buying it

• Ra
    ravi3103 Mar 10, 2011

I am ready to pay more for better services. We have always been a loyal TATA customer but due to the deteriorating standards of customer service, disconnected the services.
    The tata sky set top box was not working and when we contacted the call center, the gave the time limit of 24 to 48 hours for rectification.
    caleed 5 times after 48 hours, the rep. rudely said that if we dont want the product, then get the services disconnected.
    Pity TATA for such a S#i++y customer service.

• Pa
    payalk Mar 05, 2011

I have been having a problem with the VoD service in my tatasky plus. In one tatasky plus the VoD shows a lot of movies and series like Comedy and Animation but in the secondary tatasky plus it is only showing the movies and not the series etc.
    I had made a call to the customer care on 03-03-2011 night regarding this problem. The person I spoke to informed that the issue will be resolved in an hour but it was not the case.
    Yesterday [protected]) I again called up the customer care and gave all the details with the Digicomp number to the customer care executive. However, after speaking to him for 10 minutes about the issue, he still had no idea about the VoD service provided by Tatasky and finally transferred my call to the supervisor Mr. Vinod. As he was trying to help me the call got disconnected. I again called back and asked the customer care executive to transfer the phone to Mr. Vinod. As I was on hold the call again got disconnected so I called back again.
    This time my call was received by Mr. Vansi Krishna (Call reference: 1-[protected]). Firstly, when I asked to transfer the call to Mr. Vinod he simply refused to do so and asked me about the problem. I first confirmed with him whether he is aware of the VoD service or not and he said that he is. But then he did not know about it at all still he refused to transfer the call to someone who is aware of it and asked me to tell him the problem again. I had to again go through the entire drill of explaining the problem to him. Finally after trying for some time when it was clear that he did not afterall know about this, he said that he will transfer the call to the supervisor. When I asked him to do this, he said it will take some time. I was ready to wait so he transferred the call. I was on hold for a good 10 minutes when Mr. Krishna came back on the line and informed me that all the seniors are busy and that he will arrange a call back for me.
    I don’t understand why the people treat customers so badly? When someone has a problem and has clearly called so many times to resolve the issue, instead of helping them these people are harassing them. Firstly, the customer care executives are not aware of the services yet they insist on knowing the problem and ultimately don’t help at all. This is becoming a common thing with tatasky and it is disappointing. I don’t trust their customer care service anymore.

• Ky
    Kyaahai Mar 02, 2011

I chose Tata Sky because I felt that they would be better service but this is the most disorganized and unprofessional service that I have ever experienced! Twice service engineers called me to say they are coming at times other than the one I requested and when I called at the appointed time they gave me, they said "it's not me, someone else will come." Finally I tracked down the service engineer who was really supposed to come - he made me wait 4 hours despite my repeated calls. And then he arrived with two guys who have been over-inquisitive and rude. When I said that my DVD player should be moved out of the way, one of them actually joked that it's not a problem as any damage will be covered by the warranty! I am aghast at this level of apathy and indifference - don't consumers get any respect?! If Tata Sky is serious about this market, they need to get their service system overhauled or else pay the price when the market shifts towards other operators with decent service.

• Wa
    Was Tatasky member Feb 28, 2011

Tatasky having bogus customer service people. They will take the complain and to execute that complain they will take 10, 20 and more than one month time also. I am having bitter experience within this 3 year service period. I have shifted my house from Whitefiled-Bangalore to Marathalli- Bangalore. I have given a request on 18th- feb-2011 of shifting my home. And i have given a strict notice that, if they are not going to restore the tatasy service within 5 days then i am going to change the DTH connection. So finally i have changed to Videocon D2H. on 28th-Feb tatasky people rang me for re installation.

Guys who are newly purchasing a TATASKY please be careful. TATASKY people are Adamant, idiots and irresponsible. They are thinking as if you are the slave after buying a D2H connection. So decision is urs, please be careful while purchasing tatasky.

prem narula Feb 21, 2011

I agree that Tatasky has failed to provide service to its customer. For the faults of their engineers tatasky penalises its customers by charging fee for restoring the service. I have decided to kick it and go for alternative. Tatasky customer care provides lip service and not actual service. The employees of custmer care agree to my point of view but they express their helplessness to render proper service. Now whenever I get call I simply tell them when you are in not in position to reply my questions/solve the problem then why you waist time. I have already sounded many prospective customer to restrain from installing tatasky. In f act I wanted to move against tatasky in consumer court but due to time & other constraints I have not filed case so far. [email protected]

• Sh
    SH.VINOD SHARMA Feb 12, 2011

I RECHARGE MY ACCOUNT ON 2-2-11 OF RUPEES 500 BY EPRSA1120125518935677 AND GOT MESSAGE OF RECHARGING ON 3-2-11 WITH ACCOUNT BALANCE 664.97 IN MY ACCOUNT BUT A MESSAGE ON 3-2-11 THAT RECHARGE PIN ALREADY USED I CONTACT ON YOUR HELP LINE AND YOUR ATTENDED ON 11-2-11 LISTENING MY MATTER SAID THAT WE WILL CALL YOU BACK BUT NO CALL TO ME I AGAIN CALL TO HELP LINE ON 12-2-11 WITH SAME MATTER AGAIN ANSWER WAS THAT WE WILL CALL BACK PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TOWARDS THIS MATTER OTHER WISE I WILL GO TO CONSUMER COURT WITOUT FURTHER DELAY.

chander bhushan Feb 06, 2011

Sir,
    Simply tahe worst, rotten and garbage type of service from TATA SKY whatever the people have written about it above is totally agreeable. I have not seen such a service of customers anywhere. The advertisement goes like this Isko laga dala to life jhingalala. It should have been Isko laga dala to life me problem le dala. People at customer care do not listen and they just p;ay deaf ears to all, what the customer say. These customer care centre of all the big companies should be abovlished at once, because really speaking they do not care of the customer. No use of customer care. If one buy a product the company should take care of his/her product but they just do not take care. Just a [censor] service, not to speak of Tata sky every big company is doing this except a few of them which are taking good care of the customer. I want that customer care should be abolished if one is willing to take the company to new heights he will really take good care of the customers but if he wants that the company should sink, than only customer care centres are opened. I do not find them justifed, nor are they fullfilling their promises. Just to sit and earn without taking good care of customer it is fine otherwise I do not see any reason of their existence. Rata Tata knows much if he wants to give salary without work it is fine, rest is upto him and the company. I have purchased the set top box but I am still in want of demo. Already one week have passed. Request have been registered but of no use. Waiting for the engineer to arrive till date.
    J.L.Pandit
    Mob.[protected].

• Da
    Dashrath Sahu Jan 11, 2011

Tata Sky 10 set up box(digicom) with one Disc Rereiver point, I have lodge the compaint vide [protected] on 2/01/2010, 1-[protected] on 5/01/2011 and last reminder on 06/01/2011 vide complaint no 1-[protected] for signal not receiving for all the set up box still the problems not solved.
    Its really very very poor quality of services.

• Mr
    Mr. jai singh baisoya Dec 30, 2010

FROM - MR. JAI SINGH
    SUBJECT - VERY CHEAP AND AWFUL SERVICE

Sir,
    I have taken your tata sky connection from the last 2.5 yrs. It has given me problems for more than 3 times & this is the 4th time. I have called up your customer care 3 times i told my problem to them that my digicomp is not recieving signal for that they told me check if your digicomp is well connected to you dish, check that, check this & so on. They said that they will give me a callback into next 30min but they had never given me a callback. they waste our time, our call & so our money. my digicomp is not receiving signal for the last 4 days. NOT ONLY THIS! - they also said that they will send their mechanic ( as u say them engeenier ) at 2:00 pm today but it's now 2:35 pm and they had not given a callback or message yet. at last, i say that your service is awful & i will advice people that never buy this connection of TATA SKY!!! if they ask me.

mahendra jain Oct 16, 2010

Dear sir,

I am unsatisfied with your service.The picture quality is good compare to cable.so we have purchased Three Tata sky.But cost is more compare to cable for each and every channel we have to pay and in cable we are getting all the channel for less cost.the customer executive have no proper way of speaking they don't take any interest to speak and the call rate is also applicable.If you make this problems solved we will be happy.Other people also will take Tata sky.Otherwise we have to disconnect and take cable connections for all the three.
    I think this message should Reach to MR TATA.