Tata Skyvery very poor customer service!

I have shifted my residence and I sent a fax three days back to tata sky requesting for reinstallation of dish at my new residence. But till now no one has turned up, they even not bothered to call me at least. I have called their ### call center thrice, they keep on telling "you will get a call from Bangalore office to fix up an appointment". But nothing happened so far. I have never seen this kind of ridiculous customer care. This is really bull s**t.

Max Apr 12, 2007

I've tata sky myself, my neighbors on my insistence took Tata Sky, but suddenly after using it 4 a few days they decided to change the location of the dish, since there were trees which would eventually grow & affect the signal for the dish. they called up tata sky, they got a call back on that particular day, the appointment was fixed the next day. The next day the mechanic called our neighbors 1 hr before coming, & they came right on time, & changed the location of the dish without any hesitation. They were happy!

• Ve
    Venkatesh Apr 15, 2007

I am located at Bangalore.I ordered a Tata sky connection and the customer service engineer called to say he would come the next day at 11 a.m to install the equipment. We waited till 3 p.m the next day but he did not turn up. We went out in the evening and when we were back we found a note saying the engineer from Tata Sky had missed us . He arrived at 4.45 p.m for a 11 a.m appointment time. This is depths to which the service has fallen .The service engineer does not even bother to call and inform you.I spent a good 30 minutes trying to reach their helpdesk which is hopeless(I spent 5 minutes trying to reach someone;they put me on hold several times and disconnected me.I had to repeat the whole process of connecting back in and repeating my complaint.) They told me it would take another 72 hours before they could install it. This, for no fault of mine.When i protested and asked to be connected to their superior they hung up on me. For such shoddy service, they should refund the Rs. 1000/- which they charge us as installation fees and pay us for the negligent service they offer us. It is shocking that this kind of service is offered by a reputed house like Tata's. Heaven help us!!

• Yo
    Yogiraj.T.C Apr 18, 2007

My remote control is under repair, complaint logged on 24.03.07 & almost daily followup is being made & till now i have not got my remote. Each time i call the customer care, nearly 2-3 officials speak with time gap of 5-10 minutes I have almost spent Rs 500-600/- for my call charges for past 20-25 days.

Customer care center is formed of all useless peoples with no powers at all. They are there just to trouble people out here.

This is the worst service I've ever seen!

• De
    Deepak Bahl Jun 22, 2007

I fully agree with you that tata sky is spoiling the reputation of the stable tata group including the image of the dynamic shri rattan tata. Being an ex employee of the tata group i simply feel disgusted that the customer care or the company dont even bother to acknowledge my sincere complaints leave alone solve them.

I pity the tata sky company who have chosen to just install but no service or customer care.

I only hope that this complaint reaches mr tata & his team at bombay house... Deepak Bahl

• Gi
    gireesh kp Jul 23, 2007

I am tata sky user but i not happy in service - no english movie channels in tatasky, but dish tv is good.

Vinod Kumar Goel Sep 09, 2007

We purchased 1+2 connection in mid July'07. It is not yet 6 weeks and one remote needed replacement, one set top box has gone bonkers for which tatas insist upon Rs. 300/- as service charge. Two other remotes behave whimsical, two other set top boxes often hang, their service team behaves like Hitler and We feel cheated.

Beware!

• Ka
    Kaustav Basak Sep 13, 2007

The service is of the worst quality and they are a bunch of liars. Last week I lodged a complaint regarding about not receiving the signal when it rains or even it starts to rain. Today when I called to enquire about my complaint , I was told that I have been given a call by the technical support team , but the fact is that I did not receive any call. I should have read all the blogs pertaining to the problems before I got hold of it, but I am stuck now......................................

• Ra
    Rajeev Muraleedharan Sep 27, 2007

I took a Tata sky pack last month, for my second recharging the toll free number was engaged always, the rest all numbers are not toll free and its so funny thing is that the IVR have lot of other things to tell u b4 it reaches the recharging option and if u r lucky u may get a chance to enter ur big prepaid secret number, most probably u have to wait there...

In short my experience last month was I had to call four times(each time waiting for n number of mints) spending 100 rs in my mobile to recharge a 300 rupee prepaid card... I was fed up of this... and I took a local cable connection.. From next month most probably I will use the dish to dry cloths in my terrace :). Expensive dryer, think once more before taking any of TATA services... Most of them are use for a month and throw away...

• Mp
    MP Sep 29, 2007

Anybody going for a new TATA SKY connection, get in touch to get 1 month free subscription.

[email protected]

Ashutosh Shende Oct 30, 2007

I have brought the TATA SKY connection on 13 th October by paying all the charges through credit card i.e (Digicomp+installation+activation+warranty) Total of Rs 3399 (2899+1000) but after 15 days my service was disconnected saying that i have to use the 16 digit number on recharge voucher given with the TATA SKY Package.

Firstly this has not been mentioned clearly anywhere on the TATA SKY website nor any customer care representative told me about this during purchase of TATA sky.

Secondly at the time of installation also engineer didn't handed over me the voucher which they say we have to use it for activation of TATA SKY service within 14 days of installation.

If I have paid all the amount in advance then why I need to have the recharge voucher again to activate my service.

• Pr
    Prabhu Nov 10, 2007

I have taken a TATA Sky on 1st Nov, For the past 9 days i am following up with the customer care for changing my pkg, very time i call th e Customer service they say we have registered your complaint and will call back... Nothing has happened so for... very worst customer service...

I never seen such a care less attitude of TATA of repute. Friends pl think before purchasing TATA sky...

• Pr
    Praveen Agrawal Dec 16, 2007

Everymonth for recharge I need to buy coupen as I can not pay online. It seems there is some problem in site itself. I am not able to register it page never open.

Vivek Jan 13, 2008

I've ordered for TAta sky connection 3 days ago.. No response what so ever by the TAta officials.

• Na
    Nandini Jan 19, 2008

Very poor Service

We had ordered for TATA sky about 10 days back and we are yet to get it installes. We have called up the customer care center atleast 15 times and not once have we been given a convincing answer. They dont even have proper escalation proceddures. There is no way you can escalate the issue to their superiors. You only end up talking to these representatives who do nothing apart from taking your calls.
    I never expected this kind of an attitude from a reputed company like TATA.

• Br
    Brijesh Agrawal Jan 22, 2008

I am located at aligarh (UP) and my subscriber ID is 100022678, and we have purchased a 500 rs. coupon srno 170902457404 on 15th January 2008 and charged thru my mobile which is registered in TATA sky, after register thru mobile we got the sucess retruned message sucessfully, but till date there is the negative balance in my account and flashing 'PAYMENT REMIDER' i.e. Rs. -26.00,

• La
    laxmikant Dharamsi Apr 12, 2008

I contacted TS for second connection as I have cable connection and my son who is residing with me has your connection at Eden Hall Dr A B Rd Worli Mumbai 400018.I specifically informed your representative that I have cabal connection but my wiring is conceal so if u send your representative to look and see weather it is possible for u to connect without breaking any of my fall ceiling and it was agreed but all of sudden box was sent to me and wanted money for the box without any knowledge of connection.

I request to send your representative to look and and then do the connection without breaking fall structure.

thanks

Laxmikant.

• Ab
    Abdul Jaleel Apr 20, 2008

i recharge my tata sky. but i couldnt show anything.what i do?

• Ra
    Raza Apr 22, 2008

You are right dear...

They providing Made in China Power adaptor N everybody knows about China make products quality. I was not lucky that it was work for long time. Tata is not able to maintain the stock of adaptor and now I am watching my black and white face in my TV.
    They will arrange IPL matches when They have adaptor in Tata Sky stock.

• Dr
    Dr.Vivek Jun 21, 2008

I am a tatasky customer with subscription id:1000390888.Iam using your services uninterruptedly since last 2 years.Recently, for the last 10 days, we are not able to see any channel as the transmission is recvd in broken pieces or with lot of disruptions.Ihave recharged for Rs. 13oo/- two days back but it is not displayed.Kindly help to rectify this grave problem at the earliest.
    Thanks.

• De
    Devashiah Nayyar Aug 13, 2008

we are having a group houcing project of 1400 flats at bhiwadi with name hill View garden. of Thren home Developer pvt ltd. we would like to invite you to share the project if u are int in putting the your system. respected officer who deals in projects can contact on my e mail id . as we are in touch with dish tv too we want to have a best deal witj your organisation too. so hope for the best. for future relations.

ashish Nov 02, 2008

Sub: - Feedback from Customer

Respected Sir,

Happy Diwali to you and your family.

I am living in Rajasthan and recently have become the subscriber of TATA Sky. Therefore I would like to give feedback on this.

Sir, the picture quality is really good than the cable we had earlier. But sorry to say that except this nothing is enough or at the level of satisfaction.

Let me explain it: -

I am all talking about the channels are being provided by the TATA SKY. You are providing India TV, Star Plus and some more channels (10+) in Rs.100/ month, which are not enough since new generation is not watching these channels only.

In terms of your another scheme of Rs.200/month, I would like to say that you are providing 50+ channels in Rs.200/month, but sir your kind attention is invited towards one fact that out of 50+ channels only 20-25 channels are watchable, mean to say that Sony, Max, (being watched by all age group people) Star One, Star Plus, Sahara, Zee TV, Zee News, Star News, Aaj Tak, (being watched by 20-50 above age group people) Disney, Toon Disney, Discovery Animal Planet, Star Gold, Utsav, Zee Cinema (being watched by 15-30 age group people) are watched every day by people, except these channels lots of regional channels (tamil, urdu panjabi, malyalam and some more 20-25 channels) are being provided, which are senseless (sorry to say), no sports channels, no English are being provided in that scheme, that is really shocked and now in global world is not expected from TATA.

Sir, regional channels (tamil, urdu panjabi, malyalam, bangla, napali doordarshan and some more 20-25 channels) were necessary to provide in earlier era but do u think that now a days people are interested watching these kinds of channels? My answer is no (on the basis of the views received by your customers). You have given maximum channels of these kinds, which make no sense.

Sir, lots of new channels have come now a days like colors, 9X, 9XM, bindas and many more but you have put these channels on irregular basis, people have to pay extra amount for this on month to month basis even after having the scheme of Rs.300/month. This is really shocking, maximum people between age group of 18-35 want to watch these channels (may be you are losing maximum customers from this age group).

The people who have bought tata sky could not watch these channels because of channels restrictions.

Sir, I would like to have your attention on one more fact, that in Rs.100/month Big TV and Digital TV are providing 170 channels with all the new channels, sports channels, no need to pay extra amount for colors, 9xm, bindas and lots of sports and English channels.

One more reality I would like to mention is that our cable TV provider is providing more than 70 channels (all new channels, no regional channels, all sports channels, all English Channels and local channels and every day one new film, one old song channel also) in Rs.150/month will you believe on this?, sir this is fact. All the people in our city and / or in Rajasthan are enjoying it, with good picture quality.

Respected sir, these all data have been collected by me (being an MBA student of Marketing field).

Sir, this is really unexpected from the reputed brand of TATA, which is distinguished as Good brand with great reputation in India & abroad as well.

But sir it is really painful to say that with this condition TATA Sky will not able to survive more, among its competitors.

Prayer / Request / Suggestion (if I May): -

Respect Sir, we (group of people have tata sky) were having lots of expectation while buying TATA Sky, but we are really not entertained by this or I may say by your product.

Lots of people now a days are ignoring buying tata sky and emphasizing on buying Big TV or Digital TV.

Respected Sir, I am not saying to reduce the price or high the price but saying for adding more channels so that people can be attracted to buy this product (atleast 9xm, colours, bindas, NDTV Imagine, AXN, star movies, tranz, star sports, neo sports channels, Start Cricket, ten sport) should be added as regular channels for having better amount of customers.

If you reduce the cost of schemes and add atleast above mentioned channels as regular channels, than it would be the positive steps towards having large amount of customers.

Please sir, do the needful so that your customers can enjoy it well and be loyal to your brand, for long.

With Regards,

On behalf your customers or subscribers.

tata sky is very good.

od17e

3d747

• Su
    Suresh Chand Nov 24, 2008

Hello Sir,

I am one of your customer having customer ID 1007660457.

My complaint is that from the last two weeks the channels having number 103, 105, 109, 111, 113, 115 & 117 are not coming properly to us as their is disturbance in picture quality and may times their is no sound, sometimes image gets blurred. This is a thechnical problem in your network as rest of the channels in our TV are running fine.

Hoping for the positive response from your side.

Thanks,
    Suresh Chand

• Za
    zawtunoo Dec 02, 2008

Hello Sir,

I am one of your customer having customer ID 1001664224.
    Why! my card number 0000 0325 3556 money problem. What is this problem.
    thanks for regard.

• Ze
    Zenia Jan 27, 2009

You must be aware that all your requests are queued. Why will Tata Sky people deliberately upset you. They want to retain you as customer. You need to understand that these things take time because of the volumes they handle. You will not get an INSTANT service from any other company be it Big TV or DISH TV. You need to be patient. Tata Sky people work hard to keep their customers happy however they too have constraints.

• Mr
    MridulaRao Apr 01, 2009

M infact happy with their responce time and how efficiently they handled my complaint.. i ahd troublr recharging and all had to do was leave a complaint online thru their site and they got back to me, fixed an appointment and done.. so i think they have done a very good job.

• Su
    sunny Apr 29, 2009

I took Tata Sky having a good faith in it. I should have read this board before subscribing Tata sky.
    I changed my base package to "super hit pack" online and that got activated after 4 hours on the same day.
    But now when I want that to be changed to "super value pack", they are taking it more than 48 hours.

What a poor kind of service is this !!!

I repeat the service is VERY VERY VERY POOR.
    If this is happening in a place like Pune.. then God bless other places !!!

Vikas Jun 02, 2009

Really astonished to see such poor customer service from TATA( a huge brand).I used IVRS for recharge for RS 1500, which is not reflecting, wheras my CC confirms me the usage of Rs1500.Their process inefficency should not move on to the customer as their agent told me to wait for 96 hrs, as according to hime this is a process issue.Pathetic services in totality from TATA Sky.

joealmighty Aug 13, 2009

Guess the service was good when they started but things are going bad now adays ...Do any one has a email id ..preferably a sr. executive email id which I can send a complaint...Customer service in India still has to take a huge hike...hope companies which work with direct consumers have concerns in improving it...

• Ak
    A K S Nov 18, 2009

Tata Sky Service Sucks. I had order the TATA SKY on 8th December 2009 they told I will receive a call in 24 hour for appointment and installation in 48 hour, but till today I am still waiting for there call and installation.

I was really upset with there low level of service and there disrespect of customer. I regret my decision to buy Tata sky. They should there name to TA TA for there customer.

• Ta
    Tata Sky Very hopelss Jun 21, 2010

Hi this is Veena Iyer and i have ordered for tata sky (my order no is 1-6932504585 registered in my hubby's name Mr Murli Iyer) and paid by credit on 18.6.10 and till now there is no response from them. They are so shameless that even after warning them that i will go to consumer court as they tell that they will install it in 4 hrs and now even after 3 days they are not taking any innitiative they are least bothered.
    I think that i made a big mistake of going ahead with them.
    And i even do not think that by even putting them in the net they are going to improve.
    Hope that others who want to install it become cautious and think twice before installing them as tata sky people are interested only in money and not with customer's satisfaction
    Hopeless response

Jaya B Jun 25, 2010

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

i Have complained about my not getting signal of Tata Sky connection on 23-6-10 . Customer care had asked my ID no. and while giving that number they immediately told that your setup box has got one year warranttee period and that is expired and after paying of 350 + visiting charges it will be OK. and hence you are not getting signal. I tried again and again for sending the service engineer but after lapse of three days there is no response and every time they says we are just sending engineer. We are working couple and could not get time to sit for the engineer in the house for whole day. Though my husband has also wasted two days leave but see their responce useless ...

Asish Oct 09, 2010

Totally agree ... Tata Sky is the worst service company in the world... they cheat on multiple counts...

1) They happily change their schemes from time to time without even notifying the customer and happily debit the amount from the consumer's account without even realising
    2) Their call center number is always engaged and when they do pick up the phone they will take approximately 4-5 minutes to say the first word.. (they probably have a very good deal with all telecom players to keep people on the phone for long)
    3) They install the most third-class equipment and will call it new set-top-box wich looks like it was made in a local car garage, then to make matters worse they will charge you for warranty and give u the world's shortest warranty period of 3 months
    4) Service gets even better ... they install old wires which they know will last for only like 4-5 months maximum so after 3 months more often than not the wires start wearing out ( i even suspect tata sky sends their executives/ engineers to tamper with wires since he blamed it on building work due to builder and my building was made like 8 years ago)
    5) They do not have the courtesy to have a toll free number for complaints since they know that they truly suck and would run in losses if they had to entertain such complaints.
    6) They even charge you the wonderful sum of Rs 350 for their engineer to show up at your doorstep and tell you that he cannot fix the set-top-box and we need to replace it ... again conveniently after just the warranty period of 3 months...

I WOULD SERIOUSLY RECOMMEND ANY OTHER DTH OPERATOR FOR LIFE BEFORE U GET STUCK WITH TATA SKY... they are a true insult to the so-called reputed "TATA" brand.

mahendra jain Oct 16, 2010

Dear sir,

I am unsatisfied with your service.The picture quality is good compare to cable.so we have purchased Three Tata sky.But cost is more compare to cable for each and every channel we have to pay and in cable we are getting all the channel for less cost.the customer executive have no proper way of speaking they don't take any interest to speak and the call rate is also applicable.If you make this problems solved we will be happy.Other people also will take Tata sky.Otherwise we have to disconnect and take cable connections for all the three.
    I think this message should Reach to MR TATA.

• Mr
    Mr. jai singh baisoya Dec 30, 2010

FROM - MR. JAI SINGH
    SUBJECT - VERY CHEAP AND AWFUL SERVICE

Sir,
    I have taken your tata sky connection from the last 2.5 yrs. It has given me problems for more than 3 times & this is the 4th time. I have called up your customer care 3 times i told my problem to them that my digicomp is not recieving signal for that they told me check if your digicomp is well connected to you dish, check that, check this & so on. They said that they will give me a callback into next 30min but they had never given me a callback. they waste our time, our call & so our money. my digicomp is not receiving signal for the last 4 days. NOT ONLY THIS! - they also said that they will send their mechanic ( as u say them engeenier ) at 2:00 pm today but it's now 2:35 pm and they had not given a callback or message yet. at last, i say that your service is awful & i will advice people that never buy this connection of TATA SKY!!! if they ask me.

• Da
    Dashrath Sahu Jan 11, 2011

Tata Sky 10 set up box(digicom) with one Disc Rereiver point, I have lodge the compaint vide 1-8752686 on 2/01/2010, 1-87830114171 on 5/01/2011 and last reminder on 06/01/2011 vide complaint no 1-879019229 for signal not receiving for all the set up box still the problems not solved.
    Its really very very poor quality of services.

chander bhushan Feb 06, 2011

Sir,
    Simply tahe worst, rotten and garbage type of service from TATA SKY whatever the people have written about it above is totally agreeable. I have not seen such a service of customers anywhere. The advertisement goes like this Isko laga dala to life jhingalala. It should have been Isko laga dala to life me problem le dala. People at customer care do not listen and they just p;ay deaf ears to all, what the customer say. These customer care centre of all the big companies should be abovlished at once, because really speaking they do not care of the customer. No use of customer care. If one buy a product the company should take care of his/her product but they just do not take care. Just a [censor] service, not to speak of Tata sky every big company is doing this except a few of them which are taking good care of the customer. I want that customer care should be abolished if one is willing to take the company to new heights he will really take good care of the customers but if he wants that the company should sink, than only customer care centres are opened. I do not find them justifed, nor are they fullfilling their promises. Just to sit and earn without taking good care of customer it is fine otherwise I do not see any reason of their existence. Rata Tata knows much if he wants to give salary without work it is fine, rest is upto him and the company. I have purchased the set top box but I am still in want of demo. Already one week have passed. Request have been registered but of no use. Waiting for the engineer to arrive till date.
    J.L.Pandit
    Mob.9871970301.

• Sh
    SH.VINOD SHARMA Feb 12, 2011

I RECHARGE MY ACCOUNT ON 2-2-11 OF RUPEES 500 BY EPRSA1120125518935677 AND GOT MESSAGE OF RECHARGING ON 3-2-11 WITH ACCOUNT BALANCE 664.97 IN MY ACCOUNT BUT A MESSAGE ON 3-2-11 THAT RECHARGE PIN ALREADY USED I CONTACT ON YOUR HELP LINE AND YOUR ATTENDED ON 11-2-11 LISTENING MY MATTER SAID THAT WE WILL CALL YOU BACK BUT NO CALL TO ME I AGAIN CALL TO HELP LINE ON 12-2-11 WITH SAME MATTER AGAIN ANSWER WAS THAT WE WILL CALL BACK PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TOWARDS THIS MATTER OTHER WISE I WILL GO TO CONSUMER COURT WITOUT FURTHER DELAY.