Menu
TasteBook
reviews & complaints

TasteBook
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

5 complaints
1 resolved 4 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of TasteBook. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
M
10:27 pm

TasteBook - Tastebook personal recipe book

I was under the assumption that my recipes would be safe in this Tastebook.com.

I had bought about 8 copies. Now that I need to but one for my daughter the site is gone. This was not even discussed that they were going out of business. It's all lost and I want my recipes back to say the least but actually what i signed up for was to purchase a book with my recipes.

Michelle Hester

Michelle's 3 decades of cooking

Desired outcome: I would like to purchase another couple of books

Hide full review
C
4:40 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

These people who are running Tastebook do not respect their users and followers! They changed their format without warning, there was nowhere told about that. And like many others I lost all my recipes. I was on Tastebook for two years and had tons of recipes there and now everything is gone. That's not the way a good company would treat its users! I'm very...

L
9:18 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I cannot understand why didn't Tastebook send out an announcement to it's subscribers warning them that they were shutting down! This is totally unprofessional for such well known company! I just tried to log in, but could not do that! I always thought that it would be digital and therefore safe, so I used this service for my recipes collection! And now I...

S
9:00 pm

TasteBook - Does not safeguard privacy

Beware of uploading any personal information to their site. My wife compiled a beautiful recipe book with several personal photos and family stories. The product itself was great, but despite setting her privacy settings to private, her photos and stories were some of the first hits when google searching her name. We contacted the website, and they said "Set the privacy settings to private". We told them we had, and they ignored us. A month later, no changes. We've deleted all our recipes and are warning our family to avoid them. Don't trust them with anything you consider private or personal.

2 comments
C
Aug 23, 2012 5:57 am

Horrible customer service. Tried to call them with no reply. Emailed them and got an email back two days later that did very little to answer my questions. It's a great Idea, and I was going to order four books, but if they can't even answer a few simple questions by returning phone calls or emails, I will spend my money elsewhere. Great idea, but the customer service is nothing short of horrible.

G
Aug 06, 2012 5:50 am

Horrible customer service, takes days to respond to emails/phone calls. Does not ship within specified time frame.

Hide full review
S
12:11 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have been trying to get the two cookbooks that I have ordered for over a month. They have ignored every phone call and email I have written and made for weeks. They finally did send one of the two books I paid for - then they resent the second to the first person. Honeslty - Im not even angry that its taken so long to get processed, I just would really...

TasteBook contacts