Targettv broke in 4 months

T

I'm a very upset costumer. I bought my first Trutech 19" thin LCD TV (MODEL#: PLV16190) November 2006 and it broke within 4 months. Since I didn't take my receipt to the store they exchanged it. However, I didn't use the TV and left it in the box at my mom’s while I was deployed. I recently returned in March 2006 and the TV stopped working last week and they will not replace or repair the TV. I told them the TV is still new and I just took it out the box a few months ago. Furthermore, this is the second TV in less than 2 years. I have never bought a TV that last only 4 - 6 months. I totally agree with all of the customers above “these TV's are JUNK" and Target is promoting JUNK.

Dissatisfied Customer,
Tonya Carr.

• I0
    i'm right is sooooo wrong Aug 14, 2009

You ought to be able to have some faith that people would not sell trashy electronics in their store. Target is at fault here not the customer who trusted them. Target SUCKS!! The world should know it. You suck too "i'm right". You obviously have a problem. Get therapy.

• I0
    i'm right Aug 13, 2009

You bought a trutech? Hahahaha, didn't you think that maybe something was up when it is soooo much cheaper than even the memerex? Honestly, do some research before making a purchase.

• Rl
    RLM Sep 03, 2008

i work at a target and in case anyone doesn't know trutech is just another name for "target brand". trutech electronics are the worst electronics ever made next to pelican video game equipment. what people don't know about trutech is that these are electronics that have already been used before much like the pelican video game equipment. the items are recycled over and over. defective items are returned to the company which repairs them and then puts them right back into the stores. in the past trutech went by another name, i can't remember at this moment what that name was but they were also faulty electronics. the first trutech item i bought was a vcr, this was years and years ago when it was under the old brand name. within 3 months the vcr started to eat my tapes and it wouldn't play after a while. when they switched names to trutech i bought a tv with a dvd combo. the dvd player messed up first and wouldn't play anymore. the tv itself followed a couple of months later. i ended up buying a regular tv from trutech later on and that one lasted only 5 months.

so a warning to folks who shop at target, don't buy "trutech" electronics. these items are faulty and defective right from the start and with target's return policy, well it's practically a trap.

• To