Swinton Insurancesilent calls

S

At the beginning of September, I received an unsolicited phone call from Swinton Insurance on my mobile phone. As I was at work at the time, I was unable to take the call and asked if they could call back at lunch time around 1pm. When the call came through unfortunately I didn't hear my phone ring as it was in my drawer and I missed the call. In the last 2 weeks, I have received a further six calls to my mobile phone and several more to my home phone where the caller has disconnected as soon as I pick up and say hello.

Swinton have used several different numbers to call: [protected]; [protected]; [protected]; I have never requested a call from Swinton and it is extremely unfair of them to harass me in this way.

• Sp
    Sphinxy Jan 04, 2013

There's no reason they can't phone you... unless you specifically contact them and ask them not to phone you. If they can't get through to you due to a fault with the phones then its fair for them to call you.

A ringing phone hardly constitutes harassment unless you've asked them not to call, or unless they are expressly attempting to harass you...

This is an insurance company, they are not harassing you, your phone or their phone is just not working right, don't be so sensitive.