Surrey Grand CrowneTimeshares in Branson Missouri

I am putting this information on here for anyone thinking of purchasing a timeshare in Branson, Missouri. I went thru the usual come stay and tour with them in July of 2003. I did purchase a one bedroom timeshare for $8750.00, deposit of $875.00 dollars that day of July 19th 2003. When I seen the interest rate on the contract, it was 16.90 % which was outragious at that time. I went to my bank, took out a loan with a 6% interest and paid off the timeshare on August 18th, 2003 to save myself $8908.00 in finance charges. This would have made the total cost of the one bedroom, $18, 047.00 by the end of the finance period.So please read carefully the contract. I was told that I had 7 days worth of time to spend in the timeshare with my week being week 17 which is September1-August 1. Ask me have I ever gotten to use my timeshare that week in 7 years! NO, I HAVE NOT!
I have tried to have them rent my unit out, only to be told "NO ONE WANTS TO RENT THIS UNIT" yet every time I call to book a date, they have no openings! You want to know why? Because they are too busy putting the units up for promo units all year to sell more units! Therefore you, the owner who has paid in full, become a second class citizen! I tried to get them to let my son use my golf course privledges and that too became a major issue! I had to pay $139.00 this last year around Christmas to be able to come to Branson to meet family there, why pay you say, because again, there were no openings for the owners because the paying public had 1st access to the timeshares! Next, I lost over $1500.00 trying to sell this timeshare on 2 occassions, and then tried to get the timeshare to sell my ownership, but again was told, 'NO ONE WANTS TO BUY THESE THINGS, THERE ARE TOO MANY FOR SALE, AND EVEN IF I DID SELL IT, I WOULD LOSE AROUND $5000.00 OF THE MONEY I HAD PAID FOR IT!So basically, here it is in a nutshell;
DO NOT LET THEM BULLY YOU INTO BUYING SOMETHING YOU WILL NEVER HARDLY GET TO USE OR RE SELL, THERE IS NO PROFIT FOR KEEPING THE TIMESHARE AS INVESTMENT AS TOLD TO ME, NOR WILL THE PROMISES MADE AT THE POINT OF SALE EVER COME TO FRUISION! I am now stuck with something I bought as an investment only to find out it is a BURDEN INSTEAD! Plus lets not forget those Matainance fees you will be losing every year, and the timeshares show little signs of improvement in the upkeep of them or the contents!

• Ba
    Barbara Mahaffey May 14, 2016

Me and my husband were in Pegion Forge TN. We love to visit there I am telling everyone don't get sucked into there lies. We bought in 2013 in Pegion Forge, but own in Branson Mo. Oh believe me the guy giving the "spill " on how good of a deal it was lied the entire speech he gave. We never once have used it because we bought for TN and for Branson. And the entire time he stated you will have to pay no other fees total lie!!! Don't buy from these people. It's a complete rip off!!! Now you can't talk with anyone in Surrey you have to go through Capital Resorts!! We were told that day the man who owns them we would never be given to another company!!! Lies is what your told to get into there timeshare!!! Beware please your stuck with bull!!! Oh and another thing is if you do buy for some stupid reason ask for loan papers up front not get them in mail pass the date you can get out of it!!!
    Barbara Mahaffey

• Dd
    DDE#1978 Dec 19, 2016

@Barbara Mahaffey I have had the same experience. I am trying to get rid of this thing. Any suggestions and have you got rid of your. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to ruin my credit by just not paying the maint. fee. Thanks from KY.