Suddenlink Cable / no cable service yet still required to pay bill

Background: In the beginning of Fall 2018 (August/September) I noticed the television had a line running horizontal on the screen. I checked the other televisions and noticed the same issue on all of them. That is when I called Suddenlink because I realized it must be the cable.

Timeline of events: (I know you have all this documented but wanted to highlight the major issues)

August 2018 - Called suddenlink who indicated it would be over 2 years until someone could address the problem. I still kept paying my bill on time as always. I called again and talked with someone else and he took me through a series of trouble shooting the television. (ex: channel search). It was then, he said to adjust the cable box. What? I don't have a cable box, I don't have any equipment at all. He was amazed and I informed him that I never received any equipment and I have been a customer for years.

Sept. 2018 - Screen is now totally fuzzy, no signal at all and I called again and I was told that I must get the cable fixed before Suddenlink can issue a credit and told I had to keep paying the bill until they get someone to fix it…so now I am paying $86-$94/month for No Service.

Oct. - Now - Several more calls and told every time that they would be put on an escalated list ( not sure what this is, but every call ended with that sentence) and the other was, I will have a supervisor call you because they are currently unavailable. I always asked when the supervisor was going to call of which they couldn't answer except for the answer of "the next couple days so they can review the case" and I never, not once received a call. At this point, 10 months later with no cable service I began to believe that something needs to be done. I am in management myself, sometimes I am unaware of an issue that is going on under my watch and that is why I am sending you this information. This is a horrible situation for your company and next I will describe how your company has treated me as your customer.

May 8, 2019 7:13am PST - Called and talked with Felicia- Again explained that I have been paying every month for no service, she said "let me connect to another department." I was then told to call "billing", which I did and got disconnected.

May 8, 2019 7:34am PST - Called back and waited and then they said they would reset the equipment..again I do not have any equipment, just a cable. So that couldn't be done

May 8, 2019- Did not write the time down but it was right after this last call. Talked with Taylor and I asked why can't you just give me my refund for no service and I can cancel and no one will need to come out and we could be done with this issue. He indicated that they (Suddenlink) could do this. I had a big exhalation of relief that finally this is going to settled after almost 10 months of paying monthly bills for No Service. He said I would need to call about canceling the service and getting my refund for the months I paid without service.

May 8, 2019 - Talked with a person in the canceling who assured me this would all be taken care of and canceled the account and forwarded me to billing to "process the refund" that I calculated out to be $630.89.

May 8, 2019 8:10am PST - Talked with Louis in the billing department. He indicated I would be refunded in the next 48-72 hrs. I asked to confirm the amount of $630.89 and how the refund would be given, check? Or put back into auto pay account? Or what. He said I would be contacted from someone in the collections department and would call "today, tomorrow, or Friday with the answer to those questions. again, no call back.

May 11, 2019 8:17 am PST - 73 hours later from when I was supposed to receive a call about the refund. I talked with Misha who said "there is no record because the account was cancelled on May 8, 2019. At this point you can well imagine what I was in disbelief to say the least. I talked with a person name Adrian and explained everything for the ????? time, who indicated for sure on Monday a supervisor would review and call and of course no call!

May 11, 2019 3:01pm PST - Not having a whole lot of confidence or patience at this time, I called the parent company (Altice) and told them all over again of the situation. I spoke with Jospelli who gave me a new # to call [protected].

May 11, 2019 3:05pm PST - Talked with Daysha. She said she would submit for a refund and it must go through 3 other people but she would keep in touch.

May 14, 2019 3:05pm PST - I hadn't heard anything so called and spoke with Markwet (spelling?) who looked the account up and stated: "Your refund has been cancelled because they couldn't credit the account because the account was closed" I was in total disbelief and speechless and felt that:
No, this is not okay!

CORRECTIVE ACTION: - All I am asking for is the account closed as of Sept. 2019 with a refund of the payments made Oct. 16, 2018 - April 16, 2019 totaling $630.89. I can't imagine this experience is common with your company or you wouldn't be in business. I believe the cause is because Suddenlink does not have technicians in the area so couldn't get anyone up to fix the problem but the bottom line is that the customer should not have to pay for that problem.

Thank you for help with this situation
Josephine & Susan Yates