Suddenlink Communicationsinternet speed

R Jul 19, 2019 Review updated:

I have gigabit speeds and I'm only getting 80mbps wired directly to the modem. Had a tech come out he tested the modem said it was good tested the router said it's bad. So I said it's only a 2 weeks old but ok, went and bought a new router and guess what same issue. Contacted suddenlink through Facebook and they sent someone else out. This guy tested everything and determined the connection at the pole was bad and requested maintenance come out to replace it. Two guys came out with bucket trucks and tested the connection and said it's good must be a problem with that techs meter. They wouldn't even change it out so I could see if my problem went away. My internet is so slow at times I can't even pull a speed test. I've spent the past 2-3 weeks talking to support everyday. Still no one has an answer why it test good at the modem but when I wire a 2019 laptop to the modem I only get 80mbps.

• J
      Jul 24, 2019

I am having the exact same issue. Supposedly they are coming here today to "work at the box". There seems to be no recourse for the horrible service and poor communications. When you call support, you are directed to a huge call center in FL. You never talk to the same person twice and whoever you talk to can't seem to find notes from the previous calls.