Menu
Home Mattresses Stearns & Foster MATTRESS
R
Author of the complaint
7:18 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Within a few weeks of purchasing a $1700. Stearns and Foster pillow top king size mattress from a Mattress King store. it developed about 1" indentations on each side when not under load, enough so that my wife was waking up every morning with a severe backache. We both weigh 150# or less. When we went back to the store and complained, they gave us some preprepared paperwork to fill out and submit to S & F. But the paperwork actually said that this condition was normal and not subject to warranty. So I called the S & F rep for our area and he basically told me the same thing, but the capper is they want to charge us a $50 fee just to come out and do an inspection having already told us that it would not be covered. Then I went on line and discovered all the dozens of similar complaints re S & F mattresses. I don't get it. How do they get away with this? Isn't there somebody out there that is in a position to organize some kind of class action lawsuit, or at least an expose' and a barrage of negative publicity, maybe from "Consumer Reports" or a TV consumer report or something of that nature. We have actually turned our mattress 90 degrees which works for now comfort wise but it hangs over the frame on the sides and is short top and bottom because the mattress is not square.

More Stearns & Foster complaints & reviews