Stearns and FosterWarrantee

R

I purchase a S&F Sunshine Estate King mattress. After a few years, rotating every couple of months, I found that I was sleeping in such a hole on my side of the mattress it was actually difficult to roll over as I would be rolling up hill. I contacted S&F and they sent me back to where I purchased the mattress, The Great Indoors. The Great Indoors couldn't help me because I didn't have a receipt. I went back to S&F and went through their process of pictures, and measurements. The mattress still has the tag with the construction date which is still well within warrantee. Again they sent me to The Great Indoors, which has since closed down. No one was telling me my complaint was not valid. I was caught in a process that they could just push me off. I purchased what I thought was a high quality product from a reputable company and felt I was just given the run around with now options to solve my problem.

• Ra
    RarelyComplain Oct 28, 2012

A mattress that you cannot FLIP OVER will last about 4 - 5 years; less if you weigh over 200 pounds. That's why they only finish 'em on one side. Sells more mattresses. If you think I'm kidding, let's see what you wind up doing in the next 3 months.

I only buy bargain basement mattresses that I plan to discard in 3 or 4 years (even though I only weigh 165 pounds). Name brand mattresses aren't any different for the reason stated above. Save that extra money for pillows, which likewise are programmed to flatten out in a couple years. The bedding business has made prudent use of MBA's and the consumer foots the bill.

• Ca
    cacsealy Oct 29, 2012

We apologize for the issues you're having with the mattress. In order to file a claim with Sealy or your retailer you will need to have some form of the proof of purchase to prove you were the original purchaser, the date the item was purchased and the amount paid. If you would please email us at [protected]@sealy.com we would be happy to assist you.