StateRegistration.org Logo

StateRegistration.org

Having problems with StateRegistration.org?

StateRegistration.org reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 15, 2017. The latest review We were on the official DMV site and was rerouted somehow to your site without our consent was posted on Mar 29, 2021. The latest complaint Possible double registration charge for 2020 was resolved on Mar 01, 2021. StateRegistration.org has an average consumer rating of 5 stars from 18 reviews. StateRegistration.org has resolved 17 complaints.

StateRegistration.org Customer Service Contacts

StateRegistration.org Complaints & Reviews

StateRegistration.orgWe were on the official DMV site and was rerouted somehow to your site without our consent

We recently renewed our vehicle registration, we were on the official DMV website doing our renewal and apparently ended up, without our consent or knowledge, routed to you as a third party and charged a fee. None of our paperwork shows this fee but our bank account was affected by pulling out more funds than any of our paperwork shows. I want this additional fee refunded and in future I will take time off work to renew in person in the DMV office.

• StateRegistration.org's response · Mar 29, 2021

Hi Amy,

You were right now to post any private information here, since this is a public forum. But we'll need more info to assist you with this. Please send an email to our support team and include your plate number so we can look up your transaction and resolve this for you: [email protected]

• St
      steveshouse Mar 29, 2021

You need to make sure it is a government website and if it redirects you away from it then you were on the incorrect website. It should always end in a .gov for any government website and will not redirect you to one off of it as payments can made directly online. The DMV will not refund the money removed you will have to contact the company that took the money directly and double check your registration to make sure it actually went through.

StateRegistration.orgPossible double registration charge for 2020

While doing my 2020 income taxes I ran in to two AZ Vehicle Rregistration fees, the 1st charge was on 01/02/20 for $260.06 and the 2nd one was done on 12/11/20 for $228.53, can this be a mistake or i am not understanding why I am paying two registration fees nine days apart, I would greatly appreciate you looking into this, thank you. Name: Gloria E Militano, Record #0418169, Last 2 of Vin 52

• Updated by Gloria E MIlitano · Mar 01, 2021

Not understanding why I am paying two registration fees for 2020 9 days apart when i own only one vehicle

• StateRegistration.org's response · Mar 01, 2021

This is a public forum. For support with a transaction, please send us an email and include your plate number: [email protected]

StateRegistration.orgDeceptive practices

I thought I was using the official Texas DMV site to renew my registration online in order to take advantage of the State's online $1 discount. I got an immediate receipt from Texas DMV showing my total charge was $77.25. Only after receiving my PayPal monthly statement do I realize my renewal was routed through 'StateRegistration.org' and they had tacked on a $17.75 service fee and charged my PayPal account a total of $95.00. It was not my intention to use the services of 'StateRegistration.org' and feel I was deceived. If Texas DMV wants to let 'StateRegistration.org' anywhere near the Texas DMV website, they should post a bold notice for everyone to see advising clients that a 3rd party service would be utilized to process online renewals and that a hefty service fee would be tacked on and paid to that 3rd party. I am very upset about this and have tried to call the phone number of 'StateRegistration.org' only to receive a recording stating they are not answering phone calls. The PayPal transaction number is Transaction ID: 1FJ3342653030352V and I would like the $17.75 refunded asap. I don't have extra money during these times and feel like this company is misleading. I will be filing further complaints if I am unable to get this money back.

RESOLVED

Despite the company's genuine attempt to obtain information related to this complaint, the customer didn't reply to their messages.
        Therefore, the complaint is considered resolved.

StateRegistration.orgdmv registration

I thought I was using the official DMV site and realized after I submitted all of my information and paypal payment that I had mistakenly used the wrong site. In looking at my past registration I realized that I authorized an additional fee for some sort of "one click" renewal that I am not interested in and I will not be using this site ever again. I feel very upset about this and tried to immediately rectify the problem by stopping the transaction on PayPal. It would not let me do it. The PayPal transaction number is Transaction ID: 4F9358508X591544L and I would like my money refunded asap. I don't have extra money during these times and feel like this company is misleading. I will be filing further complaints if I am unable to get this money back. I also just got back a notice saying my registration can't be renewed. Please send this money back so I can renew my registration. I would rather do the DMV renewal.

• StateRegistration.org's response · Nov 19, 2020

Thank you for providing your transaction ID. Since you did not intend to use our site, we've gone ahead and refunded your transaction.

StateRegistration.orgOhio license plate renewal

I went online to renew my Ohio license plates on May 30, 2020. All indications were that I was on the Ohio DMV renewal site. I received my new stickers but just received my credit card statement and saw that I was charged $85.21 when the charge to keep my current plates is only $66.42. This is an $18.79 overcharge. In calling the number that appears on my credit card statement I realized that this is NOT the Ohio site but I had been redirected to a third party site. I would like the $18.79 refunded. The transactions ID is KYRE9GS5. No dollar amount appears on the page I printed so there was no way to know that I was charged an incorrect amount at the time of the transaction.

Ohio license plate renewal

• StateRegistration.org's response · Jun 25, 2020

Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. Please see our comments below:

1. As stated in prominent places throughout our site, we are a privately owned, third-party agency. We explain that you may either renew directly through the BMV portal, or you may appoint us as your agent to renew your registration on your behalf for an additional fee that covers several benefits exclusive to our site, including Night/Weekend Support, Ticket Protection, enrollment in our One-Click Renewal Program, and more. We present both options to our site's visitors so they can choose for themselves. Furthermore, before we accept any funds, we require that each person check a box consenting to our terms and the fact that we are a third-party agency that charges a fee. It is not possible to submit a transaction on our site without first checking that box and signing your full legal name, explicitly acknowledging our third-party status and authorizing us to process your renewal. These disclaimers and disclosures are in place to prevent confusion.

2. Your renewal has already been processed with the Ohio BMV; it cannot be canceled at this stage. A confirmation email was sent to you on May 30, and your registration was mailed to you.

3. However, since you did not intend to use our site, we've credited our third party agency fee back to your card as a courtesy. A refund credit is on the way back to your account.

It has been our pleasure to resolve this matter promptly for you.

StateRegistration.orgonline license renewal

I entered texas.gov and website stateregistration.org appeared, so I place my order online through this website. I noticed they charged 16.75 more.
            I did not question this until I received confirmation and it did not state
            anywhere this is from texas.gov
            I am furious!!! Now I have to dispute this charge and figure out if i should re-order my license registration through the correct website.
            This website should not appear when you enter texas.gov which is what is provided from the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles enclosed paperwork.
            This website should state upfront this is not an affiliated with Texas Dept of Motor Vehicles and that they charge a Service Fee if you order your license plate registration from their website. I want a refund for their hidden fee service. I will be contacting my credit card Monday 6/22/2020 to dispute.

RESOLVED

StateRegistration.org customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complaint author have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where company image and it's services are concerned.

StateRegistration.orgUnethical online va state registration

I thought I was using the official DMV site and realized after I submitted all of my information and credit card payment that I had mistakenly used the wrong site. I have no intention of using this site again as I usually am able to pay for 2 years and also opt for a new license plate on " the Official DMV Site. After reading the FAQ on this site I realized that I authorized a fee of additional $16.xx for some sort of "one click" renewal that I am not interested in as I have no intention of using this site ever again. I was told I would receive an email confirmation which has not happened but within seconds they have charged my credit card. I want a refund as I am left in the dark about how and when I would receive my new registration. This seems very unethical to me.

• StateRegistration.org's response · May 07, 2020

We did nothing unethical. We explain very clearly on our site — in bold, prominent disclaimers — that we are a third party. We also required you to sign your name acknowledging that we are a third party before we accepted a transaction from you.

In any event, we're happy to credit our third party service fee back to you. We sent you a message requesting your plate number or email so we could resolve this for you, but you have not responded to us. Please send an email directly to our support team so they can assist you with the refund and any additional support you may need. Here's our direct email: [email protected]ateregistration.org

StateRegistration.orgThis is a scam I want my money back

You are not Ellis county in Texas. Going to better business bureau & police dept. Ripping people off online. People are struggling & dieing. That's what's wrong with this world. I thought was on right website. Renewal tags 2012 Chrysler 200 touring BWX5790. God bless America & this world. Noe & Rosa Arroyo [protected], [protected]@yahoo.com

• StateRegistration.org's response · Apr 14, 2020

You were not scammed. You attempted to renew your registration before you passed inspection; that is why your renewal could not be completed. Texas law requires that you pass inspection FIRST, before you attempt to renew. Since you were not eligible to renew, we have VOIDED your transaction. We did not rip you off or retain your funds.

Feb 03, 2020

StateRegistration.org — registration renewal

I recently renewed registration on our Ford F250 on line. I was not made aware that it was a 3rd party and...

Jan 22, 2020

StateRegistration.org — registration ripoff

I mistakingly thought this website was the texas dmv. Once I paid for the "registration service" I was told I...

Jan 22, 2020

StateRegistration.org — vehicle registration renewal

I attempted to renew my vehicle registration online. After being notified that my credit card was not...

Dec 12, 2019

StateRegistration.org — car registration renewal

On 11/10/2019, I was Visa card ending in ... 6220 was charged for my Utah vehicle registration. The...

Nov 04, 2019

StateRegistration.org — this site is a man-in-the-middle scam

I was delayed in getting my vehicle inspected and once done I rushed to get the registration process going...

Oct 04, 2019

StateRegistration.org — I would like to receive the 30.00 I was overcharged.

Amount removed from my bank account -$135.78, the amount of ADOT registration was 105.78. Why was I charged...

Oct 02, 2019

StateRegistration.org — website mimics state site for registration renewals and charges unnecessary fees

This site is a government impersonator - obviously its a money maker or they world stop!! I searched google...

Sep 30, 2019

StateRegistration.org — renew registration

When I did a google a search for renewing my registration online, I got stateregistration.org. I n my rush to...

https://stateregistration.org — site posed as rmv site, specifically renew registration

When renew registration RMV is searched on google this site pops up first...

StateRegistration.orgThis site is a scam

This site is a scam; when renewing my car's registration online this website came up (sponsored) as the first link. Needing to get my registration done ASAP, I didn't properly vet the site; it's a scam. I was charged a fee for something the state provides for free. I wasn't emailed or shown any kind of proof that my registration was actually renewed and could not get a hold of anyone from the organization. I cancelled my debit card fearing identity theft and further charges.
                  Don't use it. Go directly to the state's website. That's what I did as soon as i did some light scanning online as to this website's validity.

• StateRegistration.org's response · Nov 16, 2017

We are not a scam. We are a legitimate third-party renewal agency. As stated in bold, prominent places throughout our site, you may either renew directly through your state's DMV portal, or you may appoint us as your agent to renew your registration on your behalf for an additional fee that covers several benefits exclusive to our site, including Night/Weekend Support, Ticket Protection, enrollment in our One-Click Renewal Program, and more. We present both options to our site's visitors so they can choose for themselves. Furthermore, before we accept any funds from anyone, we require that each user check a box consenting to our terms and the fact that we are a third-party agency that charges a fee. It is not possible to renew on our site without checking that box and signing your name, explicitly authorizing us -- as a third party -- to process your renewal. Our service is not a "bogus scam" -- we offer real, tangible benefits, and we do not misrepresent ourselves.

If you renewed through our system, you would have received an email confirmation. The only case where you would not receive an email is if you provided an invalid email address.

Getting in contact with us easy is. There is a contact form on our website: https://stateregistration.org/contact You can also email us directly: [email protected] No one who reaches out to us via these channels is ignored. We respond to customer inquiries in an average of 5 minutes or less.

In any event, since you did not intend to use our site, we're happy to make it right and credit you back. Shoot us an email with the plate number this is regarding so we can make sure this is resolved: [email protected] We have a Satisfaction Guarantee, so we'll be happy to credit you back and remove you from our system. However, we first need you to contact us with a plate number so we can locate you in our system.

We look forward to your email and resolving this matter for you to your complete satisfaction.

• Ju
                      Julia Bridgwater Jun 05, 2019

I, too, have been scamed by Stateregistrstion.org. i was trying to renew license registration for Texas and the scam came up. I registered thinking I was renewing my vehicle registration and company has taken money out of my account for God only knows what for. I want my money refunded. License plate 1FJVC. I an 75 years old. Sent email to this company and never received response

Julia A Bridgwater

• St
                      stateregistration Jun 05, 2019

@Julia Bridgwater Hi Julia. We respond to every email. And we have no records in our system under your name, or plate number. So it looks like you never dealt with us. You've confused us with another website.