Starbuckshypocritical about community service

T Review updated:

Starbucks supposedly prides itself on being involved with projects that help improve the community, recycling and "making a difference in the world." I volunteer with a local animal shelter and when I asked if we could put up a flyer with animals available for adoption at the local animal shelter (keep in mind this is no profit to me, just something to help make a difference for local animals, possibly save some from being euthanized, and promote pet recycling -- and possibly even reduce our taxes since higher adoption rates means less money is needed by our shelter system!!!), the barista refused. In fact, he didn't even seem to know what an animal shelter was!!! Talk about ignorance like a rock. Anyhow, I'm really disappointed in Starbucks all the "trying to help the community and make a difference" is just a crock of grounds. .

• U
      Jul 06, 2009

I'm not sure this is a legitimate complaint. Sure you're frustrated, but it's hardly fair to color an entire world-wide chain of stores by the actions of one lower-level employee. It's entirely possible he didn't know the company policy. If you want to put up a poster, ask to speak to the manager.

• N
      May 27, 2011

honey...talk to the marketing department. Baristas don't own the store. They're just zombie workers paid to offer snobbish people great customer service. that's common sense in the real world.