Having problems with Stanton Carpet?

+1 888 809 2989 (Head Office)
+1 516 822 5878 (New York)
100 Sunnyside Blvd Extension, Suite 100
Woodbury, New York
Customer Service / Distribution Center
200 Enterprise Drive, Calhoun, GA 30701

Complaints & Reviews

stanton wool carpet

I purchased stanton wool carpet, over $12, 000 - and this is hands down the worst carpet ever. It'...

bloom, opulence collection, color smoke

The above carpet was purchased from Modern Flooring in New Orleans, July of 2015. This was used in master...

Warning

$15 -$20 / yard carpet would hold up longer and better than Stanton Carpet.

As a consumer of their product I complained about this to their customer service group. The only recommendation that George Forte of Stanton Carpet had was 'if you have a piece of this carpet left over you can easily replace the one step by call the installer who originally installed the carpet'. 'I wish that I could be of more assistance but after 5 years there is really nothing more that I can do'. Stanton Carpet's slogan on their website is 'There's more to life than ordinary' That's correct. The 'more' means spending more than you'll expect!

• St
    Stanton Representative Jul 31, 2009

Stanton Carpet Corporation, founded in 1980, was built on the mission to create a brand that was synonymous with style and value for the decorative market. We have met that mission with what is recognized today as one of the nation’s leading manufacturers and importers of decorative, high-quality branded carpet and custom rugs. We have stood the test of time by taking care of valid problems and educating our flooring retailers on the appropriate application of our various types of carpet.

Within the flooring industry it is uncommon to have a residential carpet warranty for stairs. Yet, there are appropriate types of carpet that may give years of beauty and enjoyment when installed on a staircase. There are a multitude of factors when considering carpet for stairs (i.e. household traffic, pets, pivot points, sun exposure, proper installation, etc.). We recommend that when purchasing any flooring for a home; discuss any factors that may impede the performance of the product prior to installation.

We take great pride with our quality control in order to avoid potential problems.

Anonymous

This very expensive carpet wears through to the backing in 5 years

$15 -$20 - yard carpet would hold up longer and better than Stanton Carpet.

• St
    Stanton Representative Jul 31, 2009

Awful experience

Here's a consumer complaint not with the store I purchased this product from, nor the installer, but with the manufacturer! Beware that spending a lot for carpet doesn't translate to long lasting! In just 5 years a section of the carpet on my stairs has worn through to the backing. Anyone looking to purchase carpet should not purchase Stanton carpet for your stairs unless they plan on replacing it soon. Stanton Carpet is unwilling to stand behind its products siting that the one year warrantee has passed. Be wary of manufacturers that only offer a one year warrantee. There is a reason that it is so short! Stanton knows that their carpet won't last. Spending in excess of $71.00 per yard for Stanton Carpet means that I'll have to replace it in an unreasonably short amount of time. $15 -$20 / yard carpet would hold up longer and better than Stanton Carpet.

Stay away from Stanton Carpet and you will save a ton of money!

• Ed
    Edgar Mar 01, 2009

Thanks Peter for the feedback. I was planning on using Stanton Carpet for my Home theater room but now I have second thoughts.

anonymous Mar 02, 2009

• Rh
    RHG1 Feb 08, 2017

I purchased Stanton's Hickory carpet and not one year later defective watermarks started to show. Stanton, after the carpet dealer filed a claim, sent out an inspector who said that I was too aggressively vacuuming the carpet by vacuuming 3 to 4 times a month! One year warrantee folks. Claim denied. Stanton may claim that the watermarking (very visible lines) is normal but I did not . I wish that I had done my own research to see the volume of complaints on Stanton and how they will deny pretty much any claim.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices