Stages of Beauty, LLC

PO Box 1417, Bedfordshire, MK41 0QB

Australia
PO Box 535, Braeside VIC 3195

Complaints & Reviews

I am complaining about the debit to my credit card in the amount of $84.98.

I was not aware that i would end up paying almost $90.00 for a 1oz, bottle of retinal eye cream! i only saw a...

Ethics

Online "free sample" pay $4.99 postage. Sample had no ingredients listed on container nor within packaging...

I will report them to the Better Business Bureau and the police

I saw an ad for a free sample if i paid the postage $4.99 had to use debit/credit card number, got sample ...over priced if you wanted to order. Thought that was the end of the deal but...no, rec'd package with a larger bottle of the same stuff (1 oz.) and my checking debit/Visa card was debited for $74.88. !!!

I did not authorize this charge and I did not order the product they sent me. If they do not reimburse me...I will report them to the Better Business Bureau and the police.

This is a scam!!! Do not deal with them.

Susan55 Aug 01, 2012

Hello Bermale,

We are so sorry if there has been any confusion! For questions or concerns, please contact us at 1-855-280-9489 to speak with a supervisor and we will sort out any issues immediately.

• Co
    courkee Oct 18, 2012

You obviously missed the Terms & Conditions when signing up for your trial. It's sad that America is so illiterate and depends on free stuff.
    Next time read what's in front of you before you make a fool out of yourself.

Oh, also. Stages of Beauty has a perfect score with the BBB. ;)

• Co
    courkee Oct 18, 2012

You obviously missed the Terms & Conditions. It is so sad that America is so illiterate and depends on free stuff. Next time, read what is in front of you, before you make a fool out of yourself. :)

Billing my debt bank card monthly

I only wanted the free sample and pay for shipping only. They sent out another in October. Shipping document said $0.00 charges so I didn't think anymore about it. I called this morning because this company took out $74.98 again and told them that I never received it. They told me to take it up with my postal service. I told them not to send anymore that I didn't want more than the first sample to try and that they didn't state it would continue sending monthly and billing my debt bank card.

Susan55 Feb 20, 2012

"We are so sorry if there has been any confusion! For questions or concerns, please call our customer service department at 1-877-869-3162 and we will sort out any issues immediately!

Susan55 Jun 22, 2012

• Be
    Beonca May 23, 2013

There complaint line is a joke go to the cops

• Aj
    Ajmartin Aug 25, 2014

It's like bait and switch. You really need to read the fine print. Nothing is free. Now I have to pay for a product that I don't want.

Unauthorized Charge

I signed up for trial offer for $4.99 ON 3/12/2012 AND received a trial size of the product. There was no...

Charging credit card

I ordered a supposely trial sample with $4.99 shipping fee to be charged to my credit card, in August 2011. I received the sample but on 09/2011 my credit card was wrongfully and unknowingly charged $74.98. I did not authorized this charge nor did I order or receive anything for the charge. I am still getting charged.
See attached.

crystal.[protected]@gmail.com

• Re
    realyfedup Feb 16, 2012

I totally agree with the complainer. I have been scammed also. I ordered the trial size for $4.99 and I got billed $82.00 for something I did not order. They should be ashamed of themselves for scamming the elderly. I am on a fixed income and this cost I do not want nor need at this time. I am writing the BBB to see if something can be done before they scam somebody else.

• Fi
    fillis Mar 02, 2012

I also ordered the free trial and my creditcard was charged twice for bottles I did not order... Fillis

Susan55 Mar 05, 2012

Hello Fillis,

Please contact our customer service department at 1-877-869-3162 so we can assist you immediately!

Sincerely,

• Ko
    Koli04 Aug 04, 2015

I tried a sample for $4.99 + a facial scrub on sale for (~ $24.50, usually $29+). On the confirmed page the total came to $37.48 instead of the expected $32.99 or maximum of $35.98 for an extra $2.99 S&H, which would be a total of $8.00 for S&H of perhaps 3 oz. I immediately called the 1-877-869-3162 and got a ridiculously long circular commercial on their skin care products and then the line hung up. I called back and spoke to Emile, operator #121, who was quite nice and after explaining to him what happened, he put me on hold to speak to a supervisor. After another long wait, he came back and told me Abby, the supervisor, thought it was easier to cancel the order and then have me place the correct order over the phone. Since I was trying the sample cream through the Panda survey site, I was going to get a $12 reimbursement for placing a valid order so I declined the over the phone order option to review the Panda 'process'...Emile told me I would receive an email confirmation for voiding the first order I placed. I'll get back on this. These samples are very specific about terms that you are signing up for a continued service. My complaint is it is hard to reach a live person. Perhaps, as the operator suggested I clicked on the wrong option, however, there were 4 options and clearly what came out on the final confirmation was different than what I remember seeing offered. Somehow what ended up on my order was a Grace Cleanser and Scrub Combo for $32.49. Not what I thought; I only saw a Grace Scrub for $24.50. After checking my inbox it would appear I have twice ordered a [email protected]:16p.m. though am not sure what will happen. No time to call back today, but it is my understanding that they will charge another $70+ if I do not call back in 18 days!

Unauthorised charge

I ordered a supposely trial sample with $4.99 shipping fee to be charged to my credit card, in October 2011. I received the sample but on 07/11/2011 my credit card was wrongfully and unknowingly charged $74.98. I did not authorized this charge nor did I order or receive anything for the charge.

Susan55 Feb 21, 2012

"We are so sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you! We do have a 30 day money back guarantee. To return product in order to get a refund please call our toll free number at 877-869-3162. A customer representative can help you further with any questions or concerns.

• Cs
    CSAcitizen Nov 13, 2012

My story is much like the other one - I sent for the "trial sample" and paid the high postage. I did NOT sign up for any type of future monthly deal where they just help themselves to my bank account and they just wiped me out so I could not even pay my vehicle insurance this month. I consider this stealing. Or to be more dramatic - bank robbery. I long ago retuned their UNOPENED package with CANCEL wrtten all over it. I want my $79.87 returned immediately before my drivers license gets suspended from having no insurance. That is the fee the bank told me they took. I have it written right here on the paper she (bank) wrote it on. That is all I had in the bank, if it were not for a few cents left they would have totally closed my account on me ! I'm on low Soc Sec and have no money for a luxury such as this. This was the only time I used my bank card since I got it many years ago, and then this happens. I will never use it again ! Once someone gets that card number, they just dig in and help themselves, and I cannot have that. I do not even use checks because of his reason since all checks have your number on them. I always pay everything by Money Order and have for 45 years. This one time I broke my rule, this happens and the lesson has been forever learned. NEVER USE CREDIT CARDS ! I need my money back immediately. Time is of the essence. Return money to - Carrie Taranova (Little Bright Feather) 4115 Shepherd Road, Lakeland, FL 33811 $79.87 is what was taken out and I only had $80 in the account for my vehicle insurance !

What a scam!!

I, too ordered free trill and then received $74.99 package. I didn't even open box. I am furious! No phone number on invoice. I called [protected] and, of course, waited for someone to answer. Rep was very sweet, yet I was furious. First, she offered a discount to keep it and my answer was NO..then she said she credited me back and cancelled my account and THEN told me to keep the product to make me happy. Happy? Never will I be happy with this company. I also called Amex to not pay. I do not trust this company.

Scam

Same story as everyone else - ordered the FREE sample w/ 4.99 shipping charge Then 2 wks later received pkg. & saying they billed my CC 74.98 - It's Scam artist like this that take advantage of people & give doing business on line a bad name - I want a full credit refunded back to my CC.
SOMEONE SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS CO.!!! if they were on the up & up they should supply contact info on the invoices, & or their web site - thats right - NO CONTACT INFO ANYWHER ! they know what they are doing & will continue to Scam honest people until they are one day sued for everything they have stolen.

Tricked and unhappy

They were not upfront with sending you more product automatically-to the tune of $74.98. I had not even had time to trial the sample when the first box came. I called to cancel the product without opening the box, but they said they had already shipped out another box, and it hadn't even been 30 days. Since they had already shipped a second box were unable to refund the box I hadn't even opened yet, giving me a $40.00 refund-but that doesn't cover the other $35.00.

• El
    Elabc Apr 24, 2014

I had the same problem. Never agreed to anything further than the sample. I never rec'd the products but my card has been charged,
    Just got off the phone and girl insisted that I rec'd the items. Post Office said you did! Well, I didn't. Good business practice would not send products so close together as previous complaint mentions.
    I am not finished with this until all $$$ is refunded.
    No time to try the product before next package is sent out. They need to make many changes to their business practices.

No different than a scam situation.

Fraudulent free sample offering

Very fraudulent advertising of a free sample which turns into a monthly chage of 75.00 VERY persistent...

Fraud

' Stages of Beauty ' based in Cambridge, MA offered a free trial size of their face cream which I...