Spirit Airlines — I will never patronize this airline again!
Spirit airlines should be investigated and possibly fined for their sell and cancel flight practices. After making reservation form LA to Grand Cayman, paying for the flight and booking hotels in February 2007 for travel in May 2007, the airline decided to cancel the flight.
There was no advisement sent to my home address, and it was only after I contacted the airline to reconfirm 30 days before the flight that I became aware that they changed my flights by two days without my permission.
After requesting a refund, it has been almost 30 days and the airline has not refunded the amount over $1000. to my credit card. What they DID do is refund the travel insurance almost immediately. I lost money on the non-refundable hotel booking typical for Cayman island reservations.
To refund a customers money based on involuntary flight cancellation does not require a degree in rocket science. Spirit earns money on the interest on my money, while I pay credit card interest. I don't believe I am alone, and if one assumes thousands of others had the same misfortune, it makes a bundle in ill gained profit for this inferior carrier. This may be on the edge of being legal, but it is immoral.
Spirit airlines may offer cheap flights, but their ability to provide customer service is atrocious. I will never patronize this airline again even if they offer 1 cent flights as they engage in suspicious practices, not to mention they all but ruined a planned dive vacation in the Cayman islands.
More Spirit Airlines Complaints & Reviews
- Spirit Airlines - lost luggage
- Spirit Airlines - unauthorized credit card charge
- Spirit Air - $9 fare club
- Spirit Airlines - unauthorized charge on my account
- Spirit Airlines - double billing my credit card
- Spirit Airlines Credit Card - deceptive practices
- Spirit Airlines - Cancelled flight
- Spirit Airlines - missed connection, lost luggage, bad customer service
- Spirit Airlines - damaged luggage and poor service
- Spirit Airlines - Charge on my card.