Resolved Specialized Loan Servicingnot very customer focused

I've had my secondary mortgage loan with SLS for about 1 1/2 years. This is the only bill I've actually had to write a check for and mail in, as the on-line payment feature costs 5.00 a payment to make, even if you are making a payment on time. Keep in mind, they are the ONLY company I deal with that charges a fee each time you pay on-line.

I recently mailed in a payment, and they cleared it for the wrong amount. Turns out they use lock box processing, and aren't very good at it. They offered to take an additional payment over the phone... they charge 5.00 for that as well.

Unfortunately, to refinance to another mortgage company, I would need to bring 10, 000 to closing, because of the housing crisis... so I'm stuck with them for now.

• Jl
    jlch Jan 14, 2010

Shame on GMAC for selling out to this company what was once we had good credit SLS is giong to DESTROY it.

SLS has not sent me any statements since taking over my equity loan, they just hoping that if I miss a payment they can recall the loan in full with penalties.

This company should be shut down by the Federal Government and everyone should be tosss into a Maximum Security Prision where BIG BUBBA can have a field day!!!

• Qu
    Queenela Jacob Aug 21, 2018

I have a mortgage which I pay on time every month and SLS is harsassing me with threatening phone calls and they have not sent me a monthly statement that they have received my payment yet they are taking money from account, please help

• tweezy23 Sep 18, 2018

I'm going through a settlement with bank of america... Bank of america sd the loan to sls after a settlement was reached with the d. O. J and bank. Of america is supposed to pay off but, the bank says they sent information to sls and sls keeps telling me they know nothing about any settlement.

• St
    steve miller Nov 01, 2018

Our loan mod was a farce. You never intended it to succeed. We sent all docs requested but it was never enough. We paid it off. However, we'll pursue every option we have to make you pay for fraudulent loan modifications. Your
    Company (sls) took money from the us govt (making home affordable), with no intention of helping anyone.
    Stephen miller

• Pe
    Penny-B Nov 04, 2018

We have been trying to work on a modification for over 2 years with sls. I'm reading the same things on this web site that have happened to me. I would like some information on this class action suit if it's not too late? I see it was filed or started in october 2016.
    Thank you for any information on this.

• Me
    MERS Needs to go Dec 09, 2018

It is very important to check on MERS. Go do your research and you will find out that the loan has been paid!

• Cy
    Cynthiamary Jul 14, 2019

Every time I make a payment it is not applied correctly...something is not right with company..the slip I fill out states where monies are to go but they do whatever they want. I have contacted every other day but get no where. I have proof through bank payments are made every month on time