Southwest Airlinesflight delay without proper notice

I was on flight 1438 on April 23, 2019 that was scheduled to leave Las Angelos at 5:40 pm. I arrived to the airport and checked in at around 3:35 pm. I was never told by anyone, emailed, or text that my flight would be delayed 5 hours. It made a very uncomfortable situation. When I spoke to someone at the airport I was informed that they email me and the text the person who paid for my ticket. That person was my sister who drove me to the airport and no text came through her phone. Also they claimed they had none of my information, but my boarding pass was on my phone, and when I finally got home at 4:20 am I checked my email and there I found the text send at 3;50 pm that the flight would be delay.
I feel this is very unfair and I need someone to get back to me with a better explaination.

Ki
Apr 24, 2019

Comments

•   Apr 26, 2019

The US federal aviation rules do not forsee the compensation due to a delay.
    You can ask the sutable compensation for the delay from the air carrier, who had delayed your flight.

If the delay affected you finacially substancially (for more than few hundred backs) and,
    if your annual income more than 35000US$, you can hire a lawyer for charge, from US$ 500 till max 5000 for all case.
    Filing of the case is US350 in the district court.

sr manager for ICAO / IATA irregulatory matters (Asia and Europe)
    Aryan engineers Ltd,
    for request with documents, use electronic address
    aryan @ vivaldi.net