SmileCare Dental Logo

SmileCare Dental

Having problems with SmileCare Dental?

+1 800 327 6453 (Customer Service)
+1 813 288 1999 (Practice Support Office)
4010 W Boy Scout Blvd, Suite 1100
Tampa, Florida
Locations

Practice Support Office
5706 Benjamin Center Drive, Suite 103, Tampa, FL 33634

Complaints & Reviews

SmileCarebilling fraud

I went to smilecare over 8 years ago and was overcharged. In the past 4 months I have spoken to several individuals whom have done everything from promise a check is being sent to offering to refund a credit card I no longer have. Yet today when I attempted to follow up and see where my refund was I was told that there were no notes in their system regarding money due me.

At this point I don't only want the money I was over charged but I also want simple interest at the very minimum.

• Ha
      HauntinguFrauders Dec 06, 2012

I requested my progress note and they were unable to present it. They never sent anything to me from my health insurance. I was new in the United States and they took advantage of me. Their staffs were unprofessional! They acted they were when my white mother-in-law came in, but if she wasn't with me...The dentist left my mouth wide open for about 30 minutes...I never complain about the pain in my right ear because I thought that it was an impact due to dental work. Also, my fillings came off, so I suffered for a few days from the pain. This month of December, there will be someone checking my mouth and I will let him/her know that I never had any clicking sound in my right ear in the past.

Josette T Apr 08, 2013

I was A patient went too smilcare in November of 2012. They broke the tooth in my mouth wanted too double charge me for them too get the rest of the tooth out. I had to wait a whole week before I could get It removed, and on top of that they had charged me for srevices not rendered I'm a single mother work and attend college full time. I have never seen such mishandled care like I seen @ smilecare. Not only that they pulled the wrong tooth, And here it is April of 2013 and My mouth is still not complete I have missed more work and pay trying too get them to correct their mistakes and the only thing I get from them is we have fired the Dr who caused the damage because he overcharged me on a preapproved account now i have a balance well over $5, 000 because he ran off with the money. The Doctor that is there now is very good but she came into A bad situation due to neglect of the last Dr. can somebody recommend a good Lawyer please.

Smilecare Dental Groupovercharged

This was my first visit to this dentist. I was examine and was given a statement of what was being done and the cost. I needed according to the dentist, a crown and 3 surf ante, and 2 surf post, I assumed that the surf ante and the surf post was the filling of the space between the upper part of my teeth to the bottom of the gum line because that's what I believed was done. Full mouth x ray, Prophy, Adult, core buildup W/P and crown-prc hi nob. The UCF column was 3216.00. Then the Prim column was 1077.30 cents.

Then the patient column was 899.70. Between my insurance company and myself we paid in 1649.70. I then received another bill for 364.40. I then made some phone calls to Los Angles where the bill was sent from, they told me that was what I owe. I told them the story to no avail, they told me to contact the office where the work was done. I called the office and told the story 4 times, one right after another, they sent me around the office until the last girl I told hung up on me. I tried calling back and they didn't answer there phone. I didn't want anything to do with those people again.

Again they sent me another bill for the same 364.40, I called Los Angles again and made a complaint to the complaint department there, I told the story and at first I didn't know what I was paying all this money for, she told me that the SURF ANTE, and SURF POST was fillings, the only fillings that I know was cavities, and I asked the girl and she said yes that is what you are paying for, I told her I never had any fillings there, she said she will take the complaint and that I would probably hear from the higher ups. One girl from the office where I had the work done called and said she received an email from Los Angles to call me. I told her what has happen about me trying to call there office and the problems that I had, she apologize to me for what happen and told me the girl does not work there anymore and she is new to the company.

After explaining the problem I had with the bills I've been getting she told me that the fillings were the filling of the spaces, I told her that the girl from Los Angles told me they were fillings for cavities. I explain to her that between my Insurance and myself we paid over the amount I'm suppose to have, she explain to me that the insurance paid the maximum benefits and when that ran out they automatically charge me as having no Insurance.

Smilecare Dental Groupterrible company

After explaining the problem I had with the bills I've been getting she told me that the fillings were the filling of the spaces, I told her that the girl from Los Angles told me they were fillings for cavities. I explain to her that between my Insurance and myself we paid over the amount I'm suppose to have, she explain to me that the insurance paid the maximum benefits and when that ran out they automatically charge me as having no Insuran.

Smilecare Dentistunnecessary work

I wish I had visited this site prior to going to Smilecare. Besides the dentists changing constantly, and half of them being very rude, they keep trying to convince us we need work done that we don't.

I hadn't been to a dentist in a few years, and I knew I needed work due to a very visible and painful cavity in a front tooth. In addition to that tooth, they told me I needed a bunch of other stuff done, for a total of over $4, 000 the first time. Being young and gullible, I believed they knew what they were talking about and were being totally honest. I started questioning their practices when I went in again for a check up and the new dentist said I needed several more root canals and had cavities to fill in ALL the teeth that weren't capped! There was no way I could afford all that work, so I didn't have any of it done. I went back a few months later because one of my caps were bothering me. The new dentist I saw said I had one very tiny cavity that was too small to fill and I'd need to watch it, and said that the gums under my crown were irritated, likely from something I ate. That was it, no other cavities, no root canals needed, nothing. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, figuring I got one bad dentist.

A couple years pass, and one of my caps comes loose. Well, when they first put it in the temp had pulled out the "build up" underneath, but they put in the cap anyway. None of my other caps (even the one I've had for 15 years) has come loose like that. But they charged me again for a new build up, a post lengthening surgery because she said not enough tooth was left for them to glue on a new cap, and a new cap. I don't think I should have paid, because I'm sure it is their mess up that caused the cap to break after such a short time (it was either just under or just over 2 years).

They tried to convince my husband that he needed several thousand dollars of work done when he first went in, and he just had a checkup and suddenly doesn't anymore. They are also trying to convince us that my son needs braces (his teeth are straight but his 2 front teeth are a little bigger that the rest of the top, definitely not bad enough for braces.)

I am changing dentists just as soon as I find out what other dentists in the area are covered by my insurance. I recommend to anyone who cares about their dental health to go anywhere else but Smilecare. Any dentist that is good at what they do, and cares about the patients, wouldn't work for them.

SmileCare Dentalstole my money!

I'm very unhappy with the service that I received from Smilecare on Manchester and Normandie, in California. I paid in full for a root canal that was never completed, and the office manager said that Corporate said that it was my fault that I did not come in or remind them that the work was not done. They took my money and then forgot about me! Now they are saying that I have to pay an additional 700 or so dollars to re-do the cap that I need. I am not paying twice for work that was not done in the first place!!

SmileCare — dental malpractice/billing fraud

I am writing in regards to several incidents that have happened in relation to myself and SmileCare. I had...

Smile Care Dental Servicesterrible experience

After 18 months of ortho appointments, I do not recommend Smilecare in Concord, CA. Even though I had an appointment card; E-v-e-r--y single time I went in they were running late. They called for me 45 minutes after my scheduled appointment time. If you do use them, I suggest if you have a 3:00 appointment, show up at 2:15 and sign in your name, only then you M-i-g-h-t actually get your appointment on time. Even when I was waiting in the waiting room people were sitting on the (dirty) floor because there were not enough chairs, there are no magazines to read, they did have a TV blasting. All the people waiting had annoyed looks on their faces. I have seen several people just leave. I should have been one of them.

• Ba
                BayAreanative Feb 03, 2010

I agree that SmileCare in Concord, California is horrible! My son got braces there, and I only went to them because of my insurance. The office manager told me that I had to get financing for the copay, and I was able to get part of it through CareCredit (also has bad customer service). She told me to try another company for the rest of it, but I told her that I was re-establishing my credit after a divorce and didn't want to run another credit check. She assured me that they approved people easily, but they didn't approve me. She didn't apologize or say one word, other than filling out their in-house credit form that I hadn't even been told about. I couldn't believe she didn't tell me that they could do the financing, especially when I told her my situation. They couldn't care less about their customers.

I also got a letter from them saying they were going to remove my son's braces, because I had not been "cooperative" in keeping appointments. My son had never missed an appointment, or even been late. The letter was so rude, and it was obviously a form letter. I was so insulted, because the only reason they sent it was because he needed to make appointments every month. I didn't realize that, and they waited two months before they sent the letter. How about calling the customer, huh? I pay for his braces every month, whether he sees a dentist or not, so why treat me this way?

Bottom line, DO NOT USE this dentist if you can help it.

Manoo Jan 09, 2011

My wife and I underwent a dental cleaning procedure carried out by LINGA VUPPALA at Smile Care, Fremont. Upon completion of the cleaning, the doctor told that there are certain other things (X-rays and some filling) that can be done for the teeth and completely covered under the Insurance. Since we were guaranteed coverage by insurance (the receptionist/administrative staff at Smilecare called my insurance and confirmed this) we did nt say no to this and the doctor carried out the same. Now Smilecare has send me and my wife of bills apxt 170 USD and 160 USD and is asking us to pay for this. We were told that we will be called back but never got a response. Finally we got a notice saying that if the outstanding amount is not paid, the account will be referred to the collection agency.

• Rn
                Rncheri Jan 25, 2011

My child recently had a procedure done at the San Jose office. I'd heard terrible things about SmileCare, so I was on my guard. The office was okay, nothing fancy...the front office staff was polite and courteous, however, there is a snippy blond back office assistant that needs a major attitude adjustment. To put it quite simply, she is a ***. If you happen to read this sweetheart, change the attitude...you are public healthcare and have a responsibility to be nice. I'm an RN...that outranks you I'm pretty sure. Be a careful consumer here and don't be afraid to speak up with this company!!

• Ji
                Jim F Jan 27, 2011

I stopped going to Smilecare over a year ago as I no longer had insurance. I was told there was no outstanding balances. I didn't think so, as I paid my co-pay as the work was completed. Mostly just cleanings and one crown.

Since then I have received bills every month for stuff the insurance company supposedly declined over TWO years ago. They keep saying I don't own anything, but keep sending bills.

Now these bills are marked as overdue and may affect my credit rating. I feel as if I am being held credit hostage by this company due to their incompetency.

• Ki
                Kim B Feb 07, 2011

Beware of Tracey the office financial administrator, she is a liar and swindler. She explained a procedure that had to be done and completed in two appointments as one cost. After paying and asking several times before the 1st procedure and after, while setting up 2nd appointment I asked again "so I am paid in full for 2nd appointment" the answer was yes sir just show up and have work completed. Well to my surprise before going into the doc's chair I was told I had to pay $360.00 for 2nd appointment, when I asked her to produce the paperwork I signed since she said she covered all cost with me she could not produce the signed copy (Hmmm). The dentist herself was "GREAT" although she worked with the limited supplies she had, which I think was so ridiculous that you pay hard earned money and they can't even have the right supplies in stock.

SmileCare Family Dentistrybeware

Smile care Dental, their so call professionals say your tooth ache is due to a bruise tooth. However you do need some crowns and other work in which I did not go in for. This place is high pressure sale on items you really don't need. Guess what happen next the tooth I went in for with the problem after getting a second opinion was indeed infected and need antibiotics and a root canal. Thank you Smile care not only did they use my insurance but cost me more money to get the proper care that I should have received in the first place.

• Al
                  Allan Ezell Sep 11, 2008

Same problem, I am now suing them

SmileCare Dental — unethical and terrible treatment

I am a dentist that worked for this organization as an employee only I was told i was an independent...

SmileCare — Dental malpractice and billing fraud

These people mishandled my dental care and are now billing me for work that they told me was covered by my...