SingTel / Singapore Telecommunications Logo

SingTel / Singapore Telecommunications

Having problems with SingTel / Singapore Telecommunications?

1688 (Customer Service)
1606 (Post Sales and General Enquiries)
100 (Directory Services)
1877 746 4835 (United States)
+65 62 351 688 (Customer Service)
+65 62 211 606 (Post Sales and General Enquiries)
+65 68 383 388 (Singapore)
+1 212 269 7920 (United States, New York)
+1 650 508 6800 (United States, San Francisco)
+61 280 827 800 (Australia, Sydney)
+44 207 122 8000 (United Kingdom)
+88 11 184 988 (Bangladesh)
+86 106 410 6193 (China, Beijing)
+852 28 771 500 (Hong Kong)
+91 114 152 1199 (India, New Delhi)
+81 354 377 033 (Japan, Tokyo)
+60 377 282 813 (Malaysia)
+63 28 872 791 (Philippines)
+82 232 877 575 (South Korea)
+66 22 569 875 (Thailand)
+84 439 432 161 (Vietnam)
31 Exeter Road Comcentre № 01-00

Perth
Level 3, 1260 Hay Street, West Perth, WA 6005, Australia
Fax: +61 892 883 030

Sydney
Optus Centre Sydney, 1 Lyonpark Road Macquarie Park, Sydney, NSW 2113, Australia
Fax: +61 280 827 100

Germany
Frankfurt, Platz der Einheit 1, 60327 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Fax: +49 699 750 3200

Bangladesh
Dhaka, Bay’s 50, 15th Floor, South Block, Mohakhali Dhaka – 1212, Bangladesh

China

Beijing
Unit 1503, Beijing Silver Tower 2, Dongsanhuanbei Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100027, People’s Republic of China
Fax: +86 106 410 6196

Shanghai
Unit 707, 7F, KIC Plaza № 333, Song Hu Road, Shanghai 200433, People’s Republic of China
Fax: +86 213 362 0389

Guangzhou
Room 3615, 36F, BLK B, China Shine, №9, Lin He Xi Road, Tian He District Guangzhou 510610, People’s Republic of China
Fax: +86 203 882 5545

Bangalore
Suite № 304, DBS Business Centre, 26 Cunningham Road, Bangalore 560052, India
Fax: +91 802 225 7272

Chennai
20/30, Paras Plaza,3rd Floor, Cathedral Garden Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600034, India
Fax: +91 444 264 9414

Hyderabad
Reliance Business Centre, 303 Swapna Lok Complex, 92 Sarojini Devi Road, Secunderabad 500003, India
Fax: +91 402 781 2724

Mumbai
Sahar Plaza 111 Bonanza Wing B, Mathuradas Vasanji Road, Andheri East, Mumbai 400069, India
Fax: +91 222 824 4996

New Delhi
5th Floor, A Wing, Statesman House, 148 Barakhamba Road, New Delhi 110001, India
Fax: +91 114 152 1683

Japan

Osaka
3F Shin-Osaka Hankyu Building, 1-1-1 Miyahara, Yodogawa-ku, Osaka 530-0003, Japan

Tokyo
Arco Tower 9F, 1-8-1 Shimomeguro, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 153-0064, Japan
Fax: +81 354 377 066

Malaysia
602B, Level 6, Tower B, Uptown 5, 5, Jalan SS21/39, Damansara Uptown
47400 Petaling Jaya Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Fax: +60 377 276 186

Philippines
Unit 1504 Liberty Center, 104 H V de la Costa Street Salcedo Village, Makati City 1227, Philippines
Fax: +63 28 872 763

Singapore
31 Exeter Road, Comcentre, Singapore 239732, Republic of Singapore
Fax: +65 67 328 428

South Korea
Room 3501, Trade Tower, 511 Yeongdong daero, Gangnam-Gu Seoul, Korea (06164)
Fax: +82 232 877 589

Taiwan
2F № 290, Section 4, Chung Hsiao East Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Fax: +886 227 786 083

Thailand
9th Floor Unit 6, 500 Amarin Tower, Ploenchit Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Fax: +66 22 569 808

United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Dubai Internet City Building № 1, Suite № 110, First Floor, P O Box 502430, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Fax: +971 43 611 063

Vietnam
Suite 704, CMC Tower 7th Floor, Duy Tan Street Dich Vong Hau Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam
Fax: +84 439 432 163

Complaints & Reviews

broadband on mobile

I had a SingTel mobile plan from 2009. 2010 middle my office relocated. And at that time I noticed that my internet access is not as good as it was before. But I didn't pay too much attention, and tolerated the issue. But there are times that I really need a normal internet speed on my mobile phone. So recently I decided to ask SingTel tech support about it.

Initially they provided some insights to the issue, asked me to do some tests, but later I received a ### response:

"In response to your email, we have investigated and evaluated on your concerns. Broadband on Mobile service designated bandwidth will be shared with the rest of the users within an area. If there are more concurrent subscribers using the service in the same area, the access speed will be impacted. Other cause of slow speed will be the combination of 3G/3.5G device used, software application, internet traffic and destination server at time of access."

Looks like a copy-and-paste answer. This is the kind of response you get from SingTel. And I had other issues with them, I won't put it here but in summary the tech support is not helpful, and the manager always backs-up what tech support says (Or maybe managers prepare what tech support should say). Point is there is no use escalating, no sense of commitment to consumers, no sense of keeping integrity. It's all about money for this company. Legally sucking money from poor consumers.

This telecom is like a venus flytrap. Will lure consumer with "good deals" then later screw you up. Maybe all telecoms have flaws, but my point here is that they should do something about it! I am not asking for a cancellation of plan or what, just make the SingTel users experience better and also give the worth of their money!

Luckily my mobile plan is about to expire. I am intending on getting a new line from another provider (will do speed test from my office first and from several locations, using some of my friends data plan). I wish some law will be enacted that requires speed test in the office and home (where we spend most of our time) before we sign a contract (tough for those who move around for a living).

My advice to all, please ask around before getting a mobile plan, esp with data. No service provider is perfect, but some service provider are better than others. It is up to us consumers to protect our selves. These companies have no consideration whatsoever and if we find our selves in a ### situation it is our fault. For them what they're doing is legal. So beware. Make sure you get what you pay for.

sad and bad Sep 05, 2013

你们的工作人员做事不负责任,骗人乱来,我就是受骗了。你们的经理是谁。我要和他谈谈。

singtel cso told customer off as uncooperative!

Hi,
I had terminated the 2 years BOM contract in Dec 2010. A CSO called to confirm my billing address to be sent to HG. Weeks passed but no bill sent. It was only around 1130pm on 6 Feb that I received a call from an occupant staying in Choa Chu Kang that my bill was sent over to his house, adressing to me. Prior to that I had made 3 seperate attempts to inform Singtel to send all bills to correct address (in the system) and not to CCK (This comprised of 1 personal trip to Singtel shop @ Taka B1 & 2 different calls where the CSOs gave full assurance that all bills to be sent to correct address more than 6 months ago).
Hence, I made a call to Singtel at 1134pm on 6 Feb & a CSO, SHANKAR was assigned to help. During the call, he was extremely rude, loud, intimidating & made several attempts to challenge me. Firstly, SHAKAR put me on hold for 20mins & simply reverted that the billing dept was closed and did not know what to help. I was very positive that billing department would not operate on Sunday and especially at 1134pm & SHAKAR would not need 20mins to advise me. This had been perceived as his way to stall time & pacify since it was close to his knock time & SHAKAR kept emphasizing that his duty would be over by 12am & the quickest turnaraound time would be 10am on 7 Feb. Secondly I requested for his duty mgr and SHANKAR told me off that I was UNCOOPERATIVE. His mgr, VARUM was advised to be engaged & I was supposed to end the call since VARUM ended his duty at 12am sharp too. SHANKAR even further challenged that I could go to Comcentre if I wanted to the next day. Lastly, when I requested SHAKAR to arrange a response by 9am on 7 Feb, he commented that the response time was too short and it would be dependable on the morning team to handle and there might not be an answer to my issue. SHANKAR told me off that I need not tell him what to expect as he knew better on how Singtel would operate.
I have been deeply affected & shocked to receive such negative service from SHANKAR, representing Singtel. If he understood my frustrations, SHAKAR would't have been so negative especially where there was breach of confidentiality as my letters had been sent to strangers by Singtel & had been read by the strangers. This is a serious security breach of customer's personal & billing data to strangers without my rightful consent. And Singtel CSO was just treating the seriousness with a pinch of salt & seemed more concerned to knock off promptly for the day with his duty mamager. With such service, the level of responsibility and compliance from Singtel shook me rudely & left me in an "awe". I apprehend that there is limitation on what SHAKAR could help, however he is still representing Singtel and would still need to uphold its reputation by not labelling this particular customer as unreasonable or uncooperative in the presence of the customer. I hope Singtel would work on a better process on the CSO selection & would resolve the breach of confidentiality issue before more letters to be sent to different strangers.

Thanks,
Disappointed user of Singtel

Sandra May Thomas Feb 06, 2011

I just want people to be aware of this new bracelet they show on TV, it's called iRenew new energy for life. It says buy one and get one free, after giving my card number to pay for it they came up with a balance of $40.84 for a bracelet that cost $19.99, . Here they were charging me $20.85 for the shipping and handling, thats more than the bracelet cost. So I cancelled the order and it wasn't taken off of my credit card, and recieved a cancellation notice that the order was cancelled. Then a few days later I recieved the bracelets in the mail with a bill of $40.84. Now I'm suppose to call and get instructions on how to send it back it must be shipped to them by via a traceable method such as UPS or insured parcel post, I didn't order it and am just putting it back in the mail, they don't get it then its there problem

• Bl
    bllg Feb 09, 2011

What made matter worse was that it had been 3 days and I had not received any calls from anyone in Singtel CSO team.
    I have dropped two enquires via Singtel website in regards to my issue and what i had been receiving are just genric replies. There is still no solution or explanation to my issue & the bad service I had received on 6 Feb.

No attempts had been made on 7 Feb at 9am. I waited in vain for 3 hours before I made another call to Singtel. CSO, Mina assisted me and had advised that the assigned duty manager, Makten was busy the whole morning and had no time to revert to my case. I was not sure if breaching of customers’ personal information was considered to be a trivial matter in the priority setting for Singtel protocol for managers. However there was still no managers to call or attend to my issue at 12.18pm where I had to undertake initiative to call. While speaking Ms Mina, she seemed to be distracted and not listening to my problems and was not able to respond to my questions correctly. Nevertheless she made attempts to arrange for a manger to call from 3-30pm. Once again, Singtel CSO had failed to fulfill what the team had promised. 1.5 hours had passed and there was no call from any manager.
    2 days had passed since the last time I had made my issue to be heard to Singtel. No managers and no one had ever bothered to call me back from the CSO team. The turnaround time to response to my issue and to explain the negative and bad service of SHANKAR had been forgotten and obviously, it had been deemed to be of unimportance to the Singtel CSO team.

prepaid blackberry plan

I am a Singtel prepaid card user. I subscribed to a Prepaid Blackberry Plan on the 25-01-2011. After all the procedure I received a message saying that I have successfully purchased Prepaid Blackberry for Individual 30 days and thus my main balance was deducted by S$20. So I have my blackberry phone restarted and tried using my blackberry messenger but I can't connect at all. I thought this might be connection error or some system error and waited for 2 days. After the 2 days I called Singtel's customer service hotline twice and each call for nearly 30 minutes. It was different operator who answered my call but the both of them gave me the same instruction. The second operator who answered my call gave me the same instruction as the previous operator although I have explained to them that I have called before and I have followed the instructions given by the previous operator. In the end the second operator told me to go to the Singtel's customer service directly.
On February 1st 2011 I went to Singtel's customer service at Sommerset. I queued for about 15 minutes for my turn. I told the customer service there about my problem and handed my phone to him. He took my handphone for 5 minutes and returned it to me and told me to go to Singtel Blackberry Service just beside the current building. So I went there and again queued for another good 15 minutes. When my turn came, I again explained to the customer service there about my problem and handed my phone to him. After a few minutes, he handed me back my phone and told me to call 1688. Then I proceeded to call that number and talk to the operator. The operator then told me the exact same instructions that I get from the 2 previous call to Singtel's customer service hotline although I have explained to her that I have called Singtel's customer service before and had done all the instructions given. This time the operator is being smart, she told me that if I still can't connect, I have to call to this very number [protected]. After I ended the call I did all the instructions given by her again but I still can't connect. The moment I called the number she gave me, i just realized that the number she gave me is Singtel's customer service number!!

I am truly mad and disappointed by how they treat their customers despite being the largest telecommunication provider in Singapore. I have heard about tons of people complaining about Singtel's customer service and that their customer service is the worst in Singapore, but still I didn't believe in what people said until now when I have been enlightened about their horrible customer service.

sms subscription services

Upon signing up a mobile plan or re-contract plan by SingTel, I was registered for 3 SMS subscription services (Reuters Asia News, Straits Times Spore News, Inspirational Voice) without my knowledge. I was charged $0.09 for each service. It was made especially hard for anyone to cancel the subscription as the only way is to contact a person on the technical helpline. By right, it should be in the menu for cancelling value-added services. This kind of behavior is unreasonable and unethical, and it is not the first time that SingTel has screwed the consumer over. Rest assure that I will never pay for any SingTel services again.

errors in billing multiple times-no solution, continued to bill, poor response from complaint email to singtel

The long history of poor services started last Christmas when my mobile phone line was terminated on Christmas eve (2009) when I just started to subscribe for a new 3G iTwo Plus for 2 years with 10GB data plan. During that time, I even got my whole family to re-new their contracts (4 person), upgrade my broadband, phoneline, and even got Mio TV (Mio Plan with 30% disc for 4 person tagged to my phone line). All these signing up process was really quick, and the service during sign-up was excellent service I have to say.

Then came the wrong calculations of the bill. I was subsequently given only 20% discounts for a few months before I get to know it (I trusted Singtel, so I didn't see the bill till April 2010). However, I was wrong. I found out that I was only given 20%, and called it. The process of calling in was irritating as I have to wait for a long time 20-30 mins at office hours. When I got through to a Singtel Helpdesk staff, I told them the whole story. Then I was told I called in the wrong department, and will proceed to transfer me to the appropriate billing department. Then another wait of 15-20 mins came along. Finally, the Billing dept staff picked up the phone, and I have to spend time to tell the whole issue all over again. The solution is clear, he assured me Singtel will not commit the same mistake again, and will give me 1 month of free subscription.

The whole issue explained above happened 3 times. I did not even receive any free subscription from Singtel, and when I call in to ask about this, the staff merely say I have to prove it. How do I prove when everything was done over the phone? Ok, forget about this issue, I just hope singtel will stop making mistakes, and then give me extra 'work' all the time to call in, and nothing gets solved.

In Oct 2010, I got shocked when I saw my billing. I was charged for $299 data plan cap when I have already subscribed for the $20 per month 10GB for 2 years. I have to call in, endure the same process as above, and check why was I billed this amount. Singtel explains that I was billed wrongly. They explained that they thought my subscription was only for 1 year. This time, they do not offer any free subscription as compensation, but only waive off my data plan charges for the month. I was clearly upset that only a waiver of $20. I just want to have an error free bill for in my 2 years of contract.

In the next month, I got to know my bill was overcharged too. I gets so frustrated, and I decided not to call in anymore, but write through the email to Singtel. No solution was given, and the attitude was poor.

Singtel makes it so easy for people to sign up, but makes it difficult to call in to check for errors or to find solution. At this point, I hope to severe all ties with Singtel including my Mio Home plan (I also had Mio TV issues many times during the World Cup), but my contract left until Oct 2011.

It will be great if there is a clause for consumers to get released from the contract when Telcos are not fulfilling the contract terms. Signing-up is easy, but to get good after-sales service is difficult. My monthly bills are at least $100 and I travel extensively to overseas leading to high bills of about $500-600.

I hope Singtel can contact me soon to give me a resolution.
My request is simple, get my error billing solved as soon as possible, and no mistakes in my billing for the rest of my contract.

• Ca
    C_andra Jun 21, 2011

I'm totally disappointed with Singtel's internet service. It's very slow starts at 9pm-4am, even open one page only, it errors so many times. I don't understand what's wrong with it, it's really really slow like an old turtle..

• Ar
    Ariesmile Nov 09, 2011

i want change home address for my singtel handphone so i called the service number, they said i need go to the counter personally to change. Then i came to the counter, after waiting for a hour, he said no need Q here, just need make a call...==!!! oh F*** what a stupid customer service ! i hate that singtel staff..

• Cr
    Creazy Nov 09, 2011

it's really happen everyday and make ppl creazy. poor service due to the poor managerment. Do keeping singtel away if you cherish your life!!!

• Fr
    Francsi Lee - Hougang Jan 07, 2012

I have the same Singtel internet very slow problem.
    My question is why Singtel ignore all these complaints about them !!!
    Why Singtel does not solve the problem.

• Np
    NPM Feb 02, 2015

****BEWARE OF SINGTEL PREPAID********

When you top up the Hi! $28 it gives you all these local minutes. But if you subscribe to a Data Plan (through a different prepaid card), and use up your data, Singtel DOES NOT give you a warning.
    INSTEAD - They deduct data plan usage from your local Hi! $28 amount and from your Main account. COMPLETELY OUTSIDE YOUR KNOWLEDGE.
    DO NOT BE SUPRISED IF YOU TRY TO MAKE A CALL AND FIND YOURSELF OUT OF BALANCE!!!

everyting

I am very upset and desperate about the customer service of Singtel and the customer service hotline is not able to help me with the issue, I will reproduce this letter to all the public media to draw their attention to this incident and will like to cut all my exisiting contract with Singtel if I did not receive any reply within today.

The multiple lapses by your company staff are as follows:

1) I have called on 13Sep10 to terminate my existing broadband service w.e.f 15Oct10. The staff have promised to do it for me and the charge of broadband will be pro rata until 15Oct10, my next month bill (Oct 10) will reflect it accordingly.

2) In addition, I added that there is a SGD 0.09 charge for ringtone reflected on my bill while unsubsrcitpion of the ring tone was done by me very long ago. Once again, your staff also promised that she will refund me SGD0.09 and it would be reflected on my next month (Oct10) bill. She directed me to pay SGD0.09 less of the reflected amount (i.e. SGD106.26 instead of SGD106.35) and the outstanding amount would be offset automatically on my Oct10 bill

3) I trusted that the staff has done her job and did not pursue further.

4) I received my Oct10 bill 2 days ago. And noticed that the staff did not do any amendments on the bill AT ALL. My broadband service was not terminated. I was told to pay until 03Nov10 for the whole month fee. And there was still an outstanding amount of SGD 0.09 roll over from the previous bill. (Which means that the staff on the phone did not execute anything after our conservation.) I was very upset as I have spent about 45mins to explain to her the whole issue. But it was not sovled.

5) After noticing the discrepency on my bill, I called immediately on 08Oct 10:00am to enquire.
1) Staff A did not solve my problem
2) I have spent 30mins again explaining to Staff B the whole issue (whose name is Fiona). She agreed to get the approval from her department head and informed me that she will need some time to resolve the issue. She promised to call me back in 2hrs. We both agree on the phone that I would be expecting a call from Singtel to explain all the discrepency and a revised bill before 1:30pm
3) I did not receive a call until 2:00pm. I called 1688 agained and waited 30mins for the line to be connected. Staff C picked up the call and I requested to speak to Fiona. She said there was no Fiona in the department. I did not want to explain the above issues again as I have already spoken to 02 Singtel staff (A & B) and nobody could help me. I requested to speak to the manager. She refused. She was explaining that there are different departments in Singtel. And even I told her the problem now, she may not be able to help!

6) It once again demonstrated how dedicate and responsible Singtel staff is.

failure to disconnect

On 26 August I applied for Bridge Data Roam 15 and within 24 hours of service commencement discovered that my usage exceeded 15MB. I had not accessed Internet other than having my phone download emails. Within the next 24 hours I contacted Singtel (at my own expense) to terminate the service. I am dissatisfied that the plan recommended was unable to accomodate my modest email usage even for 24 hours.

On 4 September I wrote to Singtel to confirm that I wanted the Bridge Data Roaming service disconnected and they acknowledged by email.

On 23 September I was overseas again and found that the service was still pushing mails to me. When I returned to Singapore on 29 September I have had to again demand that the service be disconnected. Now I have to fight them over several hundred dollars in excess usage charges.

Today alone I spent one full hour on the phone with the accounts person, and still no joy.

screwed up internet

Their internet does not WORK. It automatically disconnects itself every 5 to 10 mins periodically especially in prime times of 8pm to 11pm. I don't understand why am I paying 50SGD every month for such lousy service. This is a FAILURE in service delivery yet Singtel still has the cheeks to advertise about its 'all-in-one' MIO TV.

More like "hell-in-one".

Called the Singtel 1688 customer service hotline THREE times during this year. They KEEP asking me to repeat the useless solutions they provide and REFUSED to send someone to look at my hardware. I even offered to carry it to wherever it can service the bloody modem but they insisted that the problem is a minor one.

Minor? Service delivery failure is minor? I pay for internet and yet cannot use it is minor?? Then why the hell does Singtel even exist if it cannot deliver what it exist for?!?

So, poor and middle income Singaporeans are paying 50SGD for nothing every month to SINGTEL.

not able to online

I just sign up 2 years Mobile Broadband with Singtel. And they provide me device E1782 to online. But once I got this device, I feel the connection is not stable. I using 7.2Mbps network, but the network always disconnect. I am not able to go online smoothly. Hence I call into Singtel 1688 seek for help. For the 1st time, the customer care ask me to update my firmware which I already did. But I still do it again. But still facing problem. So I call in again. Then the 2nd customer care say this might me device problem and not Singtel problem. They just ask me to look for HUAWEI. If really is the product failure, once I got this, they should one to one exchange with me right? Or they just try to push the responsibility to others people???? They didn't do a QC test?? Or they just don't want to help out??? Once call in, just say is not Singtel problem and ask the consumer to look for other party???
Anyone one can give me some help??? If yes, please email me: shane.[protected]@hotmail.com. Thanks.

connectivity

hi i got broadband on mobile connection for my laptop and the no. is [protected]. the contract which i have signed for 2 yearsis for 4000kbps speed. but till date i just got only max speed that is 20kbps, by which i cant open a simple page on net. more than 10 times i hve complained to 1688 regarding the same but nothing happened. one customer care is Mr XANDER told me that its coverage problem so somebody from coverage deptt. will come to your residence to sort out the problem or i'll give you a call. but i am just waiting for last 20 days, no one came, i have made a big mistake to choose singtel, now i think i have to cry for 2 years, Or can any one help me then mail me- [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ye
    yen Jan 08, 2011

Yes, I agree.

I got the singtel broadband mobile service, the service level during 7pm to 10pm is so terrible manytimes 0 KB or 15 KB. I sign up for a 2 MB speed. So I complaint to singtel. They say it is shared service and I should have read the contract. I told them I am a consumer, so if it is only 50% service level, at least I still can accept. But, it is almost not working worst than dail up.
    They ask me to switch for singnet, but they only have complex package on promotion, so I ask if they could let me terminate since their advert/communication was misleading. But, they refuse and insist that unless I change to SingNet broadband, I have to continue with the existing line, which I find is very inconsiderate.

• Mt
    MTZW Apr 20, 2011

I using singtel mobile broadband @ 989A Jurong west street 93.
    But connection too slow.
    Please check connection at this area.

• Tr
    Trevor Howard Jan 15, 2012

i have singtel broadband at a new condo (6 months old) and the service is shocking. Despite dozens of excuses they (Singtel) cannot provide my home with sufficient and consistent hi speed coverage for my social let alone my business needs. The contract i have is a 6Mbps/MIO TV/Tel, which should be more than enough for my simple requirements. The connection works fine at or near the TV/Modem but disappears when you exceeed about 4 mts distance. My home office where i really need a hi speed connection is almost non existence despite back feeding through the new network cabling in the aptmnt and using Aztec Home plugs to get some kind of signal (at me cost). I have now had 8 seperate visits from so called technicians and experts (joke) and i still have the worst connection i have ever experienced and that includes spells in Jakarta and KL. I am totally disappointed in Singtel, their idea of customer service is to send people around, make lots of calls but do absolutely nothing. Unfortunately from what i have seen so far the competition does not seem any better. How will Singapore compete in the hi speed interconnected world if the best they have cannot give me broadband in my home??? Duh!

• Se
    seanlu21 Jan 16, 2012

I have the a bad experience in 2011 year with Singtel, a girl called from Singtel in Oct (if am not wrong) said they were giving 2 months trial period for their Fibre Broadband. and said no cost for 2 Mths and no obligation.
    But after their installation I found the speed is exactly the same as Starhub. and the worst thing is even I did not use it, it automatically started charging me after 2 Mths, then I called Singtel customer line, but the SYSTEM said I already subsxribed but no body can prove it ... its a TOTAL CHEATING, TYPICAL SINGAPORE GOVERNMENT STYLE CHEATING, THEY JUST PRESUME THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO FIND OUT WHO ACTUALLY DID THE CRIME, AND THIS IS WHAT SINGAPOREAN DID FOR THE PAST YEARS. THE MAKE THE SYSTME AND MAKE EVERY REAL INTENTION UNDER HOOK... AND YOU FALL IN WITHOUT A HINT WHERE TO GO COMPLAIN AS THEIR SYSTME KEEP CHANGING, PEOPLE KEEP CHANGING, EVEN THEIR WEBSITE KEEP CHANGING MAKE YOU THINK YOU ARE A SUCH AN IDOT AND THEY ARE WAHHHH PROFESSIONAL, ISNT IT .

KEEP AWAY FROM SINGAPORE!

• Pu
    Puicouple Nov 17, 2012

What is Fiber Broadband? I have upgraded our home broadband to fiber with Singtel. This is where my nightmare starts. First day of installation, I was told that Opennet’s cable was faulty. The subsequent appointment, I got the Fiber Broadband installed. When I got home, I found out that additional power switch was required from current 24/7.
    This means that I have to pay additional S$20 per month for Fiber Broadband and additional electricity bill. I was looking forward to a higher speed network. I am so disappointed! The network speed was worst than before. Singtel technician came and confirmed that there was tremendous drop of network speed at the toilets due to the structure of the house. I am staying in a 4-room HDB and not 3/4 stories bungalow. At times, there was no network!
    Another Singtel Technician came and confirmed the poor network reading. He suggested plugging in wireless router + Powerline. Additional 2 more power switches are required whenever we need internet connection. No one in the house play online gaming. We only need internet connection for 1 laptop and 1 desktop. This is absurd and driving me crazy!
    Perhaps Singtel should consider regulating the way broadband providers are allowed to advertise speeds. Or, testing connection speeds in the homes of random consumers to make sure they're living up to their promises. I am aware that contract with Singtel and IDA will not intervene. Can I use lemon law for the poor quality? Will IDA do anything further to improve the current state of broadband and afford some rights to broadband users?
    I paid for a service that I did not receive. Who can help me now????

poor event management

A story of SingTel's dreadful management and customer service...

Below is a confirmation from SingTel confirming the event sent to me 13 August.

Dear XXX

Thank you for your interest in this event, we are glad to confirm your registration.
The event details are as follows:

Date: 20 Aug, 2010 (Fri)
Time: 8.30 - 10am
Venue: Googleplex
8 Shenton Way, Level 35
Singapore 068811

Tanjong Pagar MRT (Exit E)
Registration ID: XXXXXX

We look forward to seeing you.

Regards,
SingTel Business Events

Then the email thread which started on 17 August.

On 17 August 2010 09:23, XX XX <[protected]@singtel.com> wrote:
Dear XX,

Thank you for your interest in the breakfast seminar – “Controlling your business costs can be easy” on 20 August 2010, hosted by SingTel and Google.

We regret to inform you that due to overwhelming response, registration for this event has been closed.

We will be organising similar session in the near future and look forward to your participation.

Thanks.

Regards,
XX

I REPLIED

I have the approval email from SingTel.

SINGTEL RESPONDED

due to some technical issue, the system had some glitches, apologise for the inconvenience caused.

That is why we got to inform you on the unsuccessful registration, thank you once again for your interest in the seminar.

I REPLIED

I don't understand sorry. I have rearranged other meetings to attend this. I registered within minutes of the email notification being sent. I suggest you identify someone else to reject.

SINGTEL BECAME RATHER SHORT (this email was from Evelyn Ang, Manager)

We have our internal system to decide on the matter.

Please kindly note that we will not be able to admit you for the event on the actual day.

SingTel reserves all rights on the event matters.

SingTel - we love you, sort of...

slow and poor service

Signed up for a new line under corporate plan, iOne Plus, on Monday, 2nd Aug, the last customer at Raffles Hello! Shop Branch.

The next day I upgraded my plan to Iflexi lite plan (12GB) since I've an android phone - can go online, social-network.

The Singtel rep contacted me on 3rd Aug (Tues). I asked if it's possible to upgrade. He say OK. Only need 1 working day.

I called Singtel 1688 on Wed, 4th Aug at around 1pm to check if it's done, so i can start using 3G Data.

I was told to call back later. Status PENDING.. call later ard 4pm.

Called again on 4th Aug, 8.15pm. This guy say NOT yet. Still pending. Call back tomorrow 4pm.

Last called on 5th Aug, around 12pm. Another rep answered. Sorry, still pending, tonight 9pm.

WTF!! 3x. How many times does customer have to call? How long they need to upgrade my plan to activate Data!

• Da
    David Sun Nov 05, 2011

You just called a few days. I have called for year to settle my billing problem and I am simply ignored. I was over charged almost $2000 oversea roaming charge even though I did not use it at all. They did not inform their customers with Iphone about setting. after negotiation with a guy called Wayne (sound like a philipino) who waived most of amount and insisted that I have to pay $200 which I did not agree because it is not my mistake but Singtel sales team. Later on, I tried to call them many many times, left call back message many many times. Then, I have been never contacted. In the end of last year, the singtel man came to my house to fix broadband problems. From that, I could not find my camera. I had taken out to prepare my daughter's kindergarten graduation ceremony next day. However, in the next Morning, I could not find my camera!!! I have called them since last Dec. So far, no any answer and solution from singtel. Now I am working oversea for 3 years. I have spent my international phone call to call him but he never bothers to call me or contact me. I sent many emails to him but he never replied. This is Singtel!!!

• Al
    alytsy Jan 07, 2013

SingTel investigated and confirmed that a TagLite mobile line signed up with my NRIC was indeed FRADULENT but REFUSED to waive off 100% of the charges made and INSISTED to refund me only partial amount. This is totally unacceptable and ridiculous when I did NOT incur any of the charges and it was clearly a FRAUD case, yet they are persistent to NOT refund me fully.

I will NEVER use this service provider ever.

singtel bad customer service manager

Yesterday i found out my broadband mobile modem was not working so I made a trip down to AMK hello shop to get a replacement of sim card but until today i still have connection problem so i made another trip down to get a replacement of device but the staff said they cannot give me a new one on the spot where i have to go to service center. I talked about my situation so he went to asked for this tall male manager (at 1.30pm on 27 July 2010) over, he said the same thing i have to go service center and to be done in ONE week time where he cannot give me a new replacement, on top of that i still have to pay an amount to get a new device. In today's time everyone will need to surf net everyday and he actually telling me I have to wait for 1 week to get it fixed. This manager added this is the best he can do for me and what amazed me is the manager's attitude, even I told him i am a singtel customer over 10 years, and my mum for 20 years he doesn't even bothered much. I said i am disappointed with the service and intend to cancel all lines from Singtel and he actually say "OK!" I told him they are wasting my time where i made many trips down still coudn't get it done but he replied clearly to me that "They are not wasting my time!" Hey i am the customer here or he is the customer to decide whether my time is wasted or not. Even i said i will write in to complaint he said "OK!" again. This is the worst service and attitude i get from anyone so unprofessional! He can even treat the customer this way in front of another junior staff, is this the behavior he is setting up or projecting for other staff to follow? I wonder what kind of employees Singtel is hiring, trying to out talk customers and chasing them away.

Firstly in today's world customers are seeking fast, convenience service and This AMK hub manager is telling customer is wait for 1 Week in order they can use the internet? Hello I don't live in a cave and i need the internet for my work. Secondly customers nowadays is only giving one time chance and whether the provider can get it done right or not, if you can't get it done right they will just look for other suppliers and that's it.

Thirdly, this manager has no sense of customer service, no sense of customer minded at all. I think even a 16yo kid can do a much better service than him. He can actually said "OK" to customers when customers said they going to cancel the service from Singtel. He can said "OK" that i wanted to write in to complain. How big attitude is him. He also don't bothered much whether customers been using the company service for 2 decades. How sad is that. Is this the way to treat customers and value them? There is not only Singtel one provider in Singapore only.

Thirdly, since there is only 1 year warranty for the modem device then why made customers signed up for 2 years plan and not covered warranty entirely. If the device is spoilt customers still have to pay for a new device, i think this is really unfair to consumers. If they can only have 1 year warranty then they should let customers signed up for 1 year plan only instead of 2.

Christopher Winn Sep 28, 2010

I agree. Service for Singtel is really poor...

champurdo Mar 12, 2011

i also had the same problem as u..and until now haven being done yet...the manager already not work at there..i call his handphone also cannot already...WTF!!!

• En
    eniamm Jun 12, 2011

Singtel's CSOs have taken rudeness to a whole new level. Yesterday I called to enquire about signing up with them 2 new lines and they all gave different information. At the end, I got so fed up after 1.5 hours and contradicting answers from the same guy who put me on hold every 2mins to find out. And each time he put me on hold for 10-15mins and came back with a different answer. Nevermind. He actually HUNG up on me when I asked for his name and why he doesn't know his work. *applause*

Called back to complain, had to wait another 30mins, and the duty supervisor promised a call back but never bothered to call.
    Seriously "great job", Singtel! So much for "committed to providing high level customer service"

Anti-Singtel Jul 11, 2011

I have had called up Singtel for a refund for my termination fee as I did not authorized for such termination but Singtel automatically terminated without my knowledge for an overdue payment. The request has been put up 3 weeks ago. It was promised that I should received the cheque of refund within 2 weeks time. However, I did not. Hence, I called up again. Singtel informed me that the request for refund has not been processed. I was shocked. It should have done 1 over week back. Oh my God! They said they will expedite for me and promised to refund within 5-7 working days. The payment should be reflected in my bank account as they will bank in directly into my account. Today is the 7th working days and I still yet to receive the refund. There isn't even a pending incoming fund reflected in my bank account. So, I called them up today and again a delay statement of processing time will take 7-10 working days. When come to collection, they are no 1. When come to refund, they are no 100. Oh my God!. It is really better to owe Singtel than letting Singtel owe u a single cents. Cause it will take years to get it back.

• Si
    singtelsupporter Jul 25, 2011

u people should stop whining like kids. seriously. grow up.

worst customer call I ever had

Highly frustrating customer support call, have almost decided to discontinue Singtel services.
Recently I made a call with suffixing 019 and number but the money was deducted at regular IDD call.
I have been always making calls to India to same number with no issues.
When called singtel customer support, the first respose was good and informed that I will get callback in 3 days.
The callback which I recieved today was my worst customer service experince with any company I have delt with any country I have been to.
I clearly have number in my outging call as 019-number and customer service representative was litrally shouting on me saying the call is made with 011 which I never use and dont know about.
Liers !
Have logged a complaint at there website too, let me see if I get any response or they even read the complaint board.

the worse mobile service in singapore: singtel

1. Customer lost phone, they give bad service. I bought an iPhone with 2 years contract from Sept08. Last...