SingTel / Singapore Telecommunications Logo

SingTel / Singapore Telecommunications

Having problems with SingTel / Singapore Telecommunications?

SingTel / Singapore Telecommunications reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Mar 10, 2009. The latest review internet service was posted on Oct 15, 2021. The latest complaint billing payment via singtel app was resolved on Dec 10, 2018. SingTel / Singapore Telecommunications has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 409 reviews. SingTel / Singapore Telecommunications has resolved 34 complaints.

SingTel / Singapore Telecommunications Customer Service Contacts

1688 (Customer Service)
1606 (Post Sales and General Enquiries)
100 (Directory Services)
1877 746 4835 (United States)
+65 62 351 688 (Customer Service)
+65 62 211 606 (Post Sales and General Enquiries)
+65 68 383 388 (Singapore)
+1 212 269 7920 (United States, New York)
+1 650 508 6800 (United States, San Francisco)
+61 280 827 800 (Australia, Sydney)
+44 207 122 8000 (United Kingdom)
+88 11 184 988 (Bangladesh)
+86 106 410 6193 (China, Beijing)
+852 28 771 500 (Hong Kong)
+91 114 152 1199 (India, New Delhi)
+81 354 377 033 (Japan, Tokyo)
+60 377 282 813 (Malaysia)
+63 28 872 791 (Philippines)
+82 232 877 575 (South Korea)
+66 22 569 875 (Thailand)
+84 439 432 161 (Vietnam)
31 Exeter Road Comcentre № 01-00

Perth
Level 3, 1260 Hay Street, West Perth, WA 6005, Australia
Fax: +61 892 883 030

Sydney
Optus Centre Sydney, 1 Lyonpark Road Macquarie Park, Sydney, NSW 2113, Australia
Fax: +61 280 827 100

Germany
Frankfurt, Platz der Einheit 1, 60327 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Fax: +49 699 750 3200

Bangladesh
Dhaka, Bay’s 50, 15th Floor, South Block, Mohakhali Dhaka – 1212, Bangladesh

China

Beijing
Unit 1503, Beijing Silver Tower 2, Dongsanhuanbei Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100027, People’s Republic of China
Fax: +86 106 410 6196

Shanghai
Unit 707, 7F, KIC Plaza № 333, Song Hu Road, Shanghai 200433, People’s Republic of China
Fax: +86 213 362 0389

Guangzhou
Room 3615, 36F, BLK B, China Shine, №9, Lin He Xi Road, Tian He District Guangzhou 510610, People’s Republic of China
Fax: +86 203 882 5545

Bangalore
Suite № 304, DBS Business Centre, 26 Cunningham Road, Bangalore 560052, India
Fax: +91 802 225 7272

Chennai
20/30, Paras Plaza,3rd Floor, Cathedral Garden Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai 600034, India
Fax: +91 444 264 9414

Hyderabad
Reliance Business Centre, 303 Swapna Lok Complex, 92 Sarojini Devi Road, Secunderabad 500003, India
Fax: +91 402 781 2724

Mumbai
Sahar Plaza 111 Bonanza Wing B, Mathuradas Vasanji Road, Andheri East, Mumbai 400069, India
Fax: +91 222 824 4996

New Delhi
5th Floor, A Wing, Statesman House, 148 Barakhamba Road, New Delhi 110001, India
Fax: +91 114 152 1683

Japan

Osaka
3F Shin-Osaka Hankyu Building, 1-1-1 Miyahara, Yodogawa-ku, Osaka 530-0003, Japan

Tokyo
Arco Tower 9F, 1-8-1 Shimomeguro, Meguro-ku, Tokyo 153-0064, Japan
Fax: +81 354 377 066

Malaysia
602B, Level 6, Tower B, Uptown 5, 5, Jalan SS21/39, Damansara Uptown
47400 Petaling Jaya Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Fax: +60 377 276 186

Philippines
Unit 1504 Liberty Center, 104 H V de la Costa Street Salcedo Village, Makati City 1227, Philippines
Fax: +63 28 872 763

Singapore
31 Exeter Road, Comcentre, Singapore 239732, Republic of Singapore
Fax: +65 67 328 428

South Korea
Room 3501, Trade Tower, 511 Yeongdong daero, Gangnam-Gu Seoul, Korea (06164)
Fax: +82 232 877 589

Taiwan
2F № 290, Section 4, Chung Hsiao East Road, Taipei, Taiwan
Fax: +886 227 786 083

Thailand
9th Floor Unit 6, 500 Amarin Tower, Ploenchit Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Fax: +66 22 569 808

United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Dubai Internet City Building № 1, Suite № 110, First Floor, P O Box 502430, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Fax: +971 43 611 063

Vietnam
Suite 704, CMC Tower 7th Floor, Duy Tan Street Dich Vong Hau Ward, Cau Giay District, Hanoi City, Vietnam
Fax: +84 439 432 163

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with SingTel / Singapore Telecommunications Customer Service. Initial SingTel / Singapore Telecommunications complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for SingTel / Singapore Telecommunications above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about SingTel / Singapore Telecommunications. Discuss the issues you have had with SingTel / Singapore Telecommunications and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

SingTel / Singapore Telecommunications Complaints & Reviews, Page 20

Singtelovercharged

Got my son a sim card with a sony ericsson - experia hp in january 2012.
1st billing was as according to how it should be billed.
2nd bill came the bomb.
My son was using his sim card with my old spare basic phone.
The sony experia was left without a sim card empty from jan to march 2012.
My bomb... Received a service charge of $6.00 dated 12feb 2012 and
My 2nd bill of $375.20... When he only sms and make local calls.
Hp is checked by me to prevent internet usages and he knows that I wont be able to pay up if the bill chalks up to a big sum.
(I am a working single mum, n my children knows our financial situation not to create such burden)

When I called them to clarify they just insisted that my son was using internet and cant explain why $6.00 was charged when phone was idle with no sim card.
Singtel did the same mistake of overcharging when I 1st bought my i-phone but I was able to clear the matter as I know and dont use so much of data.
What I am angry is how can they keep doing mistakes like this and customer service still can say that bills has to be paid in time. I requested for a detailed bill and they said would take abt 3 working days but my bills has to be paid by 24 march 2012
(Today 13/03/2012). I wanted to terminate sim card and was told the charge will be another $500.
Its different when people just sit n earn money vs people struggle to earn and make a living...

• Re
      redress.me Mar 19, 2012

I have forwarded the story to Redress.me. Hope you will get the recourse you needed. Here it is:http://redress.me/view_post.php?pid=2050

Singtelwrong billing

i made a phone call to bangladesh, dialling from my phonebook.i was charged $14.96 for talking 7.5 mins.whereas the normal rate is $0.08/min. when i called the customer service for an explanation, the woman told that i shud dial a number manually in order to be charged the normal rate other wise the system would charge me $1.80/min.i made call from my phonebook for the last 6.5 years but was charged the normal rate.when i told this to the customer service, she said that i was "lucky" all the years.WTH that's not how u shud talk to your customers.i even made a similar call later that evening but was charged normally.this is totally the system's fault.and i shud be refunded.i need a satisfactory explanation.

• Ab
        Abdullah.chw Apr 02, 2012

All calls to Bangladesh should be under V019 free call. 2 months ago singtel charged me normal rates when I called to US (NYC & Boston) and Bangladesh (Dhaka Mobile)..this is despite the fact that I had signed up for the V019 plan and pay SGD6 every month for this. When I called and asked her why calls to US & Bangladesh is not considered free. Customer service told me, "sir calls to US & Bangladesh are free but calls to NYC, Boston & Dhaka are not because they are different countries". I asked the lady to tell me what the country codes for all these cities and she told me they are 0191 (US) & 01988 (Bangladesh). I told her what to go and check for me which continent these countries are and she came back after 10 minutes and told me "Sir Dhaka is in Africa, Boston is in Europe and I do not know where NYC is". I asked her what planet she was from and she told me, "Singapore Sir". I got so angry and told her can u please connect me to Earth.

Subsequently they corrected that months bill but continued to bill me wrongly..as I use a lot of overseas calls. Then another problem started with my text messages and overseas data roaming. After being billed exhuberant amounts of 1k plus every month, I started checking my bills and there are so many issues. I went back to my text logs to a particular number and realised they billed me doubles texts for every single ones I sent. This is ok since each costs 0.05 but when u consider a bill of 200 plus for only text messages it becomes annoying. You can't possibly go back and count every single month.

I am so frustrated and annoyed..my company refuses to pay for all these because the finance was the one initially to point out the mistakes with V019 and now ask me to check my bill every month. And each bills take 2 months to clear. SIngtel is the premium provider in Singapore?? This is just absurd!

Singtelbad telephone support crew

I tried to set up my emails on my blackberry. encountered message saying my blackberry service has been suspended despite having signed up for the enterprise server.

After 5-7 phone calls and 3 hours on the line alternating between advertisements and support staffs with filipino/chinese/indian accented english; i gathered that i may have been wrongly advised and subscribed for the Blackberry Enterprise(BES) when i really should have gotten the Blackberry internet service(BIS) in the first place. (for POP/SMTP based emails)

Now Singtel wouldnt let me cancel my 24mths BES subscription and i have no choice but to sign up for BIS in order to receive my emails ASAP..
      I'm demanding a BES cancellation at Singtel HQ this afternoon!

My biggest issue is with the support crew that seems to be reading off their technical bibles.

anygood providers? Dec 12, 2011

Sadly, most of the mobile providers I have subscribed to have the same quality of customer nonservice. Long hold time, hang ups after long hold times and untrained staff regardless of where their support is supposedly coming from. Good luck with cancelling, you may have more success and less aggravation if you get them to give you a free month of service or something. That sort of thing is best negotiated with the retentions department as they are actually authorized to offer compensation, customer nonservice is generally a complete waste of time. Be sure to give 30 days notice you are cancelling their service before the end of your contract, just because your contract is over you are not usually just free to leave, most of these guys seem to have fine print that requires 30 days notice. Be certain to put your cancellation in writing via fax and keep the fax confirmation, so it isn't accidentally misplaced.

Singteliphone flexi plan for iphone 4s

Singtel is not playing fair to iphone users. Knowing that ios5 includes imessage and will not utilizes even the already bundled 500 sms at 56 dollars for the iflexi value plan.
        Singtel has deliberately increase the plan to 59. 90 with 650 sms.

M1 and starhub is playing fair by maintaining their pricing and is this the way big bully like singtel treat their loyal customers? Can ida review such unfair treatment to consumers??

Singteldelivery of iphone 4

I called in to check if I could switch to iPhone 4S. They said they would help me check and reverted back to me saying I have to wait for 7 working days. I told them then it's alright, I will stick to my original order.
          Half an hour later, they called me but I missed their call. Then, they sent a ridiculous message saying, "Your order has been canceled by accident." They did not give me any solutions or rectifications on their mistake.
          The next day, I had to call to check. They reverted back saying that the delivery would be delayed by 2-3 days and that they would give me 2 months free monthly subscription ($59.90) to apologize for the inconvenience. I was satisfied with their solution as I would still be receiving within the week.
          Yet an hour later, they called me yet again to say that I would not be able to enjoy any of the benefits for booking online. Their reason was the another department needs 3 working days before they can process whatever they need to. And if I want to enjoy those benefits, I need to wait for 7 working days before ordering online AGAIN. Another solution is to reimburse me back into the monthly bill, which means for about 3 months I have to pay nothing.
          I do not wish to pay in cash more than I originally had to. I rather pay monthly subscription than having to pay upfront. I am abiding the contract of my order. But what about them?
          For your information, they have yet contact me for 4 working days after the last call. So much for being efficient. I even had to tell the caller off to stop disturbing me to solve their problem when it is not mine to start with.

1 Response

Singtel Singaporedishonest data charges on phone bill

I was being charge 10Gb data for my HP bill, when I call up n make a complain, the billing officer given e time of usage was in middle of e night when I was deep asleep. I was being force to pay e bill which I didnt even used . Billing officer was so rude n insist that it's customer's own problem & nothing gotto do with their system. Verdict ? We gotto pay what ever they charge. Worst telecommunication service n dishonest business in singapore !

Singtelfailure of internet

F*** so bloody angry with the effing internet service failure by singtel
              was supposed to have a certain amount of broadband as stated by the plan but wtf ? the internet was inconsistent totally contradictive of what their website says, consistent internet service. How is is consistent when they provided internet speeds that are 6 times slower then promised ?! i almost got so fedup that i smashed the modem, cant even do a simple google search.
              Now wondering if starhub's internet is more consistent or not, if it is im porting over

• Vo
                  Vong88 Mar 06, 2013

i am planning to give up singtel and move to another provider. Singtel suck!
                  1) i paid for the highest fiber optic but it not up to it promise my daughter download take 3 hr while her friend with another provided take only 10 min downloading the same file.
                  2) No help line after 12 unlike starhub at anytime they are there to help
                  3) the manger take the whole day to respond to my call like is not important enough for her.
                  4) almost every few night the connection get lost

Singtel Bizweb — no technical support outside office hours

According to the SingTel website, technical support for business users is for 24 hours as indicated below...

Singtelhello ship mio - tv & home voice

My case is very simple to understand and solve.
                I went to Hello shop to subscribe Mio TV together with Free-incoming and outgoing home line. I also wanted to retain my existing starhub home number. I got confirmation that monthly subscription is around S$20. And in order to do port-in the salesgirl asked me to come again after few days. I went after few days to Hello shop and one new staff attended me and asked me to pay modem charge and some other charges. I shocked!! I told them that this is something new and I can not accept. They told the first salesgirl made mistake and she is on leave today and she will call me on tomorrow. But nobody called me and I went again to hello shop. They said it was their counter girl mistake who is very new and offered me 6 month off of my mio-tv charges and same time I need to pay 107 for modem charges. Later I came to know from Singtel staff that they do not practice to charge modem charge for new contract. So I decided to raise a complaint against hello shop.
                But so far I did not get any solution and I am very disappointed with singtel customer service. I got very poor service and responds from singtel staff who does not know how to keep the customer and solve the issue. Now I feel starhub service is much better and they always try to keep the customer.
                I want to say GOOD BYE to SINGTEL for FOREVER. I will share this bad experience to all my friends. I feel very shame on my decision to approach to MioTV.

annlim Nov 27, 2014

I am disappointed singtel internet. .. whole night the Internet is down..

Sin Chew Woodpaq Pte Ltd Oct 18, 2011

Singtel is our main office line provider for our company. We expected premium quality on their products and services but to our dismay, both were not up to expectations. We have been experiencing constant disruption on our company's main phone line and now it's becoming a daily issue. We contacted the Singtel technician to resolve our problem but they were only able to repair it on a day to day basis. We were not offered a permanent solution. The most frequent and direct way of communication between our customers is by phone, therefore it is very disruptive to our daily operations and also at the same time, causing much irritation and frustration to our customers. Singtel will need to enhance their quality of service and prevent this incident from reoccurring, again

christopher nc Jul 02, 2011

i signed contract for 2MBPS speed broadband mobile internet.. for 2 years..but i only got less than 100kbps.. i can't even watch a 2 minute news video due to buffering... this is the worst internet i have..
                    i call customer services about 4 months already but they don't have a solid solution for my internet
                    complaint.. likewise there coverage team is all words... can't solve internet speed in my area at commonwealth
                    always less than 100kbps...shame to singtel broadband mobile coverage team...

Singtel — service

I am not the only one experiencing those bad service provided as it also occurs to my friends and family...

Singtelbroadband internet

singtel broadband mobile internet... very slow... slow as snails.. almost next to useless internet..
                  its been 4 months i complaint to customer services and coverage team.. i'm so upset with the service they
                  provide, my area at commonwealth drive blk 63.. less than a 100kbps.. shame to coverage team for
                  not giving solution to the said problem..

Sintel/ Singnet Boardbandsingtel boardband poor service

Incident 1 : Poor Customer Service Operator
                    A Customer service operator called during dinner time, rushed us to recontract our boardband service, when i request for more time to look through the internet for more information, the customer service operator gave a take it or leave it attitude, rushed through the conversation then suddenly hang up the phone . Really felt angry that moment .

Incident 2 :Felt demoted to second class user, despite loyalty and prompt payment

After exploring through singtel.com, found that new user had a extra wireless modem included in their package but thoese who recontract won't have the modem . When asking for upgrading my package to 15Mbps at $47.90 but would like a cut price as the Mobile boardband service is at no use to me, customer service officer from singtel say it is a "FREE" service in the package .

Incident 3 : Trying to confuse customer with similar advertisement and advertisement that is not clear .

Firstly the advertisement has the "FREE" word and "Come with", if the service is free why don't you put all the service under FREE ?If i never see probably i would had mistaken the new customer and recontract advertisement is the same .

Incident 4:When asked to be directed to supervisor/manager level in singtel for explanation, but still customer service officer replying email in every 3 working days manner .

Overall : Felt threaten and almost being scam by the phone operator giving a take it or leave it attitude and did not even mention about the wireless modem not included .Why have a sales department when they are not attending sales but customer service office are doing it . Why have a marketing department when advertisement is designed to scam customer to leave a bad remark . Treating loyal customer like a bucket of dirty water, eagerly trying to throw you out instead of recycling.When ask to speak to a supervisor, no one dare to speak of behalf of the company . Then why be a supervisor ?

Heard singtel is owned by some government sector ( source from some forum) is that why singtel is so arrogant because have backings from government ?

Singtel Mio TVstaff failed to turn up for appointment

Staff made appointment to install MIO TV cable on 02/04/11 between 11am and 1pm but failed to turn up. Called 8386388 but was told to call 1601. When I call 1601 was told to call 1688 and on and on... It is pushing to one department to another. Why installing a phone line with Mio TV needs 3 different appointments ? SingTel may have alot of staff to pass the job to one another but I have to take leave for 3 different time slots to wait for them and yet failed to turn up.

• Ka
                          kana puth Oct 07, 2011

Poor Service from Singtel / Miotv / Hello shop

SingTel Team Apr 06, 2011

Hi Joseph, sorry to hear about this. We would like to help expedite the installation for you. Do leave us your contact details and we will contact you shortly. Thanks Joseph!

• Qw
                          qwerty76 Apr 03, 2011

not only Stinknet does that, [censored]Hub too
                          try calling their operators, u will be welcome by their rude foreign talents (not mentioning from which country), so thats what u will get by importing foreign talents to do the jobs, so sg got no talents??!! ironic

btw : experiencing very very very F**king slow internet connection these few day(since [protected]) Stinknet user.And no responds from Stinknet on why is the problem...perfect!!

PAP Boleh? More Good Years Ahead? One word of advice, if u vote for them then stop complaining about the ever increasing taxes on everything

Singtelmio tv & roam overcharge

Mio TV offered to give a LCD TV when you subscribe for 2 years. I signed up in Oct but I have yet to receive it on March 24. I have called them every month to get an update. They claimed they sent the voucher but never arrive. 6 months I have waited. I bought a tv in the meantime and perhaps that free tv will arrive before this tv breaks down. Why can't they deliver the tv when they install my MIO TV? That would certainly be sending me a bundle of joy. Before I can settle this issue, they sent me data roaming charges when I was not traveling on those dates. I talked to the customer officer regarding my tv issue and he said I have to be transferred to another department. Which means another around of waiting for someone to answer and hopefully the line doesn't get cut off. Repeat my name and NRIC number for another 3 rounds after having to key in my phone number upon request of their phone system. Their ideal is to make you give up on having someone to call, just pay the extras? All the time spent on Singtel and the frustration is insane. I worked in Shanghai for 4 years and China Mobile who is serving billion of people is much more efficient. I am ashamed here.

• Ip
                            iPris Mar 28, 2011

After waiting months for the TV voucher, they sent a voucher on March 18 2011 that expires on March 15 2011! How incompetent can one get???

SingTel Team Mar 25, 2011

Hi Pris, thanks for leaving your details. We will contact you shortly.

SingTel Team Mar 24, 2011

Hi Pris, sorry to hear about the problems you have been facing. We would like to see how we can help you solve them. Do leave us your contact details through the Query form linked below and we will be in touch with you shortly. Thank you for your patience Pris!

Singtelbroadband on mobile

I had a SingTel mobile plan from 2009. 2010 middle my office relocated. And at that time I noticed that my internet access is not as good as it was before. But I didn't pay too much attention, and tolerated the issue. But there are times that I really need a normal internet speed on my mobile phone. So recently I decided to ask SingTel tech support about it.

Initially they provided some insights to the issue, asked me to do some tests, but later I received a ### response:

"In response to your email, we have investigated and evaluated on your concerns. Broadband on Mobile service designated bandwidth will be shared with the rest of the users within an area. If there are more concurrent subscribers using the service in the same area, the access speed will be impacted. Other cause of slow speed will be the combination of 3G/3.5G device used, software application, internet traffic and destination server at time of access."

Looks like a copy-and-paste answer. This is the kind of response you get from SingTel. And I had other issues with them, I won't put it here but in summary the tech support is not helpful, and the manager always backs-up what tech support says (Or maybe managers prepare what tech support should say). Point is there is no use escalating, no sense of commitment to consumers, no sense of keeping integrity. It's all about money for this company. Legally sucking money from poor consumers.

This telecom is like a venus flytrap. Will lure consumer with "good deals" then later screw you up. Maybe all telecoms have flaws, but my point here is that they should do something about it! I am not asking for a cancellation of plan or what, just make the SingTel users experience better and also give the worth of their money!

Luckily my mobile plan is about to expire. I am intending on getting a new line from another provider (will do speed test from my office first and from several locations, using some of my friends data plan). I wish some law will be enacted that requires speed test in the office and home (where we spend most of our time) before we sign a contract (tough for those who move around for a living).

My advice to all, please ask around before getting a mobile plan, esp with data. No service provider is perfect, but some service provider are better than others. It is up to us consumers to protect our selves. These companies have no consideration whatsoever and if we find our selves in a ### situation it is our fault. For them what they're doing is legal. So beware. Make sure you get what you pay for.

sad and bad Sep 05, 2013

你们的工作人员做事不负责任,骗人乱来,我就是受骗了。你们的经理是谁。我要和他谈谈。

Singtelsingtel cso told customer off as uncooperative!

Hi,
                            I had terminated the 2 years BOM contract in Dec 2010. A CSO called to confirm my billing address to be sent to HG. Weeks passed but no bill sent. It was only around 1130pm on 6 Feb that I received a call from an occupant staying in Choa Chu Kang that my bill was sent over to his house, adressing to me. Prior to that I had made 3 seperate attempts to inform Singtel to send all bills to correct address (in the system) and not to CCK (This comprised of 1 personal trip to Singtel shop @ Taka B1 & 2 different calls where the CSOs gave full assurance that all bills to be sent to correct address more than 6 months ago).
                            Hence, I made a call to Singtel at 1134pm on 6 Feb & a CSO, SHANKAR was assigned to help. During the call, he was extremely rude, loud, intimidating & made several attempts to challenge me. Firstly, SHAKAR put me on hold for 20mins & simply reverted that the billing dept was closed and did not know what to help. I was very positive that billing department would not operate on Sunday and especially at 1134pm & SHAKAR would not need 20mins to advise me. This had been perceived as his way to stall time & pacify since it was close to his knock time & SHAKAR kept emphasizing that his duty would be over by 12am & the quickest turnaraound time would be 10am on 7 Feb. Secondly I requested for his duty mgr and SHANKAR told me off that I was UNCOOPERATIVE. His mgr, VARUM was advised to be engaged & I was supposed to end the call since VARUM ended his duty at 12am sharp too. SHANKAR even further challenged that I could go to Comcentre if I wanted to the next day. Lastly, when I requested SHAKAR to arrange a response by 9am on 7 Feb, he commented that the response time was too short and it would be dependable on the morning team to handle and there might not be an answer to my issue. SHANKAR told me off that I need not tell him what to expect as he knew better on how Singtel would operate.
                            I have been deeply affected & shocked to receive such negative service from SHANKAR, representing Singtel. If he understood my frustrations, SHAKAR would't have been so negative especially where there was breach of confidentiality as my letters had been sent to strangers by Singtel & had been read by the strangers. This is a serious security breach of customer's personal & billing data to strangers without my rightful consent. And Singtel CSO was just treating the seriousness with a pinch of salt & seemed more concerned to knock off promptly for the day with his duty mamager. With such service, the level of responsibility and compliance from Singtel shook me rudely & left me in an "awe". I apprehend that there is limitation on what SHAKAR could help, however he is still representing Singtel and would still need to uphold its reputation by not labelling this particular customer as unreasonable or uncooperative in the presence of the customer. I hope Singtel would work on a better process on the CSO selection & would resolve the breach of confidentiality issue before more letters to be sent to different strangers.

Thanks,
                            Disappointed user of Singtel

2 Responses
                              • Bl
                                bllg Feb 09, 2011

What made matter worse was that it had been 3 days and I had not received any calls from anyone in Singtel CSO team.
                                I have dropped two enquires via Singtel website in regards to my issue and what i had been receiving are just genric replies. There is still no solution or explanation to my issue & the bad service I had received on 6 Feb.

No attempts had been made on 7 Feb at 9am. I waited in vain for 3 hours before I made another call to Singtel. CSO, Mina assisted me and had advised that the assigned duty manager, Makten was busy the whole morning and had no time to revert to my case. I was not sure if breaching of customers’ personal information was considered to be a trivial matter in the priority setting for Singtel protocol for managers. However there was still no managers to call or attend to my issue at 12.18pm where I had to undertake initiative to call. While speaking Ms Mina, she seemed to be distracted and not listening to my problems and was not able to respond to my questions correctly. Nevertheless she made attempts to arrange for a manger to call from 3-30pm. Once again, Singtel CSO had failed to fulfill what the team had promised. 1.5 hours had passed and there was no call from any manager.
                                2 days had passed since the last time I had made my issue to be heard to Singtel. No managers and no one had ever bothered to call me back from the CSO team. The turnaround time to response to my issue and to explain the negative and bad service of SHANKAR had been forgotten and obviously, it had been deemed to be of unimportance to the Singtel CSO team.

Sandra May Thomas Feb 06, 2011

I just want people to be aware of this new bracelet they show on TV, it's called iRenew new energy for life. It says buy one and get one free, after giving my card number to pay for it they came up with a balance of $40.84 for a bracelet that cost $19.99, . Here they were charging me $20.85 for the shipping and handling, thats more than the bracelet cost. So I cancelled the order and it wasn't taken off of my credit card, and recieved a cancellation notice that the order was cancelled. Then a few days later I recieved the bracelets in the mail with a bill of $40.84. Now I'm suppose to call and get instructions on how to send it back it must be shipped to them by via a traceable method such as UPS or insured parcel post, I didn't order it and am just putting it back in the mail, they don't get it then its there problem

Singtelprepaid blackberry plan

I am a Singtel prepaid card user. I subscribed to a Prepaid Blackberry Plan on the 25-01-2011. After all the procedure I received a message saying that I have successfully purchased Prepaid Blackberry for Individual 30 days and thus my main balance was deducted by S$20. So I have my blackberry phone restarted and tried using my blackberry messenger but I can't connect at all. I thought this might be connection error or some system error and waited for 2 days. After the 2 days I called Singtel's customer service hotline twice and each call for nearly 30 minutes. It was different operator who answered my call but the both of them gave me the same instruction. The second operator who answered my call gave me the same instruction as the previous operator although I have explained to them that I have called before and I have followed the instructions given by the previous operator. In the end the second operator told me to go to the Singtel's customer service directly.
                              On February 1st 2011 I went to Singtel's customer service at Sommerset. I queued for about 15 minutes for my turn. I told the customer service there about my problem and handed my phone to him. He took my handphone for 5 minutes and returned it to me and told me to go to Singtel Blackberry Service just beside the current building. So I went there and again queued for another good 15 minutes. When my turn came, I again explained to the customer service there about my problem and handed my phone to him. After a few minutes, he handed me back my phone and told me to call 1688. Then I proceeded to call that number and talk to the operator. The operator then told me the exact same instructions that I get from the 2 previous call to Singtel's customer service hotline although I have explained to her that I have called Singtel's customer service before and had done all the instructions given. This time the operator is being smart, she told me that if I still can't connect, I have to call to this very number [protected]. After I ended the call I did all the instructions given by her again but I still can't connect. The moment I called the number she gave me, i just realized that the number she gave me is Singtel's customer service number!!

I am truly mad and disappointed by how they treat their customers despite being the largest telecommunication provider in Singapore. I have heard about tons of people complaining about Singtel's customer service and that their customer service is the worst in Singapore, but still I didn't believe in what people said until now when I have been enlightened about their horrible customer service.

Singtelsms subscription services

Upon signing up a mobile plan or re-contract plan by SingTel, I was registered for 3 SMS subscription services (Reuters Asia News, Straits Times Spore News, Inspirational Voice) without my knowledge. I was charged $0.09 for each service. It was made especially hard for anyone to cancel the subscription as the only way is to contact a person on the technical helpline. By right, it should be in the menu for cancelling value-added services. This kind of behavior is unreasonable and unethical, and it is not the first time that SingTel has screwed the consumer over. Rest assure that I will never pay for any SingTel services again.

Respond

Singtel — errors in billing multiple times-no solution, continued to bill, poor response from complaint email to singtel

The long history of poor services started last Christmas when my mobile phone line was terminated on...

Singteleveryting

I am very upset and desperate about the customer service of Singtel and the customer service hotline is not able to help me with the issue, I will reproduce this letter to all the public media to draw their attention to this incident and will like to cut all my exisiting contract with Singtel if I did not receive any reply within today.

The multiple lapses by your company staff are as follows:

1) I have called on 13Sep10 to terminate my existing broadband service w.e.f 15Oct10. The staff have promised to do it for me and the charge of broadband will be pro rata until 15Oct10, my next month bill (Oct 10) will reflect it accordingly.

2) In addition, I added that there is a SGD 0.09 charge for ringtone reflected on my bill while unsubsrcitpion of the ring tone was done by me very long ago. Once again, your staff also promised that she will refund me SGD0.09 and it would be reflected on my next month (Oct10) bill. She directed me to pay SGD0.09 less of the reflected amount (i.e. SGD106.26 instead of SGD106.35) and the outstanding amount would be offset automatically on my Oct10 bill

3) I trusted that the staff has done her job and did not pursue further.

4) I received my Oct10 bill 2 days ago. And noticed that the staff did not do any amendments on the bill AT ALL. My broadband service was not terminated. I was told to pay until 03Nov10 for the whole month fee. And there was still an outstanding amount of SGD 0.09 roll over from the previous bill. (Which means that the staff on the phone did not execute anything after our conservation.) I was very upset as I have spent about 45mins to explain to her the whole issue. But it was not sovled.

5) After noticing the discrepency on my bill, I called immediately on 08Oct 10:00am to enquire.
                                  1) Staff A did not solve my problem
                                  2) I have spent 30mins again explaining to Staff B the whole issue (whose name is Fiona). She agreed to get the approval from her department head and informed me that she will need some time to resolve the issue. She promised to call me back in 2hrs. We both agree on the phone that I would be expecting a call from Singtel to explain all the discrepency and a revised bill before 1:30pm
                                  3) I did not receive a call until 2:00pm. I called 1688 agained and waited 30mins for the line to be connected. Staff C picked up the call and I requested to speak to Fiona. She said there was no Fiona in the department. I did not want to explain the above issues again as I have already spoken to 02 Singtel staff (A & B) and nobody could help me. I requested to speak to the manager. She refused. She was explaining that there are different departments in Singtel. And even I told her the problem now, she may not be able to help!

6) It once again demonstrated how dedicate and responsible Singtel staff is.