[Resolved] Singles50dating site

P Jun 06, 2018

I found this site through a promoted post on instagram. I signed up and was required to subscribe to a free trail with automatic renewal after 4 weeks at a fee of €18.64. It clearly states in terms and conditions that if you are not satisfied with the site you cancel the automatic direct debit. I quickly discovered that the site is a scam and when I attempt to
Access my settings to cancel the subscription it does not allow access. It also does not allow me to delete my profile. This is against data protection rules. I have sent 12 emails including with a letter from my lawyer in an attempt to get confirmation of my request to cancel the renewal subscription. I received no response. I have reported the company to my thd police on line fraud squad, the european consumer center and thd tax authorities in ireland. I have emailed this to the customer service but they never respond which leads me to believe even further that this company is a scam. I think a real investigation needs to take place and I am following up. The police here in ireland have told me that they will pursue my complaint and contact luxemburg police and they publish an address in luxembourg. Probably a fake address.

If you come across 50singles, do not, do not sign up or you will be ripped off. This is a money making scam site. If you google them lots of negative and similar information comes up.

Patricia
Dublin
Ireland
#singles50

dating site

• Updated by PatriciaDublin · Apr 17, 2019

Hi Zoya, ignore there threat of a debt collector. They will find it very difficult to get away with that and it’s a bullying tactic I sure. Once a scammer always a scammer.

• Updated by Be2 · Jul 17, 2019

just email us at cs @ singles50 . com and we will ensure you cancellation is processed, but we cannot discuss personal or financial matters on this public forum where people have access to it. Please be sure to add https://www.complaintsboard.com in your email subject header. On behalf of the singles50 Customer Service Team.

• Updated by Beve68 · Sep 23, 2019

I just went my account cancelled

• Ki
    Kiki Roosli Jun 27, 2018

Same happened to me. I'm fuming. They have taken €99.99 out of my account as a supposed renewal of the 4 weeks I signed up for at €4.99 a week!?! I'm on the case but now worried.

PatriciaDublin Jun 28, 2018

@Kiki Roosli My advise is to cancel your card and get s new one. Report them to your bank and to your local police.

Amirah Theresa Apr 25, 2019

@Kiki Roosli @Kiki Roosli, did you pay their charges? How did you sort this out. I just really need an advice on what to do. Thanks.

Amirah Theresa Apr 25, 2019

@PatriciaDublin @PatriciaDublin did anybody come to you to collect?

• Ks
    KS4 Nov 02, 2018

Take all the advice here... DO NOT go anywhere near this site. All comments are true as I have experienced this myself. I’ve had to contact my bank and pass all my correspondence to the relevant authorities.. I was scammed for 600e.. K

• Lo
    LoStraniero91 Dec 09, 2018

To cancel the subscription you need to send a form to a non-existent address. They have no phone number and a dead fax.
    They scammed my mother, now I'm going to make them pay. Avoid this filthy rathole of scammers!

• Da
    Daphne Ahrendt Dec 11, 2018

They are a very intimidating bunch. After cancelling my card, I have now received a letter from a global collection service. Has this happened to anyone else? I have no idea how they found my address, but next think you know, there will be someone at my door...and I'm sure it won't exactly be the kind of guy I was looking for on the dating site.
    What would you advice? Ignore or pay after all?

Amirah Theresa Apr 25, 2019

@Daphne Ahrendt @Daphne I recently got notices feom Singles50 about payment reminder. And you are right they are intimidating. Just want to ask if you paid after all? I just want to be rid of them.

joejab Nov 22, 2019

@Daphne Ahrendt How did it go, I just go a letter today. What did you do?

• Ai
    Aine Tiernan Feb 19, 2020

@Amirah Theresa Hi, did anyone find out how real the debt collectors threats are please??

I had same problems :(

• Ka
    katoebbb Dec 31, 2018

€300 taken from my mams account in Ireland! Do not use this page !! SCAM SCAM SCAM

[email protected] Jan 05, 2019

This morning at 3am I received an sms from my bank informing me that R1 999 was taken off my credit card by Singles50.
    I never subscribed to the Premium membership. How is this legal?

Ma se P Jul 04, 2019

@[email protected] I am wondering the same!!! This amount made my creditcard go over the limit!!

• Ed
    Eddie Joubert Jan 24, 2019

This is a Scam to cancel one has to send them a scanned letter signed by you to them or a fax.
    If you do not have a scanner or a fax you will have to pay their fee even after you have deactivated.
    Eddie Joubert

• Fl
    Fleur Davey Jan 29, 2019

I've just gone through this too
    $300 nzl withdrawn.
    Want my money back
    Anyone being successful in getting a refund
    In this day age fax machines not used and write a letter really.

• Vi
    Vivien Brown Feb 21, 2019

@Fleur Davey Yes happened to me too...sites bs as well no one even replies...they say they are interested according to customer service. but doubt profiles even exist. Cancel your card asap...report to netsafe..email the clowns . Its a total scam

Claudia2 May 08, 2019

@Fleur Davey I got my money back through NZ bank.

Ma se P Jul 04, 2019

@Claudia2 Wonderful! My bank says that if you give your card details online, they can't help...

Be2 Jul 05, 2019

@Ma se P please email us as cs @ singles50 . com with complaintsboard.com in the subject field and we will get back to you directly, we cannot discuss payments on this public forum. Thanks in advance from the be2 customer service team.

bettynedwob Mar 20, 2019

Hello all This has just happened to me too I signed up for one month at 29 euro for the month only a couple of weeks ago to try the site out but 50 euro has been taken from my account today without my consent Does anybody know if Sarah Fitzpatrick Customer Service has a telephone number please?

PatriciaDublin Mar 20, 2019

@bettynedwob It’s a scam, she is a scam artist so I don’t think you have any chance of talking to her. Change your bank details and report her to your local police.

Be2 Mar 27, 2019

@bettynedwob Hi bettynedwob, please contact the customer service team at cs @singles50.com, please add complaintsboard.com to the subject header of your email and we'll be sure to resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. Sorry we cannot discuss personal details and payments on this public forum. Thank you, on behalf of the singles50 customer service team.

Be2 Mar 27, 2019

@PatriciaDublin Hi PatriciaDublin, if you've got a query or wish to contact us please do so by emailing cs @singles50.com putting complaintsboard.com in the subject header. We can assure you that we are not a scam and we will reply to all emails received. Thank you, on behalf of the singles50 customer service team.

PatriciaDublin Mar 27, 2019

@Be2 Hi, you singles50 is a total scam, I had to cancel my card as you were taking money for no service. And there was absolutely no customer service.

• Ca
    Catherine of Aragon Oct 12, 2019

@Be2 *****************WARNING SINGLES50 SCAM*************************

DO NOT SIGN UP TO SINGLES50 EXTORTION RACKET. THEY PRETEND YOU SIGN UP FOR ONE MONTH. It would be easier to get out of the pits of hell than out of the grips of these robbers. This is sharp practice. STAY AWAY FROM SINGLES50 SCAMMING ROBBERS. They will keep taking 50 euro a month while you email them about cessation of service. It is extremely difficult to stop them deducting money. The quickest way is to cancel your card when you cancel the account. I don't know how they're allowed continue.
    *****************WARNING SINGLES50 SCAM*************************

@Catherine of Aragon Hi Catherine,

we're sorry to hear about your issues. Please contact us directly at cs @ singles50 . com from your registered email address and add ''complaintsboard.com'' into the Subject header.

Thank you in advance!

• De
    Denis Cole Apr 10, 2019

I'm trying to pay for 1 month of service with my cc ending in 0147 but the site blocked me because it says to many attempts on card. So it said I have to email customers service to let you know that I am having issues paying for membership. Please help

Be2 Apr 16, 2019

@Denis Cole The team will look into your payment log, but we cannot discuss personal information on her as it is a public forum and we strongly advise you do not post personal details on open forums. From the Singles50 customer service team.

PatriciaDublin Apr 16, 2019

@Denis Cole Your lucky Denis, stay away from this site, it’s a scam. Patricia

• Zo
    ZoyaM Apr 17, 2019

@Be2 Hi, your singles50 is a total scam. I have signed up for 6 months, but found this site is awful, so before my 6 month finish, I have sent email to cancel my membership & informed them that I do not wish to renew. however I have received reply to informed me I need to write a letter, singed the letter & email to them, which I have done that 1 month before my 6 months finish. but I have received email from them to inform me that my next 6 months payment failed due to I have changed my paypal details. I have replied to them also forwarded the email of my cancellation email to them, however, I have received reply from them says: thank you for your message, then copy the late pay notice below, they didn't mention anything about the email regarding cancellation request that I have sent to them. so I sent another email & forward everything again, also asked them to provide contact phone number, but my email was not answered, instead they have sent another Payment reminder. I am so fed up with this constant harassment!!! they inform me to pay another over $300 or they will send my information to debt collection agency. not once they have mentioned about my cancellation request sent to them more than 1 month before the 6 months was finished, I am thinking about contact a lawyer or something. DO NOT ever use this site!!! Zoya

Be2 May 07, 2019

@ZoyaM Dear Zoya, Sorry to hear of your situation - I would like you to contact us at cs @ be2 . com and put 'complaints board . com' in the subject header so that we can look into the matter. Thank you in advance from the be2/ singles50 customer service team.

Claudia2 May 08, 2019

@Be2 Do not contact Be2. They are scamming you. If you really feel you have to contact them. Demand they close your account and delete all your details from their databases. Then tell them never to contact you again as it is a breach of your privacy. Attach a signature, . Just your initials not your proper signature because they will steal your signature. Demand they close your account and tell them you never asked for any membership, do not want their services and they are to refund you immediately. THEN NEVER CONTACT THEM AGAIN. go through your bank to get back your money. Cancel your credit card and get a new one. Block any emails from Be2 and report them as spam. They are con artists.

Claudia2 May 08, 2019

Be2 are con artists. A complete scam. If they have made a withdrawal from your account, contact your bank immediately (preferably in writing, email or through your bank mobile banking app secure message) and inform them an unauthorised fraudulent transaction has been made on your account and you would like it reversed immediately. Then block and and cancel your credit/debit card immediately. My bank got my money back for me this way, though it took 3 weeks. Be2 will then send you threatening and harassing emails about debt collection and legal action. Do not answer them. Block their email addresses used and report the email addresses as scams. Be2 has scammed hundreds if not thousands of people and then use scare tactics to get money from their victims. They pretty on the fact that you may not want to disclose that you used their dating site or that you will pay them to leave you alone. Ignore them. I have researched and I have not found one post online where Be2 actually took anyone to court or followed up with debt collection. They are scamming you do not pay a cent.

• Ni
    Nicola Weavers Jul 15, 2019

@Claudia2 Hi. Thank you for the information. I am actually on the way to the bank now to try and get my money back. Same old story as everyone else on here...they signed me up to Premiership without my consent and taking money out of my account.

Andrew OBrien May 12, 2019

Hi
    Joined up a couple of weeks ago saw a girl I liked sent a message long story short she wasn't who she said she was I've tried to cancel this service without luck you tell me to go places to do it and you can't do it as like a log of people I would like my money back

Be2 May 14, 2019

@Andrew OBrien Dear Andrew, you can cancel by email, fax or post - if you're not sure how to do it just email us at cs @ singles50 . com and we will ensure you cancellation is processed, we will also take a look at your refund request but we cannot discuss personal or financial matters on this public forum where people have access to it. Please be sure to add complaintsboard.com in your email subject header. On behalf of the singles50 Customer Service Team.

• Wa
    Wayne Taylor Jun 05, 2019

These bastards automatically deducted over $200 from my credit card without my approval and cannot cancel. They have a convoluted process to cancel which can only be done by FAX - who sends faxes these days? No contact number or email address.
    CROOKS!!!

• El
    Elizabeth Schult Jun 15, 2019

I wished to cancel my premium subscription but had to do this by fax, I don't have access to any fax machine and now they have taken another $300 from my account which I cannot afford. How can my subscription be cancelled without access to a fax? Every other dating service is much easier to cancel online

Thanks Elizabeth Schult

• Mi
    Mike Crosbie Jul 10, 2019

They have taken money out my account without my permission, i wish to cancel the account and get my money back, its a nightmare, there is no contact details

• St
    StellaBella71 Sep 10, 2019

Good day
    When I registered there was a special on the site for R 49.99 or something for 4weeks' membership.

The amount debited on my bank account is R199.92.

Why is that? Can you please refund me?

@StellaBella71 Dear Stella,

we are very sorry to hear about your complaint - please do contact us at cs @ singles50 . com from your registered email address and add ''complaintsboard.com'' into the Subject header.

Thank you and wish you a pleasant day!

• Ag
    Aguado Sep 17, 2019

Bonjour,
    Je voudrais effacer mon profil, mais n'y parviens pas. Pouvez_ vous le faire pour moi? Merci.
    Cordialement.
    Joëlle Aguado.

@Aguado Hi Aguado,

please contact us directly at cs @ singles50 . com from your registered email address and add ''complaintsboard.com'' into the Subject header.

on behalf of the Singles50 Customer service Team.

Beve68 Sep 29, 2019

I want to cancel my subscription and there is no link to do this just a maiing address
    I have done this with no success.

I have been advised by email they are taking legal action

I can not contact anyone I was this cancelled or will take legal action myself

@Beve68 Hi 'Beve',

Thank you in advance!

Angeline Ng Jan 04, 2020

There is very few matches & do not fit what i am looking for. I am also unable to close my account as very limited help is given on your website on how to close it. Very lousy experience overall

Customer Service be2 Jan 21, 2020

@Angeline Ng Hi Angeline!

Please contact us directly at:

cs @ singles50 . com

Please use your registered email address and add ''complaintsboard.com'' into the Subject header of the email.

Janetteeeastwood Jan 15, 2020

After refund was advertised at 19.99 but charged 239.76

Customer Service be2 Jan 21, 2020

@Janetteeeastwood Hello Janette,

We are very sorry to hear about your issues.

Please contact us directly at cs @ singles50 . com from your registered email address and add ''complaintsboard.com'' into the Subject header of your email.

Thank you and wish you a pleasant day,

• Ro
    rocky007 Mar 02, 2020

The site will not log on and I get a message the site is not currently available.
    I can give much more information. I get profiles sent tome but cannot take any action.
    If this is not rectified I will request REFUND.

• Ji
    Jint7676 Mar 15, 2020

I was charged for SGD300 plus but the subscription stated as SGD12.88!
    For new subscriber, please be very careful on this.

• Da
    Dantell May 01, 2020

Scam, scam, and scam!!!
    firstly: sorry guys, I don't speak well English.

Yesterday received an email from CMS collection company( german company)

NEVER before this email, I didn't receive any warning or reminder from anyone.

I spoke over the phone with Sarah, and she told me that I don't need to be worried about the cancellation, she said, that will be sorted out. I called her after a few days using the be2 site.

next week I'm gonna police or court, check out whats going on with these people who send this.

• De
    Debbie Wade Aug 01, 2020

You deducted R196 off my account on 22 June. Which was a monthly premium which I agreed to.
    On the 22 July an amount of R999 was deducted from my credit card without my authorization.
    Please reverse this immediately and cancel my subscription.
    Please could you revert as to how this happened as I did not approve it.