Menu

Shutterstock  -  Charge I did not approve

Y
Author of the complaint
7:40 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought one image from Shutterstock in Dec 2021 and knew and approved the charge. In Feb 22 I browsed images and downloaded 6 textures that I thought were small and would have the shutterstock watermark which was what I needed (free). I was notified by Paypal that I was billed three times 29$ for three 365day plans without my approval or my knowledge! I have no idea what this plan is. I called to resolve this and the customer service man was extremely unhelpful and could not do anything to reverse the charges. When I purchased the 1 image back in DEC I was not asked to join any plan, yearly or on demand. I paid 21$ and that was it. apparently what I I purchased was an "on Demand" plan for two images and they automatically put me on this plan for future downloads without my approval. I did not know it. I am very careful to understand charges. the Shutterstock man said I purchased on demand. I did not do such thing and and can prove with screen shots that the page does not alert you, you are about to make any purchase or join any plan. I would not willingly purchase 3 expensive monthly plans in less than one hour at 29$ for only two images each. After this encounter I searched for reviews and found to my horror that was not the only one scammed.

View 0 more photos

More Shutterstock complaints & reviews

Shutterstock - Terrible company!
Shutterstock - unauthorized debit