The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Sedgwick CMS — playing games
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I injured my back while working for Kohl's. Luckily, I had Sedgwick CMS as my worker's comp carrier *insert sarcasm*. The injury happened at the end of August 2009, it is now the beginning of May 2010. The adjusters at Sedgwick will do everything in their power to delay any medical care needed and deny coverage of doctor/specialist visits + medications. The specialists that they do cover (if you are lucky) are hasty in their evaluations and incompetent at best.
I did manage to get two months of physical therapy covered, from October through December. Sedgwick then took it upon themselves to "close" my case without notifying me in January, while I was still seeing my doctor and filling prescriptions, which won't be covered.
Throughout this whole ordeal I wanted a second opinion on my back. Sedgwick sent me to my doctor for another evaluation, refused to pay the bill, and is trying to get me to see the original incompetent orthopedic surgeon for a second opinion?
Another fun-filled game they play is "ignore phone calls for as long as possible." It's a blast, really. You call your Sedgwick adjuster, leave an urgent message, and allow them to ignore you for as long as they can stand it. Leave more messages over a two week period and wait for the call to be returned (if ever).
Moral of the Story: If you get injured at work and they have Sedgwick CMS as their provider, get a lawyer early on. You can also be a fool like me and play their games until the pain wreaks havoc on your everyday lifestyle and then consider a lawyer. It's your choice, but I strongly suggest you don't be a fool.
More Sedgwick CMS Complaints & Reviews
- Sedgwick CMS - disability benefits
- Sedgwick CMS - obtain my personal medical records without my authorization and permission
- Sedgwick CMS - false complaint service
- Sedgwick CMS - short term disability
- Sedgwick Insurance - sears home delivery damage claim
- Sedgwick Claims Management Services - service provided
- Sedgwick Claims Management - lack of service, delays, lies
- Sedgwick Claims Management - housing claim submitted
- Sedgwick - workers compensation
- Sedgwick Claims Management - workers compensation