SCScarpet

M Nov 07, 2019

Hi,

I would like to complain about carpet that we purchased from SCS. We have recently purchased a sofa on finance and as agreed it was delivered in 4 weeks, part of the deal was that if we purchased a carpet we could get 20% off. We went onto order a carpet and underlay for our bedroom. We have just recently moved house and are in the process of decorating. We were given a delivery date and we rang to confirm the fitting of the carpet a few days before only to be told that the order had not been completed correctly and the fitting would not take place. This is after I dismantled the wardrobes and bed as directed by the sales man in SCS and emptied the bedroom out as well as booking a day off work. We were offered a discount off the overall price as a good will gesture but not given an amount. The fitting of the carpet was then booked in for today, Thursday the 7th November. This morning the carpet turned up and the fitter unrolled the carpet to find it was faulty, there were lines running through it and it was not fit for purpose so he took the carpet away. This is after again I took the wardrobes and bed down and emptied the bedroom. I contacted the shop in St Helens and eventually a stand in manager called "Les" spoke to me and obverse £50 off the overall price and said they could fit a new carpet in a few weeks. We are currently sleeping on a mattress on a wooden floor as I am not prepared to put the bedroom furniture up again and have to take it down for a third time. I am now going to cancel this order but I am left extremely disappointed with the level of customer service by the locals showroom. My partner rang today also and the stand in manager was rude. She has taken today off work to allow for the fitting of the carpet.

Can you please let me know how you propose to solve this matter.

Attached is a photo of our bedroom currently empty with no furniture other than a mattress in the floor.

Mark Smith