Having problems with Scribd?

Scribd Customer Service Contacts

460 Bryant Street, № 100
San Francisco, California
United States - 94107-2594

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Scribd Customer Service. Initial Scribd complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Scribd above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Scribd. Discuss the issues you have had with Scribd and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Scribd Complaints & Reviews

ScribdUnauthorized credit card charges

Good day,

I want to complain regarding the unauthorized charges on my credit card. I have never subscribed for anything from your company, Scribd. I have not downloaded your app or been to your homepage before. You dont have any right to charge me regarding any product.

The first and only charge is from last month, nov 13.

Stop steeling my money

• Updated by Reynir Freyr Jakobsson · Nov 20, 2019

sorry not last month but this month

• Updated by Reynir Freyr Jakobsson · Nov 20, 2019

I see this is happening a lot from other complaints. How is this happening?

• Scribd's response · Nov 20, 2019

Hi Reynir, our team can definitely help you with this! Please email [email protected] with the details and update this review to include your ticket # so we can connect as soon as possible. Thanks!

ScribdMy bank account I think is being hacked

9.99 was taken out from this company and i never subscribed or have been to san francisco and i would like a return of my money and try to figure out why the money was taken in the first place. i'm not sure what this website is and i'm not sure if i am being hacked but i noticed the transaction taken out and knew it was not me. i hope you can help me and give me a return and we can figure this out.

Nov 05, 2019

Scribd — Scribd membership

So, a month or so ago, I subscribed for the Scribd free membership trial, thinking that I might need it. In...

ScribdUnauthorized charges and avoidance

Hi Scridb,

I cancelled my 30-day free trial with you back in April. It is October. You have been renewing my trial and charging me, now, for 6 months without my consent. You have ignored my requests. When I go to cancel, I am unable-- you keep renewing even after I've cancelled. I an unable to remove my payment details from your site--- the functionality does not work. I have email several times asking for you to cancel the subscription for good, remove my payment details, and refund me for the money you've been taking through unethical and poor business practices. You have ignored my emails. I will be filing a complaint everywhere I possibly can.

Unauthorized charges and avoidance

• Scribd's response · Oct 22, 2019

Hi there, could you please update this review to include your ticket number? If you haven't created a ticket yet, please email the details to us at [email protected] and you'll receive it in an automatic reply. We'd like to connect with you asap to resolve this. Thanks!

ScribdScribd

I didnt made any plans with them, I only used gmail account to log in with, and that was enough for them to use my email address and charge my by PayPal.
        I couldn't even find a registered Scribd account under my email, nothing from them till got mail from Paypal, noticing me that Scribd charged me. After that, i see a lot of people were scammed by this website

• Scribd's response · Oct 22, 2019

Hi Charna, could you please email the details to [email protected] an update this review with your ticket number so that we can connect with you about this? Thanks! We look forward to getting this resolved for you very soon.

Scribdunauthorized credit card charges

Once I registered Scribd site for the one month free trial offer and never used the services after a the one month free trial period. I couldn't even find a registered scribd account under any of my emails addresses.
          I have sent all the bank statements that shows the SCRIBD charges on my account. Please cancel this payment from now onwards and make arrangements to refund the money you have been charging to my credit card. Every month $8.99 is getting deducted from my bank account without any authorization.

• Scribd's response · Oct 21, 2019

Hi Sree, we're sorry to hear about the trouble and would like to help! It sounds like you've already contacted [email protected] about this. If so, could you please update this review with your ticket number so that we can escalate your case and connect with you as soon as possible? Thanks!

Scribdcharging my account when i've never even signed up

Hello,

My account has been charged $8.99 from your company. However, I have not signed up for any free trial of any sort from your company and in fact, have never even heard of this company until today when I checked my bank account. This is pretty concerning to me. I seriously hope this can be resolved soon and will be looking out for any further charges from places I haven't heard of

Thank you...

• Scribd's response · Oct 21, 2019

Hi Reiyana, we're sorry to hear about the confusion and unexpected charge! Our team can definitely look into this with you. Please email the details to [email protected] then update this review to include your ticket #. Thanks!

Scribdcharging without permission

I tried a free 30 day trial subscription and canceled it within just a few days. I have no email correspondence from them from beginning or end. Since then I have been charged for TWO times without premission. My bank blocked my credit card so they can/t charge me anymore. I am so frustrated, and i did not even use Scribd since Free trial cancelation. I did not recieve email or noyification about charging me. Shame on you Scribd! Don't even give the "free" trial a chance!

• Scribd's response · Oct 19, 2019

Hi Selma - Upon review, it looks like one of our agents, Davian, was able to assist you in resolving this in support ticket #2353207. You have been refunded in accordance with our Refund Policy and you will be credited these funds within 3-5 business days. Please continue to follow up with Davian via email if you have any further questions or concerns. Thanks so much, and have a great day!

Scribdsubscription

I tried a free 30 day trial subscription and canceled it within just a few days or hours. I have no email correspondence from them from beginning or end. It was May 8 when I canceled and I've just been charged for the third time. No way other than a form or FB to contact them. I can't log into my account because I CANCELLED IT! Don't even give the "free" trial a chance.

• Scribd's response · Oct 03, 2019

Hi there, our web-based team is here to help! Please email the details to [email protected] then update this review to include your ticket # so that we can connect you to an account specialist to make this right asap. Thanks!

Scribdcomplaint

I cancelled my Scrbid subscription and contacted your Customer Care through Facebook providing my card details and the the debit to my account AFTER cancellation. The charge has not yet been reversed and I have just been debited AGAIN.

Below are the two confirmations for which I demand an immediate reversal.

Your credit card ***** was used to make a Purchase of USD 8.99 done at Scribd Inc on 31.08.19 at 15:33:49 hrs.

Your credit card ***** was used to make a Purchase of USD 8.99 done at Scribd Inc on 30.09.19 at 15:33:42 hrs

ScribdComplaint

After using their free service, Scribd secretly put me on their paid service without my knowing. They deceptively charged me for 7 months without my knowing, despite me never using their service in those 7 months. When I complained to Scribd, they only refunded the last month. Essentially they stole $54 from me without my knowing and all I got was a free book I could've got for $5. Shady company, they make it hard to cancel your membership. Stay far away

• Scribd's response · Sep 30, 2019

Hi there, we're so sorry to hear about the trouble here. We'd like to review your case and escalate it to an account specialist. Please update this review with your ticket number team will reach out shortly. Thank you!

Hi,

I'm complaining in regards to unauthorized credit card charges since july 2019 to my amex credit card. I am extremely frustrated as you have been charging $8.99 a month on my credit card without my consent for the past 2 months. I'm requesting a full refund and cancellation following the months since july 2019. I expect to hear from you as soon as possible. You can reach me at [protected]@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance

• Scribd's response · Sep 29, 2019

Hi Isuru - A member of our support team can definitely look into this for you. Please email us at [email protected], then update your review with your ticket number and a member of our team will reach out to you shortly. Thanks!

Scribdscribd inc

Why the hell is my account debited with Rs. 639.87 when I have never subscribed to your services! I was shocked when I got an alert saying the transaction has been done via my HDFC debit card on 20th of Sept 2019 ! I never used scribd inc or any of their services, got to know about them only after this incident. I want that amount back immediately!

scribd inc

• Scribd's response · Sep 23, 2019

Hi there! A member of our support team can definitely look into this for you. Please email us at [email protected], then update your review with your ticket number and a member of our team will reach out to you shortly. Thanks!

Scribdscribd membership

15/09/2019
                          I have no idea how I just got charged for a Scribd Inc membership for INR 666.15 without ever having subscribed to the free trial. Good thing I checked my bank statement. How did you even get access to my debit card info!?
                          There are several other complaints on this forum which report the same thing.
                          I need a full refund as soon as possible.

scribd membership

• Scribd's response · Sep 16, 2019

• Updated by Kashish Khandelwal · Sep 16, 2019

Support ticket number: 2311851

Scribdunauthorized credit card charges

I'm complaining in regards to unauthorized credit card charges on September 4th. Even though I cancelled my subscription on September 4th and received a confirmation e-mail, today, September 12th, I was charged USD 8, 99 again.

I already submitted a complaint on Scribd, but due to the gravity of the situation I'm also reporting here.

Supporting ticket #2306361.

I'm expecting a full refund on this unauthorized charge. Please act promptly so I cand update the case.

Regards,

Diego Franco

RESOLVED

I was contacted by Scribd support crew explaining a full refund should be provided, which indeed was shortly after. I'm looking forward to not having to deal with this problem again. Thank you.

Scribdscribd / unauthorized credit card charges

In June 2019 i have created a membership for my account, which i only use for a couple of weeks. Near the end of June, not needing the account anymore, i have use the intended flow that you have to cancel the subscription, and also i have deleted my account at that time.

Today, i have noticed that for the last 2 months, even though i no longer have an active account, i have still been charged for the subscription. How is this possible?

The account was using the following email address: [protected]@gmail.com

I want to be refunded for the last 2 months, where i have paid the full subscription even though my account has been closed. Also, make sure that the subscription is now actually closed.

• Scribd's response · Sep 02, 2019

Aug 27, 2019

Scribd Inc — unauthorized credit card charges

Good day, I want to complain regarding the unauthorized charges on my credit card. I have never subscribed...

Scribdscribd inc / unauthorized card charges / never subscribed even free trial

I don't understand how do you guys get my credit card info and start charging. I rarely check my credit card statement . I found that SCRIBD has been charging me at least for the last 1 year i recently found out.

When i log in scribd to check, I dont even have an active account, no payment history, no subscription.

What the hell is going on?

Please refund all charges to my credit card AMEX Card # [protected])
                                my email [protected]@gmail.com

• Scribd's response · Aug 18, 2019

Hi Hazwan - Apologies for the troubles, a member of our support team can definitely help you with this! Please email us at [email protected], then update your review with your ticket number and a member of our team will reach out to you shortly. Thanks!

Aug 03, 2019

Scribd — online scams

Hi, I received a notification from my bank saying that I was charged 8.99 since 2018 until now, from Scribd...

Aug 05, 2019

Scribd — Contractor document uploaded

I am complaining about the document that uploaded under my name.Even since i dont have account on the web...