Scribd company logo
reviews & complaints
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

207 complaints
157 resolved 50 unresolved

This account has been claimed by Scribd customer service / representatives through our verification process.

Scribd reviews & complaints

Scribd complaints 207

Scribd - Private information about me is on their website without my consent

I am writing a complaint for the website/business Scribd because they have added my personal resume to their library without my knowledge or consent. I'm not sure who uploaded it, but I would like for it to be deleted as soon as possible. My private information is on the document that I do not want on the internet for anyone to find because it's private and it's a safety concern. The solution would be for Scribd to remove the document from their website forever. Here is a link to the document I would like deleted: https://www.scribd.com/document/377517044/anna-offical-resume

Thank you for your concern and I appreciate your time and effort with the matter.

Desired outcome: Permanently delete the document.

W

[protected]

Purchase details
$10.76
Item #invoice-[protected]|order-[protected]|user-[protected]

I am being double billed by Scribd. The billings take place on the 4th and the 20th of each month. This started in May of 2021 and still continued to the present month of December. Please refund my account for the double billings and fix the account so it only bills ONCE a month. Thank you and a response to [protected]@yahoo.com is requested. William

Desired outcome: credit my account for the over charges and fix the problem so I only am charged once a month

Scribd - Scribd Subscription

I cancelled my Scribd Subscription two months ago, but I'm still getting charged $10.81 each month.

Choosing to cancel my subscription online was a relatively easy process, and my account no longer even shows any payment information associated with my account.

I'd like to know why my PayPal account continues to be charged for a service I have cancelled!

Desired outcome: REAL cancellation, no future charges, refund of overcharges since cancellation.

Scribd - Scribd

Date: 14/12/2021
Full description: I cancelled my Scribd subscription but was still charged £9.99 on 13 Nov 2021 (1 month) and 13 Dec 2021 (1 month).
Outcome: Full refund from Scribd for £9.99 charge on 13 Nov 2021 (1 month) and £9.99 charge on 13 Dec 2021 (1 month). My Scribd membership ended October 2021 and no further charges should have been taken.

Desired outcome: Complete cancellation of subscription to Scribd and complete refund

R
Dec 05, 2021

Scribd - Full refund of all annual charges occurring after 2016

I used Scribd while in school to access textbooks and noted. Six years later, I receive a notification that my account information has been changed. My name was then listed as "Muhammad." I noticed several textbooks under recently viewed that were in a different language, and one with an inappropriate title. My account had been hacked. Upon further review of my account, I see that Scribd has changed an annual subscription fee for the last several years, never bothering to send a purchase confirmation or receipt via email.

I contacted Scribd support, which has become a slow tennis match via email. The Scribd support team refuses to call and continues asking for sensitive payment information via email.

Scribd - Subscription need to be cancelled

I have been trying to cancel months of payments to this company. I have not been successful. I have not used these services in over 4 months. However, this company has received 4-5 months of payments from my account. I want this cancelled. They do not make it easy to do so. This is an issue. I would like four months refunded.

The email is either [protected]@gmail.com or [protected]@yahoo.com.

Scribd - This company stollen my money, unauthorized credit card charges

I recently notice a charge on my bank account from your company. I did not authorize this purchase. The first time I heard anything about it was when I saw the charges in my bank account in the last year. I have tried to contact the company to no avail. I wish to cancel this membership immediately and I want to be refunded for this unauthorized charge.
Have a great day

Vincze Cozocea

Scribd - Won't honor cancelation that I've screenshots of

I found that this service was a load of uploaded junk & those docs that you do want to downloaded gave you the inability to do so. I decided to cancel prior to my free trial ran out. Well then they went ahead a billed me $9.99 without my consent and I have screenshot of cancelation prior to trial period running out. Now for September & October of 2021 they've billed me. I'm going to write the California AG and demand full refund. This kind of business "tactic" should not be allowed.

Desired outcome: Full 2 month refund

Scribd - Monthly Subscription

On 2019-10-25 I signed up for a trial scribd account so I could download one file. I downloaded that file on the same day. I have now subsequently been charged twice by scribd.

$13.89
24/12/2019
SCRIBD INC

$14.31
24/11/2019
SCRIBD INC

I never used scribd even once during these monthly periods and have ever only used scribd once during that trial period. These charges are absolutely unfair. I actually contacted my credit card company to put a block on my credit card and cancel it as I saw some unusual charges that I did not know where they came from. They subsequently uncovered to me that these charges were from scribd. I decided to not pursue the chargeback claim further and instead deal with scribd directly in good faith, with the reasonable expectation they would just refund me this amount.

However, scribd has been very very disappointing in this regard and unwilling to do anything. I should not be charged for a service I have never used and scribd should be sending out both reminder emails as well as confirmation of charges being made. This is unacceptable and I want a refund for this.

Request numbers incude: #3592996 and #2718646

Thankyou.

Desired outcome: Refund of 28.2

Scribd - Unauthorised Charge

On 08 Sep 2021 I was charged £9.99 with the description "Scribd Schiphol NL 2156" but I haven't used Scribd for anything. I don't know that this could be, I dont even recall having an account for Scribd so I dont know how i could be charged for this, what is it, and how do I get my money back as whatever I am paying for is not something I want or intend to be paying for

Desired outcome: a refund

Scribd - Unauthorized credit card charges

Demand Refund OF $71.92 & Cancellation of whatever unauthorized service this is.
The following is a list from my Bank Statements of charges.

1. 08/19/2021 POS Debit - Visa Check Card 1335 - SCRIBD INC [protected] CA POS -$8.99
2. 07/19/2021 POS Debit - Visa Check Card 1335 - SCRIBD INC [protected] CA POS -$8.99
3. 06/21/2021 POS Debit - Visa Check Card 1335 - SCRIBD INC [protected] CA POS -$8.99
4. 05/19/2021 POS Debit - Visa Check Card 1335 - SCRIBD INC [protected] CA POS -$8.99
5. 04/19/2021 POS Debit - Visa Check Card 1335 - SCRIBD INC [protected] CA POS -$8.99
6. 03/18/2021 POS Debit - Visa Check Card 1335 - SCRIBD INC [protected] CA POS -$8.99
7. 02/16/2021 POS Debit - Visa Check Card 1335 - SCRIBD INC [protected] CA POS -$8.99
8. 01/05/2021 POS Debit - Visa Check Card 1335 - SCRIBD INC [protected] CA POS -$8.99
Donald R. Anderson

Desired outcome: Refund of all charges, removal from there list.

B
Sep 14, 2021

Scribd - Unauthorized Charges

In July 2021, I was charged for a Scribd subscription even though I've never heard of this company before. I called my bank and they said the only way to prevent this is to cancel my card and get a new one. So I did. After a month of getting my new card, here we are again, another charge from SCRIBD! I've seen a lot of complaints against this company and it appears that this is their modus operandi. This issue must be resolved ASAP! Taking a small amount of money from A LOT of people add up and who knows, this scam operation might be this company's bread and butter.

Desired outcome: Full refund of all the charges from my account

Scribd - cancellation

I subscribed to Scribd yesterday but I have difficulties cancelling it. The website isn't working.
Can you please cancel my subscription and delete my account as soon as possible? I gave my PayPal payment method but I couldn't get access to any free trial, so very disappointed with this online service. Please make sure cancellation is granted as I don't want any charge for a service I never used. Thank you.

My full name: Teresa Lorenzo
Account created: teresa4lorenzo-1
email addresses I tried to subscribe with: [protected]@gmail.com
[protected]@hotmail.com

A
Aug 29, 2021

Scribd - Fraudulent credit charge

Andrew Fulton: I have no scribd account. I do not know what company you are or what service you provide. I live in South Africa and I noticed a Scribd credit card charge for the last 3 mos being taken off of my credit card. I have contacted scribd support, but I only received an automated reply and no action taken or refund given. I contacted my bank on august 24 and contacted scribd on August 28, 2021.

The credit card transactions were processed this year on July 24 and aug 24, 2021 for the amount of approximately $10 USD each transaction.

I would like a full refund and a confirmation from scribd that my banking details are taken off of their subscription. Thank you.

You can reach me on: [protected]@eighty20.co.za

Desired outcome: I would like a full refund and a confirmation from scribd that my banking details are taken off of their subscription. Thank you

A

Scribd - Scribd Subscription

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am frustrated that I am being charged $9.89 a month by credit card even though I am not a Scribd subscription member.
I would like to cancel it immediately, but my account information in Scribd says "You do not have a membership" and the payment details say "No Card on file".
I am very upset with Scribd's confusing cancellation process. I would like to cancel the order as soon as possible and would appreciate your support.
K. Tsuzuki

L

Scribd - unauthorized credit card charges

Hi,

I'm complaining in regards to unauthorized credit card charges for August 2021 to my debit card and Scribd has been trying to charge my debit card since April 2021. I am extremely frustrated as you have been charging $8.99 a month on my debit card without my consent when I did not subscribe to Scribd Premium subscription. I had specifically address this issue through email. However, I did not receive any further feedback from my support ticket #3505409 and found out that I am still being charged even though I do not receive anything from you or use any of your services. I'm requesting a full refund and cancellation for my account. My email which I had created account for Scribd is [protected]@gmail.com. I expect to hear from you as soon as possible. You can reach me at [protected]@gmail.com.

Desired outcome: Refund and Account Cancellation

M
Aug 12, 2021

Hi Lily,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your billing issues. We are sorry for any confusion or inconvenience you may have experienced.

After further review, It looks like a specialist reached out to you already. Please feel free to follow up directly with the specialist with any further questions or concerns. Thanks-MR

Scribd - Unauthorized charges

I've tried cancelling subscription numerous times since April 2020. However, the charges continue to be deducted. I finally canceled my card to stop additional charges.

I have opened a ticket #3485294 with scribd and have not heard back.

Update: I heard back from Scribd and they said that I was the one who reactivated it - same day which makes no sense. Why would I cancel several times just to have it reactivated? As of today the message shows "will be canceled" when it should show canceled.

Desired outcome: Refund money

S
Aug 04, 2021

Hi Luciana,

Thank you for reaching out - We're happy to help!

Upon review, it looks like you've already been assisted by one of our agents in your mentioned support email ticket by now, and your case has been resolved.

If you have further questions regarding your account, please direct them back to the support ticket mentioned above so that we may best assist you. Thanks and have a great day! -AR

Thanks and have a great day!

Scribd - Unsolicited membership charges

Hello, I'm writing this complaint because my mom has been suffering from unwanted scribd membership charges ($12.99 a month) for a few months now. We have no idea why this is happening; both my sister and I had accounts but my mother's card was never used on any of them. We've tried getting help from you and from the bank to stop all this but so far no luck. Last month my mom even changed her debit card number in an attempt to stop this, but today noticed another pending charge from you guys! If you guys could at least contact us so we can figure out what's happening it'd be a great start!

Desired outcome: Stop these charges!

J
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Scribd - Charge without permission.

Hi scribd... I was so disappointed for charging me over and over... And over a year your charging me without my permission. Now, I thank god that I found out how to contact you. Please do me a favor. Stop charging me. And do me a refund. I'd a touched my receipt as a proof that until now you are deducting me with out my awareness. And without my authorization... Please do an action on it.. And I want to hear from you thank you...

Ps. My email add: [protected]@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2021

Scribd - Scribd unauthorized monthly charge

I did my account on Scribd this year and then I cancelled the subscription but then I was getting charged monthly by this website, which I've cancelled many times before but it just kept charging me, I don't know how to delete the account and I'd like a full refund too for the 3 months I've been getting charged without my consent. I'm registered to the website with my email, [protected]@gmail.com, my username is pau5a.c.

1 2 3  ...  11