Complaints & Reviews

Unauthorised Payments

I Have just noticed that Scribd have been taking monthly amounts from my account since Nov 2018. I have no idea who you are, no account with you, no invoices, no bills and never received one e-mail from you.
I just signed up now with my e-mail address to see who the hell you were. As suspected, no subscription, no card details on account, no downloads.
These payments are unlawful and I will be following up with your appropriate local authority if I have no full refund (from Nov 2018 until March 2020) within 15 days.
Support ticket number: #2603290.

charge on credit card

Hi, I received a notification from my bank saying that I was charged 8.99 since 2018 until now, from Scribd Inc [protected] US. I have never visited the website, I never participated in any free trials or purchases ever. I'm not sure when or why I was charged this and where it is coming. It about 2 years and I have lost about RM500 (usd8. 99 every month since 2018) in this 2 years. And I coulnt find which platform I have subscribed.
Pls help me

• Scribd's response · Feb 16, 2020

Hi Sam - Our support team would be more than happy to look into this with you and get it resolved. Please email us at [email protected] and a specialist will follow up with you shortly. Thanks!

scam ripoff / here is how to file a complaint attorney general in california & bbb

579035 FIGHT BACK!!! you came here to complain and WARN others NOW make it a permanent record that Scribd has to answer to. I signed up over a year ago for a trial which I canceled...

subscription

My name is Zachary Shepard and I just discovered that like so many others before me, I have been charged by Scribd for services that I never signed up for or used. I have been charged since 2018 for a monthly subscription and I would like a full refund for the money taken from me. I already submitted an email to the support email, but I wanted to cover all my bases.

• Scribd's response · Feb 11, 2020

Hi Zachary, we're truly sorry for the frustration here and we absolutely want to help in the best way we can. Since you have already reached out to us via email, can you please update this review with your support ticket number so we can follow up?

unauthorized charges / scam / start class action lawsuit!!!

Who wants to start a class action lawsuit against this company? Looks like many of us were charged after we canceled or had no idea we had signed up for anything! I canceled during my trial in 2018 just found out feb 2020 they have been charging $8.99 for the last 15 months! I canceled a second time and requested a refund they sent me an e-mail telling me I didn't cancel??? And would only give me the last 30 days per the "contract"??? I'm serious I want to sue!!! Interested e-mail me so we can find a lawyer... [protected]@yahoo.com. If there are any lawyers who want this contact me it is not about the money it is about the scam they are doing to everyone. They will not answer their phones. They are scum!

unauthorized charges / scam / start class action lawsuit!!!

• Scribd's response · Feb 07, 2020

Hi Shawna - Just to clarify, it is impossible for us to bill a canceled subscription. When you cancel your subscription with us, you will immediately receive a confirmation email of the cancellation to your primary email address on file. If you did not receive this confirmation email from us, then the subscription cancellation was not completed by you. You can find this information in our cancellation guide, found here: https://support.scribd.com/hc/en-us/articles/210134046-How-to-cancel-your-premium-membership

Upon review, of your account under te*******[email protected] (redacted for privacy), it does not show a prior cancellation by you. While we do understand your frustration, Scribd is not held responsible for the actions that you have taken after your own personal account was created. We make it clear within all of our Terms of Service that regardless if the account has been used, Scribd needs to be contacted within 30 days of the actual charge. This incident does not fall onto Scribd as the fact remains the same, the account was never canceled by the account holder. We are unable to offer any additional refunds for your subscription purchase, although we can assure you that you will not be billed by us again. We hope this helps to clarify things a bit better. Thanks!

• Updated by [email protected] · Feb 07, 2020

Because it is less than $1000 (+ time and aggravation)this matter will be settled quickly for me in small claims court. I have nothing to lose! I have proof from other complaints Scribd has a history of NOT canceling request "correctly".
    I originally looked into this company to help children in China...after seeing you had nothing worth paying for I canceled the service. I am a community activist whose mission is to help others who need help and are taken advantage of. I fight for others, this is not about the money it is about taking advantage of people and scamming them. I never used your service and you will not STEAL my money!
    I will be contacting a Class Action Lawyer to see if they are interested in making money off what appears to be a pattern of Scribd deceptive practices. https://topclassactions.com/start-a-class-action/

being charge $8.99 for some kind of a subscription

I am being charged on my credit card for a fee of $8.99 for some reason from your company that I did not order or subsribe to. When I contacted my Credit card company they said you hav been charging me since 2018 and I want a full refund.
The only reason I didn't say something sooner the charge is the same amount I pay for a movie app and I thought Scribd was the name of the company that handled the charge, but then after I changed where I wanted that charge taken it still kept happening so I contacted my credit card company.

• Updated by Ina Johnson · Feb 02, 2020

I have been charged since 2018 the amount of $8.99 and I don't know why and can't find out. I contacted the credit card company and filed a complaint but I noticed your company done it again since I filed the compalint. I want a refund for the full amount.
    If this is not resolved immedately I will contact the Better Business Bureau.
    You have no right to charge someone for something they done what. The only thing I can figure how on how this got started was when I was trying to subscribe to Amazon book club. But that was cancelled right away because I don't hardly ever read.

• Scribd's response · Feb 04, 2020

Hi there Ina, we would be happy to look into this for you and provide some clarification here. Please reach out to [email protected] to connect with a support specialist, then update this review with your ticket number so we can follow up. Thanks!

Scribd Inc San FranciscoCAUS. — withdrawal of n3,281 was made on my account which I did initiate the transaction. requesting for a refund and to stop subscription

Dear Sir, please i notice a Withdrawal of N3, 281 from my account and i didn't use it. please i want to council my subscription and a refund of the last withdrawal. To thi...

unauthorized charges

Since 5th July 2019 we have been receiving a charge on my Amex Credit Card under the name of GL Hainsworth for the amount of approx. $13.57 AUS dollars. We have previously contacted you to find out what this was for as we have received no bills or invoices from your company. We have today contacted AMEX and put a Block on this payment. if you believe that we have a subscription or an agreement with your company then we wish
to immediately terminate this agreement and have the funds returned onto my card that I believe has been taken out unlawfully. If you do not respond to this email we will be reporting this to the ACCC in Australia as a scam or a fraud.
if you do believe you have the legal right to have done this please provide us with detailed invoices and cancel any arrangements.

• Scribd's response · Jan 21, 2020

Hi there Gary, thank you for reaching out about this and we're truly sorry for the frustration - We would like to look into these charges further and provide some clarification here. Since you have reached out to us previously, can you please let us know the ticket number associated with the email you sent us and/or the email address you wrote to us with? Thank you!

unauthorized credit card charges

579035 I have been getting charged monthly for $8.99 on my C card from May 2019 through January 2020. I do not have a current membership with Scribd, never did, to my knowledge. I double...

unauthorized credit card charges

I signed up for a free trial in December and then cancelled the service. I continue to get billed monthly. When I initially complained to scribd, they said they had no record of my subscription or card information. AND YET, I continue to get billed. I have gone back and forth with Scribd, who've tried to convince me that somehow I don't know my credit card number THAT THEY CONTINUE TO BILL. I have sent multiple emails and they still insist they have no account for me, and yet I CONTINUE TO BE BILLED.

I have no choice but to report my credit card stolen and be issued another one. Resolution would be a refund of my $28.80.

Ticket number 2423191

• Scribd's response · Jan 12, 2020

Hi Katie - We sincerely apologize for the frustrating experience that you've had so far. Just to clarify, we are unable to bill a canceled or deactivated subscription, so it's likely that the charges you are seeing are tied to a duplicate account. Since your account under your primary email address of ne**********[email protected] did not have a subscription history with us, we are required to ask for additional information so that we can perform a deeper investigation within our payment processor. Upon review, it looks like your case has been escalated to our Trust & Safety team for further assistance. They will make sure to get this resolved for you and stop any future charges. Please continue to follow up with them via email in the meantime. Thanks!

scribd premium subscription

I never made an account for this service, have no knowledge of providing them with my payment information or my e-mail address and yet I found out I somehow had an account and was charged 10, 70€ (more than the 8, 99€ the service is even offered for!) for a service I do not recognise. Luckily I check my PayPal account frequently and noticed the charge pretty quick which allowed me to cancel the automatic payment. I also submitted a complaint to PayPal, as I had not authorized this payment, but it didn't go through because they couldn't find any evidence of wrongdoing.

I found e-mails relating to me "joining" scribd back from august 20th. I believe I had one month free trial, I cancelled the automatic payment on the 2nd of november.

I insist on getting a a full refund - while the loss wasn't high, this is fraud and I hope to let authorities know about this.

tl;dr: Scribd somehow got hold of my payment information and e-mail address and created an account for me and charged me for a subscription, all without my knowledge.

• Scribd's response · Dec 20, 2019

Hi Rey - Just to clarify, Scribd does not "sign up" or "start subscriptions" for our users without their consent. In order for someone to have an active subscription with us, the only way to do so would be for them to sign up when creating an account or restart/renew their membership from their Account Settings page.

Upon review, you started a subscription with us on August 20th, 2019 under your email address of sha*****[email protected]ail.com. When you purchased the trial, you agreed to the terms and conditions under the Scribd Paid Access End User License Agreement (https://support.scribd.com/hc/en-us/articles/210129486-Scribd-Paid-Access-End-User-License-Agreement) that stated this was not a one-time purchase, but instead a recurring month to month subscription. Scribd does not offer a standalone free trial.

Since no cancellation was recorded within the initial 30-day timeframe, you were then converted to a monthly recurring subscription that you agreed to per the terms and conditions mentioned above. Your subscription has been canceled and you've been refunded your recent charge. Please allow 3-5 business days for these funds to be credited back to you. Thanks!

$8.99 monthly scribd withdraw from my bank account since october 2018?

Hi, my name is Jean-marie Corrois,
I just wanted to understand why I have $8.99 being withdrawn from my bank account every month since October 2018 to the benefit of Scribd Inc.
I don't recall having subscribed to any of your products, unless I missed or forgot something.
Could you enlighten me please before I create a claim with my bank.
My email is [protected]@comcast.net or [protected]@comcast.net

• Scribd's response · Nov 27, 2019

Hi Jean - Thanks for reaching out. Upon review, it looks like you created a subscription with us under the first email address you provided in your review. We've followed up via email with more information and resolved this issue for you. Your subscription has been canceled, you've been refunded for your recent charge, and you will not be billed further. For reference, your ticket number is #2420239, and the specialist you are working with is Vanessa. Thanks again, and have a wonderful day!

scribd is stealing my money.

To Scribd,

I am currently a student and I availed of your free trial but was charged for it! Afterwards I cancelled and I was charged again this month when it specifically says on my account that I cancelled my subscription. You are deliberately taking money from me without my consent.

Please know that as a student, I don't have enough funds to continue the subscription. Hence, the cancellation.

If you charge my membership after December 27, 2019, I will be calling the card issuer to do a chargeback.

My ticket number is #2419458. I have tried to reach out in email but to no avail. My email is [protected]@gmail.com.

Please do something about this, this is illegal and you're committing theft.

• Scribd's response · Nov 27, 2019

Hi Ciara - To confirm, we cannot bill a canceled or deactivated subscription. Scribd also does not "sign up" or "start subscriptions" for our users without their consent. In order for someone to have an active subscription with us, the only way to do so would be for them to sign up when creating an account or restart/renew their membership from their Account Settings page. We apologize for any confusion there.

Upon review, it looks like our specialist Vanessa has followed up with you on your support ticket and resolved this for you. Your subscription has been canceled, you will not be billed further, and your recent charge has been refunded. Please allow 3-5 business days for these funds to be credited back to you. Thanks for reaching out, and have a great day!

unauthorized deduction of money from the credit card

This is to notify that, There is deduction of money from SCRIBD of 15 NZD whihc I had never subscribed for.
I tried to contact the SCRIBD company and they were hopeless to contact back in this case.

They have deducted from me more than 45$ and they do not have the response.

Now there should be some actions against it or declare the company SCRIBD as fraud!!!

Regards
Harsh Wakle
NZ Citizen

• Scribd's response · Nov 23, 2019

Hey Harsh - We sincerely apologize for the trouble here. We've located your support ticket, escalated your case, and our specialist Vanessa has responded with more information. We'll make sure to get this resolved for you ASAP and stop any further charges. Thanks!

Good day,

I want to complain regarding the unauthorized charges on my credit card. I have never subscribed for anything from your company, Scribd. I have not downloaded your app or been to your homepage before. You dont have any right to charge me regarding any product.

The first and only charge is from last month, nov 13.

Stop steeling my money

• Updated by Reynir Freyr Jakobsson · Nov 20, 2019

sorry not last month but this month

• Updated by Reynir Freyr Jakobsson · Nov 20, 2019

I see this is happening a lot from other complaints. How is this happening?

• Scribd's response · Nov 20, 2019

Hi Reynir, our team can definitely help you with this! Please email [email protected] with the details and update this review to include your ticket # so we can connect as soon as possible. Thanks!

my bank account I think is being hacked

9.99 was taken out from this company and i never subscribed or have been to san francisco and i would like a return of my money and try to figure out why the money was taken in the first place. i'm not sure what this website is and i'm not sure if i am being hacked but i noticed the transaction taken out and knew it was not me. i hope you can help me and give me a return and we can figure this out.

scribd membership

So, a month or so ago, I subscribed for the Scribd free membership trial, thinking that I might need it. In the duration that I had my free trial, I looked up only one book for some research work I was doing. I was informed via notification when I signed up for the free trial, that I would be charged money if I continued with my account from 5 November onwards (when my free trial ended, and my first paid month began). I was sadly mistaken - Scribd, when compared to other sites, is utterly useless. Today is 5 November, 2019. I just got a message around an hour ago ago, saying that I have been charged INR 636.16 from my debit card, for the Scribd membership. I was not asked if I wanted to continue, or informed just before this happened, that it was about to happen. A warning beforehand would have been nice. I would have cancelled my membership immediately, before the amount could have been deducted from my account. My money has been deducted from my account without my explicit and express permission. Regardless, since I have not used Scribd services for the paid month that begins today, I have spent the majority of the past hour, trying to get a refund by contacting Scribd support, but every time I press the link to do so, I get a notification telling me that I must verify my account by activating the link Scribd has sent to my registered email account, which I will receive atmost within ten minutes. I have pressed the resend button multiple times, and gotten no link - and its clearly been more than ten minutes. I tried changing my email address thinking that that might work, but it has been to no avail. I still have not received the link. I have not used Scribd's services and I want my money back. I want it back immediately.

• Scribd's response · Nov 05, 2019

Hi Aritra, our team is here to assist you and make this right. Please email [email protected] and update this review to include your ticket number. We'd like to escalate your case and connect you with an agent asap for a refund. Thanks!

unauthorized charges and avoidance

Hi Scridb,

I cancelled my 30-day free trial with you back in April. It is October. You have been renewing my trial and charging me, now, for 6 months without my consent. You have ignored my requests. When I go to cancel, I am unable-- you keep renewing even after I've cancelled. I an unable to remove my payment details from your site--- the functionality does not work. I have email several times asking for you to cancel the subscription for good, remove my payment details, and refund me for the money you've been taking through unethical and poor business practices. You have ignored my emails. I will be filing a complaint everywhere I possibly can.

unauthorized charges and avoidance

• Scribd's response · Oct 22, 2019

Hi there, could you please update this review to include your ticket number? If you haven't created a ticket yet, please email the details to us at [email protected] and you'll receive it in an automatic reply. We'd like to connect with you asap to resolve this. Thanks!

scribd

I didnt made any plans with them, I only used gmail account to log in with, and that was enough for them to use my email address and charge my by PayPal.
I couldn't even find a registered Scribd account under my email, nothing from them till got mail from Paypal, noticing me that Scribd charged me. After that, i see a lot of people were scammed by this website

• Scribd's response · Oct 22, 2019

Hi Charna, could you please email the details to [email protected] an update this review with your ticket number so that we can connect with you about this? Thanks! We look forward to getting this resolved for you very soon.

unauthorized credit card charges

Once I registered Scribd site for the one month free trial offer and never used the services after a the one month free trial period. I couldn't even find a registered scribd account under any of my emails addresses.
I have sent all the bank statements that shows the SCRIBD charges on my account. Please cancel this payment from now onwards and make arrangements to refund the money you have been charging to my credit card. Every month $8.99 is getting deducted from my bank account without any authorization.

• Scribd's response · Oct 21, 2019

Hi Sree, we're sorry to hear about the trouble and would like to help! It sounds like you've already contacted [email protected] about this. If so, could you please update this review with your ticket number so that we can escalate your case and connect with you as soon as possible? Thanks!

charging my account when i've never even signed up

Hello,

My account has been charged $8.99 from your company. However, I have not signed up for any free trial of any sort from your company and in fact, have never even heard of this company until today when I checked my bank account. This is pretty concerning to me. I seriously hope this can be resolved soon and will be looking out for any further charges from places I haven't heard of

Thank you...

• Scribd's response · Oct 21, 2019

Hi Reiyana, we're sorry to hear about the confusion and unexpected charge! Our team can definitely look into this with you. Please email the details to [email protected] then update this review to include your ticket #. Thanks!

• DeAndre Washington Oct 20, 2019

Hi Reiyana, you are being charged because you signed up for Scribd at the low monthly rate of $8.99 a month.

charging without permission

I tried a free 30 day trial subscription and canceled it within just a few days. I have no email correspondence from them from beginning or end. Since then I have been charged for TWO times without premission. My bank blocked my credit card so they can/t charge me anymore. I am so frustrated, and i did not even use Scribd since Free trial cancelation. I did not recieve email or noyification about charging me. Shame on you Scribd! Don't even give the "free" trial a chance!

• Scribd's response · Oct 19, 2019

Hi Selma - Upon review, it looks like one of our agents, Davian, was able to assist you in resolving this in support ticket #2353207. You have been refunded in accordance with our Refund Policy and you will be credited these funds within 3-5 business days. Please continue to follow up with Davian via email if you have any further questions or concerns. Thanks so much, and have a great day!

subscription

I tried a free 30 day trial subscription and canceled it within just a few days or hours. I have no email correspondence from them from beginning or end. It was May 8 when I canceled and I've just been charged for the third time. No way other than a form or FB to contact them. I can't log into my account because I CANCELLED IT! Don't even give the "free" trial a chance.

• Scribd's response · Oct 03, 2019

Hi there, our web-based team is here to help! Please email the details to [email protected] then update this review to include your ticket # so that we can connect you to an account specialist to make this right asap. Thanks!

complaint

I cancelled my Scrbid subscription and contacted your Customer Care through Facebook providing my card details and the the debit to my account AFTER cancellation. The charge has not yet been reversed and I have just been debited AGAIN.

Below are the two confirmations for which I demand an immediate reversal.

Your credit card ***** was used to make a Purchase of USD 8.99 done at Scribd Inc on 31.08.19 at 15:33:49 hrs.

Your credit card ***** was used to make a Purchase of USD 8.99 done at Scribd Inc on 30.09.19 at 15:33:42 hrs

complaint

After using their free service, Scribd secretly put me on their paid service without my knowing. They deceptively charged me for 7 months without my knowing, despite me never...

Hi,

I'm complaining in regards to unauthorized credit card charges since july 2019 to my amex credit card. I am extremely frustrated as you have been charging $8.99 a month on my credit card without my consent for the past 2 months. I'm requesting a full refund and cancellation following the months since july 2019. I expect to hear from you as soon as possible. You can reach me at [protected]@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance

• Scribd's response · Sep 29, 2019

Hi Isuru - A member of our support team can definitely look into this for you. Please email us at [email protected], then update your review with your ticket number and a member of our team will reach out to you shortly. Thanks!

scribd inc

Why the hell is my account debited with Rs. 639.87 when I have never subscribed to your services! I was shocked when I got an alert saying the transaction has been done via my HDFC debit card on 20th of Sept 2019 ! I never used scribd inc or any of their services, got to know about them only after this incident. I want that amount back immediately!

scribd inc

• Scribd's response · Sep 23, 2019

Hi there! A member of our support team can definitely look into this for you. Please email us at [email protected], then update your review with your ticket number and a member of our team will reach out to you shortly. Thanks!

15/09/2019
I have no idea how I just got charged for a Scribd Inc membership for INR 666.15 without ever having subscribed to the free trial. Good thing I checked my bank statement. How did you even get access to my debit card info!?
There are several other complaints on this forum which report the same thing.
I need a full refund as soon as possible.

• Scribd's response · Sep 16, 2019

• Updated by Kashish Khandelwal · Sep 16, 2019

Support ticket number: 2311851

[Resolved] unauthorized credit card charges

I'm complaining in regards to unauthorized credit card charges on September 4th. Even though I cancelled my subscription on September 4th and received a confirmation e-mail, today, September 12th, I was charged USD 8, 99 again.

I already submitted a complaint on Scribd, but due to the gravity of the situation I'm also reporting here.

Supporting ticket #2306361.

I'm expecting a full refund on this unauthorized charge. Please act promptly so I cand update the case.

Regards,

Diego Franco

• Resolution Statement

I was contacted by Scribd support crew explaining a full refund should be provided, which indeed was shortly after. I'm looking forward to not having to deal with this problem again. Thank you.

scribd / unauthorized credit card charges

In June 2019 i have created a membership for my account, which i only use for a couple of weeks. Near the end of June, not needing the account anymore, i have use the intended flow that you have to cancel the subscription, and also i have deleted my account at that time.

Today, i have noticed that for the last 2 months, even though i no longer have an active account, i have still been charged for the subscription. How is this possible?

The account was using the following email address: [protected]@gmail.com

I want to be refunded for the last 2 months, where i have paid the full subscription even though my account has been closed. Also, make sure that the subscription is now actually closed.

• Scribd's response · Sep 02, 2019

Scribd Inc — unauthorized credit card charges

Good day, I want to complain regarding the unauthorized charges on my credit card. I have never subscribed in your company, Scribd Inc. You dont have any right to charge me...

scribd inc / unauthorized card charges / never subscribed even free trial

I don't understand how do you guys get my credit card info and start charging. I rarely check my credit card statement . I found that SCRIBD has been charging me at least for the last 1 year i recently found out.

When i log in scribd to check, I dont even have an active account, no payment history, no subscription.

What the hell is going on?

Please refund all charges to my credit card AMEX Card # [protected])
my email [protected]@gmail.com

• Scribd's response · Aug 18, 2019

Hi Hazwan - Apologies for the troubles, a member of our support team can definitely help you with this! Please email us at [email protected], then update your review with your ticket number and a member of our team will reach out to you shortly. Thanks!

online scams

Hi, I received a notification from my bank saying that I was charged 8.99 since 2018 until now, from Scribd Inc [protected] US. I have never visited the website, I never participated in any free trials or purchases ever. I'm not sure when or why I was charged this and where it is coming... It makes me very very disappointed.

Please return my money soon.

online scams

• Scribd's response · Aug 05, 2019

Hi there Budi! A member of our support team can definitely look into this for you. Please email us at [email protected], then update your review with your ticket number and a member of our team will reach out to you shortly. Thanks!

Contractor document uploaded

579035 I am complaining about the document that uploaded under my name.Even since i dont have account on the web site scribd.com.The uploaded document its all about a Contract year...

monthly subscription/ company is deceitful.

They're lying about their unlimited audiobook selection and I feel I'm being spied on I listen to audiobooks quite often and they will one day have a good variety of...

scribd inc unauthorized charge

Hi,
I received a notification from my bank saying that I was charged 8.99 on Saturday, July 20, 2019, from Scribd Inc 415-2. I have never visited the website, I never participated in any free trials or purchases ever. I'm not sure when or why I was charged this and where it is coming from. I am also a Canadian citizen I haven't done any recent online shopping or seen anything that may have been a product or was related to the company. I've not even received a receipt of what was purchased just a notification from my bank telling me that money from my account was taken.

• Scribd's response · Jul 23, 2019

Apologies for the troubles Rija, a member of our support team can definitely help you with this! Please email us at [email protected], then update your review with your ticket number and a member of our team will reach out to you shortly. Thanks!

still being charged after cancel subscription 9 months ago

I canceled my membership some time ago and you are still charging my bank a monthly charge for the past 9 months! I want every dime you are illegally taking from my bank refunded to me immediately or I will get my attorney involved. At first you were charging a different debit card and I called to cancel then. And instead of canceling like I requested you took the payment and continued to take money out of my bank account for 9 months! I'm just now seeing this because I didn't have access to online banking and I am so disgusted by this company I could sue!! I want my money back!

• Scribd's response · Jul 23, 2019

Hi Britne! We do not offer phone support, but a member of our support team can definitely look into this for you. Please email us at [email protected], then update your review with your ticket number and a member of our team will reach out to you shortly. Thanks!

charging even after cancelling subscription

Hi,

I canceled my subscription on May 2, 2019. While going through my card history I saw I was charged in June and July even thought I cancelled the subscription while ago. When I tried contacting Scribd they told me it's Apple who are charging you not us. I read all these reviews online and it's Scribd and not Apple. There isn't any phone number either where I can talk to someone and get my refund. I'd like to get my refund from last two months.

• Scribd's response · Jul 20, 2019

Hi Shaildeep - Apologies for the troubles, a member of our support team can definitely help you with this! Please email us at [email protected], then update your review with your ticket number and a member of our team will reach out to you shortly. Thanks!

charging $8.99 even though canceled

Hello. I have visited Scribd numerous times in hopes of finding new material for the University of Law of where I study. However numerous times have I needed to register my credit card in order to get the full look on the material I needed. This time, I was not aware that previously on when I canceled my membership, It did not actually cancel it so it seems and as I checked today, it wasn't canceled? Even though I know that I have canceled it.. I do rememher being on the Account page and me canceling my membership during the trial period of which I had left like three weeks (I cannot really remember), afterwards which I left Scribd completely because I had no use at that time and only wanted to see it for a day or two because of my studies and the trial version it offered. It charged me this month as soon as I got money in my bank account. It happened yesterday and I immediately checked the support of Scribd info to get a clue on what has happened and so I'm here, contacting you before my right for a refund expires in the 30 day period. I am currently terrified of what happened and scared to even use Sribd's trial again because of this, I honestly do not know how it could have happened..

• Scribd's response · Jul 16, 2019

Hi Felky, we're really sorry to hear about this issue! Our support team can absolutely make this right for you. Please email us at [email protected], then update your review with your ticket number and a member of our team will reach out to you shortly. Thanks!

Scribd Inc — malaysian government servant retirement form

On the first week of Year 2018, I need to fill up the Malaysian Civil Servant retirement form, I found it from Scribd Inc, but i have to subscrib it for download / print that...