Having problems with Scribd?

Scribd Customer Service Contacts

460 Bryant Street, № 100
San Francisco, California
United States - 94107-2594

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Scribd Customer Service. Initial Scribd complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Scribd above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Scribd. Discuss the issues you have had with Scribd and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Scribd Complaints & Reviews

ScribdUnauthorized credit card charges

Hi,

I'm extremely confused and frustrated with your service. I cancelled my membership in 2018 and somehow my card, which has changed multiple since then, has been charged twice in the last few months (12/1 and 1/3). I have no idea how you got my credit card number and as far as I'm concerned this is fraud.

Additionally, when I first went to cancel the account, I had to try multiple times and thought it was a user error, but now I'm starting to question that.

• Scribd's response · Jan 21, 2021

Hi Rose, thanks for reaching out. We apologize for any confusion here, but we are unable to bill a canceled account that's no longer rendering services with us. Any charges you're seeing would be stemming from either a duplicate account of yours or an unsuccessful cancellation. With that being said, we're more than happy to help get this resolved for you! Please use this link to connect with our support team directly and a specialist will follow up right away to help: https://scr.bi/assist

• Updated by rosejean,[email protected] · Jan 21, 2021

Upon further review, it seems there are three months of charges, October through December of 2020.

ScribdScribd is a theft/scam

As you will see from the many posters, Scribd has some way of signing up people's cards for auto-billing even when they have no idea what the service is. The same is true for me. They will deny it in a response below, but they are liars. I'm pretty sure I would know if I registered for their service. I do not even listen to audio books. I have asked my credit card company for a chargeback based on fraudulent charges.

• Scribd's response · Jan 17, 2021

We aren't able to sign people up for accounts, however, we are able to help find the source of the charges and assist you with refunds. So we can help you, please send us a message here https://scr.bi/assist

Scribdunauthorized credit card charges

I have been charged 8.99 euros for 3 months (since 30 September 2020) for a subscription that I haven't made from Scribd, which I haven't heard of before.

I found out about the billing accidentally while I was reviewing my banking transactions, and I was surprised to see these payments.

I never subscribed for this, I went through all my emails, and haven't found any email for subscription or billing.

I can provide statements for the billings.

• Scribd's response · Dec 23, 2020

Thank you for informing us! We have a team of experts who can absolutely assist you with this. Please submit a message via this link https://scr.bi/assist and we'll get you in touch with a specialist who can help you ASAP.

Scribdcharges without subscription

Hallo.
        You have been charging my debit card 12, 59 euros since July, however I do not have a subscription with you.
        The payments recur on the 21st of each month
        I want you to stop charging my card and also I demand a full refund for the months you have charged me. It has been 6 months now.
        This is unacceptable. I wait for your answer on the matter

• Scribd's response · Dec 20, 2020

Thanks for letting us know! We can absolutely help you out. To get in touch, please send a message to us via this link https://scr.bi/assist and we'll connect you with a specialist who can assist you ASAP.

• Updated by Katerina Papazissi · Dec 19, 2020

support ticket #3066044.

ScribdScribd steals money. Literally.

Scribd outright does not let me cancel my subscription. It does not even let me contact anyone for help. It continously says "Verify your email". I do, and it does not load the page when I verify, so it will not let me contact anyone for help. I canceled over 6 months ago and they have still charged me every month. I am seriously considering suing, not because I want to get rich, but because this is [censored] and they need to be fined and punished for their neglect and financial slavery of their customers. They do this with TONS of people.

• Scribd's response · Dec 16, 2020

Thanks for letting us know here - I am sorry for the trouble you had with canceling your account and with contacting support! You can cancel at any time, and this guide may help you: bit.ly/3gxxTVT

That said, though we do not have a phone number for support, you can absolutely reach us at any time. Submit a ticket via this link https://scr.bi/assist and we'll ensure you're escalated to an agent who can assist you ASAP.

Scribd Inc.ebooks

I have been charged at my credit card account (Bank of America} the amount of $8.99 monthly, during several months of this year. I have never made a subscription with you for any item. I am requesting that all the money you have deducted from my account, is returned as soon as possible, as this was not authorized. Awaiting your prompt reply. Thank you.

Luis Corona e mail [protected]@gmail.com phone [protected]

ScribdUnauthorized charge

I ended my subscription from Scribd on Sep 20 2020 and haven't use Scribd ever since. But on Nov 19 I was charged another USD 9.89 via PayPal by Scribd. I don't think I was charged in Oct so I believe there's something wrong with your account management. I'm here asking for a refund and be never charged again without subscription. My account on Scribd is [protected]@hotmail.com. Thank you.

• Updated by Rustinlandscapes · Nov 22, 2020

Support ticket number #3020814. I'm sure I was not in a subscription on Nov 19, the day you charged me, otherwise I would be charged in October. Please, address to the problem asap. Thank you.

• Scribd's response · Nov 21, 2020

Hi there, it sounds like you have an active subscription with us. To clarify, it's impossible for us to bill a canceled account as it's no longer rendering services with us. Any charges you're seeing are the result of either a duplicate account or unsuccessful cancellation. In order for us to further assist with this, we'll need you to create a ticket and connect with our support team. Please use this link to do so and we'll follow up ASAP: https://scr.bi/assist

ScribdUnauthorized charge

Today, I received a notice from Paypal I sent a payment to Scribd. I disputed with Paypal and they said it was authorized.

I went into my account at Scribd and it states I do not have a membership, nor is there history of payments, etc. I have screen shots to prove. In fact, when I click on links it takes me to a page to sign up for membership!!

At one time, I did a trial with Scribd but immediately cancelled. I do not like reading books on my computer. I have not used it since.

I emailed Scribd but only received a canned response.

I want a full refund!

• Updated by Intrepidelf · Nov 18, 2020

support ticket #3010125.

• Updated by Intrepidelf · Nov 17, 2020

PayPal said they won't issue a refund because of my "subscription". I tried to send evidence I do not have a membership and they still refuse.

It is up to Scribd to issue a refund. Please, do so.

• Scribd's response · Nov 17, 2020

Thanks for letting us know and we apologize for the trouble with this charge! Please know, we do not use canned responses. We are a small team of support specialists who would love to do everything in our power to help you.

However, if you have already attempted to issue chargebacks with PayPal, this can disrupt our ability to help you.

So we can further evaluate your ticket, please let us know your ticket number to support. We'll be sure to get back to you ASAP to help as we can.

For now, thank you for your time here, and have a great day.

• Ce
                    Ceara Kornblum Dec 16, 2020

I have the same problems where they refuse to stop charging me. Honestly thinking of putting in a complaint with the Federal Goverment in their customer protections programs because they do this to everyone they can get away with.

ScribdUnauthorized charges to debit card

Over the past year, as far back as October 17, 2019 till October 19, 2020. I have been charged by Scribd without being notified, till I looked at my bank statement closely. I have not used your product, nor have an account with Scribd, or even remotely into audiobooks kind of person.

I have switched 2 debit cards over the past year, and somehow they still managed to charge me, the only thing my card is linked to is Paypal, and there has been no suspicious activity of logins anywhere else.

Please issue me the refund of the most recent charge from the last 30 days, per your terms and cancel my account or subscription that I did not sign up for. You can contact me at the following email: [protected]@gmail.com and the last digits of the CC is 7168

Unauthorized charges to debit card

• Scribd's response · Nov 02, 2020

Hi there, it sounds like you have an active subscription with us, as it's impossible for us to bill without an accompanying account. We'll need to connect you with our support team for assistance with a cancellation and refund. Please submit a ticket through this link and a specialist will follow up to resolve this right away: https://scr.bi/assist

Oct 09, 2020

Scribd — Unauthorized recurring bank charges

Starting 4/29/2019 scribd has taken a monthly recurring charge from my Bank account via Debit card. Email ha...

ScribdPosting my personal documents

Scribd has my resume with personal information on their site. They all have all my documents posted from my job portfolio binder. I have not ever authorized use of my documents. I have tried e-mailing them, however; they don't contact back. This is highly distressing and illegal. I do not know who obtained them, but i want it all removed! This personal informtaion puts my safety at risk and sets me up for identity theft. It is unacceptable that they can't even get back to a person. They don't evenhave a number to call. just an email address.

• Scribd's response · Sep 10, 2020

Hi there, thanks for bringing this to our attention -- we completely understand your concern! We'll need you to visit our Copyright/Abuse page (scribd.com/copyright) for more information on this, and instructions on how to report. Let us know if you have questions!

ScribdUnauthorized Debit Card Charge

I was shocked to see this charge even if I didnt even subscribed or registered to their site. I felt like I was hacked coz I dont remember giving my card and bank information to them.

Description on the transaction:
                      Pos w/d sv scribd inc san francisco mc [protected]

Unauthorized Debit Card Charge

Sep 04, 2020

Scribd — Unauthorized billing to my credit card for over 2 years.

Today, September 4th, 2020, I looked at my visa bill and noticed a payment I didn't recognize. A $8.99...

ScribdSubscription / unauthorized charge

Hello, I recently filed a complaint but will file another:

I have been getting charged from this Service for over a year now and I am just now learning of it. I never authorized this subscription and never authorized payment of $9.53 per month.

Further, I tried several email addresses on this Service's Website, and none come up valid, meaning I never signed up.

It seems to be a common thing on this site (over 150 complaints of people being charged for a service they never signed up for).

I need to speak with someone directly, and I need to have these charges reimbursed. Please provide an email or phone number in which I can speak with customer service to have this resolved.

Also - apparently I need an account to submit a claim, so I will be creating one for that purpose - ridiculous.

• Scribd's response · Sep 10, 2020

Hi there, we're sorry for any confusion here. Just to clarify, Scribd does not "sign up" or "start subscriptions" for our users without their consent. In order for someone to have an active subscription with us, the only way to do so would be for them to sign up when creating an account, or restart/renew their membership from their Account Settings page.

With that being said, we are more than happy to help with a cancellation and refund and ensure that you aren't billed further. If you haven't already, please submit a ticket through this link and a specialist will follow up with you ASAP: https://scr.bi/assist

ScribdSubscription

I ended my one time subscription of $9.99 back in may/june, after many repeated attempts to contact scribd via email and phone. They do not answer their phone for customer service, and only steer you to their website. Finally I got confirmation of cancellation.
                          Now I have received another debit on paypal for $9.99 the month of july. After expressly received cancellation again, am unable to contact anyone by phone.
                          I am furious! Request a refund immediately, and permanent end to billing!
                          Lawrence bardach

• Scribd's response · Aug 08, 2020

Hi Lawrence, we apologize for any confusion here. Upon review, your account under the email address lar***[email protected] (redacted for security/privacy purposes) created a subscription with us on May 5th, 2020. According to our system, your account was not canceled at all, which is why these charges came through as normal.

In accordance with our Refund Policy (https://support.scribd.com/hc/articles/210133986), we've refunded your most recent charge and canceled your subscription. Your payment method should be credited within 3-5 business days.

Should you decide to purchase a subscription in the future, you can cancel it at any time through your Account Settings: https://www.scribd.com/account-settings. When you cancel your subscription, we'll ensure it remains active until the end of the current time that you've paid for, but will not bill you again. We have more detailed instructions in our help topic, "How do I cancel my premium membership?" found here: https://support.scribd.com/hc/articles/210134046

We hope this helps to clarify. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance here. Thanks and have a wonderful day!

ScribdCharged $12.38 cad/month for a subscription I don’t have

I have an account which I forgot about but after checking my account I don't even have a payment method set up so I'm not sure how I'm being charged on my bank card!!!

I've never added a payment method before nor have I signed up for any premium account yet after looking back on my statements I have been charged $8.99 USD since December 2018.
                            I want a full refund on this charge

• Scribd's response · Aug 01, 2020

Hi Clea, thanks for reaching out. It sounds like you have an active subscription with us. We'd be happy to help with a cancellation and refund . In order for us to further assist, you'll need to submit a ticket through this link: https://scr.bi/assist

Once this is done, a specialist will follow up and get this resolved for you right away. Thanks!

• Updated by Clea Marie · Jul 31, 2020

ScribdSubscription

My money is getting auto deducted from my account as scribd's subscription fees!
                              What I dont understand is that this is happening without a prior intimation or a warning!
                              The content on the website has been of no use to me and I am just unnecessarily paying these fraudsters for nothing!
                              Pls look into this and help us out...

• Scribd's response · Sep 10, 2020

Hi Priyanka, we're sorry for any confusion. Just to clarify, Scribd does not "sign up" or "start subscriptions" for our users without their consent. In order for someone to have an active subscription with us, the only way to do so would be for them to sign up when creating an account, or restart/renew their membership from their Account Settings page.

ScribdAutomatic deduction from my checking account

Since June, 2020 I noticed a deduction from my checking account for $9.59. I do not recall agreeing to any membership with this company. I need to be reimbursed those fees. Please investigate as to why this amount is being deducted from my account. How did they obtain my bank account number? I am concerned that this is fraud. I do not recall agreeing to any type of membership.

• Scribd's response · Jul 28, 2020

Thanks for your comment here - I am so sorry for the trouble with this charge! Scribd is a digital reading subscription that brings you monthly access to the best books, audiobooks, news, and magazines. Many of our members use our website and app to read everything from bestsellers and old classics to legal documentation and instruction manuals. We also carry a wide variety of sheet music and news articles along with thousands of audiobooks. The charge you are seeing is likely for our monthly subscription fee.

That said, since we cannot charge an account without a subscription, you likely have an account in our system causing your charges. Not to worry! We can help you with this. To get in touch, please email us through https://scr.bi/assist and one of our agents will get back to you as soon as possible to assist you. Thanks for your time.

ScribdMonthly credit card charge with no record of ever signing up for anything

I have an $8.99 monthly credit card charge with no record of ever signing up for anything from Scribd Inc. I seem to remember the charges started while dealing with Register.com. I just figured it was part of that. I recently cancelled all dealings with Register.com but the Scribd charges continue. I don't know what Scribd does and have never used their products or service. I tried to sign-in to their website but they do not recognize my email. That figures since I never signed up to Scribd Inc. I've reviewed all emails from the time frame when the charges started and there is no conformation email of signing up with Scribd Inc. I don't know where they got my credit card information.

• Scribd's response · Jul 21, 2020

Thank you so much for your review here - I am so sorry for the trouble with this charge! To clarify, Scribd is a digital reading subscription that brings you monthly access to the best books, audiobooks, news, and magazines. Many of our members use our website and app to read everything from bestsellers and old classics to legal documentation and instruction manuals. We also carry a wide variety of sheet music and news articles along with thousands of audiobooks. The charge you are seeing is likely for our monthly subscription fee.

That said, since we are not able to charge someone without an account, there must be an account in our system somewhere causing your charges. Please do not worry! We have a team of experts who can help you with this. To get in contact, please message us here https://scr.bi/assist and one of our agents will respond to you as soon as possible to assist you. Thanks for your time!

ScribdHave been taking monthly amounts from my account

Hi, I've just noticed that Scribd Inc. have been taking monthly amounts from my account $8.99 since 2018. I have no idea why are you charging this amount, no record memory of setting an account with you and never heard of you, so don't understand why this charge! Can you please cancel this and provide a full refund?

Please let me know if you need more details.

Best regards,
                                    Liliana Melo

• Scribd's response · Jun 20, 2020

Hi Liliana, it sounds like you have an active subscription with us. We'd be happy to help with a cancellation and refund. Please email us at [email protected] and update your review with your support ticket # when this is done so we can follow up ASAP. Thanks!