Having problems with Scribd?

Scribd Customer Service Contacts

460 Bryant Street, № 100
San Francisco, California
United States - 94107-2594

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Scribd Customer Service. Initial Scribd complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Scribd above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Scribd. Discuss the issues you have had with Scribd and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Scribd Complaints & Reviews

ScribdAutomatic deduction from my checking account

Since June, 2020 I noticed a deduction from my checking account for $9.59. I do not recall agreeing to any membership with this company. I need to be reimbursed those fees. Please investigate as to why this amount is being deducted from my account. How did they obtain my bank account number? I am concerned that this is fraud. I do not recall agreeing to any type of membership.

• Scribd's response · Jul 28, 2020

Thanks for your comment here - I am so sorry for the trouble with this charge! Scribd is a digital reading subscription that brings you monthly access to the best books, audiobooks, news, and magazines. Many of our members use our website and app to read everything from bestsellers and old classics to legal documentation and instruction manuals. We also carry a wide variety of sheet music and news articles along with thousands of audiobooks. The charge you are seeing is likely for our monthly subscription fee.

That said, since we cannot charge an account without a subscription, you likely have an account in our system causing your charges. Not to worry! We can help you with this. To get in touch, please email us through https://scr.bi/assist and one of our agents will get back to you as soon as possible to assist you. Thanks for your time.

ScribdMonthly credit card charge with no record of ever signing up for anything

I have an $8.99 monthly credit card charge with no record of ever signing up for anything from Scribd Inc. I seem to remember the charges started while dealing with Register.com. I just figured it was part of that. I recently cancelled all dealings with Register.com but the Scribd charges continue. I don't know what Scribd does and have never used their products or service. I tried to sign-in to their website but they do not recognize my email. That figures since I never signed up to Scribd Inc. I've reviewed all emails from the time frame when the charges started and there is no conformation email of signing up with Scribd Inc. I don't know where they got my credit card information.

• Scribd's response · Jul 21, 2020

Thank you so much for your review here - I am so sorry for the trouble with this charge! To clarify, Scribd is a digital reading subscription that brings you monthly access to the best books, audiobooks, news, and magazines. Many of our members use our website and app to read everything from bestsellers and old classics to legal documentation and instruction manuals. We also carry a wide variety of sheet music and news articles along with thousands of audiobooks. The charge you are seeing is likely for our monthly subscription fee.

That said, since we are not able to charge someone without an account, there must be an account in our system somewhere causing your charges. Please do not worry! We have a team of experts who can help you with this. To get in contact, please message us here https://scr.bi/assist and one of our agents will respond to you as soon as possible to assist you. Thanks for your time!

ScribdHave been taking monthly amounts from my account

Hi, I've just noticed that Scribd Inc. have been taking monthly amounts from my account $8.99 since 2018. I have no idea why are you charging this amount, no record memory of setting an account with you and never heard of you, so don't understand why this charge! Can you please cancel this and provide a full refund?

Please let me know if you need more details.

Best regards,
      Liliana Melo

• Scribd's response · Jun 20, 2020

Hi Liliana, it sounds like you have an active subscription with us. We'd be happy to help with a cancellation and refund. Please email us at [email protected] and update your review with your support ticket # when this is done so we can follow up ASAP. Thanks!

ScribdNo product requested - credit card deducted monthly - not authorised

I have just noticed that my credit card has been deducted $15 per month since last august. I did not authorise this and in fact have never heard of scribd until this happened. I have notified the nz police as it appears to be a case of credit card fraud. I understand that scribd offers monetary incentives for people who 'sell" subscriptions'. It would appear that someone has stolen my credit card details and onsold them to a third party who has 'signed me up ' for a subscription. I have cancelled the credit card.
        Would you be prepared to reimburse me the 10 months subscription that I did not order or receive if I provide copies of my credit card statements?
        Roy and catherine sandbrook

• Scribd's response · Jun 06, 2020

Hi Mr. and Mrs. Sandbrook, it sounds like you have an active subscription with us. We'd be more than happy to help with a cancellation and refund for you. Please email our support team at [email protected] and update your review with your support ticket # when this is done so we can get this taken care of right away. Thanks!

ScribdPayments without consent

I have been complaining for over 6 weeks. I had never heard of the company and they have been withdrawing in the region of $8-$10 per month for over 13 months. Despite my complaint, they have continued to withdraw from my bank. There most recent reply was "we cannot find your details, I'll pass you on to a different dept". No follow up! Frustrated.

Payments without consent
          Payments without consent

• Scribd's response · May 29, 2020

Hi Matthew, we're so sorry for the delay in resolving this sooner for you. Upon review, your case has been handed off to a Trust & Safety specialist for further assistance, and the specialist working on your case just responded with more information this morning. Please continue to correspond with them via email in the meantime and we'll get this resolved for you right away. Thanks so much for your patience and understanding here!

ScribdUnauthorized charges to credit card

Scribd has been chraging my BofA credit card monthly for $8.99. Aside from never hearing of the company I went to their website to see if I could log in and Scribd log in did not recognize my email address [protected]@gmail.com so it begas the question wherre did they get my billing information from? A bit of research I find others have had the same problem with this company. I have never used the service. I may be reached at [protected].

• Scribd's response · May 17, 2020

Hi there, Joseph,

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention - we are so sorry for the trouble you've been having with these charges and we can absolutely help get this resolved for you!

Upon review of our systems, the email address you provided does not seem to be connected to an active subscription with us. In order for us to further assist you with this problem, could you please reach out to our support team at [email protected] and reply here with your ticket number? Once this is done, we'll have a specialist assist you in locating the account. Thanks for your time!

ScribdUnauthorised payments

I Have just noticed that Scribd have been taking monthly amounts from my account since Nov 2018. I have no idea who you are, no account with you, no invoices, no bills and never received one e-mail from you.
              I just signed up now with my e-mail address to see who the hell you were. As suspected, no subscription, no card details on account, no downloads.
              These payments are unlawful and I will be following up with your appropriate local authority if I have no full refund (from Nov 2018 until March 2020) within 15 days.
              Support ticket number: #2603290.

• Scribd's response · Apr 01, 2020

Hi Mark, we apologize for the confusion and would be more than happy to provide some clarification here!

It appears that you purchased a subscription on October 21st, 2018 at 13:22 UTC, using the email address [email protected]***ox.com (redacted for privacy), in order to download several documents. According to our system, your account was not canceled at all, which is why these charges came through as normal.

To confirm, when you cancel your subscription with us, you will immediately receive a confirmation email of the cancellation to your primary email address on file. If you did not receive this confirmation email from us, then the subscription cancellation was not completed by you. We make this very clear in our cancellation guide, found here: https://support.scribd.com/hc/en-us/articles/210134046-How-to-cancel-your-premium-membership

Upon review of the support ticket you've submitted, it looks like an agent was able to assist you in resolving this and has canceled your subscription so you aren't billed further. They've also processed a refund for the most recent subscription charge in accordance with our Refund Policy (https://support.scribd.com/hc/articles/210133986). Please allow 3-5 business days for this to process.

Please continue to follow up with the agent assigned to your case via email with any other questions you may have. Thanks!

ScribdCharge on credit card

Hi, I received a notification from my bank saying that I was charged 8.99 since 2018 until now, from Scribd Inc [protected] US. I have never visited the website, I never participated in any free trials or purchases ever. I'm not sure when or why I was charged this and where it is coming. It about 2 years and I have lost about RM500 (usd8. 99 every month since 2018) in this 2 years. And I coulnt find which platform I have subscribed.
                Pls help me

Charge on credit card
                Charge on credit card

• Scribd's response · Feb 16, 2020

Hi Sam - Our support team would be more than happy to look into this with you and get it resolved. Please email us at [email protected] and a specialist will follow up with you shortly. Thanks!

Feb 12, 2020

Scribd — Scam ripoff / here is how to file a complaint attorney general in california & bbb

FIGHT BACK!!! you came here to complain and WARN others NOW make it a permanent record that Scribd has to...

ScribdSubscription

My name is Zachary Shepard and I just discovered that like so many others before me, I have been charged by Scribd for services that I never signed up for or used. I have been charged since 2018 for a monthly subscription and I would like a full refund for the money taken from me. I already submitted an email to the support email, but I wanted to cover all my bases.

• Scribd's response · Feb 11, 2020

Hi Zachary, we're truly sorry for the frustration here and we absolutely want to help in the best way we can. Since you have already reached out to us via email, can you please update this review with your support ticket number so we can follow up?

ScribdUnauthorized charges / scam / start class action lawsuit!!!

Who wants to start a class action lawsuit against this company? Looks like many of us were charged after we canceled or had no idea we had signed up for anything! I canceled during my trial in 2018 just found out feb 2020 they have been charging $8.99 for the last 15 months! I canceled a second time and requested a refund they sent me an e-mail telling me I didn't cancel??? And would only give me the last 30 days per the "contract"??? I'm serious I want to sue!!! Interested e-mail me so we can find a lawyer... [protected]@yahoo.com. If there are any lawyers who want this contact me it is not about the money it is about the scam they are doing to everyone. They will not answer their phones. They are scum!

Unauthorized charges / scam / start class action lawsuit!!!

• Scribd's response · Feb 07, 2020

Hi Shawna - Just to clarify, it is impossible for us to bill a canceled subscription. When you cancel your subscription with us, you will immediately receive a confirmation email of the cancellation to your primary email address on file. If you did not receive this confirmation email from us, then the subscription cancellation was not completed by you. You can find this information in our cancellation guide, found here: https://support.scribd.com/hc/en-us/articles/210134046-How-to-cancel-your-premium-membership

Upon review, of your account under te*******[email protected] (redacted for privacy), it does not show a prior cancellation by you. While we do understand your frustration, Scribd is not held responsible for the actions that you have taken after your own personal account was created. We make it clear within all of our Terms of Service that regardless if the account has been used, Scribd needs to be contacted within 30 days of the actual charge. This incident does not fall onto Scribd as the fact remains the same, the account was never canceled by the account holder. We are unable to offer any additional refunds for your subscription purchase, although we can assure you that you will not be billed by us again. We hope this helps to clarify things a bit better. Thanks!

• Updated by [email protected] · Feb 07, 2020

Because it is less than $1000 (+ time and aggravation)this matter will be settled quickly for me in small claims court. I have nothing to lose! I have proof from other complaints Scribd has a history of NOT canceling request "correctly".
                        I originally looked into this company to help children in China...after seeing you had nothing worth paying for I canceled the service. I am a community activist whose mission is to help others who need help and are taken advantage of. I fight for others, this is not about the money it is about taking advantage of people and scamming them. I never used your service and you will not STEAL my money!
                        I will be contacting a Class Action Lawyer to see if they are interested in making money off what appears to be a pattern of Scribd deceptive practices. https://topclassactions.com/start-a-class-action/

ScribdBeing charge $8.99 for some kind of a subscription

I am being charged on my credit card for a fee of $8.99 for some reason from your company that I did not order or subsribe to. When I contacted my Credit card company they said you hav been charging me since 2018 and I want a full refund.
                      The only reason I didn't say something sooner the charge is the same amount I pay for a movie app and I thought Scribd was the name of the company that handled the charge, but then after I changed where I wanted that charge taken it still kept happening so I contacted my credit card company.

• Updated by Ina Johnson · Feb 02, 2020

I have been charged since 2018 the amount of $8.99 and I don't know why and can't find out. I contacted the credit card company and filed a complaint but I noticed your company done it again since I filed the compalint. I want a refund for the full amount.
                          If this is not resolved immedately I will contact the Better Business Bureau.
                          You have no right to charge someone for something they done what. The only thing I can figure how on how this got started was when I was trying to subscribe to Amazon book club. But that was cancelled right away because I don't hardly ever read.

• Scribd's response · Feb 04, 2020

Hi there Ina, we would be happy to look into this for you and provide some clarification here. Please reach out to [email protected] to connect with a support specialist, then update this review with your ticket number so we can follow up. Thanks!

Jan 20, 2020

Scribd Inc San FranciscoCAUS. — Withdrawal of n3,281 was made on my account which I did initiate the transaction. Requesting for a refund and to stop subscription

Dear Sir, please i notice a Withdrawal of N3, 281 from my account and i didn't use it. please i want to...

ScribdUnauthorized charges

Since 5th July 2019 we have been receiving a charge on my Amex Credit Card under the name of GL Hainsworth for the amount of approx. $13.57 AUS dollars. We have previously contacted you to find out what this was for as we have received no bills or invoices from your company. We have today contacted AMEX and put a Block on this payment. if you believe that we have a subscription or an agreement with your company then we wish
                        to immediately terminate this agreement and have the funds returned onto my card that I believe has been taken out unlawfully. If you do not respond to this email we will be reporting this to the ACCC in Australia as a scam or a fraud.
                        if you do believe you have the legal right to have done this please provide us with detailed invoices and cancel any arrangements.

• Scribd's response · Jan 21, 2020

Hi there Gary, thank you for reaching out about this and we're truly sorry for the frustration - We would like to look into these charges further and provide some clarification here. Since you have reached out to us previously, can you please let us know the ticket number associated with the email you sent us and/or the email address you wrote to us with? Thank you!

ScribdUnauthorized credit card charges

I have been getting charged monthly for $8.99 on my C card from May 2019 through January 2020. I do not have a current membership with Scribd, never did, to my knowledge. I double checked. I probably used a 30 day Free Trial, but did not authorize a membership. I am requesting a refund for all the times my card was charged $8.99, which was 8 times. $71.92 Total. I have 7 of the 8 Invoices showing on my Statements below

• Scribd's response · Jan 21, 2020

Hi there, our support team can definitely assist with this! Please email [email protected] with the details and update this review to include the ticket number you receive so we can connect with you asap. Thanks!

ScribdUnauthorized credit card charges

I signed up for a free trial in December and then cancelled the service. I continue to get billed monthly. When I initially complained to scribd, they said they had no record of my subscription or card information. AND YET, I continue to get billed. I have gone back and forth with Scribd, who've tried to convince me that somehow I don't know my credit card number THAT THEY CONTINUE TO BILL. I have sent multiple emails and they still insist they have no account for me, and yet I CONTINUE TO BE BILLED.

I have no choice but to report my credit card stolen and be issued another one. Resolution would be a refund of my $28.80.

Ticket number 2423191

• Scribd's response · Jan 12, 2020

Hi Katie - We sincerely apologize for the frustrating experience that you've had so far. Just to clarify, we are unable to bill a canceled or deactivated subscription, so it's likely that the charges you are seeing are tied to a duplicate account. Since your account under your primary email address of ne**********[email protected] did not have a subscription history with us, we are required to ask for additional information so that we can perform a deeper investigation within our payment processor. Upon review, it looks like your case has been escalated to our Trust & Safety team for further assistance. They will make sure to get this resolved for you and stop any future charges. Please continue to follow up with them via email in the meantime. Thanks!

Dec 18, 2019

Scribd — Scribd premium subscription

I never made an account for this service, have no knowledge of providing them with my payment information or...

Scribd$8.99 monthly scribd withdraw from my bank account since october 2018?

Hi, my name is Jean-marie Corrois,
                              I just wanted to understand why I have $8.99 being withdrawn from my bank account every month since October 2018 to the benefit of Scribd Inc.
                              I don't recall having subscribed to any of your products, unless I missed or forgot something.
                              Could you enlighten me please before I create a claim with my bank.
                              My email is [protected]@comcast.net or [protected]@comcast.net

• Scribd's response · Nov 27, 2019

Hi Jean - Thanks for reaching out. Upon review, it looks like you created a subscription with us under the first email address you provided in your review. We've followed up via email with more information and resolved this issue for you. Your subscription has been canceled, you've been refunded for your recent charge, and you will not be billed further. For reference, your ticket number is #2420239, and the specialist you are working with is Vanessa. Thanks again, and have a wonderful day!

ScribdScribd is stealing my money.

To Scribd,

I am currently a student and I availed of your free trial but was charged for it! Afterwards I cancelled and I was charged again this month when it specifically says on my account that I cancelled my subscription. You are deliberately taking money from me without my consent.

Please know that as a student, I don't have enough funds to continue the subscription. Hence, the cancellation.

If you charge my membership after December 27, 2019, I will be calling the card issuer to do a chargeback.

My ticket number is #2419458. I have tried to reach out in email but to no avail. My email is [protected]@gmail.com.

Please do something about this, this is illegal and you're committing theft.

• Scribd's response · Nov 27, 2019

Hi Ciara - To confirm, we cannot bill a canceled or deactivated subscription. Scribd also does not "sign up" or "start subscriptions" for our users without their consent. In order for someone to have an active subscription with us, the only way to do so would be for them to sign up when creating an account or restart/renew their membership from their Account Settings page. We apologize for any confusion there.

Upon review, it looks like our specialist Vanessa has followed up with you on your support ticket and resolved this for you. Your subscription has been canceled, you will not be billed further, and your recent charge has been refunded. Please allow 3-5 business days for these funds to be credited back to you. Thanks for reaching out, and have a great day!

ScribdUnauthorized deduction of money from the credit card

This is to notify that, There is deduction of money from SCRIBD of 15 NZD whihc I had never subscribed for.
                                  I tried to contact the SCRIBD company and they were hopeless to contact back in this case.

They have deducted from me more than 45$ and they do not have the response.

Now there should be some actions against it or declare the company SCRIBD as fraud!!!

Regards
                                  Harsh Wakle
                                  NZ Citizen

• Scribd's response · Nov 23, 2019

Hey Harsh - We sincerely apologize for the trouble here. We've located your support ticket, escalated your case, and our specialist Vanessa has responded with more information. We'll make sure to get this resolved for you ASAP and stop any further charges. Thanks!