Having problems with Scribd?

Scribd Customer Service Contacts

460 Bryant Street, № 100
San Francisco, California
United States - 94107-2594

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Scribd Customer Service. Initial Scribd complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Scribd above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Scribd. Discuss the issues you have had with Scribd and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Scribd Complaints & Reviews

Scribdfree trial

I signed up with this service for a 30 day trial. I decided that I no longer wanted the service. I had a problem with logging in. I requested a password request at least 20 times. I received nothing... I checked my spam as well. I sent an email and received no reponse. This morning I got an email saying that my discover was charged. I am still unable to cancel this service that I am not interested in. I will dispute the charges on my credit card but this is ridiculous.

• Scribd's response · Apr 15, 2019

Hi there - We're sorry about the cancellation troubles, and absolutely want to help! Please email us at [email protected], then update your review with your ticket number and a member of our team will reach out to you shortly. Thanks!

Scribdscribd customer service/I cancelled my membership

I have cancelled my membership.

Customer service at this company is a complete joke. The only way you can contact them for help is through their terribly made website, where you can "submit a ticket". Which apparently gets sent off into space somewhere never to be seen or looked at again.

The only number I found was on this complaint site. I called it, and was met with a recorded message informing me that I can contact them by...ready? SUBMITTING A TICKET. Sure.
    It also tells me not to leave a voicemail, cause they don't listen to that. At the end of the recording, it says "Voice mailbox full" and hangs up on you. I'm certain it's full of people like me wondering what's going on with the complete lack of ANY service for a subscription they pay for.

I have been emailing them for the past 5 days now, asking for help. My paid membership seems to have lost it's paid status, and I can only see books that are free books and available everywhere on any platform. I cannot see my list of saved titles, I can't see authors I search (stephen king, dean koontz). And oddly enough, my daughter also has her own Scribd account and can see and read everything I cannot.

There's nothing wrong with my card, it pays for both subscriptions so if it works for hers, it should work for mine.

Customer service requests sent out into space:
    2090372
    2090365
    2086151

• Scribd's response · Apr 10, 2019

Hi there - Apologies for the support delay! You should see a response from a member of our team momentarily. Have a great rest of your day!

• Updated by Vanth · Apr 11, 2019

It seems someone escalated my ticket, and they've responded to, AND fixed my issue. I appreciate them not giving up on it, and will be resubscribing if all continues to go well.

Thank you Scribd!
        --------------------------------
        Hi ******,

Rebecca stepping in here. I have reviewed your help request and I am so sorry for the frustration through this process. I would really like to try and make things right for you and to explain what I believe was going on with your account.

I can say, what you're describing sounds like a known bug that has affected some of our users-- wherein the content rotation system doesn't work as intended leaving users with very little, to literally no available content. Because your subscription is now canceled, I can't log into your account to look at what you were experiencing and confirm this 100%...but I am pretty confident that is what you were experiencing.

I went on ahead and credited your account with 30 days of free reading so you can give Scribd another try if you'd like. If you run into the same experience, please email me back and include screenshots if possible, so I can add your experiences to the report our engineers are using to fix this issue.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out. Take care and have a great day!

Best regards,
        Rebecca W.
        Scribd, Inc.

• Updated by Vanth · Jun 03, 2019

I'd love to file a suit against them. I'm about to post another complaint, as this has happened again.

DawnR313 Jun 03, 2019

What a bunch of BS! I can't believe that after she said they had a fix for it, that it happened again. If we can get enough people to go in to a Class action, I'd do it. Just need a lawyer to look it over and approve and its good to go.

DawnR313 Jun 03, 2019

Let me know if they fixed the "rotation" issue. If so, I request they fix mine too. Unless it a ploy to get you back and then continue with the BS again.

DawnR313 Jun 03, 2019

YES! I consider Scribd a scam company and they are stealing from their members. Taking my money and not offering the same service they did when I joined is fraud. They state they are unlimited. I have tried to down load less popular titles just to see if those are unlimited and it doesnt seem to matter, they become unavailable too. They draw you in let you listen/read anything you want for a couple months then limit you and claim its because of the way their library rotates. Titles become unavailable minutes to days after you save or download and they tell you they will become available on your membership date. That's not random at all. I've been a member for 9 months and the first 3 were great with zero issue on being limited. For the last 6 months, I've been limited hard core. At first I was able to save a list of titles and it was my downloads that were being limited. I would download several audiobooks for my commute and now I download more than 1, and they become unavailable immediately. I can only have 1 down a month no matter the title and popularity. Now my saved list is being limited and I can only have about 2-3 saved and the rest will become unavailable and date available is my anniversary date every time. This all seem very deliberate to my account and it is not always the same with other members like you said. You don't have access to titles but others do. That is not a random rotation of a library they offer. That is specific to each member and each member is being limited tightly. I am really surprised someone hasn't opened a class action suit against them by now. The reviews against them are all negative and for the same reasons. I guess I need to look into to how a class action works. I'd like my money back.

Scribdunethical behaviour

Around Feb 26th I unsubscribed from the scribd service and was notified that my subscription was to expire on 23rd March. Apparently on 23rd March I got a notification of a renewal of my subscription, yet i don't need the service anymore. Thus I therefore requested a refund and complete cancellation from all the scribd services and subscriptions.Yet there has been no response or feedback from them. After re cancelling the subscription again yesterday, I found out it was still active today and had to re-unsubscribe. I cant be stuck to their subscription against my will, yet they still make cuts from my account.

• Scribd's response · Mar 25, 2019

Hi there Wyclif - So sorry for the unwanted charge, it appears your subscription was not canceled until yesterday. A member of our support team has replied to your request and processed your refund. Feel free to reply to their message for further assistance. Have a great day!

Scribdmembership subscription

I just found out today from my bank that you guys have been deducting FJD$20 for this month and last February as well. This is absurd as I never subscribed for any premium membership and it says on my account that I cancelled any further subscriptions on 10/11/2018. This is well before my free trial ended and you never even notified me beforehand that charges will be made to my account. All the reviews here are similar to mine so what kind of scheme are you guys running? Just give back my refund and cancel any further payments made to my account!

• Scribd's response · Mar 25, 2019

Hi there Fiona - Apologies for the cancellation troubles, our support team is more than happy to help you with this.

Scribd Incunauthorized card charges

I am extremley frustrated as far as subscription of this service goes. Just found out from my bank today that I have been receiving a recurring charge of $8.99 as of last year, totaling to up to $125.86 by now. I was never aware I was even subscribed in the first place; I have changed cards at least twice since then, so how is it they got a hold of my new card info? I can't remember even creating an account with them.

• Scribd's response · Mar 19, 2019

Hello Sabrina - Our support team was able to locate your account, and confirm you successfully canceled your subscription. Your recent charge was refunded, per our refund policy, and you will not be charged again. Please feel free to respond to our agent's message for further assistance. Thanks!

• Ha
              hazwan najib Aug 16, 2019

I have this exact same problem. it's insane!!!
              I'm not even a reader... I have never subscribed even for free trial.

I can't even find my account or statement based on my email!
              The charges has been for years and I don't even know how to stop them.

Mar 06, 2019

Scribd Inc — unauthorized credit card charges

Scribdunauthorized credit card charges

Over a year ago I tried a free trial with this company, I ended the service before the free trial even ended and recently I noticed they have been charging my credit card $8.99 a month for this whole year, totaling in $116.87 of charges. I am not a member and I do not use these services. Throughout this year they have not sent me any receipts or any e-mails notify me that I am still a member. I feel completely ripped off. I would like a FULL refund and a cancellation of whatever this is.

• Scribd's response · Feb 28, 2019

Hi Rabab- I'm very sorry to hear about your unexpected charges; most likely you created a subscription with us that wasn't cancelled. Please email us at [email protected] and we'll absolutely issue a refund. Thank you!

• Po
                Polymnia Katsoni Mar 06, 2019

In 16 June 2018 I tried a free trial with your company. In 17 July I have asked you by mail to your company to unsubscribe and opt out of the collection and use my information. In 20 September 2018 I repeated my demand and cancelled my membership once more. Although you have stopped my communication with the collection, you continue to charge me monthly 8, 99 USD until now.

Jan 28, 2019

Scribd — charging without authorization

Hi, I just realized that I have been charging since last May even though I canceled the membership last...

Jan 21, 2019

Scribd Inc 415 - 233623 — unauthorized credit card charge

I not a client, but the compañy still charge. Since 9-7-2018 they chrge $8.99 to my credit card, I a dont...

Jan 03, 2019

Scribd — unauthorized charges

I am being charged twice a month for a service I have never signed up for. I have no account and therefore...

Jan 03, 2019

Scribd — charge for service, I have no account

I just found out that I'm being charged on my bank account for a subscription to this service, but I don't...

Scribd — they kept on charging more than a year after I unsubscribed

Scribd is kept on charging my CC since June 2017, even though many reminders and mails to unsubscribe my...

Scribd — I need help

hello I am been charged every month. I would like some to email me at [protected]@yahoo.com so we can get thi...

Scribd — please refund immediately!!!

Please refund full amount £6.89 immediately of the unnoticed order - SCRIBD INC [protected] US It has come...

Scribd — didn't subscribe to services

11/5/18 . My bank account is being charged $8.99 which I did not authorize or subscribe to services from...

Scribdcharges being deducted when I did not transact

A certain amount has been dedudted from my credit card.i did even know about scribd inc and never transacted.for what is money being deducted from my account.please refund my money.please somebody contact me.my email address is - biggstarr.[protected]@gmail.com.i think some kind of fraud it is .without any otp transaction took place.and i never did any transaction with scribd inc

• Scribd's response · Nov 05, 2018

Hi Guarav - I'm sorry to hear about your unexpected charges. Please send us an email to [email protected] and we'll be happy to locate the charges and issue a refund. Thank you!

Scribd — I am being billed $8.99 per month that I didn't sign up for

My Company visa is being charged $8.99 a month that I did not sign up for. The Visa is under Lancaster...

Scribdbooks or magazines or something along those lines

I have never heard of scribd and certainly NEVER requested any trial or membership because I don't read nor order books online and would NEVER have done that as I cannot afford this at all. I am senior citizen on a limited income and this is the end of my month and could only get $4.30 in gas because your charge of $10.99 took it all. Now I look to see it has been coming out of my pension every month since August and I could cry, I did cry at the gas pump because I don't have gas to to find a place to live. This is very upsetting and unfair practice, as I see many others have had this same exact thing happen. This is horrible and the reason why people don't want to EVER give credit card info online, apparently it gets sold to unethical websites such as this one. I need this money back a total of $37.97--why I was charged more than anybody else is another question, you had a real sucker here.

• Updated by Janet Halverson · Oct 28, 2018

Please please please please please please refund in FULL. I have never been on your site to my knowledge and certainly NEVER ordered a trial or product from you, never contacted you for any reason and I am in desperate need of a refund ASAP.

• Updated by Janet Halverson · Oct 28, 2018

$32.97 sorry

• Scribd's response · Oct 29, 2018

Hi Janet - I'm sorry to hear about the unexpected charges and we'll be happy to help. Please send us an email to [email protected] so we can locate the charges in our system and issue a refund. Thank you!

Scribdscribd membership

Good morning to whom it may concern.

I got a problem with the charge on my Scribd membership.
                  Today I logged in for canceling the membership (today 10/26 was the due date for doing so), but the charge has been already post on my account.
                  I would be really grateful if you could refund the $8.99 to my credit card.
                  Thank you.

Kindest,
                  Lourdes Quiroz

• Scribd's response · Oct 26, 2018

Hi Lourdes - I'm sorry to hear about your unexpected charge; we'll be happy to issue a refund! Please send us an email to [email protected] and we'll take care of this. Thank you!

Scribd — unauthorized credit card charges

Hi I subscribed site on 11 june 2018, as it was offered a free subscription for one month. I was asked to...