Menu

ScoreSense.com  - unauthorized charges

M
Author of the complaint
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My wife keeps an eye on my checking account. She just informed me that Scoresense has just taken money out of my account without my approval. I have gone to all three of the credit reporting agencies and cancelled my accounts. I will be going to the Federal Trade Commission to report them. They have to have a license to operate in the U.S., andsince this is done over the internet, it has to do with interstate commerce.

Helpful? 0 0

More ScoreSense.com complaints & reviews

ScoreSense.com - unauthorized credit card charges
ScoreSense.com - took monies off of my credit card
ScoreSense.com - false practices
ScoreSense.com - still being billed on a closed account
ScoreSense.com - beware — they do not display all their info on the web
ScoreSense.com - unauthorize charges
ScoreSense.com - unauthorized charges to my debit card
14 comments
Sep 10, 2015 2:39 am

Hi,

We would like to help resolve this for you and if you would like to speak with someone directly, please contact our Customer Care team at [protected] to address your concerns. Our agents are available during the following hours:

Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM CST

We look forward to assisting you.

ScoreSense

R
Sep 09, 2015 2:39 am

I called customer service for my debit card today and found out that I have a negative balance of $5.38. Confused, I went into my account to check the transactions to see if I was forgetting a purchase. Nope. Everything was fine. That is until I reached the date [protected]. There is a $1.00 deduction and then 75 cents almost every day after Aug. 22nd. I had never heard of ScoreSense.com until today and I had to look them up to see what it was. I do not give out my information over the internet and very careful when I use it in a store or getting gas. I had a balance of $.88 left on my debit card and I want it back and the daily charges dropped. I am on a very tight budget and I want this cleared up now!

Mar 10, 2011 2:39 am

I went to get my free credit report and before i knew they had deducted 19.95 out of my bank

R
Oct 17, 2011 2:39 am

Unauthorized charges to my bank account.

Sep 03, 2013 2:39 am

Hi Kathleen,

Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM CST

We look forward to assisting you.

ScoreSense

0 0

I have just discovered that Scoresense has done it to me also. I will be very careful who I deal with from now on. (Actually I thought I was this time but I obviously was wrong!

0 0

I also used Scoresense to get a credit report for myself and my wife. They advertised it as a free service. They ended up charging me $1.00 for each credit report. Then one week later, they charged me two charges of $29.95, totaling $59.90. This is very underhanded! Watch out for this company. What a nightmare!

Mar 31, 2012 2:39 am

If you have started a class action, please let us know how to
be included. I am not a member of this board,
so am not able to set up a profile.

I am on a page as 'girl interrupted' on March 30, 2012.

Still having a run-around with these people at ScoreSense
and am debating the IC3.gov route.

Also, BBB .. debating that, too. Definitely will have my
bank dispute this scamming company.

They did not send an official cancellation of 'membership'
number but did give on over the phone. I was never a member
and am resenting the entire rip-off. It would be different if I had
actually signed up and forgotten to cancel...but I never signed
up.. one should be able to check a box stating "I agree"
and there was no box like that.

D

What a scam! This type of tactic should be illegal. The company score sense did nothing to earn $19.95. I am filing a complaint with the better business bureau and contacting visa to file a dispute. As far as I am concerned a theft was committed by score sense.

C
Oct 18, 2011 2:39 am

What a ripoff and when I called to ask about the charges, the gentleman stated "if I had a $ for every call he received with people stating they didn't know when they signed up for free credit report that they were signing up for a membership with Scoresense, he would be a millionaire". Refused to credit my account, only cancelled my "so-called membership" when I insisted that I was not, nor had I ever been interested in their service!

A

Actually, i do have something to say about this, if you people will just read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS, I dont know if you know what that is..obviously not it CLEARY states that if you do not cancel your service within the 7 day free trial, you do have to CALL to cancel or it does charge you MONTH to MONTH for the service..all you have to do is read:

1st go to www.scoresense.com
2nd click on TERMS AND cONDitiONs.
3rd scroll down to where it says
Important Information regarding your authorization to charge your credit or debit card
and READ it.. it does say
Your enrollment in the Services will continue month-to-month unless and until you cancel or we terminate your enrollment..

so really you have no one to blame but yourselves, , and F.Y.I if u put your credit card information in, then you will be charged, HA nothing is free.

May 18, 2011 2:39 am

1 want my money back, how do i get it ? i am a very low income, need it to pay my bills, also to pay my meds

D

I was taken by this criminals

T
Apr 04, 2011 2:39 am

Never authorised transaction of 29.95 x's 2 only 1.00 transaction was agreed too, didn't want membership didn, t agree 2 membership

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

194 complaints