ScoreSense.comunauthorized charges

My wife keeps an eye on my checking account. She just informed me that Scoresense has just taken money out of my account without my approval. I have gone to all three of the credit reporting agencies and cancelled my accounts. I will be going to the Federal Trade Commission to report them. They have to have a license to operate in the U.S., andsince this is done over the internet, it has to do with interstate commerce.

• Du
    Dub C Mar 10, 2011

I went to get my free credit report and before i knew they had deducted 19.95 out of my bank

• Th
    Thomas Lewis Apr 04, 2011

Never authorised transaction of 29.95 x's 2 only 1.00 transaction was agreed too, didn't want membership didn, t agree 2 membership

• Da
    Daniel A Collazo Apr 27, 2011

I was taken by this criminals

• De
    delphin May 18, 2011

1 want my money back, how do i get it ? i am a very low income, need it to pay my bills, also to pay my meds

anonymous chickie Jul 08, 2011

Actually, i do have something to say about this, if you people will just read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS, I dont know if you know what that is..obviously not it CLEARY states that if you do not cancel your service within the 7 day free trial, you do have to CALL to cancel or it does charge you MONTH to MONTH for the service..all you have to do is read:

1st go to www.scoresense.com
    2nd click on TERMS AND cONDitiONs.
    3rd scroll down to where it says
    Important Information regarding your authorization to charge your credit or debit card
    and READ it.. it does say
    Your enrollment in the Services will continue month-to-month unless and until you cancel or we terminate your enrollment..

so really you have no one to blame but yourselves, , and F.Y.I if u put your credit card information in, then you will be charged, HA nothing is free.

• Ro
    Rosita Agatol Oct 17, 2011

Unauthorized charges to my bank account.

• Cm
    C Meyer Oct 18, 2011

What a ripoff and when I called to ask about the charges, the gentleman stated "if I had a $ for every call he received with people stating they didn't know when they signed up for free credit report that they were signing up for a membership with Scoresense, he would be a millionaire". Refused to credit my account, only cancelled my "so-called membership" when I insisted that I was not, nor had I ever been interested in their service!

• Da
    David Gross Mar 04, 2012

What a scam! This type of tactic should be illegal. The company score sense did nothing to earn $19.95. I am filing a complaint with the better business bureau and contacting visa to file a dispute. As far as I am concerned a theft was committed by score sense.

• Su
    Summerdays Mar 31, 2012

If you have started a class action, please let us know how to
    be included. I am not a member of this board,
    so am not able to set up a profile.

I am on a page as 'girl interrupted' on March 30, 2012.

Still having a run-around with these people at ScoreSense
    and am debating the IC3.gov route.

Also, BBB .. debating that, too. Definitely will have my
    bank dispute this scamming company.

They did not send an official cancellation of 'membership'
    number but did give on over the phone. I was never a member
    and am resenting the entire rip-off. It would be different if I had
    actually signed up and forgotten to cancel...but I never signed
    up.. one should be able to check a box stating "I agree"
    and there was no box like that.

• Fr
    Frederic Chelminski Jan 19, 2013

I also used Scoresense to get a credit report for myself and my wife. They advertised it as a free service. They ended up charging me $1.00 for each credit report. Then one week later, they charged me two charges of $29.95, totaling $59.90. This is very underhanded! Watch out for this company. What a nightmare!

• Ka
    kathleen paullin-hintz Aug 30, 2013

I have just discovered that Scoresense has done it to me also. I will be very careful who I deal with from now on. (Actually I thought I was this time but I obviously was wrong!!!

• Sc
    ScoreSense Sep 03, 2013

Hi Kathleen,

We would like to help resolve this for you and if you would like to speak with someone directly, please contact our Customer Care team at [protected] to address your concerns. Our agents are available during the following hours:

Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM CST

We look forward to assisting you.

ScoreSense

• Re
    Reviewer31931 Sep 09, 2015

I called customer service for my debit card today and found out that I have a negative balance of $5.38. Confused, I went into my account to check the transactions to see if I was forgetting a purchase. Nope. Everything was fine. That is until I reached the date [protected]. There is a $1.00 deduction and then 75 cents almost every day after Aug. 22nd. I had never heard of ScoreSense.com until today and I had to look them up to see what it was. I do not give out my information over the internet and very careful when I use it in a store or getting gas. I had a balance of $.88 left on my debit card and I want it back and the daily charges dropped. I am on a very tight budget and I want this cleared up now!

• Sc
    ScoreSense Sep 10, 2015

Hi,

Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM CST

We look forward to assisting you.

ScoreSense

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices