Savings2Gounsolicited e-mail, unwanted membership

Unsolicited e-mail, unauthorized “membership” established in my name.

On the morning of [protected], I received an unsolicited e-mail from Savings2Go
stating “welcome to Savngs2Go” here is your membership number.

I have never heard of this “company” nor have I ever applied to them for a “membership.” Being suspicious, I Googled “Savings2Go complaints” and found a treasure-trove of horror stories about unauthorized charges being made to credit cards.

I immediately contacted the nearest Better Business Bureau in Abilene, Texas about this organization and they were no help at all.

I became concerned about charges showing up on one of my credit cards so I decided to call a phone number in Plano, TX associated with Savings2Go, AKA “Stonebridge Benefits Services Company” at 2700 West Plano Parkway, Plano, TX [protected]. I advised the first person I talked to of the unsolicited e-mail and my desire to NOT BE A MEMBER. I was immediately given the run-around and then asked for personal information concerning my home phone number and my date of birth. I told this person, “let me speak to your supervisor” and I soon began a conversation with someone named (I believe) Sharon. I repeated my dilemma, and got the same song and dance concerning “You need to give me your home phone number and date of birth…”

Long story made short, I told Sharon I was about to file a complaint with the Attorney General of Texas if she didn’t immediately remove me from their “membership.” I did give them the bogus membership number they assigned to me and told them, stop this immediately. Not knowing if they indeed will delete my “membership” and stop sending me unwanted and unsolicited e-mails, I filed a complaint on-line through the Attorney General of Texas.

I am now in the process of sending my complaint file to the address of stonebridge benefits in plano by certified mail with delivery confirmation to ensure these unscrupulous people stop, cease and halt all further e-mails to me. I also wish to keep a paper-trail of this in the event I discover charges being made to my credit card. If they do not comply, I am delighted to file a lawsuit against these people.

• Ga
    gary d garrett Nov 24, 2012

Called at&t number was not good, went to this company, offered deal after deal after deal. would not take no for an answer try it you can always cancel. called to cancel they were closed so I cancelled online, went on vacation, after returning no confirmation of cancellation and they were closed as usual they seem to be a scam and I am worried that I have been had. I am still getting correspodants from them as if nothing has happened. gary garrett 6824 high peaks dr bakersfield calif 93313 #[protected]

• Ka
    Karen - El Paso Aug 18, 2012

I was on a marriott website trying to book a room, I decided to call the 800 number to book the reservation. I "somehow" got a person from [email protected] and they told me it was a short survey and then I would be connected. after this person was making me go through the hoops.. I told him I just wanted to reserve a room. I finally got fedup & hung up. these people called back to my residence (caller id) 5 times. the last time he said it was a manager and said it would just take a few more minutes and I would be connected to the reserve my room. after the recording fininshed, I was disconnected. I ended up calling the marriott on their direct line and told them about my experience, she said they had received other comments such as mine. I do not know if this company "hacked" their 800 number or the marriott has the wrong # on their website (this was for tucson). they sent me hydroxatone - I did not want - did not open the containers returned the product 8-18-12 so we will see what happens. this entire experience is fraud and they should not be allowed to conduct business! I am going to attempt to cancel this right now, I just saw this page and want to express my experience.

• Ac
    acbhmom Jun 27, 2012

It is a scam and nothing but a scam. beware they are trying to do it through the mail. now they are offering a $100.00 wal-mart card for a "reward". my husband called, got charged, can't reach anyone to cancel, and never got the wal-mart card! I will keep calling the numbers that they called us on — but one is already disconnected. bbb and the internet crime complaint case center at [protected] or www.ic3.gov might help.

Shannaj88 Jun 17, 2012

It is a scam!... thank you very much ms "j."... but I didn't give anyone my credit card info over the phone... nor did I sign up for something and forgot that I did... what I did do wrong was — I failed to notice a check mark "a pre-checked area" when ordering something online... just like the complaint above yours... was done "without my consent" to sign me up for their service. that is a sneaky business... if I had wanted "their product/service" along with what I did order... I would have checked it myself, but I didn't check... they did... sneaky, sneaky scammers... but I got my money back!!! over $200.00's... duhh! to you too ms."j"...

• Di
    Diane J. Jun 17, 2012

Savings 2 go was deducting money from my aunts credit card, and when we called and gave him the number next to the charge, they said they didn't charge it and to call her bank. liars. then the next month, they conveniently charged only $1.00. that's what the crooks do! they charge a little one month, and if you don't notice, they charge more the next month. tell your bank to block them. they are scammers and liars.

• La
    LannL Apr 25, 2012

On april 25, 2012 I received unsolicited mail stating that I had prior authorized - by phone - a monthly withdrawal of $14.95 for what??? this is not someting I need, want or care to afford especially since I did not request anything from you. a complaint will be filed with the florida trade commission. I am an 80 plus years old retired teacher and live on a very meager income. I did not knowlingly order anything but may have been looking at an online site or even unsolicited emails that come in like fleas. I will place a stop payment on this immediately. my only income is minimal social security retirement and am also on food stamps for myself and a moderately handicapped adult grandson.

• We
    Wendl Ormsby Dec 01, 2011

I have been getting charged $14.95/month now for 5 months and have no idea for what. I have no idea what product these people offer?

• Re
    Rep12 Oct 05, 2011

Stonebridge is not a scam all you people are idiots for giving your credit card info to ppl you dont even know over the phone. You obviously are getting charged for something that you did authorize and you forget about it or you dont listen to what is being asked of you over the phone. Since you guys dont know how to take care of your account, none of you should have credit cards. And the reason you are being asked for your telephone number is to pull up your account. If you dont want to give the rep that then give them your name. And the reason they ask for your date of birth is for security reasons and if you dont want to give the rep that then ask to verify something else like your address. DUHHH?

• Ri
    richard gartley Mar 03, 2011

unsolicited debit to my checking account in the amount of $14.95 made on 3/01/11

• Cu
    cubanscorpio Oct 12, 2010

Savings2go, stonebridge benefits services, is in fact a scamming company. they scammed me out of more than $200 dollars after I found out late that they were taking money from my account for more than a year. when I called them they claimed I had agreed to their membership thru an online purchase. when I asked what site they couldnt even tell me exactly. they said "household products cleaners/improvements website" which obvsiously is not even a website. this is prove of their deceitful activities. they claimed they sent me an "welcome package" email. this was also a lie, as I always check my email deligentily and never, once, did I recieve a single email from such company, otherwise I would have canceled the trial immediately. they said at the time of purchase I had to give additional information to accept their offer and that this was to prevent unintentional enrollment. this is also a lie as I am always careful to check this type of things when I make online purchases (which is very rarely). I never received, used, or saw any of their products and they refuse to give back the money they stole. buyer beware: savings2go, stonebridge benefits services is scamming consumers. report them to every authority you can.

• De
    dennelle ripka Sep 17, 2010

I have been being charged 12.95 by this company untill today I had never heard of this company. when I called to get information the girl asked my name and phone number, I gave them to her, she said I have no record of you, I then asked if you do not have record of me why are you taking money from my account. she got very rude "I do not have any record of you" I said then stop taking money from my account. she hung up! I called back asking for a supervisor made my complaint of the first "costumer service represenative" and then continued on tellling him of the problems I am having with his company. he also could not find me in the computer. I repeated that I have never heard of savings 2 go. he explained that it was a program for movie tickets, travel, ect. and that I should have recieved coupons for gas and a membership card, I have never recieved anything from this company. after further research we did find my information at a old address and my maiden name. the man on the phone stated that he would stop further payments, and would refund $51.84. this seemed good, however after more research they have taken over 450. oo out of my account. this was a faulse charge and I am intitled to a full refund. not 1/8th of the money taken.

• Ne
    Neen Snow Sep 03, 2010

I just got charged today. I buy online all the time, but this is the first time anything like this has happened. I want my damn money back and I will be making a complaint.

Shannaj88 Aug 20, 2010

I bought an online purchase in march of 2008. I haven't been using my card much because of trying to pay it off. I pay credit card payments online so I didn't look at my bill. it wasn't until I started looking for my rewards on my credit card this month (august of 2010) that I noticed this charge of $14.95. I hadn't been anywhere or used my card in a long time. it was then after digging out all my statements that I noticed this has been on my card without my permission for over a year, since my online purchase. I called these savings2go scammers and told them I wanted my money back! they owed me $269.00, but only agreed to give me back $59.80. I told them I had a video camera and I would show up and make my own documentary on credit card fraud in our area. I think the local tv channels here in dallas has an investigation area. I also threatened to send it to "60 minutes"... I think they will probably have to be taken to court to get my money back.

• 9t
    9to5not Aug 05, 2010

Wow. The way businesses make money today is just wild! I use pre-paid debit cards to purchase stuff online because I can keep track of my purchases better and if I don't put money on the card, no one can get my money. Today I pulled out one of my pre paid cards to see what's been happening over the past few months. Seeing if anyone has been trying to charge anything and being declined. I saw that since 3/5/10, Savings2go has been trying to take $13.95 from my account and it's been declined the whole time. I decided to look them up because I don't remember purchasing anything from this company and I wound up here. Use a pre-paid VISA/MC. Get one from WalMart for inexpensive or Greendot. They work and no one gets money until you put money on the card!

• Ri
    RippedOffInUpstateSC May 11, 2010

My husband ordered a product by phone in february and was offered a bunch of "extra" stuff that he refused repeatedly. the agent kept pushing him and pushing him and my husband told him then and there that he did not want anything except what he ordered. he got a really bad taste in his mouth so he called the credit card company and explained the conversation he had and they recommended he cancel the card and get a new one so he did. here we are three months later with the bill for the new card and a charge for $14.95. unbelievable! he called the credit card company who put him on a three-way call with the company (sb savings2go select) and they agreed to credit the charge. the bank says the merchant should not be able to charge the new account and that this was probably a holdover charge from the other account number. we shall see! can't trust anyone these days!

• Up
    upset nurse Apr 12, 2010

I have just recieved overdraft charges from my bank, when I was going through statements I came across a charge for 14.95 from savings2go. I have no idea what this company is. my husband called them and they stated it started april2009. that is about 165.00 worth of unauthorized charges. we cancelled this and they said that all I had to do was confirm cancel twice on an email I recieved after signing up for this. I didn't sign up for this!!! my bank is aware an they are watching for any further withdrawls. is there anything I can do to get my $ back?

christopher black Feb 13, 2010

Took money from account without authorization.

• Du
    Dustonovich Feb 01, 2010

I had an unauthorized charge to my account approx one and a half to two months ago. I called my bank and they gave me a 1-800 number to call and complain with this company. only that time it was from some place called smokers savior. this is the exact phrase on my bank statement (smokers savior los angel 12/18smokers s). I called the 1-800 number and got my money refunded to my account. now I just realized that savings2go debited my account for $14.95. I have not authorized any charges for this company and they will be reported to the better business bureau, as well as my lawyer. enough is enough, especially reading all these complaints!

• Ra
    rawnaq Jan 21, 2010

this company charged my debit card without authorization

sav2go Dec 23, 2009

i have charge 3 times for somting the i do not buy 12.95

• Ci
    cindy32068 Oct 06, 2009

I was charged 12.95 2 times a month for over 10 months about 207.00 all together!

• Mi
    mistorri Sep 28, 2009

I found this company had taken $14.95 from my checking account. I called them. first, I understand that if you have no account number (which I did not even recieve, as I did not order this company) you have to give them something to verify their account of you, otherwise, you cannot found in their computer. I gave my name and address and they at first put me on hold for a long time. then I called back to a different dept. spoke to "diana". she helped me after getting my name and address. I am sure this happened when I ordered the shamwow. I am supposed to get reimbursed. this also happened recently by another company that had been into my bank account. taking $10 a month for a while! I finally caught on. they only refunded 6 months of my m0ney. I am not sure how much they really got. this has taught me to balance my check book weekly if not more often! scams are everywhere. they count on you not finding out that someone is stealing out of your account. this company may even offer legit services. but... if you take money from clients who do not know they are clients, how good can you be?

• Di
    dirkblb Sep 20, 2009

This company, stonebridge benefit services has stolen $120 in monthly $14.95 transactions from our checking account through a shady opt-in "checkbox" from some other online account transaction. i've never knowingly authorized these charge nor the membership in their so-called travel rewards program.

Comments

• Dr
    Dreded1 Sep 12, 2009

I am one of the thousands of people who have apparently been spending $12.99 a month on something I've never heard of. I noticed my bank account was mysteriously overdrawn today and I had no number to call. So I googled it, found this site and someone mentioned the numbers they had to call. So thank you for this site as I finally managed to cancel the membership I never signed up for and never meant to have to a company I've never heard of.

• Ly
    lynn mcintosh Aug 10, 2009

i am having 12.95 withdrawn out of checking account did not authorized it. Lynn McIntosh want it stopped and put back in

• Ha
    Harley Jul 18, 2009

They are scamming money from people getting into their bank accounts how i do not know.

• Ag
    agrieved Jul 08, 2009

Savings 2 go is a clever scam: they attach themselves to an online $10 rebate for a product you are purchasing (from an infomercial). after submitting your credit card information for the product, you are only asked if you want a rebate. if you click "yes", then — every month — a $14.95 charge appears on your credit card that you cannot account for.
    Btw, you won't see your $10 rebate either. I sent them every computer receipt & printout I had & they simply said "not a valid receipt" they are bs (as in beneath #)!
    Call [protected] and demand cancellation. then, call the better business bureau.

• Oz
    ozonerainey Jul 02, 2009

They took 14.95 out of my checking account and I don't even know of this company.

• Mo
    mortars Jun 28, 2009

Unauthorized charges for 3 months

• Lu
    Lucille Cyr Jun 19, 2009

Please submit

• Lu
    Lucille Cyr Jun 19, 2009

Whatever membership i"m suppose to have...[protected]... I want cancelled... now I better not be charged
    anything on my credit card... whatever I bought that day... has been sent back...
    i'll never buy on line again... lcille cyr 6/20/09 9pm

maria Jun 15, 2009

they change for my credit card 14.95 two time l want my money back

• Tr
    Trisha Jun 09, 2009

I had a charge on my card, and didnt know why, and found out you have to accept a 10.00 dollar coupon or something of that nature when you order something and when you put in your e-mail address it immediatly signs you up, so all you have to do is call there 800 # and tell them you dont want it anymore and they will gladly refund your money within 72 hours they were very quick and nice.

Mark May 23, 2009

I purchased a "Billy Mays" product called "Fix it Pro" and paid online with a credit card. Unknown to me this signed me up for a $14.95 monthly membership to savings2go. I disputed the charge with my credit card company. Billy Mays is a con artist and junk salesman, a thief, a cheat and a fraud. Don't buy his Oxy Clean, Fix it Pro or any of his other junk

• Yo
    yourSavings2go May 11, 2009

If its a debit card you need to have bank reissue a card & report fraudulant activity

• Yo
    yourSavings2go May 11, 2009

Unfortunatly the company is real - and still using this automatic opt-in on several websites - Perhaps if the Attorney General. BBB and FTC should be in receipt of your complaints it might help but probably not- maybe we should suggest that the 1st Lady buy a Shamwow online

The complaints did cause them to hire Melissa who spends all her time responding to the complaints (GOOGLE "At Savings2Go nothing is more important than our customers' satisfaction and our Company's reputation... )

• Ro
    Roberta McCaw Apr 19, 2009

This company continues to charge my credit card.

• Le
    leonepolean Apr 16, 2009

Hi,
    Savings 2 go have deducted $14.95 from my credit account, I never subscribed membership from this company.Please be aware to check that the company is bogus/fake.

NA

Sheila Apr 14, 2009

They charge my credit card 14.95 a month, i did not know they were going to charge me this.

• Pe
    penny perdue Apr 12, 2009

i received a savings to go and charged me 14.95 I have no idea of what it is.I just want my money back I don't have much money as it is I am on fixed in com .I have no idea how they got 14.95 off my card.