Samsung Electronics Logo

Samsung Electronics

Having problems with Samsung Electronics?

1800 726 7864 (USA and Canada)
8800 555 5555 (Russia)
444 7711 (Turkey)
1800 228 899 (Malaysia)
1800 588 855 (Vietnam)
1800 726 7864 (Mexico)
+82 222 550 114 (South Korea)
+44 330 726 7864 (United Kingdom)
+61 130 042 5299 (Australia)
+64 800 672 6786 (New Zealand)
+32 22 012 418 (Belgium)
+45 70 701 970 (Denmark)
+31 889 090 100 (Netherlands)
+351 808 207 267 (Portugal)
+41 800 726 7864 (Switzerland)
+852 36 984 698 (Hong Kong)
+63 24 222 111 (Philippines)
+65 69 161 261 (Singapore)
+27 860 726 7864 (South Africa)
+94 115 900 000 (Sri Lanka)
+66 26 893 232 (Thailand)
+54 800 555 7267 (Argentina)
129, Samsung-ro, Yeongtong-gu, Suwon-si

Japan
Iidabashi Grand Bloom, Iidabashi, 2-10-2 Fujimi, Chiyoda-ku , Tokyo 102-0071

Complaints & Reviews

refrigerator always under repair

We have purchased samsung refrigerator model no: sg25bpwhn on 21/3/2001. Since last year ie 2006 feb, we are having prolonged problems with the refrigerator. Initially they filled gas in feb'06, later it was in the workshop for "water in the body" last month jun'07, and now gas to be filled up again. We are having another refrigerator too which bpl (Frost free) company's since 11yrs without any complaint till now.

I would like to tell all my family friends and folks "not to buy any more samsung home products" from now on specially refrigerators. Their service is bad and their product is hopeless. I am expecting a fair reply from them.

Aruna
[protected]/6, stno.2, lnno.3, tarnaka, sec'bad-17.
Ph: 040-[protected]

rt440 refrigrator problems

I bought in feb 2006 a 440 lt samsung frost free from samsung digital home, amritsar, punjab.
Within 5 months of purchase, there was a problem of water leakage and jammed temperature controls.

Since then, I have complained regularly (Once every 20 30 days) to the local service station but they attribute all this to "design flaws" in the fridge. The extent of their their technicians "service" was to use a blow drier / jug of boiling water on the faulty temp controller which they claim is the problem. Ever since this summer started, the cooling also started going down.

Things came to a head this july, when the fridge stopped cooling and the freezer worked intermittently. The technicians visited me on 8,9,10,12,13 and 14 july but each time they had different diagnosis (Different technicians !) but no solutions. The extent of their "service" was to chuck boiling water into the freezer cooling vents which unjammed the controls temporarily, but they froze soon after.

One bright chap said the vents were too small and proceeded to file them to a larger size. He claimed this problem was common in all fridges of this model. As expected, no effect, no cooling and lots of leakage.

Next guy changed some temp control parts and charged 580 / - out of which 200 was for parts and rest for labor (He had to open three screws and snip lots of retainer clips which he didn't replace). Since I was at wits end, I coughed up even though the company should have taken responsibility since this was a problem which developed within 5 months of purchase.

What gets my goat is that the next day 14/7/07 when the same problems recurred the guy who sold me the fridge blew me off saying he had no time to listen to my problems (Even though it was the first time I was talking to him, and that too only because he had told me to call him if the problem persisted).In the meantime, the "engineer" limited his servicing to ### about how they have to suffer because the fridges have these problems out of the factory.

On consulting other mechanics I have found that there are no faults in other fridges of this model (So much for design flaws). Also, that all the boiling water is going to create problems of rusting and failed insulation very soon. Also that the vents being filed to a larger size means that the temp controller is effectively bypassed.

Most unprofessional, untrustworthy and unconcerned company with an attitude problem to boot.
I want them to a. Repair at their cost b. Refund my cash c. Indemnify in writing that future rusting / insulation failure will be tackled free by them d. If they claim a design flaw, change the fridge with one which works.

defective monitors

Samsung monitor service.

Called to receive replacement monitor. Had a $500 retainer put on my debit card to have the replacement sent to my home. Received a defective monitor. Sent it back. They kept the $ hold on my account.

The second replacement monitor was sent to a ups store when it should have been sent directly to me. No $ hold is necessary for this type of replacement transaction. It took a 30 minute phone call to get my money released.

The total time I had to spend on the phone with samsung, just to get a replacement monitor is over 2.5 hours. This includes the original phone call, 3 to get the defective replacement taken care of, and the last to get my $500 back. I am not sure I would have had it refunded if I did not call.

I had to wait days for the broken replacement to get back to the service center before they would send a second replacement. They would not expedite the release of the second monitor.

This has taken over 3 weeks.

Now, I have to go out to a ups store to pick up the second replacement and drag my old on with me.

Kathryn

My Contact Number: 9819763329/9819171713

• Ab
    abhay Singh Oct 13, 2008

sir,
    I have a samsung monitor and the problem in my monitor is this some patches in the center of the picture tube on my monitor. when i was complained in service center but my problem is not solving and he said your problem has been solved.But i am facing same problem on my monitor. Please solve my problem my contact no. is 9811819573, 01204168578
    Thanx

• Na
    Nancy Gilkes Mar 19, 2009

I purchased a new Samsung monitor over a year a go now. However, I had a problem with it from the start. I thought it was my computer and returned my computer to the place of purchase within 90 days. By the time it was figued out it was the monitor and I contacted Samsung they told me that they could only send out a reconditioned monitor. They did and it was not good, the pixels were bad on the replacement monitor. I contacted them again, they sent me out another monitor. I feel that they send me out the exact monitor I sent them had the same problem as the original. I was able to hook up an old monitor that I had and my computer works just fine.
    I have been on the phone with Samsung many times, and in December 2008 they told me that they were going to send me a refund. I have called them many times since to find out the status of my refund. They leave me on hold forever, then come back with me and tell me that they will have someone contact me within 24 hours, they never do. I have been told many times by their executive relations department that the check was in the mail, there were no problems. I called them again yesterday, March 18, 2009 I was again told that someone would get back with me within 24 hours, they did not. I called back today March 19, 2009, I was left on hold for an hour waiting to talk to someone in another department, they finally hung up on me. I called back and I was then again told that someone would get back with me.
    All I want is this to be resolved, I feel that Samsung has not been treating me fairly. I thought Samsung had a good reputation, however, if this is the way they treat consumers. This is just not right!
    Sincerely,

Nancy Gilkes

• Tr
    Tran May 13, 2009

SAMSUNG service is bad!

washer doesn't work

I purchased a front loading samsung washer and dryer in december from lowes and by may 25 th the washer ha...

low quality monitor

Product: samsung electronics
Location: cicuit city - vineland, nj

I intended to purchase a samsung 226bw 22 inch lcd monitor. A few people had warned me that the aforementioned model had three product model/series: s, a & c. This letter is nowhere to be found on the product packaging; the only way to determine which model one had purchased was to open the box and read the serial number label affixed to the back of each monitor - a slick move on samsung's part. I was advised by friends to buy the "s" model, which reflected samsung's supposed quality/dependability, as reviewed by numerous magazine and online sources. I was warned to stay away from the "a" and "c" models that were shipped afterwards, which are produced for samsung by other manufacturers and are riddled with defects and reliability issues - as confirmed by numerous online circuit city and other retail customer reviews. The in-store, 19 inch and 22 inch samsung monitor display models that I checked were both "s. " the store associate wasn't able to tell me the model letter of the in-stock, 22 inch samsung monitor I intended to buy. I was required to first buy the monitor in question; I immediately opened the box in the store; it turned out to be a "c, " the worst of the two lesser quality series. The exchange of the "c" monitor for an alternative brand was a long fiasco. The whole experience has since caused me to think twice about making any subsequent circuit city purchases. Finally, samsung, with their bait-and-switch tactics, does circuit city a disservice, as clearly seen in the all-too-numerous, poor on-line customer reviews. The in-store samsung monitor displays are of the better quality of a series of the same model number, yet the products that customers are purchasing are of a lesser quality and reliability that is not discernable by a simple, convenient inspection of the model/serial number label affixed to the exterior of each box. I, as well as most people who ask me for advice and ask about my good/bad experiences, can't help but speculate as to which other products samsung, as well as other manufacturers, apply such shady tactics to as well. I consequently won't be buying or recommending anything with a samsung label, as most people with whom I speak agree. Why am I not surprised that circuit city's website prevents me from adding this post to their customer review section?

• Ar
    arthur Jul 15, 2007

I agree.

worst air conditioners

This is to bring to your notice, a very bad experience in terms of the product as well as the customer...

unduly harassed by samsung attitude

My 4 year old semi automatic washing machine is not working since 22nd may 2007. I registered a complaint with the company (Complaint no. [protected]) on 24th may 2007. We were visited by a company engineer who decided that a part needs to be changed and he promised to get it done in two days.

On 26th I called up at the engineers cell phone number to be told that the part was not available, but he would definitely get the repair done in another 2-3 days time. Again I called him up and was told it will take some more time. I called up the company helpline, where they assured me that the complaint will be attended to within another 2 days. Everytime we fixed a certain date and time, so as to be definitely available at home, but were kept waiting without a call or any information. The hepline is useless as they have no knowledge of availability of parts, the cost of repairs or who will be visiting etc. Yesterday I managed to speak to the company service centre, where I was assured that they were inquiring the part on an urgent basis and would be able to get the repair done in another 2-3 days time. And the part that will be replaced will cost about rs. 1100 but comes with a one month guarantee only! I am definitely unhappy and feel unduly harassed by their attitude.

air conditioner not working properly

I have purchased my Samsung 1.5 Ton Window Air conditioner from M/s Ashoka sales Sector 16 Faridabad arox. One month back. Since yesterday I am facing Problem - when I switch on AC from mains - Normally it goes to STANDBY First. When I Press StandBy Button On Remote or Front Panel Its switch ON. But what is happening NOW - When I switch ON AC From Mains Automatically I get Two Characters on AC Front Panel - " Ch #. This seems to be some ERROR occurring due to some Malfunctioning in Controller Section or any SEGMENT in the Display have gone BAD.

AC is also behaving ERRATIC while in SWING MODE or E-SAVER Mode.

• Ji
    jim bob Jul 02, 2007

Why don't you take it back?

Nihal Singh Aug 19, 2008

Dear sir, i am sent the complaint yesterday but no response from your side my complaint number is 8407955207 dated 09.08.2008, you are requested to kindly urgently takeup the matter and solve my problme, otherwise i am go to consumer court or other legal action against your company.

• Mk
    MKHK Jun 06, 2009

This Samsung AC is a pain, the engineer came and fixed it, but could not tell the solution so I could fix it myself in future. He did not open the AC to fix it but just pressed a few buttons. Can anyone tell me the answer please. Now its back again :(. Voltas is much better quality and service.

andrija Aug 20, 2009

Air direction is not moving, this is a hardware malfunction. Please tell me what to do.

Thanks in advance
    Andreas

• Ra
    RAJ VARDHAN May 09, 2015

PRESS TEMP UP AND DOWN BOTH BUTAN FOR 10 SEC FIX THIS PROBLEME OK.

faulty a/c, not attending of complaint!

While going through the exhibition at cii chandigarh in the month of april 2007, I had booked one split ac at...

terrible customer service

I received my brand new refrigerator on april 23,2007. It was not working properly. It beeped every minute, 11 times, 24 hours a day. No light in my fridge and the ice dispenser was sticking, all the time. After 4 weeks of constant phone calls, to them. They never called me. I returned the refrigerator and got a maytag. They lied to me and never did fix my refrigerator. They had 1 company come out 1x and thats it. All they did was say, yes its broke, we need parts. After I returned the fridge, I got a call 1 1/2 weeks later from the service company that my parts finally came in. Samsung has a jd power award for excellent service. I have a 4 page documentation of how badly my service was handled. I was even lied to my their customer service reps, numerous times. I have emailed jd power, (I suggest anyone else please do the same) its jdpower.com contact them via email and either start typing or type ahead of time your complaint and attach it to your email. That is what I did. I also emailed samsung, of coarse I got a generic response. I am mailing letters and going on the internet to any complaint forum that I can find. Please do not let them get away with such poor service. I will never buy samsung again, but lets save other people from endless time and energy dealing with a company that will get you nowhere.

Thanks for reading.

unbelievably bad customer service!

I made the unfortunate mistake of buying a samsung product and have found their customer service to be...

cheating people

My name is saravanan I am from chennai tamilnadu in india today (18-may-07) we bought (Booked) one samsung...

refrigerator died right after warranty period

What a rotten product; what a rotten company. Shortly after the warranty ran out, so did the small printed...

delay in delivery and installation of samsung split ac

My name is mani. I bought samsung 1 ton split ac in amutha & co, tambaram, chennai, india on 13-may-2007. At the time of purchase they (Amutha & co) said that item will be delivered and installed by tomorrow evening between 4 pm and 6 pm (14-may-2007) , but they did not keep their word. I called them after 6 pm on 14-may-2007 several times and when ever I call they were saying that item is coming to your area. And at 9 pm when I called they said that item has not come from storage itself and tomorrow only it would be delivered. If they did not get item from storage itself then why they promised me that it would be delivered on 14-may-2007. After that finally I received item on 15-may-2007 afternoon. But they did not install it. They said that service engineer should come from company (Samsung) and by today evening (15-may-2007) they will come and install. But no body came and I called them at 6 pm and they said that (Amutha & co) service engineer may come tomorrow or day after tomorrow. Is this the way of cheating customers? If dealers are cheating like this then why samsung is giving dealer ship to them.

poor quality product - horrible customer service

I bought a samsung air conditioner (As 18wcx) from bismi 0n 24 mar 2007 (Invoice number 20194) in kochi. Air conditioner stopped functioning (Of course the fan and compressor works, but no cooling) from the third day of installation. Samsung refused to replace the unit, but started sending technicians to repair the unit. But after 3 rounds of repairing the ac is in same condition.

I have been in touch with samsung customer service every week, they have give me letcher on heat load, electrical circuits, compressor. I had followed the recommendation made by the sales person at bismi. Either of these two parties should take responsibility and replace the ac and not use my home as a training ground for service personnel.

faulty compressor

I purchased a samsung air conditioner on 24th of april, form the day it has been installed it never cools below 29 degrees, so I made a complained the next day it was installed that is on 27th but the service people came only by 6th june and found that the compressor is faulty and they went, they never repaired it, they said that some other service people will come to repair it but no one turned out.

• Pr
    Pravin Kumar May 21, 2007

Very poor customer care service from Sam sung.i have purchased Samsung 1.5 to A/C, but it not provides the chillness. It simply ran in fan mode. I have register complain. But no response form their side... I strongly refer DONT GOT FOR SAMSUNG A/C.

ankur mittal May 23, 2007

I purchased a samsung split 2 ton a/c from firozabad-gupta electronics on mar. 2006, i complaint for a prob. (less cooling) in nov. 2006. But up to march 2007 no response was coming, again i do a complaint in mar.2007 then a engineer visit to my home after 3 days ,on that time electricity were not coming so it goes back and still now no response is coming, i also complaint in customer care. My family faced too much prob. as i have use this samsung a/c 1st time, really its a very bad experience, and surely if no response coming then i'll go to media and consumer court.

• Ha
    HARI SHANKAR PRASAD SINGH May 29, 2007

We have purchased one SAMSUNG split AC from our local shop NATIONAL ELECTRONICS-SAKCH, JAMSHEDPUR on 28.05.2007. Service person who has come to install , simply intall and went back. Till today ( 31.05.2007) it is not started. After atleast 100 complain and 10 times visiting to shop, no service engineers have visited . Still set is hanging on wall without operation. The person who has come to install has finally told that this set is FAULTY and only service engineer can rectify this. But till now nobody has come forward to check or rectify it.

It is my sincere advice to all who are planning to buy AC, PLEASE DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG AC.

• Rs
    R S Bhattacharya Jun 02, 2007

I have purchased a split Samsung AC from The Time & Tune Behala Manton Super Market Ph No 033 23971521 on 27th May 07. The same was installed on that date but the air conditioner is not providing any chillness. It is getting started but after 2 to 3 mins only the fan is working.

I have complained over telephone on 28th ,29th ,30the & gone in person on 2nd June. Each time the service is confirming that someone will attend within one hour but no one has reported till date. If the mechanic reports that there is some problem with the machine then I will return the same & ask for refund of my money & buy machine of other company who gives good product & service.

• Ka
    karthiyapper Jul 14, 2008

Hi

I have purchased a samsung 1.5 split airconditioner. Al went fine till the warranty, it started from there i.e gas leak, low cooling. Now this time when i switched the Ac's on, when the compressor is on the whole power in that phase goes off. i.e the fuse is getting burned.

This is how the samsung Ac Works

anu paul Jul 14, 2008

samsung has the ### customer service..completely agree... even we had to go through this ordeal... Repeated complaints and several calls to the customer care number have yielded no result... So please .. anyone seeking to buy a new air conditioner... its better to go without one dan buy a samsung and lose your peace of mind...

Nihal Singh Aug 18, 2008

i nihal singh, 713/11 NH-4, Faridabad Haryana Mobile No. 9873280076, purchase Air Condition Model No. 182KA vide 2022 dt. 23.04.08 through M/s Electronic Traders, 2&3, Shiv Mandir, Market No.5, NIT Faridabad-121001, i am loged the complaint on 09.08.2008 but till date not repair by your staff. I am requested to you please kindly takeup the matter at your level please.

Nihal Singh Aug 19, 2008

• Pa
    Parul Goel Aug 03, 2009

I completely agree that Samsung offers the worst customer service in the consumer electronics market.
    I have purchased an 1.5ton split Ac from samsung in may09 and till today its not working properly.
    The samsung engineers know nothing about their Acs and right from bottom to top everyone in Samsung is highly irresponsible.I think the company should shut down its operations in the face of numerous complaints that its customers have to face everyday.Complaints that never get attended.I think a boycott should be carried out by the consumers with the help of media to remove the name of samsung from the consumer electronics market. It is the ### company that i have seen.

service is not available

I have purchased one samsung sgh x-700 mobile phone in chennai. The mobile phone is still under warranty. The mobile was taken to the company authorized service centre, at ayanavaram, chennai. I find the service engineers were not properly trained. They were unable to solve the problem. I was given back my mobile saying that the board got crack, and no spares with them and phone cannot be repaired. I wonder how samsung can sell a mobile in a show room, if they cannot offer after sales service. Samsung mobile buyers may kindly take a note of this and give a second thought if at all to buy a samsung mobile phone. This is posted fairly in view of good faith to warn the consumers.

samsung split ac sucks!

I have purchased a 1.5 ton split ac from a franchise named vasanth & co at my native pudukkottai (Tamil nadu). It was purchased around these time last year. It worked for a very less time for the last one year. Since we got the ac it is not too hot or we were not there at home most of the time to utilize. I can briefly say it is under utilized in the past 1 year. Now the summer has started and if we switch on the ac, it runs for 15 minutes and the trip switch turns off. We suspected the power supply and the hot climate. One intelligent underaged ac mechanic (Courtesy franchise vasanth & co) came and he checked all and he said all are fine with ac and only we need to increase the main fuse with 32 amps instead of existing 16amps. We changed and the result is same. Now nobody turns up to check and rectify the issue. The ac does not run continuously for more that 15 minutes. We spent 22,000 rs for nothing but a piece a ### the does not work. The samsung co. Is also not concerned about these franchise rascals...

• Gh
    ghassanov Mar 27, 2008

samsung ac split model ast 30c4be
    indoor unit not responding to remote control commands while the lights blinking with alarm noise
    someone told me needs reprograming but no codes avilable.could u please who be able to provide me with the codes for reprog.thanks alot.

• Ar
    Armand Aug 26, 2008

Check the capacitor in the outdoorunit

• Di
    Dilip Goswami Apr 27, 2011

A C IS NOT COOLING

no cooling, faulty compressor

I bought the air conditioner in summer 2005, since then it just worked properly for about 1 month. On complaining, nothing worked out. Service men come every time and say that the a. C. Is working fine and there is no problem despite repeated complaints that once the compressor drips it takes a lot of time to pick up. And now even after 2-3 hrs the compressor doesn't pick up.

I feel either the quality standards of the company are to low or the customer executives are all useless.

Local a. C. S work 100% much better than the samsung a. C. Split. And they are cost effective also.

• Si
    Sivakumar Jayabalan May 02, 2007

Hi,

The above complaint is completely true and I agree to that. We have purchased a 1.5 ton split AC and it did work in winter and autumn season. Once when the summer starts these piece of ### does not work and their service also sucks. The AC mechanic arrive he says no problem with AC and I firmly believe he has no idea of whats wrong? His finding are obvious that the AC is fine and power supply is not correct. Even if we change the power amps supply the AC does not work. we are very poor Indians getting cheated...

• Bi
    Binoy Sundaran May 03, 2007

I had the same experience with the 1.5T Samsung split AC.They have the worst customer care and the worst engineers.
    I had purchased it in April and it has never worked properly. They had somebody come in to fix this after about 2 weeks we reported to the customer care and the very same day its back to square one. Now we have asked for a recall of the product and the engineer says he has to check what the problem is and then report to his boss. He also says that the company has certain processes and it will take time to fix any problems. I really wonder if Samsung is going to last.

"Please Never Buy any Samsung Product".

• Tk
    T.krishna mohan May 29, 2007

I had the same experience with the 1.5T Samsung split AC. They have the worst customer care and the worst engineers. I had purchased it in may-2006 and it has never worked properly. They had somebody come in to fix this after about 2 weeks we reported to the customer care and the very same day its back to square one. Now we have asked for a recall of the product and the engineer says he has to check what the problem is and then report to his boss. He also says that the company has certain processes and it will take time to fix any problems. I really wonder if Samsung is going to last.

"Please Never Buy any Samsung Product".

Sanjay Goyal Jun 04, 2007

Guys, its time to start a mail chain on the piece of ### that is Samsung ### AC, which is worst. Even 7 years old LG AC works better and it was worst product decision of my life to have bought this sucker for my bedroom from a ### company called Samsung. I have vowed to never buy a product from this ### company.

The ###s from the company do not realize that the AC trips because of poor quality of Compressor, which just gives up during high heat and does not work for many hours.

PLEASE NEVER BUY A SAMSUNG ### PRODUCT AGAIN

• St
    stephen Reid Jul 07, 2007

I have had a Samsung split AC for 5 summers and it has never made it through a summer without failing. I have had burned out compressors and circuit boards and other problems, I can't even recall.

chandra sekahar Jan 30, 2008

I am 100% agree that the samsung Split AC is the worst AC in this universe. The Managers, Technicians and even customer care people are also worst. I appeal all the pople that even any one or company gives free of cost also not to accept. 100% gurantee that the Split AC never work.

Moreover it will be a burden to whoever owns.

I purchased in March 2007 since then till now 4 times replaced indoor unit, one time outdoor unit. Nothing is solved. I approached Shoban Kumar- In-charge of AP about this issue, he also not helped and disconnected the phone also.

Later Mr. Jaiprakash came to the picture who is the responsbile for sort out the matterand agreed to refund within 12 working days from 30th Jan,2008.

Letus see how his promise will be turn.

• To
    tony seet Mar 16, 2008

Living in Melbourne with my new Samsung airconditioner have caused my family nightmares. Leaking and cooling problems are a normal thing after nealry a year of use. The warranty expired rendering us 3rd party repair bills. It is probably the worst problematic air conditioner we ever had.
    The other terrible air conditioner is a Panasonic Super Ionizer. Fan motor need replacing twice in a year. PCB had to be replaced. Fan unit slowed down and was replaced.
    We have 4 air conditioners in our house. The most reliable are Toshiba Daiseikai and LG Artcool. Very good cooling and no repair bills at all so far!

• Ed
    edgar leonard May 29, 2008

ihave a window unit and this will be the second exterior fan blade go bad ( just breaks were the blade connects to the center hub )which sucks theres no place in my town to get the part .

• Gs
    gsmarun Jun 23, 2009

SAMSUNG - CHEAPEST EVER KOREAN MAKE

i agree with a similar problem with Samsunsung Spilt A/c bought in chennai. This company pays their dealers well and they cheat customers by even selling stock old than 10 months and unit failed twice within 6 months of warranty period.

Over the above the ASP fellows are totally unreliable and have no committment . Best part the is the regional office guys ( Samsung direct employees ) are the coolest ... but A/c remains like heater, guys are absolutely cold and deflecting

Pls dont buy samsung a/c looking at their ADs or based on dealers push. This korean make is the cheapest dump in India.

Jairath Jul 20, 2009

it is quite common in India to pass on bugs to another. Samasung staff, either has the habit or has been guided to do so.
    Usually they pass on problem to the power supply.
    If they feel that power supply has the proble, it can be in one or the other case, not in all. Most important parts is, why dont they prove it that power supply is bad by replacing their own labortary tested power supply at the consumer end, may be for three or four days. to prove .

very poor after sale service!

I have samsung sghe730. I am using this phone for 2 years.In dec'06 because of my mistake the lcd screen was broken. I got it repaired from samsung company's service center in vile parle, near nanavati hospital. Also paid rs 4000 / - for it. The phone was working ok for 3 months and now it started giving problems regarding display. When I reported the matter to samsung, service center started giving erratic reply. They say that problem is due to some internal display connector which is broken. It is due to handling problems as per them.

I do not understand the connector which is internal; how can I mishandle that. I am sure that either manufacturing defect or wrong handling by repair person. They are now telling me to pay for the same thing which I got repaired in dec'06.

I am really annoyed due to their erratic and illogical answers. I want to take up the matter with top people of samsung. I am sure they will understand the gravity and will help me.

• Ro
    RONIE KIRAN May 14, 2007

This is to inform you that we have ordered a samsung-250 refrigerator from panjagutta (company out let in Hyderabad) last Saturday in 4th may 07. We still didn't receive the product even after a week. When contacted I was informed that the fridge is out of stock and you will have to wait for one more week. I was surprised to see the same fridge is readily available outside. They were not even concerned to contact us and inform the delay in delivery.

• Am
    Amit Khanna Sep 27, 2008

I am having a Samsung Micro-Wave Oven. There has been a damage to the flexible PCB inside along with the wiring by a Rat. Since last more than 2 years I am struggling to get it repaired even in City like Pune. The response is very clear "please contact our head Service Station as these spares are not easily available". I have bought the Top Brand of Micro-wave from Samsung and I do not want to throw it simply because the Spares are not available.

CAN SOMEONE HELP !!

• De
    Deepak Luthra Apr 08, 2010

I had bought a Saumsung Star with WiFi Model No. GT-S5233W on February 7, 2010 from Hotspot. ( A Unit Of Spice Retail Limited ) WZ-152-A/3, main Najafgarh Road, Near metro Pillar No. 678, Uttam Nagar, New Delhi – 110059, vide bill no. ( Book No. 614/07 & Serial No. 331 ) dated February 7, 2010 for Rs. 8075/- all inclusive.

Serial No. Of The Mobile : RP1S977806L
    IMEI No. : 355471030799773

From the day one this mobile was giving me problem, as it used to get re-booted while talking ( or even lying on the table ) and the frequency of re-booting increased to 4-5 time a day.

Finally I took my mobile to Bharat Communication, Phahar Gunj ( Samsung Authorised Service Centre )on March 27, 2010. Initially without checking anything, they told me that it has to be formatted and all data will be lost. I compromised on the data and gave them go ahead so that whatever problem is there can be rectified. Even after that the mobile re-booted and they told me to leave the mobile with them, which I did.

Work Order No. is 10C270017 Dated 27-03-2010

Since then I was following up with the Service Centre and for the last 4-5 days I am being told the the PCB has been changed and hence IMEI no. has been changed, which is to be updated, but Samsung site is having some problem because of which they are not able to fix my mobile.

Finally on April 5th 2010 evening they have given me the mobile no. of Mr. Sumit Seth, telling me that Mr. Seth is the Area Manager, and if I am having any service related issue I may please talk to Mr. Seth on 9717766365. Since then I am trying Mr. Seth’s no. but he does not pick up the phone neither calls back, even after leaving SMS. Then I wrote an e-mail to Samsung through the e-mail link on Samsung’s website to which I was responded back on April 6th 2010 by a computer generated e-mail, wherein I was given a transaction no. 2004236206 assuring that someone from the concerned department will contact me, but nothing of that sort has happened. On April 5th 2010 only I call Samsung Helpline no. also ( 011-30308282 ) and talked to Mr. Jitender, who gave me the transaction no. 8414225255 and also promised to take this up with the concerned authority and ensure that some senior person calls me, but again nothing of that sort happened.

On April 6th 2010 I again called up Samsung Service Provider, Bharat Communication and the lady at the front desk told me that the Service Franchise owner Mr. Bharat himself has gone to main Service Centre of Samsung at Nehru Place to get the fault checked and he will be back in the evening and I will be updated on the status of my mobile, again no one updated me. I was actually surprised on this feedback that my mobile is being taken to main Service Centre of Samsung for fault diagnosis as they had already told me that they have replaced the PCB and IMEI no. updation is pending, which is not happening due to some problem in Samsung’s site.

Again on April 7th 2010 after waiting for the inputs, I called up Bharat Communication in the second half to know the status of my mobile and after being put on hold for long I was told to call up by 6.00 P.M., when I confronted the lady at the front desk, she made me talk to Mr. Ravi, who told me that I can come by 6.00 P.M. and collect my mobile. I reached the Service Centre, Bharat Communication sharp at 6.00 P.M. to collect my mobile. Mr. Ravi attended me and handed over my mobile to me, telling me that PCB has been replaced and INEI no. updation has also been done after the mobile was taken to the main Service Centre of Samsung in Nehru Place. I said fine, let me use this mobile for few days and check whether the re-booting problem has actually been rectified or not and ask for a call report. On this I was told that they will not give me any call report ( wherein details of the action taken and the current status of the mobile was supposed to be mentioned ). Instead I was told to give the receiving of the mobile on the Job card and take the mobile back. When I insisted on getting the call report, the owner of Bharat Communication Mr. Bharat told me that they will not give me any call report and if I have any issue in that I can talk to the people at Samsung. He also offered to write the new IMEI no. ( which actually changed as they replaced main PCB of the mobile phone ) on my bill itself, to which I didn’t agree and insisted on getting the call report, properly mentioning action taken on my mobile to make it up and running and if the IMEI no. has changed, that also is to be documented in the customer call report, to which he didn’t agree.

Then I started trying mobile no. of Mr. Sumit Seth ( 9717766365 ) and left SMS also, but as usual he didn’t pickup my call, neither did he called back. I called up Samsung Helpline ( 011-30308282 ) and talked to Sakshi, Manoj & Sneha. Very unfortunately I have to put this on records that these people seem to be trained to disconnect the phone while customer is sharing his/her problem and just put the phone down saying we are not able to hear your voice.

Further adding to my agony, owner of the Service Centre, Mr. Bharat told me that he has just updated my IMEI no., while I was trying to talk to various people in Samsung and told me that my IMEI no. has not been changed and showed me my original IMEI no. on the mobile screen by executing some command. This was so shocking for me that after telling me the story of IMEI no. being changed and problem being faced in updating the new IMEI no. I am being told that IMEI no. of my mobiles now remains same as earlier.

I again requested Mr. Bharat to give me the customer call report and he simply refused. I therefore have not collected my mobile and have left it with the Service centre, as being a customer I have all the rights to know what Samsung / Samsung Service Providers have done with my mobile, what action have they taken, what part have they replaced. By not giving me a customer call report Samsung and Samsung Service providers are depriving a customer of his rights.

One more problem I face with this mobile, which I discussed with Mr. Bharat, is that I am not able to send or receive business card on this mobile and Mr. Bharat confirmed that there is a problem to which there is no solution as of now.

If we summarize all the facts, Samsung is fleecing it customers by selling inferior quality products, which fail in one month, which have problem in the technology being used and also on account of deficiency of Services to its customers.

Such services are not at all acceptable and are not expected from a company of repute like Samsung.

I have made up my mind that I no longer intend to use Samsung products anymore and want Samsung to refund Rs, 8075/- of my hard earned money I spent on buying Samsung Mobile.

I therefore request you to instruct Samsung management to return my money and penalise Samsung & Samsung Service Provide Bharat Communication for being completely insensitive towards customers, non cooperative and deficiency of services to its customer

Thanks & Regards

Deepak Luthra

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices