The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Salvation Army — salvation army
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
I worked for the Salvation Army for 6 1/2 years as a Thrift Store Manager. One year and 5 months ago our Major didn't feel that the location of the store was in our best interest, rented a new building, much larger in the same town. Once we moved he set new goals for our daily sales. The Major did no new advertising to help with our business. I told him that his goals were unreasonable for the depressed area that we live in. After we moved 2 more thrift stores opened up in the same town. We never did reach the goal of $1000 daily. Over the past 4 months I received 2 written warnings for not making $1000 a day. I responded that it was unfair, I wasn't responsible for 1) the number of people who came in to the store OR 2) the amount of money they spent. Still he did no advertising, I did what free advertising I could on-line. But still we never hit the $1000 daily mark.
Two weeks ago I was fired for the reason that the store didn't meet it's goals, I have that in writing. I quote what was said to me.."It's nothing personal it's all about the numbers" I applied for Unemployment and was shocked to find that all four earning quarters were $0.00!! I called unemployment to find out the error, I was told nothing was EVER paid in for me as the SA is tax exempt and doesn't have to pay!
So much for the SALVATION ARMY DOING THE MOST GOOD! Since then I have been doing some research and have found the the SA is very anti-gay, much of their Christmas Bucket money goes the help anti -gay programs. The SA even tried to break New York anti- discrimination state law by not allowing gays into shelters and soup kitchens. They threatened to close shelters in NYC if the state would not let them around this law! The SA thinks it is above the law in many ways!
I am urging people to make their donations elsewhere and to support other thrift stores. Take a 2nd look at that bell ringer at Christmas time and know they are supporting the anti-gay movement! The Salvation doesn't do the most good!!!
More Salvation Army Complaints & Reviews
- The Salvation Army - donations spent on officers, not the needy
- Salvation Army - discrimination
- The Salvation Army - working for them is horrible
- The Salvation Army Phoenix Arc - abusive director of rehab services
- The Salvation Army - stealing from the salvation army
- The Salvation Army USA - co worker and the back stabbing and lies
- The Salvation Army USA - discrimination and harassment
- Salvation Army - refuse to allow customer to test out used electronic devices
- The Salvation Army USA - service
- The Salvation Army - screw over and abuse their hardworking employees