Menu

D
Author of the complaint
12:07 pm EDT
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was offered a free scan from pc cleaner. When the scan finished, I had several items on my computer (According to pc cleaner) that needed to be removed. When I started to have them removed that is when I was informed that in order to remove all of the threats on my computer it would cost me $29.95, but that my computer would run better & faster. But after the money was paid, low & behold, my computer had not changed at all. It still ran slow, and then began to freeze up on me when I was in the middle of something I was doing. Now, I have no idea how to go about getting a refund for this rip-off!

More SafeCart complaints & reviews

SafeCart - fraudulent charge
SafeCart - foreign transaction fee
SafeCart - payment in error
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
SafeCart - I bought their anti virus software but not only did not work but damaged my comp severely
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
SafeCart - unable to reach re: double billing
SafeCart - kjøp av safecart pchelp1 855 432 0727
10 comments
P
Oct 07, 2013 5:13 pm EDT

I did get my funds back as I paid with Pay Pal and now will go in and check the recurring and will change passdwords.
My computer was slow but is really bad now since downloading safecart. i cannot get into my add and remove file to make sure it has been uninstalled. I feel safecart is at faulkt with that. i have to take my computer in now to get all cleaned. I am very upset as I use that computer for my job.
Any one else have problems deleting the program? If not, then how did you do it.? Like above, I cannot get into my uninstall program.

P
Aug 19, 2013 3:29 pm EDT

THIS IS A SCAM. THEY CHARGED ME 29.95 AND IT DID"NT FIX NOTHING ON MY COMPUTER. I HAD TO TAKE TO A SHOP AFTER I WASTED MY MONEY OM THIS "CRAP"..., MY COMPUTER WORKS GREAT NOW. I WENT BACK ON THIS SIGHT AND THEY HAD THE HEART TO TELL MY COMPUTER NEEDED FIXING, 'again". what a rip off...

Yes, PC Cleaner is a SCAM. I have spent countless hours in undoing this SCAM. If you happen to pay by PayPal, make sure you go into what is called Recurring Payments and CANCEL future Recurring Payments cause if you dont you end up with a NASTY surprise 6 months later. Next change all of your passwords for PayPal and Security Questions. If you cant find the Recurring Payments section, then go to the CONTACT button for PayPal and call them. They will take care of you. The first time PC Cleaner through SafeCart tried to charge me something my bank put a stop payment on them. We thought it was the end of it. 6 months later SafeCart is making unauthorized transactions through PayPal. Contacted bank reported SafeCart, contacted SafeCart and did speak with a human being who knew I had placed a Dispute on my PayPal account. Funny...how did they know this information, and they were very insisting on me removing the Dispute so they could give me back my money. I contact PayPal and talked to a higher up that stated NEVER cancel a Dispute if a merchant tells you to do so, this is just another sign of bad things. My issue is resolved and SafeCart WILL NOT be a problem in the future. In fact what is funny is that SafeCart does NOT have a phone number for PC Cleaner only a email address. And PC Cleaner is not on their list of Software companies they deal with. Um HELLO SCAM SCAM. So DONT do what SafeCart Rep mentioned about, instead contact your bank, contact PayPal and make sure you put a STOP to SafeCart, and make sure your Recurring Payments (which SafeCart claims PayPal automatically set me up on) is STOP. Change ALL of your Passwords. Pass it on SafeCart is NOT SAFE, and PC Cleaner is SCAM.

Dec 17, 2012 12:23 am EST
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

safecart you have taken my money out of my bank account please give it back didn't order anythang from you (jerry.arnold93@yahoo.com).

S
Oct 12, 2012 11:15 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I canceled my pc cleaner and you still charged me want my money back in my acct as soon as possible!~!~!~!~!~!

B
Oct 05, 2012 9:01 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

you all have taken my money out of my bank and i want it back please, , betty mcride16@yahoo.com, , , thanks

B
Oct 05, 2012 9:00 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

i di not ask for this and i want my money back" now" thank you and dont be taking my money out of my account, , that is steeling, , bettymcbride16@yahoo.com

D
Jun 26, 2012 4:50 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Common complaint it would seem -
Paif 29.95 for Fast Again PC Booster, via PayPal.
Thought I'd boughty something but turned out I needed to contact them by phone. I use my phone for the internet connection. Thery didn't know how )I may have misuinderstood) to guide me with hard-wired internet. I can read but can't hear well. Asked for my money back. They put me on some sort of hold (no dial toe and no signal). Held for a few minutes and gave up. Decided to eat the $30.
Notified by PayPal O'd agreed to regular payments going on indefinatelt to SafeCart.. $15 twice a year. PayPal let me cancel that. I'm still out the $30 and have fingers crossed S afeCart can't get me for some kind of contract fault.

Mar 16, 2012 10:13 am EDT

Scam?

Mar 16, 2012 10:12 am EDT

Same problem here PC runs no differently than before. Charged my card$39.94 which I will pay but sorely disappointed . Be nice to know if the company will stand behind their agreement Would this be considered an online scam?

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

147 complaints