SA Home Loanshomeowners insurance

Q

Gives only information bit by bit so that each step in the process is delayed by a few days. My claims handler was Primeshni Govender. She never contacted me until I complained about it. She blamed the other consultants for her lack of communication by saying that they should have given me the information. I logged my claim on the 29th June 2018 and the first consultant was very friendly. I got no response from Govender, so I called the assessment company on the 2nd Jul, which helped me the same day. I e-mailed Govender on the 3rd of Jul for an update and got no response. However I did get an sms on the 4th Jul to tell me I have an appointment, which I set-up on the 2nd Jul (hmm back dated 2 days lovely). I then call on the 5th Jul to find out what the verdict is and all of a sudden the consultant (not Govender) says I need proof that the repairs has been completed. I was so disappointed because no one until this time told me I needed proof of repairs. I told them that I was in a hurry because I was renovating my entire kitchen and the people was to start breaking down. I then asked what kind of proof and they said an invoice. So the same day, I sent the proof. Hoever, they can not send me the assessment amount for some reason (if it was below the amount the delays was costing me I would have cancelled the whole process). I then send Govender an e-mail the 9th Jul to please confirm she got the proof of payment for the repairs and to let me know when the claims assessment will be completed. Yet again I get no response. So I called again and the claim is approved but they still can not give me the amount but oh because I want to go with my company for the repairs I am required to give them a quote from my company. They still can not give me the amount because the exact words used "so they can compare the quotes", simply implying if the quote is below their assessment company's quote then they will pay the lower amount or if it is higher then they decline my company's quote. What a load of bull. Then I tell Govender I want to complain about this service, her lack of communication and the delays it has caused me. She says she will listen to the call recordings. I told her that that means nothing to me because it will not change the outcome or prevent it in future. She says but my complaint is not valid and she needs to listen to the calls. I told her that she can not tell a customer that their complaints are not valid especially when the customer can not verify the calls. Also her superiors should know about the lack of service I have been getting from this consultant in particular.

• Ri
    Riaanl Oct 31, 2018

My gate was damaged in a storm 2 months ago. A claim was lock and then my problems started. Shavonne was the contact person but no feedback was ever done. I had to phone and sent emails to find out what was happening. Just spoke to Carien only to find out that the only thing that was on the file was my quotes that i got. How incompetent must you be to get fired. As soon as this is resolved i will move my insurance to a proper company.
    CL4292654 Riaan Louw