Ruby Tuesdayteam member (no warning or write up but fired)

My name is Brianna McCully and i have been working at Ruby Tuesday since May 30, 2015. I recently got fired and did not know until i got home from school. I go to school at Hinds Community College in Raymond, Ms which is 2 hours and 36 mins from Starkville, Ms. My manager (Mike) and I had an agreement that i would tell him the weekends that i could work and he would put me on the schedule. He also told me that the first time he put me on the schedule and i didn't show up that he would fire me. He put me on schedule two weekends in a row when i did not tell him to. The first weekend i went without saying anything, the second weekend i had to play with the drumline at this heart walk in Clinton, Ms so i did not tell him to put me on schedule. I had already told Mes. Ronetta that i had something to do and probably couldn't make it and to let her know if i could come to work or not. Bianca (another manager) heard every word that was said. Mike slammed his clipped board on the table and said, " First off, I don't like how you cane at me talking about " why am i not on the schedule?" I did not holler at this man but he was so rude to me. He said that i told him to put me on the schedule and that we did not agree that i would tell him when to put me on schedule. I have a big problem with this because i never missed work, i never got wrote up, never got a warning, and i was not notified about being fired until i got home for Thanksgiving Break. I found out through my sister (Tianna) who was notified by Bianca who was trying to put me on the schedule. He also did not do anything to a host who missed work.

• Br
    BriannaM Nov 27, 2015

This is about the General Manager.

• ROBIN66 Nov 27, 2015

why you got fired? what is the reason you got fired? you should go to department of labor in MS, to file an complaint.