Ruby Tuesday'sdresscode

I went to Ruby Tuesday's on Sat Nov 26th I was there with my girlfriend and another couple to celebrate my birthday dinner. while there the host stated that they have a no baseball hat policy and pointed to a handwritten sign that stated there were no baseball hats allowed. I asked him why were there no hats allowed and he stated because there was an incident in southeast DC where several young black males committed a murder and then came into dine at Ruby Tuesday's, and they were all wearing baseball hats. We were all dressed in semi-business casual attire and were at a comedy event earlier, there should be no confusion with and anyone that would commit murder. We still asked to be seated and he seated us and while at the table the manager came over to us and asked me to remove my hat, I told him that first it is my religious customs to cover the crown of my head and that is why I wear a hat. second, I pointed out to him other patrons that were white and they were wearing baseball caps that he stated was forbidden. Third, I usually patron Ruby Tuesday's a few time a week and this is the first that I'm hearing of this policy, he stated that his is a corporate policy and and it is mandated. I replied to him I will not remove my hat and I will leave this establishment and I stated to him i feel as though he is singling me out because I look young and I'm black. Ruby Tuesday's is a good restaurant and i always loved it. However, after this embarrassing event I feel as my rights were violated and will never patron this restaurant again, and I will also file a complaint with the ACLU because I feel as though I was discriminated against and my civil rights were violated.

• Ya
    Yarbrough Jul 22, 2016

There are not many selections of restaurants in Jasper, and I decided to give Ruby Tuesday another chance as my past experiences there have not been good. There always seems to be an excuse that is given by the current wait staff (as they never last long there)...APPARTENTLY there is a reason and I would not blame it on the nonsmoking ordinance as I have been there before the law was passed and this is the first time since the no smoking rule and the service and food is still not what one would expect for the prices. First of all we arrived at 6:00 PM which is 30 minutes before the Happy Hour ends. We ordered a glass of wine while we made out dinner selection. I asked the wait person about bringing an additional glass of wine while the happy hour was in effect and she informed me of the tiny almost non existence fine print that stated you must sit in the dining area to have that option, even though we were ordering from the full dinner menu but decided to sit in the bar area. WE ordered dinner which was a $15.00 dinner item and when the bill came I was shocked to discover that the order for 2 glasses of "house wine" was $10.49 each. I have had dinner at many fine restaurants ( which I don't count Ruby Tuesday as one of) and it has been very seldom if ever that I have paid $10.49 for a glass of Cabernet especially one advertised as the house wine. The wait person should have explained that they did not have a "house Cab.". I paid for my food and wine, was not a great or even good dining experience, left a tip that was not quite deserved since nothing was explained up front) but will not choose to eat at Ruby Tuesday in Jasper again. I hate the 45 minute drive to B'ham but at least you have choices there and can eat at a much nicer restaurant with more atmosphere.
    Jasper is not a town for a nice dining experience unfortunately, and Ruby Tuesday goes right along with that tradition but with prices that are unwarranted for their food, wine and service.

Just 3 words 'WON'T BE BACK".

Wand Yarbrough

• Pa
    Pam Brasher Jul 22, 2016

Last night (4/30/12) a friend & I went to Ruby Tuesday's to eat. We got a salad with our meal. She asked for crackers & I also asked for crackers from 2 different servers. Never got crackers. Our server was in too big of a hurry to be off work I guess. She told us we were her last table. There was only 2 tables occupied other than ours on that side of the restaurant. I paid with cash but my friend used her debit card. The server charged her debit card for both meals. My friend called the restaurant this morning when she realized what had happened. They didn't seemed concerned about it. They are crediting her account back, but I'm suggesting that your servers be more careful when charging on debits cards. This could cause major problems. Very disappointed with the service at this restaurant.

• Id
    Idocare Jul 22, 2016

Because they never got their crackers...

• Cl
    clawson Mar 25, 2012

We went here for the 2nd time hoping it would be better than last time. It is amazing what a bang up job the TV commercials and the menus do with presenting the food! If there was just a small resemblance it might have been a ok meal. We want go back. We are fortunate to have many good restaurants that serve food worth eating

• At
    At _Your_ Service Nov 29, 2011

Venice is a whacko!!

• At
    At _Your_ Service Nov 29, 2011

Venice is a meanie weenie.

• Anti-Alien-Death-Squad Nov 29, 2011

Oh would that be the "real" Brenda? I miss the simpler days

• Anti-Alien-Death-Squad Nov 29, 2011

ah, but the other patrons wearing hats is a classic troll twist. Begin useless arguments over a fictitious event . . . now

• Ga
    gatortracks Nov 29, 2011

Mind your manners and remove your damn hat.

• El
    Elizabeth mary Wright Apr 30, 2010

On 4/29/10 my husband and I went to have dinner at 5:30 PM. I asked the hostess for a booth. She sat us two booths away from the kitchen. It was not crowdwd therefor she had many other choices. It was so noisy and uncomfotable.
    W e ordered our meals and salad bar. Before I sat down with my salad the main course was presented. I was very disappointed with the experience.