RPG ShowWig Smell

I purchased 3 wigs from this merchant for just over 1000 dollars. The wigs smell so bad that they literally stink of my entire house. I can walk in the front door and smell them all the way upstairs. It's like a cross between wet dog, formaldehyde, cigarettes, and smelly tennis shoes. I have spent about another 200 dollars buying products and chemicals to remove the odor, and nothing had helped. The I contacted the merchant, I was told to spray perfume on them. The PayPal dispute process is completely useless. Don't buy wigs from this pace.

• Ar
    ARKB Oct 22, 2012

I have just had a similar experience with a wig that smells like a wet dog and even after washing several times the smell still remains.I have made a and am awaiting a response. will report back

• Ju
    JustFab Jan 31, 2013

I purchased a wig Oct 2012 and it too smells like corn chips or dirty old socks. The wig is beautiful but I have to wash it every 2 weeks to cover up the smell. I cannot wear it everyday because Im embarrased someone will think I smell like an old gym bag :-( I am currently speaking with a CSR from RPG Show and hope to get this matter solved soon. Stay tuned.

• Lu
    Lucky But Cautious Apr 01, 2014

I just got my wig last week and it also stinks, so much that it makes me feel nauseous. It's a shame because the wig itself looks good.

Jannab Aug 30, 2014

Do NOT buy RPG wigs. They smell like Fritos and sweaty two week old socks. There is NOTHING you can do to get rid of the odor. I just received my wig on 21 Aug 2014 and am throwing it away because of the odor. The wig is gorgeous but I do not want people thinking I bathed in corn chips

• Ju
    Just_Juicey Aug 27, 2015

I had the exact same experience. Bought the wig which was my first lace front. I didn't notice the smell when I first received it last year because I bought it to wear once I completed radiation treatment and I have never worn weaves or wigs prior to that. When I finally took it out again with the intention of cutting and styling it since my scalp was now healed enough to tolerate a wig, I noticed the horrible smell. Since I had never worn a wig, I thought maybe this was normal for human hair wigs so I washed it and conditioned it and the smell remained. I washed it again and let it soak for a few days and even used a commercial product specifically made to remove odors (Odo-ban) and the smell is still there. The wig itself is still beautiful and the hair is still very soft even with washing it with the product not designed for washing hair but I will never be able to wear it because it smell so bad. It is like an old sweaty, musty smell so I assume it is the material that the wig cap is made of but I don't understand why washing it does not remove the smell.

• To
    Too Late Feb 02, 2016

I have encountered the the same problem with wigs from Lacewigsbuy.

• To
    Too Late Feb 02, 2016

My last 3 wigs smell like corn chips and they act like they never heard of the problem before and consider it not a problem. They will not waive the 30 percent restocking fee.