Rewards NowTaking money from card

I must have ticked a box without realising it, somewhere on the internet. Four payments of 15. pounds was taken from a credit card. I did, t know what it was. When I went on the internet I found out it was a discount club. But I had never ever seen the site. I went to the site and had to ask for a pass number. It was the first time this company had posted anything to my E mail. 60 ponds is a lot of money...for nothing.. Please be careful what you tick. It was obvious to the company I had never been on their site and they had never e mailed me. Blind Robbery. I cancelled via e mail and then put an unauthorised letter in to my credit card company.. Never again. I hate shopping online !

• Pe
    Pebbles Jun 26, 2009

Hi

I done exactly the same, they took £29.95 out my account and i hadn't even heard of them. I only went onto the Quickcreditscore website to check my credit and it links you up to a shopping website and with out knowing it i had ticked some thing that signed me up.

I think its an absolute disgrace that a credit check website can just give your account information to another website with out stating clearly what you are signing up for.

Both websites are to blame and are just a scam to get money out of people!

• Do
    Dolo Aug 06, 2009

Ive just done the same thing and found £19.95 payment gone out of my account. I definitly did not supply my card details and therefore i did not give my consent for this scam.

• Sh
    shoaib umer Aug 06, 2009

Hi there,
    I registered to the website quickcreditscore.co.uk for checking my credit report. there was time of 30 days of free period. once I registered all my details i hadn't received any confirmation from them. After that i tried to contact the no. but found no reply. later i emailed them for cancellation but again hadn't got reply.
    anyway, after a week my a/c was debited with £19.95 with the name of REWARDSNOW.CO.UK. Then I started research on it online, I found that the QUICKCREDITSCORE.CO.UK and REWARDSNOW.CO.UK are registered at the same address and emails and both are entirely different sites.Just put a glance on both sites and there contact addresses.

QUICKCREDITSCORE.CO.UK REWARDSNOW.CO.UK
    Quick Credit Score REWARDS NOW
    PO BOX 587 PO BOX 587
    Edgware, HA8 4DX Edgware, HA8 4DX
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    [protected]@quickcreditscore.co.uk [protected]@rewardsnow.co.uk

I am not only the victum there are alot of others aswell. But nobody knows what to do to save others where should we complain agains these frauders.

• Ga
    gagunova jelena Aug 21, 2009

hi people don't trust this ###
    QUICKCREDITSCORE.CO.UK REWARDSNOW.CO.UK they wont only your many but don't provide any information so be very careful whit them if you wont to cacnel them membership the number is [protected] call today and cancel membership and no one would take your many anymore

• Li
    littlelady Sep 10, 2009

Hi everyone,

Just got off the phone to a rude customer advisor Bob Stevens at rewardsnow.co.uk. He informed me that as i ticked a box when agreeing to have a free trial with credit score that rewardsnow have taken £19.95 from my account and will not refund me as that is not company policy and i had 30 days to cancel(didnt even know i had signed up). I informed him that i was promised a call back twice and didnt recieve one and had no idea that i had authorised them to take payment from my account and was basically told that he didnt care i was in the wrong and happy days they have my cash.

• Ba
    Batirtze Nov 04, 2009

I just checked my bank statements and the same... £29.95 taken by Rewards.co.uk and another £29.95 taken by Highcreditscore.co.uk... I don't know why this has happened. Well, they better give me the money back

• Pe
    Pebbles Nov 05, 2009

Hi Batirtze,

They wouldn't refund me as i ticked the box unknowingly which is agreeing to them screwing you over!

Let me know if you get any where with the ###!

• Ol
    olivia_ashton Nov 21, 2009

I've spoken to my bank who are sending me out a new card (so they can't charge me anymore) and some forms. I have never been on these sites before, but yes £29.95 from both TWICE now. My bank are sending me these forms so I can sign and they will get me my money back!

I have also just had £100 taken by Gawmans? No idea what Gawmans is!!!

• Da
    darrencole Nov 24, 2009

every month money keeps being taken from my account. I have sent numerous emails to this company asking why but never had a response. how do i get this money back

mandymoo25 Dec 27, 2009

Well I have just seen on my credit card statement that I have been charged £19.95 every month for the past 6 months!! I signed up to 'Quickcreditscore' back in June 2009 and I cancelled the same 10 days later (I have email confirmation of this) yet 'rewardsnow' have taken out almost £120!! I dont know who 'rewardsnow' are I never signed up for their service and I am really really annoyed!! Especially as this payment has now taken me over my credit limit which will incurr further charges!

I have spoken to my bank who said I need to call the company - I have tried this but yet cant get a response! I am at a loss as to what I can now do :-(

• Ev
    Evan Davies Jan 18, 2010

i had the same happen i had £19.95 from highcreditscore and then a further £19.95 from rewardsnow.co.uk
    does anyone no how to put them in there place.

• Do
    Dontire4UK Apr 26, 2010

It is very easy to condemn Nigeria for con and 419 but this RewardsNow. co.uk and others like shoppers discount are legally defrauding people of their hard earned money yet the government cannot stop them from their dubious practice. Its a shame that the same people who criticize other countries for corruption are the most corrupt. How can you explain that the government and the banks are aware of these fraudulent websites yet a lot of people suffer from the same scam everyday. SHAME!!!

• Co
    cos1 Jul 02, 2010

i have just found out they have taken 6 payments out my bank for £19.99 a time, since jan
    i never signed up to anything of the sort

how can i get my money back as you cant actually speak to anyone

• Pl
    Plabon Nov 02, 2010

[censor]in [censor]!!! same thing happened to me.. opened an account in credit score matters and did the same mistake like others and as a result those [censor] charged me 19.95. just quickly closed the account through online but have not gotten any confirmation!! can anyone tell me wat should i do further to stop those [censor] stealing money from my account??? and is there any way to get refund .. I have not spoken to them yet.. crazyly angry ..if i talk to those stupid customer service.. will [censor] up their whole family!!!

• Cl
    clairedowner Nov 18, 2010

I have just checked my account and have had £14.95 taken out by a company called rewardsnow.co.uk i have never ordered anything from there!!! Why have they taken money from my account?

andypipkin Dec 19, 2010

[censor]!!! it happened to me cant believe it! i wanted to check my credit score !!! has any one actually got thier money back or am i just pissin in the wind trying ???
    !!! I am absolutely tamping an i bet there aint even a managing director that you could shake by the thoat!!!

• Ra
    rasheed adisa May 25, 2011

why are you taking money out of my account from where you come from and how did you get my account details is about 2month now you took £19.95 into my account and from where you come from are fraud please stop this i dont register with you ok email me on my mailbox [protected]@yahoo.com

annie2712 May 25, 2011

While trying to do things the correct way by checking my credit score, this dishonest...theiving...SCAM...of a company have taken monies from my account without my authority or my knowledge... DO I HAVE THE MONEY TO SPARE? NO...DID I GET MY CREDIT SCORE? NO...
    Please if you are reading this DO NOT give your card details to anyone online you don't know, no matter how honest you think they are, because companies like this and others which are their sister companies wouldnt actually know how to spell the word HONEST.
    We are at present trying to get our monies back from this company and one of its sister companies..so if anyone has succeeded in doing so could they please let us know, as at the moment all we keep getting is the office is now closed.
    If we don't get any joy from this then we will contact the Financial Ombudsman to see what they can do on our behalf.
    YOU MUST CANCEL YOUR CARD WITH THE BANK AND RE-ORDER A NEW ONE BECAUSE THIS COMPANY STILL HAS ALL OF YOUR DELTAILS.

• Fy
    Fyffes Jul 25, 2011

This thread should be of interest to anybody who's been a victim of this particular company. You are far from alone if they've helped themselves to your money.

• Ga
    garry1888 Nov 01, 2011

i just got off the phone to rewards now who have offered me 50% of my membership fees back (about £40) of the (£80) that they have taken from my bank I had to agree not to take this any further as this was a good will gesture for basically keeping your mouth shut the woman I spoke to was very rude and overbearing since finding this debit transaction on my account 2 weeks ago I have had to cancel my bank account and also fill in fraud complaints forms with my bank in order to get my money back this was all done before the phone call I received today so if you are intending to take your complaint further do this before speaking to rewards now and I wouldn't let on that you have started the complaints process as I imagine you will get nothing back as the only way they were willing to give me any my money back was on the basis that I do not take my complaint any further, also if you are going to try to contact them to get some sort of a refund be persistent and keep at it I rang a total of 4 times each time asking to speak to a supervisor or manager as there was never a manager in the call center to take my call I asked for a call back it took 2 weeks for a manager to call me back she must have been on holiday paid for by us. When I spoke to my bank regarding this I was surprised when she told me there are thousands of these kind of company's operating in the UK I had never heard of anything like this until I got my bank statement in so all in all a expensive lesson learned and one I wont be repeating also I was told that they sent me a welcome email apparently I have checked A years worth of emails and spam and did not get any email from them I have checked many complaints regarding this company and from what I gather they are operating just within the law so if you can get some of your cash back take it and run as this is nobody's fault but our own

• Fy
    Fyffes Nov 01, 2011

You really should still go after them for the remainder. If you are persistent they will have to pay you because they are fully aware that their way of doing business would get laughed out of any court in the land. Read that forum the person above has provided a link to. Many people have got their money back fairly easily. Do not let these thieves off the hook. They will be laughing at you for believing their story about you having to agree not to take it further. Trust me, you've backed down when you absolutely didn't need to. Get back on to them and take no ### this time.

• C0
    C00kie Jan 26, 2012

I have been having 19.95 come out my account every couple of weeks as I do online banking it comes up rewardsnow.co.uk 19.95 I'm sorry to complain but its taking my money for unnone reasons I have no idea why n how they got my card details but I would like my money bk as ots to pay my rent

• In
    IntegrityAvenger Jul 14, 2012

These [protected]@£$%rds scammed me too.

• Ej
    ejask Jul 29, 2012

I too thought I was only paying $1 for a free credit report and have now been charged $29.95. I will actively pursue this scam.

• Pa
    Paul cooper Nov 17, 2012

I've been informed that rewards now have debited my account twice if not more, as I'm looking into it as we speak, NOT happy as I haven't a clue who they are. I've never signed up to ANY credit site, and I want my money back.
    If I don't ill see you in court.

Paul cooper

• Fm
    FMariam May 16, 2016

Rewards now has been taking £19.95 from 03/07/2012 up to this month 02/07/2016, they have taken in total £957.60 from my account without my knowledge. I was thinking that it was a direct debit that I have set up for my store cards. I was shocked to find out that without no agreement they have taken all this money without getting any permission or agreement. When I spoke to them they said, they got my detail when I wanted to claim £10 Asda voucher, rediculus!!!
    I want all my money back!!!

• Sh
    Sharong83 Sep 01, 2016

I have only recently been able to access my bank statements due to a family complication and I have noticed that Rewards Now together with another Credit Agency were taking money out of my account without my consent. I have totalled it up and since September 2011 I have had a total of £237.40 taken out of my account without my knowledge. I have contacted both Agencies but wanted to let people know what is going on and to keep an eye on your statements!!