Menu
10:15 pm EST

wellpoint nextrx - Hazardous to Healthcare

My husband and I have just completed our first orders through NextRX and it has been a nightmare. I have made numerous phone calls to NextRX and also to BCBSGA Retail Pharmacy office, and none of their staff are competent enough to work in the healthcare industry. My husband is diabetic, and they all withheld the information that we needed in order to continue to recieve free test strips, as we always through Walgreens and WalMart. Suddenly, NextRX is charging $30 copays for the same test strips, and BCBSGA Retail Pharmacy says that is correct, even though when they each tested the filing system, no copay was pulled as due. They refuse to accept a return of the shipped test strips, and also refuse to refund the copays that were not due. They are billing us for additional money ! Other issues include, poor invoicing...so bad that it took three calls to finally get someone who could explain them. They cannot produce a reconciliation statement at all and will tell you so. NextRX and BCBSGA Retail Pharmacy charged $30 copays on drugs that we received for $4 from Walgreens and WalMart, rather than inform us that they would not honor the $4 copay and allow us to get the meds off plan...a ripoff. BCBSGA Retail Pharmacy representative, Sandra, told me that the record of my previous calls had purged from their system, so there was no record of my prior conversation with her where she neglected to inform me that my husband should order his diabetic supplies from a DME vendor and who that vendor is. Basically, she wanted to let me know that if I complained, there was no paper trail to implicate her. We needed a couple of prescriptions on the weekend because the order from NextRX did not arrive in one package, but were unable to contact anyone for approval and the pharmacist could not contact anyone either. The automated system would not allow the pharmacist at WalMart to fill the prescriptions, because it showed that the order had been filled by mail order. We had to wait until Monday to get the meds filled. I feel as though I am dealing with a drug pusher rather than a pharmacy.

8 comments
May 12, 2010 1:38 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

wow. wellpointnextrx, huh? there is a nightmare story, ( i have names, i have numbers) but here is the quick and dirty...

they sent me the generic version of the medication my doctor prescribed first time after becoming a member.
i got a faxed copy of the prescription from my doctor, to confirm if the doctor wrote it wrong. he didn't, it was written "brand only, dispense as written".

not only will they not send the presribed medication before the doctor sends another script, (they have the original, i faxed it to them as well) there is no process to return and refund the money they took for the generic medication.
and, they will not work with me on that request.
my husband has filed them with the BBB, and is disputing with the bank.

done. they don't have my business anymore.
i am getting my prescription filled at costco.

T
Mar 04, 2010 10:30 am EST

NextRx is incompetent and unresponsive. I have a prescription that has been "in process" over two weeks. They promised to overnight the prescription at their expense twice and supposedly contacted their "Response" team to help fill the order. I've call them three days in a row and they promised to overnight the prescription. When I called yesterday, they couldn't guarantee it would get there by today. I checked online and it is still "in process".

I'm wondering if they actually have the drug in stock or whether they are just incompetent and unresponsive. If they don't have it, then admit it. Otherwise, they look completely incompetent and unresponsive.

Dec 12, 2009 6:50 pm EST

NextRx should be prohibited from handling such a crucial area relating to the well being of people. The filling of ones medications is far to important to have incomptence and mismanagement occur on a regular basis. I too have had my health threatened by this comnpany. They have sent me meds that I didn't order while not sending the ones that I did order. Their website seeks credit card payment without showing you the prescriptions and the costs that your paying for. This has led me to call in refills but once again disaster awaited. The associate/rep assured me that the payment for the scripts that we discussed and the resulting amounts would be the only charges going on my credit card. I had his name and title along with his repeated assurances. A couple of days later my credit card was billed not once but twice for two different charges. Both well over a hundred dollars and one being completely incorrect. Needless to say it took a couple of weeks to correct their error and because that was my low limit card it intially cost me additional fees and a lot of lst time making a dozen or so phone calls. Now my lastest fiasco with NextRx is my recent order where I sent 1 new script and ordered 3 refills along with a check for the payment. Well they took my payment and somehow lost track of or can't access my new script. Over a week later my order hasn't been filled. I''m told by supervisor Vida S. that she can't contact the pharmacist and that even though they've had my payment my order was cancelled and that I would have too wait until after the weekend to call back to resolve these issues. I just want my needed medication. NextRx needs to find another line of work. Unrelated to people!

W
Nov 30, 2009 11:01 am EST

I agree! I too have had numerous problems with NextRx/Wellpoint. I have a 4yr son with Epilepsy and the last 3 yrs has been on anti-seizure medication...the neurologist faxed a refill Rx for another year, but the Rx was never shipped out...the first 3 times I called NextRx, I was told the Rx was in shipping and was to be shipped out THAT DAY, obviously it wasn't. On the 4th call, the customer service rep placed me on hold (for an eternity) and finally came back to tell me that the Rx was sitting in shipping but RX # had changed and they didn't know where to ship the Rx to. (Now, don't you think someone with an ounce of sense should have asked where this should go?) The CS rep then said they would ship out next day at no cost to me and I would receive the Rx the day before Thanksgiving. But because I don't trust them, I had the neurologist call in another Rx to my Publix Pharmacy (who I used before being made to use mail order) so that my son would have Rx. Friday after Thanksgiving we still did not have Rx from NextRx. Now that they aren't open on the weekends, I had to wait until Monday to call again. After calling them the 5th time (note the 5th time) the CS rep placed me on hold (again forever) then came back on the phone to tell me she was very sorry that the previous other 4 people didn't tell me this, but the Rx was on manufacturer backorder. WHAT?!?!?!? Are you telling me that NextRx has known for a month now that this medication (ANTI-SEIZURE medication) was on backorder and they didn't have the respect to call its client and let them know?!?!?!?!?!
The solution? I had to call Publix Pharmacy and have them call NextRx to transfer the Rx. The lack of respect that NextRx/Wellpoint has for their clients is ridiculous and I will be filing a complaint with my insurance carrier (UHC) along with the BBB. I would rather pay out of pocket for my medications than have to deal with this madness, especially when it comes to my children's health.
NextRx/Wellpoint is a terrible pharmacy - if you have a choice DO NOT USE THEM!

Also to note, once the Rx went to generic, my insurance was charged $200 more for generic Rx v. name brand Rx. What's wrong with this picture!?!

B
Jun 23, 2009 7:12 pm EDT

NextRx is terrible! Employees don't know how to fix problems, answer questions, etc etc. Keep passing me to other departments, which are not the ones to fix the problem, on hold for very loooooong time. Can't believe they can stay in business with their incompetence. Had Caremark as last drug supplier and thought they were not very good, but NextRx sure has them beat for lousy service!

May 09, 2009 1:34 pm EDT

I have been filling a painkiller prescription with NextRX for a few years and they sometimes make a mistake
and will never admit to it. Number 1 have any important prescriptions mailed to you by UPS or Similar,
it cost $20 more but you will be sure to get them and you have to sign for it. The last prescription I mailed
to them did not indicate the kind of base (aspirin or tylenol) my Doctor had to fax it to them and they said
they never received it. I called and begged and pleaded for them to call his office for the information and
they finally did. I did not have any medication for almost two weeks. Number two: remember they are not
open on Sundays anymore and if you have no way of checking on whether your prescription has been posted
or in the process of sending which can take up to ten days and it has many times. I have to send a new
prescription because the last one did not clarify the base, even though they could find it in their records.
Do not ASSUME that they are filling your prescription. Number Three: NextRX gets authorization to be
paid when they post your prescription so if you have a backup prescription at a local pharmacy (WHICH
YOU SHOULD GET) it will be declined by your insurance company. I sent in two claims, one for 25 pills,
the other for 48 pills and since the Pharmacist did not call because I knew it would be declined they
have turned me down on both prescriptions. Make sure the local pharmacy calls it in whether your
insurance company pays for it or you pay for it. The Claims department (and they can get very nasty)
told me there were NO records of the local pharmacy calling them and declined my claims. Call NextRX
many times and talk to different Representatives because some are more knowledgeable and helpful
then others. I think the best way to cope is get a backup prescription and if you can drive down to
Baja and get a prescription filled. YOu are only allowed 50 pills to bring into the states, how do you
like that kind of control. There are 50 pharmacies, and Dentist, ANd Opticians in Algodones Baja Mexico.
So if anyone needs to see a dentist or optician you can park on the US side and walk over. Check out
what I am saying on the Internet do not take anything I say as the truth. I am writing this because
I know that most Americans can not cope with what we have now and President Obama wants the
government to take over your health care and run it for you. Think about this and do some investigation.
I love this country but when Americans are forced to go to Mexico or Canada and fill their prescriptions
there is something VERY WRONG. If anyone has anymore information on NEXTRX please post it. Remember
you NEED a prescription from you Doctor if you go to Mexico.

Mar 28, 2009 6:19 pm EDT

I am forced to use NextRX for my medication. I contacted my insurance "Anthem" several times to complain. I had been going to Walgreens to pickup my medications and am now forced to use this mail order option. Each time "member services" tell me that I have the choice to use my local pharmacy or the mail order option. Each time I attempted to pickup my meds from Walgreens they are told that I must use the mail order option. I was also told by Anthem that I could order 3 months supply and that the drugs would be cheaper. I can only order a 1 month supply and the drugs use to cost me $148.35 from Walgreens and now cost me $197.51 through NextRX. That is a huge increase in price.

For over 1 year I had been going to Walgreens through work insurance to pickup my meds. When I signed up for the benifts this year I was not told that I would have to use NextRX. I have been dealing with this issue since February and I ran out of meds. Most likely the meds will no longer be effective and I will need to be put on aother type of medication to stay alive.

I am writing a letter to my State Attorney Generals office to lodge a complaint against my employer, Anthem and NextRX. I am also researching the legal question if your insurance company can just change policy and demand that you use their mail order option. It will be good to file suit and get this overturned. Furthermore, we need more people complaining about this new policy.

J
Mar 25, 2009 7:03 pm EDT

I have been a retail pharmacist for 30 years so I thought I knew how to deal with a mail order pharmacy. My wife had asked them to mail us claim forms. We waited almost 3 weeks and no forms came in the mail. We were also told that are not available through the web. I called again and asked to send claim forms and the new customer service rep told me to download them. I will but I am uneasy about having them fill my Rx's if they can't even get mailing claim forms correct

K
10:36 pm EST

wellpoint nextrx - Prior Authorization Needed On Medications

Starting January 1, 2009, NextRX made it mandatory to get prior authorization for a medication that I have been taking for years. They did not tell me about this. I found out, by only receiving 30 pills of a 90 day supply. They charged me $45 for 30 pills when I could get 90 pills for $60. So I called them and they said they would fax my doctor the form to fill out for prior authorization. Three calls from me and two calls from my doctor and still no form! I called again and finally got someone with a modicum of intelligence and she told me that although they are demanding prior authorization as of 1/1/09 they have not figured out yet what requirements they need for you to get that authorization! They want you to jump through hoops they just don't know which hoops, yet. I despise this company! This is not the first problem my husband and I have had with them and I KNOW it won't be anywhere near the last.

9 comments
Jun 01, 2011 4:31 pm EDT

Here's my experience as of 7/8/08 Background: This is a web Rx company. You think you're gonna save bucks with them, but after the first coupon use, the price is about equal to what you'd pay using a local pharmacy, and they have no integrity in their ordering process. What happened: I ordered my first Rx and got a decent savings a few months ago. Today I went to order a refill via their phone automation. It took my credit card and advanced the order but did not give me a total or ask me to confirm my purchase. I pressed 0 for operator to speak with a live person. I asked first for total and found it to be higher than what I would pay locally. I told her I wanted to cancel the order. She said that wasn't possible because it was already in shipping*. (!) A spirited discussion began. She wouldn't budge saying they have no way to contact shipping. I insisted on cancelling and pointed out that I did not receive the total and a chance to opt in or out, and that it was unacceptable for them to not have a process in place to handle cancellations -- especially in this scenario. All she kept saying was that she could not cancel the order. It was like talking to a brick wall. Well we went round & round. Natch I asked to speak to a supervisor, and none were 'available' (amazing), but she said she would ask for one to call me back. As of this writing I am still waiting! I will deal with this and get satisfaction, but it may take some time. I wanted to post this experience here in case anyone is thinking about using a nextRx coupon to save some money. My advice: It's not worth it! Their process is totally flawed. If you do, then have a backup plan for subsequent orders and don't use their automated system. Talk to a live person, make sure you know what the charges are and how they compare with your local or other sources before you purchase! *A 2nd phone call placed afterwards stated the order was being 'processed' and the rep said it hadn't gone to shipping yet, but still could not be cancelled. Unbelieveable...

C
Jun 25, 2010 9:24 pm EDT

NextRx took our order in early June 2010, and the nightmare began! We submitted an order form for Allegra-D only, but the prescription had 3 other drugs listed. NextRx proceeded to fill the order and sent two drugs right away that were not listed on the order form. My wife called and they said they could not take back the drugs that were shipped. They also said the Allegra-D would be filled and sent out. We got a voice mail of delay on one of the drugs, keep in mind I only ordered one drug. We called again and were told there was a pre-authorization needed for Folbic, which we did not order. Then we were told the Folbic would be canceled and that was the reason for the delay. Finally we thought the Allegra-D that was ordered would be shipped out...wrong! The next day we got a voice mail about a delay again. This time they said we needed a pre-authorization for the Allegra-D. After 3 weeks we have gotten no where on the order for a drug we really need and thought we had plenty of time to get it.

Oct 30, 2009 7:32 pm EDT

THEY SHOULD NOT BE IN BUSINESS
THEY ARE SADISTS

R
Jun 02, 2009 7:31 am EDT

It's real simple. If indeed they lost your rx (and you didn't forget to put it in the envelope?) or even if you say "hey, I need this medicine, please call my dr and get a new rx for it". They will contact your dr, get the new rx and expedite the process in filling it.

U
Jun 01, 2009 12:26 pm EDT

Next RX has "lost" a mail in prescription I sent 10 days ago. They have no record of it being received, but another prescription sent at the same time in the same envelope was received and filled. I now have to call my DR for the 3rd time to ask for the same prescription. It has been such a nightmare dealing with this company. I though Caremark was bad- at least they filled the prescription even if it was the wrong amount. God forbid this medication was for something serious like diabetes. If you can- do not deal with this company

F
May 14, 2009 9:21 pm EDT

I have been getting a medication, and suddenly with no warning they leave me a message it will be delayed 10 to 14 days for a prior authorization. When I called to find out the date of my last prior auth and when it expired, the first person tried to tell me it went by calender year (this is WRONG, I am a doctor and know better), she said if it was done in December it would only be good for one month. No one could give me the information on when my previous PA expired, or if and how they contacted my doctor's office.

R
Apr 30, 2009 10:16 am EDT

I disagree..they are a great company.

Mar 28, 2009 6:17 pm EDT

C
Mar 15, 2009 1:00 am EDT

As annoying as it is not to get your medication when you want it, its worse when you don't know your plan benefits. They alert you when they have taken medications off formulary or it is spelled out right in your plan benefits. Your doctor would have been alerted to this fact first, and a prior authorization can be done over the phone if you are bcbsga member. Your doctor needs to take responsibility and call your insurance company and get your pa done over the phone. The insurance company will even tell you what their criteria is, if you ask. Then the doctors' staff can submit the info. I hope you get your medication.

E
2:05 pm EST

wellpoint nextrx - unprofessional liars

bluecross of ri is using wellpoint and nextRx/Precsion RX and they simply are
incompetent liars who hope that eventually
you will stop trying to get prescriptions covered
by insurance and pay for them yourself...
avoid these companies if you can.

7 comments
May 17, 2010 10:38 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Net Rx is better than local pharmacy and it is cheaper for a 90 day supply especially for singulair Target wanted almost $60 i get 90 for $120, my Ambien is better from mylan labs, although since netrx merged with express scripts its not mylan anymore but it is better than teva which i can't get but teva israeli garbage from cvs which don't work and makes you ill, i always get my meds fast and on time, allegra i get a lot cheaper like $25 for 90 day supply you won't get that at cvs or walmart or target, my address forwarding ran out and my order got sent back but they overnited it fed ex no charge, service depends on what # you call if you reach an ohio person or usa call center you-re fine but when you get sent to philapeans or india some raj guy who can't understand english gives you bs, i have the right 800# to call for usa help or ohio overall netrx has been a blessing

anyone who likes local pharmacy unless its an antibiotic and you need it right away should use netrx unless you got a coupon deal like Nasonex which i pick up at cvs still, $15 schering coupon good year round, so unless you like to overpay for medicine and throw your money away use local pharmacy i only use for $4 list anitbiotics in walmart or stuff i need right away but overall Anthem is good, you just don't know benefits you-re getting and how and when to use netrx, if your order never came you will get your money back and it is a hassle for 90 days to pay copay again out of pocket til 30 days so they can reverse the charge but it would only be due to a postal error or if you changed your address, Ambien usually comes by ups since its controlled, if you didn't have Anthem you would be paying through the ying yang for your prescriptions, premium =s cost of meds over month without the insurance, try it without Anthem you will feel bad when you look at your bank account, healthcare costs enough without having your meds, atleast you got help and won't die or suffer and you got 90 days supply to last you til you reorder again, pluses and minues overall pluses outweight headaches of mail order delievery, Satisfied Anthem NetRX member

Next Rx customer service is poor! After waiting a long time to speak with someone and then being put on hold I was disconnected. The service agent with whom I was speaking did not return my call even though she had all of my contact information and was in the middle of assisting me. So I had to begin the terrible telephone tree process all over again.

Next Rx gave me a particular generic brand but then said they could not refill it with the same generic when I went to refill it. My options were to use a different generic which was not an option for me since I had a previous reaction to a medication from another generic that required an ER visit and thousands of dollars in copay and deductible. The second option was to switch to the "Brand" which was nearly $2, 000. So I opted for my third option which was much better than using Wellpoint Next Rx. I went to my local Target pharmacy and they filled my rx for $85 with exactly the same generic that I had been using.

I am seriously thinking about switching all my families rx's from Next Rx to our local pharmacy where I receive much better customer service (there really is no comparison), can get the medication that I need in a timely manner, and all with a cost savings...Why am I still with Wellpoint Next Rx? Not sure why I've waited so long so I am off to transfer everything to my neighborhood pharmacy right now!

E
Dec 31, 2009 12:00 am EST

NextRX is horrible. I am a college student, covered by my father's insurance. My mother (on her own insurance plan) has had bad experiences with NextRX in the past, but because of my being a poor college kid and them having the 3-month supply for the price of 1 month deal, I have been using it. My father who lives in a different place from me also placed an order with them. HIS prescription was delivered to MY home, an automated shipping confirmation was called to my home's number, and to top it all off, the co-pay was charged to MY CARD. When I called in to resolve the issue, the CS guy barely knew what he was doing, I had to very slowly repeat my insurance card # FOUR times, then he said the address they had on file was my father's, and then eventually they tried shoving the blame for shipping the item to the wrong place off onto my father's doctor's office for sending them the wrong information. If the only address NextRX had on file was for my father, HOW was it sent to THIS address? TOTAL BS. And why would they charge it to a card with a different name on it? Like I said, I'm a poor college kid, I can't afford for companies to be messing around making unauthorized (aka ILLEGAL!) charges to my card!

The CS rep then went on to say "the prescription was for [medication], sent to us by Dr. _______, " after it was made QUITE OBVIOUS that it was MY FATHER'S prescription, not mine! So much for confidentiality! Absolutely ridiculous. I will be searching to see if I can get a deal on this prescription elsewhere. AVOID NEXTRX AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

Dec 23, 2009 11:56 am EST

Terrible customer service. I mailed in the order form on November 25th and didn't get shipping confirmation until December 15th. The shipping is supposed to take up to 7 business days, but today is the 8th day and I have not received it yet. I need the medication by next Monday the 28th. When I placed the order I thought that surely one month was enough time, but apparently not.

I called customer service to ask about my shipment. Here's how the call went:

-Hi, I'd like check the status of a shipment. According to an automated voicemail you left me it shipped last Monday and should have arrived by yesterday.
-Sir, please verify the order number, your date of birth, your wifes date of birth, your shipping address, your billing address, the name of the medication, and the prescription number.
-[I provide all of the information]
-Sir, the order was shipped last Monday.
-That's right, but I don't have it yet. Can you provide tracking information?
-No. We can place another order for you, which will incur another copay plus the cost of the medication. If the first order arrives, call us and we will cancel the order and credit you the cost.
-That doesn't solve the problem. I need the medication by next week and if you place another order it wont get here in time either. Can you help me find the original order?
-No. Please contact the US postal service and provide your order number.
(I later tried this and it didnt work)
-OK.
-Sir, is there anything else i can help you with today?
-[I laugh] No thats all the help I need, thanks. Bye.

T
May 15, 2009 4:32 pm EDT

Similar dealings with ANTHEM AND NETRX...BIG RIPOFF...STAY AWAY...Priced meds at local Kroger and NetRX twice over 4 month period...much higher at NetRX...anthem rep said much cheaper for 90 day supply...big lie! Anthem busy denying anything they can for obscure reasons they write up!

S
May 08, 2009 9:37 pm EDT

From SoCal:
BlueCross put me thru to NextRX (owned by BC/Anthem) who stated that I could fill a prescription: 2 month supply for 1 month copay of $30. RX came, and they charged me $60. BC defense: NextRx made a mistake, your plan docs say it's $30 per month. I called Next Rx, they said it's BC who didn't pay, NextRx not responsible. I called BC and they said NextRx erred on coverage quote, BC not responsible. Got a 3-way call going, and NextRx admits that the info in their system, provided by the owner of NextRx (BC/Anthem) says Mail order: 60 days/$30.
Filed a greivance, denied -- Talk about a bait and switch! I'll NEVER use NextRx again. I'm contacting Cal Insurance Board to file a request for assistance. I wonder how many people have paid the extra money? At a local pharm, you can at least turn down the Rx and not pay, but once NextRx ships, it's yours and you pay.

Mar 28, 2009 6:19 pm EDT

ADVERTISIMENT
Is this your company? Claim your business, engage with your consumers, leave official public responses, track complaints and customer replies at no cost. Get free account