Foremost Insurance Complaints & Reviews

Foremost Insurancebogus!

Yes, I switched to Foremost Insurance, it was affiliated with AARP. Never made a claim with my old insurance co or them EVER! I had a leakage in the masterbath last year, floor was wet etc. Called insurance co, took them a month or so to get here, they took pics etc and then called and said it was my problem as this leak had been happening for some time. HELLO? I would've called you if it had been happening for sometime. Do you think I wouldn't? That's why I have insurance! Needless to say they didn't pay 1 penny on it, now I am replacing all fixtures, insullation etc. On top of that, then they raised my premium. Don't always be proud to take the cheaper insurance, not worth it. Unless they can make an agreement with me on this soon, they are dust!

Comment Guidelines

1 Response
    • Ca
      Candace9839 Jan 02, 2015

Air conditioner condenser unit that was attached to house was stolen. Wires cut and removed from concrete slab. Police report filed and claim denied because theft not covered under landlord policy. All premiums paid on time and only claim ever filed in two years. Beware of named peril limited coverage.

Foremost InsuranceWon't accept payments

I had a motorcycle policy with Foremost since 2006. I had set up automatic payments with my bank account. The first couple years they withdrew the money from my account with no problems. Last year I got the confirmation email stating that my payment had been scheduled. Yet they never attempted to get the money from my account. I was able to get to it in time and pay them with a credit card. I also verified my bank account info with them to make sure it correct, and it was. This year I wasn't so lucky. I received the same "payment has been scheduled" email yet no attempt was made from them. Keep in mind I've had the same bank account for over 15 years. I received a letter stating they cancelled my insurance. Then I get a letter from the DOT stating that I need to pay $50 or turn my plate in because I don't have insurance anymore. I contacted Foremost and all they wanted to do was open a new policy with a higher rate so I opted to leave them. I've been with Nationwide for my auto since 2006 with no problems and excellent customer service so now I have my motorcycle policy with them. Lesson learned just because another company offers a lower insurance rate doesn't mean you should go with them. I have nothing nice to say about Foremost nor will I ever say anything nice about them. This company needs to go under and whoever was in charge of their online payments needs to get fired. Please do yourself a favor if you're shopping for insurance stay away from Foremost.

Comment Guidelines