Ultimate Warranty Complaints & Reviews

Ultimate WarrantyWill not pay claims they scamed me out of almost $2000

Do not buy a After Market Auto Warranty from Ultimate Warranty Corporation.

I purchased a After Market Auto Warranty from Ultimate Warranty Corporation and I have had nothing but problems. Ultimate warranty was supposed to give me an auto warranty with no deductible .This was in my contract, No deductible. They made a mistake on their end as a result they charged me an extra $50 for any claim. They did not honor their contract and continued to charge me a deductible until I threatened lawsuit and contacted the regional sale rep for Ultimate Warranty Corporation.

The second experience I had with them was worse. Ultimate warranty only replaces your parts with parts from a JUNK YARD. They do not use automotive parts form dealers or ever after market retailers. Only Auto Parts form the JUNK YARD. Read the words carefully. Under the parts section of the contract, it reads they will use recycled parts!
It also stats that they use parts that are of equal kind and quality to those used by most automotive repair shops! What repair shop suggests using junk yard parts? My mechanic was outraged.

Filling claims with this company takes days and getting ones Car repaired takes weeks. Their contract implies that you will get a rental if your car is in the shop for more than 8 hours. They will not honor this. They have worded the contract carefully in order to never have to provide you with a rental car. They do this by wording the contract to read the repair hours must add up to be 8 hours. Most repairs do not take this long, but given that it takes Ultimate Warranty Corporation 3 days to approve a claim and another week to ship your auto part from a junk yard you will be out of a car for a week.

If they feel the need they will send out an inspector to second guess your mechanics work. The do this to try and get out of paying any claim.

Their customer car sucks. You sit on hold for hours. If you try to make a complaint they will send you to a manager. One manager just hung upon me! If you get the claims department on the phone do not let them “call you back” they will not!

Over all Ultimate Warranty Corporation is a huge Scam. Do not purchase any of their automotive warranty products. If they offer any other products, Home Warranties, Product Warranties, Road Side Assistance Programs not do business with Ultimate Warranty Company. I filled a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

Respond

Ultimate WarrantyDID NOT HONOR WARRANTY FOR CAR

I purchased extended car warranty on my vehicle in 4/2/06 to run till 2011. I took my car in January 2008. Repair shop got the approval to repair it. I had to pay $240 when I had a $0.00
    deductible. Then they did not pay the repair shop. When they called Ultimate Warranty to get payment again they said to collect from the owner and they will cut a check to the owner. Till today I am still waiting for the check 2009. I know they filed for bankrupcy but they were waiting for the court to release the funds.

Respond

Ultimate Warrantynonpayment

I purchased my warrenty in 2005 with my 05 Honda Civic. Thinking this was something I needed. Boy was I wrong. Well, in Oct of 2008 I traded my Honda in for the new 2009 Dodge Challanger Rt and didn't need the warrenty anymore. I called to cancel it on Oct 23, 2008 and had to fax in odometer reading it was like 40, 000. and my new purchase agreement. So I was going to get a substancial refund back. Hopefully before Christmas. I did everything I was suppose to. Well Today 12/17/08 I called [protected] (Dealers Services) to see the status of my refund and I then found out I may not get one because of this Receivership crap. I had no idea about any of this. Somebody could have told me when I called to cancel this policy in Oct. I have been waiting 2 months for my refund and I then find this out. So Im still not understanding completely, will I not get my money back? Do I have to take this to court? I spent 2500 on my policy that I never used. Im extremely upset about all of this. So much for trying to protect your car right. I don't know what to do now. I have been reading all the information on the uwc21.com web and it sounds like it will be a long time before I get my money back, What can I do? Please help!

• Se
          sejohnsonaz Sep 28, 2010

I've run into the same problem! Warranties 4 Wheels sold me the warranty, but they will NOT provide any customer service. I've tried to get my pro-rated refund for 3 years off and on (because I just can't let it go)! I bought the warranty for $1600 and never used it. I put in a complaint to the BBB against Warranties 4 Wheels but they said it's too old and that Warranties 4 Wheels responded to me. All they told me way that Ultimate was going through some legal stuff and it would be a while. I would definitely like some of the money back, but am not sure how to go about it.

Ultimate WarrantyNon payment and reduction

I had warranty done on my truck in March. Ultimate warranty said that because the hourly shop rate went up since the last visit they would not cover the increased rate. They also would not cover the diagnostic cost even though it was related to the issue they were to cover. The total bill was $780, they would only cover $590. Then because the company was going through some "restructuring" I would have to pay upfront costs and they would reimburse me. That was four months ago and when I call them I can not get any answers out of them. No letter, nothing but an "I don't Know" Not to comforting, I think I got robbed. Probably because some upper tier of management was paying themselves way to much money for doing next to nothing. The best thing I heard came from this site when someone posted that in 2-4 months Ultimate Warranty customers might see reimbursement checks.

• La
            LadyKeefover Dec 17, 2008

Ultimate WarrantyREIMBURSEMENT

MY WARRANTY # UC876455 I HAD TO HAVE MY TRANSMISSION REPLACED, AND WITH ALL THE BACK AND FORTH WITH ULTIMATE WARRANTY TRYING THE SMALL STUFF, EVEN TOUGH IT WAS SO ""CLEAR"" IT WAS THE TRANSMISSION, NOT TO MENTION NOT HAVING A CAR FOR 3 WEEKS. MIND YOU A SINGLE MOTHER WITH A NEW BORN CHILD. I WAS TOLD THEY WOULD REIMBURSE ME WITHIN A MONTH ($1800.00) AS MY TOTAL BILL WAS $ 2511.91. THEN TO COME AND FIND OUT THAT THEY PRETTY MUCH SKIPPED TOWN. IT MAKES ME QUITE ILL THAT WE HAVE TOO MANY PEOPLE IN THE WORLD LIKE THIS ( THAT CAN LIE AND CHEAT YOU) I AM APPALLED. I LIVE MONTH T O MONTH ON DISABILITY (AS I WAS HIT BY A SEMI TRACTOR TRAILER AND LIFE IS DIFFICULT FOR ME, LET ALONE WITH ALL OF THIS ON MY PLATE. THIS MONEY SURE COULD HELP ME AND MY BABY. PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE STATUS AS I AM JUST VERY UPSET ABOUT THESE RUDE AND INCONSIDERATE PEOPLE . THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP. MS. ANITA WELSH

• Da
              Dave Oct 09, 2008

Ultimate has caused us as many headaches as everyone else has experienced. We had $ 1500 + and found out after several days of haggling that they would cover only about $950 of the total. When the so called inspector showed 3 days later he lowered it to around $670. I could not be there when he was inspecting, nor could my mechanic . This all happened in April/May of this year. It's difficult to get anyone to talk to when you call them...they refer to the web siteand that's it. By the way, I continue to get postcards and letters telling me my coverage is about to expire and should contact them to renew as this may be my last chance...yah! right! After all, look at my one and only claim, you betcha I'm gonna do that right away.
              Don't know if we'll ever see a dime...the lawyers and big shots get paid first and what's left kinda trickles down and away. Good luck all! I think maybe a little crusade to let used car dealers and their customers know a bit more about
              how after market warrantys work...and moreover "don't work" would be fun.

Ultimate Warranty — None payment

I am finding out the truth about Ultimate Headache, excuse me Ultimate Warranty. The a/c went out on our...

Ultimate Warrantywarranty

I purchased a warranty with Ultimate Warranty in 2004, I filed a claim for an alternator replacement with no problem. It went down hill after that, the next time, I filed a claim for a bad starter, it took them 3 days to approve it, they wanted to put an after market starter on my car, but finally agreed to go with a OEM starter, however I paid the total cost out of my pocket, and as of today have not been refunded, this claim was filed in November of 2007, and it is now April 2, 2008, my car is in the shop again, needing 900.00 worth of repairs and they refused to pay for anything even though I have the platinum warranty plan, that states that this work need is covered, I would like to be a part of any class action suit against this company!!!

• Br
                Breanna May 14, 2008

Ultimate has gone Bankrupt. It is now up to your dealership that you purchased the warranty from to decide if they will honor it or not, I just spoke with my dealership due to the same issue and they will only discount the labor fees $20 and give the parts at cost, no where near what my warranty was going to do.

Ultimate Warranty — Ultimate Warranty corporation is a huge scam!

Do not buy a After Market Auto Warranty from Ultimate Warranty Corporation. I purchased a After Market Auto...