TVAddicts.com Complaints & Reviews

TVAddicts.comOut of order and mislabeled

We bought a christmas gift for our daughter in December from www.tvaddicts.com. The first season of the dvd's worked fine after that they are out of order and mislabeled. We called as soon as we could to let them know (January) and continued to email them. They said they were very sorry for the delay several times. I've asked to talk to a manager and, of course, he is never there. At this point I'm very frustrated that they took my money and will not live up to their customer service motto as to treat a consumer fairly, HAH!

At this time, I'm willing to get the Better Business Bureau and my attorney involved.

Sincerely,
Cathy.

• Ra
      ralph nesbit Jun 09, 2008

What a joke! My order was over 1 month late! product is definately poor quality, i did'nt even recieve my complete order. Can't get any help, nobody answers toll free number. I paid with a credit card, i hope this will give me protection or some type of recourse. Last, thier "live chat" is'nt live at all, it's an e-mail system, your comments or questions for help end up somewhere in the cyber milkeyway.i'm out 140.00 dollars and my wife's mothers day and gift are ruined! this company SUCKS! DON'T BUY ANYTHING, YOUR GOING TO REGRET IT!

• Qu
      Quasi_Mondo May 09, 2008

Well, I hate to throw cliches around, but if it sounds too good to be true...
      This is why it's always a good idea to do some research on these kinds of things. Some folks don't mind paying for a bootleg of their favorite TV show especially if it isn't available otherwise.
      This link may help you as far as reporting the issue to Sony:

Cherri Tyler Apr 02, 2008

I also ordered several dvds from this company. After many emails and telephone calls that would not put me through to anyone, I was promised a refund that I never received. My only recourse is to report them to them BBB. I can only hope everyone who ordered from these people will do the same.

• Kr
      Kristine Apr 02, 2008

I almost ordered from tvaddicts. com but before I did I did a search on amazon and found link after link full of complaints about this web site and many others. Thanks for statements like yours to help others like me not waste any money on junk!

• Ka
      Kathy Upton Mar 11, 2008

I do not have internet at home... I travel an hour round trip to get to local public library. I recently did a web search for the old tv series "Dark Skies" on dvd. The first item that came up was at the tvaddicts.com site. They offered the complete series for $129.99 on sale for $49.99. I immediately ordered it. After about a dozen emails saying it was on back order, my debit card was charged and I was notified it was being sent. When I picked up the package at the post office I knew something was wrong. The disc package wasn't sealed; the labels looked homemade, and the picture in the package box was obviously a photocopy. I went back to the library and did a further search and learned the series hasn't even been released. Upon trying the watch the grainy, (7 episodes per 3 disks) there are obvious commercials at the end from where the series was taped from BBC channel four. I contacted the company but as yet haven't heard from them. I have tried to find a Sony anti-piracy department address or number but have had no success.

• Je
      Jessie Phares Feb 28, 2008

This is about the site: TVAddicts.com & various other sites that they have used different names on. What I wrote for the address etc. was on the package that they sent me. I really don't know where they are. It also has Canada on the package.

I ordered the Complete Television Series on DVDs of Laverne & Shirley. When I call the number 1 877 7 TVSHOW, there is an automated answer, but no one ever picks up after that. There is also another phone number that my credit card company gave me on my statement & it is also bogus. I can't count how many times I have tried to call them. I have never been able to get hold of them! When I sent email they never replyed & when I try to chat online directly to them & clicked on send, it all just disappeared. I tried this lots of times too. By reading all of the complaints on McAfee Site Advisor, (which they should change to red & not green, I trusted them also) these people have quite a list of different sites that are the same way with just different names. Upon first-time viewing of the dvds, the media skipped, paused, and froze several times. The discs are also missing episodes, which I later found out.... When the set arrived they were obviously copies from the t.v. Some have stations emblems on the show as it is playing on your t.v. The covers were photocopies. Thank you.

• Co
      Connie Cox Dec 17, 2007

I am experiencing the same issue with tvaddicts.com. I spent $150.00 on a Lost in Space DVD set and it is out of order and the shows freeze up and skip. No one answers the customer service number ... ever. I tried the online cossresponce 3 times and was assured I would get a refund but nothing was done. I am out $150.00 and don't know how to take legal action against them. Is there any action to take?

• Ju
      julietrindahl Aug 11, 2007

I also have a box set of useless dvd's. never received a replacement order or a refund on my credit card.

TVAddicts.com — Third Watch DVD Series is useless!

The Third Watch DVD series that seen me was useless. The package was damaged when it arrived. One case inside...