ADVERTISIMENT

Trailsource.com Complaints & Reviews

Trailsource.comuseless

This is useless. Basically just a list of places with trails and almost no other information. For instance, here is the complete text for Gardner Canyon:

COUNTRY: US STATE: Arizona (Printer Version)

REGION: Coronado National Forest TITLE: Gardner Canyon

NOTES: Near Tucson, the Gardner Canyon area has 18 miles of OHV driving. There are numerous side road to checkout, including many difficult ones. This are is very popular with ATV riders. Make sure to stay on numbered roads.

"Near Tucson." How's that for directions? What's to see; why would I go there? Nothing here that I can't get from looking at a map, and I can get a lot more on-line for free. Also, there is no contact information for the company so I can cancel this.

Comment Guidelines

3 Responses
    • Ka
      Kathy Timmer Sep 02, 2011

The Better Business Bureau is going to hear from me. I agree, I haven`t been able to use one thing, I thought it was going to
      give me a great riding outing, only to find out all of the info is from out of state. Not one bit useful, but my lawyer is looking
      into this for me.

Savy Gal Mar 06, 2011

I agree. It was a useless product. I felt swindled when forced to renew. I can't imagine too many people would renew if not forced. It appears to be a legal swindle. The consumer protection laws have failed us!

• Al
      AlanM Aug 18, 2009

This isn't quite the experience I had. I found that site to be very useful. I've been a member for years and have taken dozens of good trips using the information provided.

Trailsource.comRefuse to allow you to cancel, will take money first!!!!!!

When you sign up for this trail source service, you are automatically renewed for the following year. You do not have an option!!! This is just so typical and clever of companies trying to scam you of your money. I spoke to Jamie, the manager and owner of the website and asked him how many times have I used your site?? He responded only 4 times during the year. Ok, so they keep track of how many times you use it but they wont ask you if you would like to renew? They will automatically renew and... Guess What??? Yes, you guessed it... they will not offer you a refund, unless it was 5 days before the renewal date. How about that??? Not to mention folks... their website is not very clear as to the precise routes available... that why I've only used it a few times. I'm sorry, he just gives a where about place of where to go... it's not very clear... you have to look and hunt down the trails if you listen to him. Folks... SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! There are better maps out there... Do not WASTE YOUR TIME!!!

Comment Guidelines

1 Response
      • Je
        Jen Michaels Sep 30, 2007

I have been using that web site for a couple years now and have had great success. I signed up fully aware of that auto-renewal policy since it said so right on the web page. The trail info has helped me and my family on many a family vacation. I can definitely recommend them.
        Jen:)